Pingo www.pingo.com Reviews

Pingo www.pingo.com - Ask a question now

“Smart! Fast!! Professional!!! - That's PINGO”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by Jay61997 (1 review written)

I have been using Reliance calling card for more than 3 years and wanted to try few other products in market as Reliance was getting costlier as days goes by. After a breif ground work, I was interested in setting up an account with PINGO. The Account setup was so simple and no complex. it took not more than 3 minutes to Create, Verify, Authenticate and Approve. Above all, The customer service I received from PINGO was really really awesome. The turnaround time was not more than 20 minutes to… Read Full Review

“Let's enjoy the reliability and calls provided to the...”

Written on: 20/11/2013

I Love Pingo a lot, 100% Call Reliability and Quality, Keep up the Great Work. Improve the reliability and call quality. Other than that everything is perfect, make your rates cheapest and show a comparison like vs the leading competitiors. including Vonage. I make calls to Sri Lanka and the quality is outstanding. I would definitely recommend Pingo to anyone who likes to make International Phone Calls. Pingo is our trusted International Calling Card… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

Thanks for your business & advice. We are listening and appreciate your loyalty!

“STAY AWAY!!!”

Written on: 29/10/2013

Horrible customer service! They charge you first and keep you waiting for unknown amount of time to credit it to your account. When you call the customer service number you are instructed to dial 1, 2 or go to their website! by the way 1, or 2 do not deal with your questions concerning transactions/payment, etc. So all you can do is sit there and wait for them to credit the charged money into your account somehow someday if they wish!! This is stealing. I will sue them if they don't get back to… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/11/2013

Just to clarify for fellow readers...

We are truly sorry for the customer experiences listed. Pingo has made several changes to resolve the verification process while still keep our customers info safe.

We offer a 100% call quality guarantee with service available 7 days a week from 10am to midnight at 1-888-878-8838 or email contact at p.i.n.g.o. dot com. However you do need to press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish. Then press 3 to speak with a live agent.

Future readers please feel free to reach out to us to resolve any concerns you may have directly!

- Pingo Customer Service

“I started with Pingo in March 2005 and used it quite...”

Written on: 26/10/2013

I started with Pingo in March 2005 and used it quite frequently in an area that didn't have cell coverage. It worked very well for us as calling long distance on land line was expensive so we cancelled long distance and used Pingo to our satisfaction. Since, cell towers have been installed closer to our location and cell service is now quite good so we've cancelled Pingo. It served us well over these years. Skip in Northern Illinois… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/11/2013

Thanks for your business & kind support over the years!

“virtually impossible to make a call after midinght”

Written on: 12/10/2013

i make calls to ghana and with pingo, i dont even get pass the initial prompt that asks you to press one for english. the rate is ok compared to rebtel and skype though … Read Full Review

Written on: 18/11/2013

Just to clarify for fellow readers...

We are truly sorry for the customer experience listed. Pingo has made several changes to improve the call quality to Ghana.

One option is to look at calls from Ghana to get a lower rate of under 2 cents a minute using Pingo Soft Phone for web to phone dial calls.

We also offer a 100% call quality guarantee with service available 7 days a week from 10am to midnight at 1-888-878-8838 or email contact at p.i.n.g.o. dot com.

Future readers please feel free to reach out to us to resolve any concerns you may have directly so that we can set up a tech ticket and issue a refund if needed to resolve any confirmed call issues.

- Pingo Customer Service

“Very happy with this service, been using it for years!”

Written on: 12/07/2013

We have been using Pingo for quite a few years now. The service is always consistently excellent and easy to use. I have tried competing services, and Pingo is not only the best but one but also one of the most reasonable ones out there. If requiring help (for example, recently I needed to change my credit card information on my profile and asked for assistance with this because I mistakenly charged more minutes while doing this), customer service is prompt, efficient, helpful, and… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/11/2013

Thanks for your kind support of this International phone service!

- Pingo Customer Service

“I can not get an answer for my problem.Costumer...”

Written on: 07/02/2011

I can not get an answer for my problem.Costumer service can not help
and can not get the Verification department. WHAT A SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your system should be udated. JB… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2011

am having the same problem i icannot recharge my card and no costmer service to help no phone no. to call

Written on: 22/10/2012

This is a response directly from P.I.N.G.O customer service. Please note that anyone can contact account verification at pingoaccountverification /at/ p..i..n...g..o dot com for assistance. We verify all accounts to protect our customers information online. Pingo is proud to maintain a 95% customer retention rate with customer service available 7 days a week from 10am to midnight EST daily.

Written on: 20/09/2012

We have cleaned up the verification process to be more prompt to resolve issues - Customer Service

Written on: 22/10/2012

“THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE STAYAWAY.. Any positive...”

Written on: 18/01/2011

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE STAYAWAY.. Any positive reviews have to be by there awful customer service. They WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

Pingo maintains a 95% customer retention rate. Earned from having a quality service with affordable International call rates.

This review is slander as we offer a 100% money back & call quality guarantee.

For readers, please note that friendly customer service agents are available 7 days a week from 10am to midnight at 1-888-878-8838 or email contact at p.i.n.g.o. dot com

- Customer Service

“ Please never ever try PINGO calling card, its a...”

Written on: 19/11/2010

Please never ever try PINGO calling card, its a waste of time and money. They just get the money and run away never respond to the mails nor the customer care. Please keep off this nonsense. I wasted $20… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

We are truly sorry for your experience and wanted to personally respond.

- Customer Service

“I applied for a $5 charge just to check its...”

Written on: 04/10/2010

I applied for a $5 charge just to check its reliability and quality. But my account is still under review. If I go recharge page, then I can see a date/time within which the account should get activated. But as the date has now passed, I have decided to close my account. Now, Will I get my $5 back or will it get deducted?
I do not recommend Pingo to anyone. I should have seen the reviews in the forum first. But I was taken away by seeing so less rates. I hope everyone read this before plunging… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

We are truly sorry for your experience and wanted to personally respond publicly. We have made several improvements to the verification process to help resolve these types of issues while keeping our customers information secure online.

- Customer Service

“Do not use Pingo.com. I signed up b/c the rates looked...”

Written on: 22/08/2010

Do not use Pingo.com. I signed up b/c the rates looked really good. I tried to access my account and the message i received was that the account was under review. I emailed customer service and they informed me i would receive an email letting me know when my account was activated. This was on 7/22, it is now 8/21, i never received the email but they charged me $20 b/c my account (that i never was able to access) was set up on autocharge.
Do not use this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

We are truly sorry for your experience and wanted to personally respond. We have made several improvements to the verification process. Which is available at pingoverification /at/ p.i.n.g.o. dot com at any point during the sign up process to assist.

You need to opt in to auto recharge feature.

- Customer Service

“Pingo has double charged me but gave me credit only...”

Written on: 26/05/2010

Pingo has double charged me but gave me credit only once. When I have called to fix the matter, one employee told me he sees what I am talking about and he is refunding the money..
couple days later another employee says that not their issue I have to deal with my ank eventhough ( Pingo is the one that charged me ). and I got an email of a refund but never the refund.
I got very bad service and I have been a customer for a long time and spent alot on pingo. Pingo should learn that its… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

We are truly sorry for your experience and wanted to personally respond as your correct that it's profitable to maintain existing customers than it is to acquire new one. Pingo maintains a 95% customer retention rate which is earned from having a quality service with affordable International call rates.

It seems that we ran into an issue with your bank or credit provider in refunding your account. We offer a 100% money back & call quality guarantee with service available 7 days a week from 10am to midnight at 1-888-878-8838 or email contact at p.i.n.g.o. dot com

- Customer Service

“This is a bugos company to me. They tell to log on to...”

Written on: 26/01/2010

This is a bugos company to me. They tell to log on to there verification site to complete to sign up and it takes you back to the sign up page as does thier customer service site. I figure I have just lost $20.00. Diffently will not recomend this site to anyone… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

We are truly sorry for your experience. Pingo is a trusted service that is a division if iBasis, a KPN Company. Which you can search to validate the company personally.

Pingo maintains a 95% customer retention rate which is earned from having a quality service and protecting our customers information online.

- Customer Service

“Don't EVER go with this company, Pingo.com. It takes...”

Written on: 20/01/2010

Don't EVER go with this company, Pingo.com. It takes DAYS for a simple 20-dollar credit to be processed, so NOTHING is instant here.

Additionally, customer service is, of course, out-sourced to India so you can bet on shoddy customer service and language barrier Heaven if anyone even answers the phone.

I am EXCITED to end a dispute with Pingo.com, as I have 20 dollars floating in non-appended/unapproved purgatory ever since Monday - calling them only awarded me that MAYBE my credit would be… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

We wanted to respond personally to these statements

1. Outsourced

Customer service is available 7 days a week from 10am to midnight at 1-888-878-8838 or email contact at p.i.n.g.o. dot com. These are American's based in Ohio that speak English & Spanish to best service our customers.

2. Approval Process

We've improved the process to secure our customers information.

- Customer Service

“I love their softphone, speed dial and PINless...”

Written on: 05/01/2010

I love their softphone, speed dial and PINless features. Very cheap rates… Read Full Review

“Pingo works occasionally and the voice quality is...”

Written on: 09/08/2009

Pingo works occasionally and the voice quality is awful. You can barely communicate with the other person.
They take monthly fee and if yiu are not careful they trick. It is a big SCAM so I do not recommend it to anybody. Stay away!… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

Pingo does have a monthly management fee of .98 cents per month but no hidden fees.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have applied for the service from Pingo a week ago...”

Written on: 11/06/2009

I have applied for the service from Pingo a week ago and sent the verification email. After 5 days of contacting both Pingo customer service and Pingo verification, my account is still under review! No help can be provided by the customer service and no reply has come from Pingo verification. I was stupid to put in $20.00 hoping that I could save in international calls to my family abroad. My hopes have turned to frustration!… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

We are truly sorry for your experience and wanted to let you know that this issue was resolved to verify new accounts.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I registered for the Pingo service and also replied...”

Written on: 05/06/2009

I registered for the Pingo service and also replied the verification email. But my account is not activated. No information or communication from pingo. Don't use this service !!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

Sorry for your experience.

- Customer Service

“Great service. And Cheap. After experiencing for...”

Written on: 03/11/2008

Great service. And Cheap. After experiencing for several weeks VERY poor connections on PennyTalk I switched to Pingo. Much cheaper to Poland, because there is no connection fee (49 U.S. cents on PennyTalk). And all connections were excellent with one exception. Redialed and it was fine… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“ I find there's very poor business ethics. There...”

Written on: 20/10/2008 by nirajrijal (1 review written)

I find there's very poor business ethics. There customer service is not great. I have been a member for alomst 3 yrs. When i started everytihng was great. I dont konw what happened this year. They charged me for a fee of 50 dollars which when i talk with there customer service they say that was a mistake and they need to refund it. but i have called them almost 5 times each time i get the same assurance and they tell me that my account will be credited in 1-2 business day but its already… Read Full Review

Pingodotcom's Response to nirajrijal's Review

Written on: 20/09/2012

We don't know the details of this issue but wanted to assure that the company is a trusted phone service owned be a leading telephone carrier.