Franke Triflow Water Filters Reviews

• Service & Support

Franke Triflow Water Filters - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Franke Triflow Water Filters

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“We've owned a Franke Triflow water purifier for 6/7...”

Written on: 10/01/2011 by BasilVictorHomer (1 review written)

We've owned a Franke Triflow water purifier for 6/7 years and are still enjoying the benefits of great-tasting filtered water from the tap.

We've only ever had one slight mishap when we failed to fit the replacement cartridge correctly causing a minor leak. However we had a bucket in place for just such an eventuality so no harm done.

We always replace the FR9455 cartridges on time every six months and our only real gripe is the price - at c.£40.00 a cartridge they're not cheap. However… Read Full Review

Johnwheatcroft's Response to BasilVictorHomer's Review

Written on: 05/09/2013

I have found the same problem, however you can now buy a limescale filter cartridge from spring-clear.
I have used it and its like brita on tap!!!

Andyg9's Response to BasilVictorHomer's Review

Written on: 21/03/2014

I agree with this review however I have reduced the cost of the filter by buying the Doulton Ultracarb filters at almost half the price. I get them from Best4purewater. I believe that Doulton make the filters for Franke anyway so they are exactly the same.

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“When we first bought the FRANKE TRIFLOW we had similar...”

Written on: 22/12/2010 by shailini17 (1 review written)

When we first bought the FRANKE TRIFLOW we had similar problems to others - ie the water tasted worst than tap water. Having had a Brita filter for years I was extremely disappointed. We even blind tested it against Brita & tap water. Subsequently I have been in touch with filter customer support & went through a procedure to clean the filter - It was a bit tricky but I have made notes so I can refer back to them if needed! Anyway the water is lovely now & crystal clear. Its a smart looking… Read Full Review

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“I initially had the franke Tri flow tap together with...”

Written on: 28/01/2010 by Kenwood Chef (4 reviews written)

I initially had the franke Tri flow tap together with the filter fitted by a local company. The tap looked great but I didn't like the taste of the water. So I contacted the company that fitted it and they were able to remove the filter cartridge system and put in a reverse osmosis system. Now my water is brilliant, crystal clear and no more scum in my tea and I like the taste! Although I felt the Franke package was very expensive I wished I had gone for the reverse osmosis from the start… Read Full Review

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“Installed a franke tri-flow in June 2009. Couldn't...”

Written on: 09/01/2010

Installed a franke tri-flow in June 2009. Couldn't believe how good the tap water tasted once it had been filtered, well impressed. Haven't had any issues with leaks so far. No longer buying bottled water and filters for the jugs, a great improvement and worthwhile investment… Read Full Review

“ ”

Written on: 20/09/2009

I have had this franke triflow water filters since 98 so am suprised to read the other reviews. I never had a leak in 9 years and if you shop around you can replacement filters for under £15 (pozzani for e.g). The only problem I have with it everytime I have to change filters it is a horrendous job as I can't unscrew the filter. I always need help and take hours to loosen the suction. For this reason I am thinking of changing the filter for something easier that a lady can operate and… Read Full Review

Avidpainter's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2011

I am trying to figure out how this unscrewing problem exists for the writer and not for me. I wonder if the problem with removing the filter is caused by not breaking the water pressure first. Turning off the water to the filter does not break the pressure. One has to open the tap after turning off the water to drop the pressure. That will make a big difference.
<br/>The second possible cause of the problem is that there is a lock mechanism to keep the filter from being unscrewed. That device is a plastic lever device on the chrome filter holder. It can be depressed while turning the filter housing or, more easily, popped out of its holder for the duration of the changing filter time and then put back in. Last is the possibility that the writer doesn't have good hand strength, perhaps due to the awkward location of her filter. Most of these are installed such that the filter housing can be lifted off the bracket that holds the filter. That permits a much better grip on the housing to be achieved.

Dollybutler's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2012

Hi, I had this same problem. But after contacting triflow they expained that they have now upgraded the plastic housings and i brought a new stainless steel housing and all new filters are bayonet fittings so they fit just like a lightbulb. So are push fit. So easy to change can do in a couple of minutes. Much better.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/06/2011

Yes we have had the same problem. It is a real pain.I keep putting off replacing the filter because of it.

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“The leaking as described by others is a horrendous...”

Written on: 10/08/2009

The leaking as described by others is a horrendous flaw on the Franke Triflow Water Filters. Caused thousands of dollars of damage. Third-rate manufacturer… Read Full Review

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“We "bought" the Franke system as part of a replacement...”

Written on: 17/05/2009 by oldfella69 (2 reviews written)

We "bought" the Franke system as part of a replacement kitchen project so on its own the Franke system didn't seem that expensive BUT the cost of replacement filters from Franke is horrendous and I totally agree regarding the problems with leaking after the 2nd or 3rd cartridge replacement. An "O" ring for the cartridge container is a must but as previously stated Franke don't see the issue at all!… Read Full Review

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“I had this franke triflow water filter unit fitted...”

Written on: 21/04/2009 by Zebedeedy (1 review written)

I had this franke triflow water filter unit fitted about two years ago. The first time I replaced the filter, things were fine, the second, I found it impossible to stop it leaking. I contacted the company asking for advice and they ignored my questions, suggesting only that I upgrade to their new stainless steel model. So I now have a useless filter system. It strikes me that it should come with an 'o' ring on the casing, but when I asked them about it, they didn't respond. I've talked to… Read Full Review

Dollybutler's Response to Zebedeedy's Review

Written on: 21/08/2012

Hi, You should try Triflow directly and a ask for an ' O ' ring. they can send this to you and help you over the phone.

I did this they were really helpful.

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“bought this Franke triflow system as we live in an...”

Written on: 04/12/2008 by eddy060367 (3 reviews written)

bought this Franke triflow system as we live in an extremely hard water area in wiltshire. We were using a brita water filter for the water in the kettle which worked great. We bought his as we thought it would save money in the long run. When installed the water just tasted like normal tap water to me (although i am not a big water connisseur saying that) What we did notice though was that the kettle seemed to be getting scaled up for a pastime using this in it, so i phoned avilion to… Read Full Review

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“The Franke Triflow is easy to operate - filtered water...”

Written on: 11/11/2008 by MarkLSykes (1 review written)

The Franke Triflow is easy to operate - filtered water a treat, every time. New filter easy to fit. Smart design although now considered old-fashioned as I bought it in 2001. I do not know why more people do not fit them, as those jug filter systems are expensive in the long run and you have to wait while the reservoir fills up - with the TriFlow you get continuous filtered water which tastes great, on its own or with tea, coffee or infusions… Read Full Review

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“Good product, It looks good, but that cartridge is so...”

Written on: 04/07/2008

Good product, It looks good, but that cartridge is so tricky to seal. Too loose and it leaks. Too tight and it leaks. Also, the cartridges are probably twice the price of others on the market, but I am not going elsewhere in case the cartridge changing problem gets worse!… Read Full Review

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“I find that the filters stop any scum forming ( and we...”

Written on: 22/04/2008

I find that the filters stop any scum forming ( and we live in London a hard water area) on tea and coffee and plain water tastes great even in my single malts!

☆☆☆☆☆
Franke Triflow Water Filters

“I had a Triflow system installed about 18 months ago...”

Written on: 14/03/2008 by orpheus2000 (1 review written)

I had a Triflow system installed about 18 months ago because the water supply goes through a salt softener. The filter tap is connected directly to the mains, however, before it reaches the softener.
The 'filtered' water has an oily scum on the surface, most noticeable when making tea or coffee, which looks disgusting. This is after taking care that the kettle is clean, cups have been rinsed after washing, etc. Since water from the other cold tap seems OK , I also made sure that the plumbing… Read Full Review

Freshwater's Response to orpheus2000's Review

Written on: 10/08/2008

We do the Doulton filters to suit franke a lot less than &pound;62.

Franke Triflow Water Filters

“I like this filter system, it's great to know that I...”

Written on: 21/02/2008

I like this filter system, it's great to know that I am no longer making the planet worse with my obsession with clean and great tasting water. (I used to buy all my drinking water) now I simply buy 1 or 2 Franke replacement cartridges at a cost of approx £45- for the 2. I am saving loads of money! in fact I save £730- a year. (min. 2L bottle per day)