Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare Reviews

Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare

Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare

“The Arctic Monkey's second album, Favourite Worst...”

Written on: 12/11/2009 by emmiloo92 (1 review written)

The Arctic Monkey's second album, Favourite Worst Nightmare.
I had heard "Brianstorm" and "Teddy Picker" on the radio before buying this album, and I was pleased to say that I found some of the other tracks even better!
"Flouresant Adolescant" is lyrical genius, and the bass line is inspired, even if the rest of the music from the track isn't that great.
"Old Yellow Bricks" is possibly my favourite song from the album musically.
It stays true to the Indie genre but incorporates a dance rhythm… Read Full Review

Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare

“I've been disappointed by this album. The Arctic's...”

Written on: 21/09/2007 by Sony Fan (32 reviews written)

I've been disappointed by this album. The Arctic's first album is one of my favourites ever but Favourite Worst Nightmare is has a different and quite depressing vibe which takes the fun out it for me.

Only 'Fluorescent Adolescent' reminds me of the cheeky, upbeat sound of the majority of 'Whatever People Say..." and the remainder of the album is much less accessible and I'd be really surprised if this album spawns more than one hit single.

You could argue that this album shows that the… Read Full Review

Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare

“After the success of "Whatever people Say I am That's...”

Written on: 11/08/2007 by polkadots (16 reviews written)

After the success of "Whatever people Say I am That's What I'm Not" the AM's were bound to stop the show again... thankfully they did. Favourite Worst Nightmare is absolutely addictive with amazing lyrics and fantastic guitar riffs - if you don't own it, buy it!… Read Full Review

Kangaroopouch's Response to polkadots's Review

Written on: 15/08/2007

I agree, fantastic album. So overall which do you reckon is the best out of the two?? Tricky one eh!

Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare

“Arctic Monkeys are back with Favourite Worst...”

Written on: 02/08/2007 by Tania (78 reviews written)

Arctic Monkeys are back with Favourite Worst Nightmare, and this is a fantastic follow up. The majority of the songs are perhaps not as up front and bold as on Whatever People Say I am That's What I'm Not but do not underestimate... By no means is this a difficult second album. The opening track Brianstorm is an absolute banger with the bands signature hard riffs, fluid guitars and lyrics with attitude. Follow up single Fluorescent Adolescent is wonderfully melodic and Alex Turner's voice seems… Read Full Review

Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare

“When I heard that the Arctic Monkeys were releasing My...”

Written on: 13/07/2007 by duckview (1 review written)

When I heard that the Arctic Monkeys were releasing My Favourite Worst Nightmare, I was beside myself as the first time I ever heard I bet you look good on the Dancefloor; I was paralyzed by the magic of these monkeys and bought their first album. This second album is very different, but the new style is paralyzing, it makes you want to listen to it again, and again, and again... My Favourite Worst Nightmare is an excellent CD, with fast and slow songs, and a completely new style. 10 out of 10… Read Full Review