Motocaddy S1 Reviews

Media Gallery for Motocaddy S1

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)
Motocaddy S1

“Battery life poor - will not operate for the full 18 holes”

Written on: 22/09/2012 by Unhappygolfer (1 review written)

I unfortunately misplaced the purchase receipt for my Motorcaddy S1 within the first 12 months of ownership and so when the battery started to deteriorate, the supplier thought that it was outside the warranty period and neither of did anything about contacting the manufacturer. I just chose to push the thing round the last few holes and put it down to experience, especially when the retailer didn't really show any sign of customer care. Then, low and behold, I found the receipt and that it… Read Full Review

Dixonk's Response to Unhappygolfer's Review

Written on: 22/05/2013

I could not agree with you more. The exact same scenario happened with me...exact same. This is a huge FAIL!!!!

Motocaddy S1

“Problems with S1 and quality of service”

Written on: 01/05/2012 by ianb281 (1 review written)

My S1 is 2 years old. I have had a series of problems associated with the On/Off switch and Control Box. It has taken three visits to their HQ near Stansted Airport to get it fixed. They seem qick to diagnose and replace parts without thoroughly investigating the cause of the problem in the first place and then fail to test the repair adequately to make sure that the fault has been eradicated. I have also found that the motor and gearbox is not well supported and has a tendency to work… Read Full Review

Dixonk's Response to ianb281's Review

Written on: 22/05/2013

I completely agree. This product is junk!!!!

Motocaddy S1

“I have had my S1 for about a month now, on buying it...”

Written on: 23/05/2011

I have had my S1 for about a month now, on buying it from a well known retailer (American Golf)I brought it home (20 miles from the shop)and assembled it and charged the battery to find out it did not work. On having to go back to the shop the assistant could not get it to work so they gave me another one.I have played 5/6 rounds of Golf and so far it has not let me down. The S1 looks nice and is solid but what a lot of messing with the battery. On my old Power caddy I came home from a round of… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2011

What are you talking about...the motocaddy manual says to use trickle charge?!

Motocaddy S1

“Actually like the Motocaddy but after one month the...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

Actually like the Motocaddy but after one month the speed is stuck on one setting. I keep e-mailing Motocaddy Australia, Uk and USA and no one will return my messages. Fortunately the dealer I bought it from is getting me a new controller but he is having problems getting one. I would not recommend this cart. There are probably other carts that are just as good but with better custoemr service… Read Full Review

Motocaddy S1

“ Motocaddy The center of gravity is wrong, cannot...”

Written on: 12/09/2010 by paulnfisher (1 review written)

Motocaddy The center of gravity is wrong, cannot handle a slope of 1 in 6 The on off button operation is very sensitive, also the rotary action.
I have designed a mod for this and advised motocaddy,but they advise me they have received no complaints.
Every member in my club who have purchased this trolley have had the same problem and visiting clubs members make the same case
Finally it is potentially dangerous.
For example, without be aware, you a club out of your bag and in doing so you… Read Full Review

Armstrongnet's Response to paulnfisher's Review

Written on: 30/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because... i have the same problem with my MC I have spoken with them (Email) but they see nothing wrong with the switch / speed adjuster , you just have to breathe on it and it changes ,and you end up pushing or being taken for a ride down the fairway
<br/>- good trolley , rubbish controls - ratind 3 /10
<br/>david armstrong
<br/>david(at)armstrongnet.co.uk
<br/>i would like to know the fix paul did

Armstrongnet's Response to paulnfisher's Review

Written on: 29/06/2012

paul what mod did you do on the switch??

Guest's Response to paulnfisher's Review

Written on: 27/06/2012

I find going down hill with minimum speed 1 setting my new Motocaddy S1 Pro trolley wants to pull me downhill fast and that aggravates my sore knee more. There is no brake as far as I can see. It also runs downhill on its own forward and backwards when button is in the off position so I have to turn the trolley 90 degrees to the slope. Design could be better.

Guest's Response to paulnfisher's Review

Written on: 21/08/2011

I bought my motocaddy S1 in may and have been in touch by phone and email I was told to take my clubs out of the side of the bag.I was playing on Friday with in an open comp and one of my the opposition players past me something and caught the button up went the speed and away went the trolley. My husband has been trying to fix it for me but other than putting a switch on nothing. Anne . w.wilkinson137@btinternet.com

Mgf1L's Response to paulnfisher's Review

Written on: 26/01/2011

I found this review very helpful because...I too have a Motocaddy S1 and suffer the same problem with the ultra-sensitive switch and the fact that the trolley quite often falls backwards whenever I negotiate a fairly average incline, and I am using the Motocaddy cartbag !!!

Motocaddy S1

“The 18 hole battery that came with my S1 lasted 14...”

Written on: 13/05/2010

The 18 hole battery that came with my S1 lasted 14 months during which time I was abroad for one month and my local course had a trolley ban due to wet conditions for another month. In fact it did less than 50 rounds of a flattish 5000 yd. 18 hole course. Motocaddy were just not interested because their warranty is 12 months - period! No interest for product development/improvement data, no interest for customer service and no interest for the sake of their reputation. All I got on the telphone… Read Full Review

Motocaddy S1

“I wish these reviews were readily available a couple...”

Written on: 22/04/2010

I wish these reviews were readily available a couple of years ago before I bought my MC S1. I seem to have had the same trouble as many other reviewers, battery died after 12 months, purchase new one, the spend control is either stop or turbo and I have to chase the trolley around the course. Last straw today the whole thing packed up after 3 holes. Got in touch with local repair agent who tells me he stopped doing repairs them because of all the trouble he had repairing them. Anybody know… Read Full Review

Motocaddy S1

“i bought my trolley in May 2007 and it now needs its...”

Written on: 26/10/2009

i bought my trolley in May 2007 and it now needs its third battery.A27 hole battery that does not hold its charge for 18 holes is not much use… Read Full Review

Motocaddy S1

“Thought Motocaddy S1 was the bee's knees when I first...”

Written on: 21/09/2009

Thought Motocaddy S1 was the bee's knees when I first got it, compact, easy to use.
Battery started to labour after 13months.
At 2 years the axel sheared, material seems very poor and a nightmare to strip down. Had to buy gear box too even though this was undamaged, customer service poor and off hand.
Golf shop where I purchased machine had ceased stocking due to poor service… Read Full Review

Motocaddy S1

“The Motocaddy S1 is basically OK”

Written on: 01/06/2009

The Motocaddy S1 is basically OK… Read Full Review

Motocaddy S1

“Received mine april 2007,present from wife, usually...”

Written on: 17/07/2008

Received mine april 2007,present from wife, usually carry, probably only used 30 times to date, speed controller either slow or fast no in between,battery only lasting 9 holes even though it is supposed to be a 27 hole one,gear box makes grinding noise occasionally, opps should have got a different make… Read Full Review

Motocaddy S1

“ A modification pack could have been produced to...”

Written on: 20/06/2008

A modification pack could have been produced to remove the above problem.
The carry bag for storing the cart is of poor quality . Mine has fallen to bits in 1 year… Read Full Review

Motocaddy S1

“Was a terrific trolley until the preverbial "wheels...”

Written on: 14/05/2008 by antonywells (2 reviews written)

Was a terrific trolley until the preverbial "wheels fell off"… Read Full Review