Husqvarna Viking Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Can't remember which model Husqvarna Viking sewing machine you have? No worry, you can still add your own review here.
Husqvarna Viking - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Husqvarna Viking

Husqvarna Viking

“Stitches not straight and micro”

Written on: 17/09/2013

After the first year of 10, I have been able to only sew with micro stitches. Top stitching is impossible because stitches are ugly… Read Full Review

“Husqvarna Viking Opal 650”

Written on: 29/06/2013

I do not embroider w my machine. I sew clothing and household items. This machine is incredible. I purchased it at Joann's where I was able to test sew on Singer, Brother, and the Opal. I have sewed for 40 yers and have only owned 2 machines in my lifetime, a singer and a white. The Opal is so much smoother and operates exactly as advertised. I love it and do not regret its purchase. It is also a consumer digest best buy. Drawback: optional pressed feet are expensive and are not… Read Full Review

Sammiess24's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2014

I just bought the 650 opal , I love it.. but I hate the foot pedal , it is cheap and I do not think it has ease of pressing on the foot.. It seems like you have to press harder than I think you should.. I am going to see if I can purchase a more sturdy foot for the opal 650. I had not heard of the 1 yr trade up, what is that about.. ?

“Awful performance and waste of money”

Written on: 31/05/2013 by inLovebyAnne (1 review written)

I have been a seamstress for over 40 years and this was my first Husqvarna sewing machine purchase. I design and sew handbags and I was assured that it would stand up to heavy sewing. When you use heavier fabrics, the machine starts knocking or when you have sewn with it over a couple of hours it starts knocking. If you use many layers, the machine posts a sign that says the foot is too high and even dropping the plate doesn't make it work. I've had it for 6 weeks and its already been in… Read Full Review

“What a colossal pile of tripe”

Written on: 06/05/2013

Absolutely abhorrent. The Designer I USB cannot even correctly update operating versions based on their own instructions. You are a complete fool if you spend your cash on this piece of trash. Level of skill: Computer Expert. Recommendation based on technical merit of device: Avoid at all costs… Read Full Review

“Best There Is”

Written on: 16/04/2013

I've been sewing garments of all types for my family for over 55 years! During that time I have bought the "top of the line" sewing machines as follows: 1. White, 2. Kenmore, 3. Pfaff, 4. Pfaff, 5. Bernina, 6. Viking Sapphire 830 which I traded up for the 7. Viking Designer SE which I still have and adore, and last but not least I recently added a 8. Viking Sapphire 875 to use for everything but embroidery. Yes, my Sapphire 875 was made in China, and all I can say is: "Thank you, China!!!… Read Full Review

“STAY AWAY FROM HUSQVARNA”

Written on: 23/11/2012 by emi3491 (1 review written)

I spent about 20,000.$ in the last few years with Husqvarna products, a # 1 that was a real lemon, designer 1 that was almost as worst, it cost me at least 1000.$ in repair and cleaning and calibrating ( their excuses for the machine not working properly) and got ruined last year by a dealer trying to upgrade it to a usb port instead of the floppy, now a Ruby, all of them equipped with the embroidery machine and the software of course, and numerous accessories and hoops. If you wonder why I… Read Full Review

Impsomewhat's Response to emi3491's Review

Written on: 14/10/2013

I don't where geographically you are but I am having the same problems in the UK - thankfully the 'sewing machine' still sews but the embroidery software and hardware support has been atrocious - my latest letter is to Sweden as i too have spent far too much money to give up without a fight.
When I finally give and replace it won't be a Husqvarna...I just hope someone in Sweden (or China where most of them are made these days) is listening!

“Cannot Sew”

Written on: 07/10/2012 by CharlieRussell (1 review written)

While I admit I am no seamstress, I have had two very excellent people come to my home to help me with different projects. My Viking is the Group 6 Platinum, Interlude, Rose Model and none of us has been able to make the machine sew properly. Each time it is used, it is a real problem. Wish I had one that would simply sew in a straight line, maybe zigzag, etc. like my old Pfaff did. The only thing I like is that, on first glance, folks are impressed… Read Full Review

“they don't support their software”

Written on: 15/09/2012 by vikingowner (1 review written)

I paid $4000.00 for my embroidery machine and the software that is required to get designs to the machine. Now that windows 7 is out Husqvarna won't support the software that I already bought for around 1300.00. I have to buy new software if I want that option. They said they only write software for the operations systems that are out at that time.. Well you know how fast operating system change!!! Buy your software today and tomorrow it may be obsolete and their answer is give us more of… Read Full Review

“$1500.00 paperweight”

Written on: 17/03/2012

I thought my first machine was a lemon. Apparently all these machines are. Since the first one was a used, one year old machine, I thought that was the reason it sucked. I thought this new one was safe, and would be a good machine. I bought this new one against my husbands approval. I thought he was being unreasonable. I have had it over a year and have not had much of a chance to use it and the first time i get a project that uses slightly heavier material it seizes up. As per usual my… Read Full Review

“Nothing but trouble. I would not recommend this to anyone.”

Written on: 13/03/2011

Nothing but trouble. I would not recommend this to anyone… Read Full Review

Charlierussell's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2013

AMEN! Worst nightmare is to buy one of these.

Kittychow's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2013

Bought an Opal 670 on Oct 23, 2013. Opened the box started sewing and it sounded like a Mack Truck changing gears. Took it back and it was replaced with another new Opal 670.

Brought it home and the cutter don't work, top thread bird nests on top of the bobbin and also sounds like a Mack Truck changing gears.

It was taken to a Viking repair shop and the comment to me was that these machines are not the best.

Viking sewing machines are now made in China. Poor quality. I will stay with my 12 year old Kenmore of which it has never had to be repaired and runs circles around the Viking.

Charlierussell's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2013

Since mine was bought as a gift, I couldn't do much about it. It was quite expensive and was purchased at JoAnn's. It's too bad that the word isn't out on this junk.

“I have just had my Husquvarna sewing machine seviced...”

Written on: 14/12/2010

I have just had my Husquvarna sewing machine seviced after nearly 40 years of use, it has been very reliable and was told it would be good for another 30 years at least. Not sure if a new one would be as good, will be leaving it to my daughter in my will! Thanks… Read Full Review

Suestark's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2012

I have had my Husqvarna Computer 500 machine for many, many years and have used it constantly! The computer is just worn out now and is quite expensive to replace, so I have decided to purchase a used Viking Rose machine and have not heard anything bad about it. Hopefully, it will last 30 years more as well!

Emi3491's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2012

Keep good care of it, they only made one like yours

Emi3491's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2012

Keep it, they just made one like this!

☆☆☆☆☆

“”

Written on: 21/02/2009 by Marged (1 review written)

“This Husqvarna Viking sewing machine does smoothly...”

Written on: 09/02/2009 by Olivier67 (1 review written)

This Husqvarna Viking sewing machine does smoothly everything it said it would do. I think it's a step below the Bernina (My mom has a Bernina), but, because it never broke down, missed a stitch or failed a function, I would say it is definitely the next best thing, for a much more affordable price.
I have sewn curtains with 6 thick layers on top of each other, I have sewn leather (5 different layers), I have done decorative stitching, speciality stitching, weird stitching, and this machine has… Read Full Review

“I have always wanted a Husquarna as I considered this...”

Written on: 07/01/2009 by sibyllabob (1 review written)

I have always wanted a Husquarna as I considered this sewing machine to be one of the top. I was excited when I got the machine home and could'nt wait to get started. I read the manuals from cover to cover and began just trying out different stitches. My main issues are with the lack of space underneath the needle arm, it is really difficult to thread up, it feels clumbsy and I don't have big hands, perhaps they have extra small hands in Sweden. I'm not overerly impressed with the stitching, I… Read Full Review

“Like all sewing and embroidery machine it's heavy. I...”

Written on: 03/01/2008 by jdbjdj6 (1 review written)

Like all sewing and embroidery machine it's heavy. I have great support,and I love my S E L E… Read Full Review

“This machine cost a lot when I bought it, but it has...”

Written on: 12/03/2007 by busybee (1 review written)

This machine cost a lot when I bought it, but it has certainly been worth what I paid for it… Read Full Review