Holland & Barrett Reviews

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 15/06/2014

I have used Holland and Barrett several times over the past 2 years and have found that the staff really need to improve their people skills. The two stores I have used are at Cribbs Causeway Bristol and Yate. The staff appear unfriendly, uncommunicative, unsmiling and disinterested.Perhaps H&B need to train their staff to be more people friendly… Read Full Review

“Nasty lady in Richmond Upon Thames Holland & Barrett”

Written on: 16/05/2014 by Christina101 (1 review written)

I've been a regular in Richmond Upon Thames Holland & Barrett up until now. I went in and had a hassle with the shopping baskets. Stupid shopping baskets were stuck together pretty firmly. I really don't understand why they insist on doing that. Needless to say after much struggle I got the shopping baskets separated. The one wound up on the floor making a noise. I was greeted with a frosty glare from this 'new' sales assistant. When it came to paying I got asked 'Are you finally finished… Read Full Review

“Delays to pay and rubbish reward card”

Written on: 26/10/2013 by AltheManUK (2 reviews written)

Most of the time it takes ages to pay. The software on the tills they use seems very slow and cumbersome. Often, the person taking the money is also trying to push the crappy Holland and Barrett Reward Card, causing more delays if a customer agrees to be signed-up for one. I've had the Reward Card for ages and have never cashed in any points. It seems overly complicated. I have to remember to print-out a reward voucher I think, and take it into the shop? Never really sure what I'm… Read Full Review

Rapidecho's Response to AltheManUK's Review

Written on: 05/11/2013

You need to wake up ./ Every company has a different scheme and just because you are unhappy doesn't means others aren't, they are for sure monitoring it.. Staff in most of the shops has to offer reward cards and unfortunately as most of the things are moving on-line ... who will be updating tills ? seriously .. I am sure you are one of those who shop on-line as well

You don't have to print the voucher if you have a smart phone just open your email and show it to them it will scan it or they just type it in. ...again all companies do data mining

If I start complaining about shop stuff I can go Asda to Harrods
I love comments like that completely useless !!
Lets just replace everyone with machines ... hope you you have a better luck with that

Althemanuk's reply to Rapidecho's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2013

If they are monitoring it, then they need to change it. Clearly, H&B are monitoring comments like mine - hence your response.

Stop defending a crappy shop practice and a crappy reward card - instead change it!

I've put my H&B reward card where it belongs . . . . in the bin!

“Overcharged”

Written on: 15/03/2013

My order arrived quite promptly but I was overcharged. I emailed the customer service twice, once on the email address stated on the online receipt and another through their website. Both were unsuccessful. It is not fair to have to pay for calls just to request for a refund when it is not the customer's mistake. I will from now on not to oerder online from the company… Read Full Review

“Pushy and disrespectful.”

Written on: 26/01/2013 by ShopperABC123 (1 review written)

Keep trying to force their reward card onto me then laugh derisively when I keep refusing it. … Read Full Review

Anon000's Response to ShopperABC123's Review

Written on: 05/03/2013

I work at a Holland and Barrett's store and I agree that the rewards card scheme is pushy. We are told by management that we must ask every customer including regulars who we know full well don't have and don't want a card. Mostly done out of fear that a mystery shopper is in the store or that an area manager might turn up unannounced. It's a shame as it's causing the company to lose customers, and it's just embarrassing for us staff who have to keep asking (although if I know the customer doesn't want one I wont ask unless the manager is around).

“Delivery too late”

Written on: 08/01/2013 by anonymous2824 (1 review written)

Great products, advertised as 48hr delivery, it took 7 days. Not going to order online again, quicker to take the hassle to go to town and get them from the shop… Read Full Review

“Do not buy online”

Written on: 04/05/2012

I ordered several items from here which took 2 and a half weeks to arrive and I'm still awaiting the rest of my order. I have NEVER had to wait this long for an order unless explicitly told otherwise. The website gives absolutely no information regarding shipping other than to state that orders are supposedly dispatched within 48 hours (I highly doubt this). You cannot even view the order on your account. Having sent customer service an email informing them of a lack of delivery, they promised… Read Full Review