Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware Reviews

• Appearance

Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware

Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware

“I ,ve had a matched pair for 40 years. only ever...”

Written on: 27/07/2010

I ,ve had a matched pair for 40 years. only ever needed routine maintance & i was suprised to read in other reviews about supposedly poor quality of metal in the keys. I never had any problems.the seem to be quite robust with both my self & my 2 sons lerning on them and taking them to & fro schools & colleges. Thumb rest could be improved. certainly good value for the cost… Read Full Review

Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware

“Boosey and Hawkes Edgware clarinets. ”

Written on: 01/02/2010

Boosey and Hawkes Edgware clarinets.

Priced well below where they perform, an excellent choice for student or advanced student on a budget. More agressive tone than the equivalent Buffet but not worse, just different. Tuning also in league with Buffet E series....assuming both are properly set up.

OK that's the good news. The bad news is the keywork. It seems that they used more than one type of metal and if you are unlucky you will have the brittle cast keys with lousy plating, Worse… Read Full Review

Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware

“I've had my Boosey & Hawkes for 30 years now, and its...”

Written on: 18/09/2009

I've had my Boosey & Hawkes for 30 years now, and its never let me down. Just been repadded - again! While others come & go, its outlasted them all, and still no major wear on the keys, and i use this a lot as I teach!!… Read Full Review

Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware

“I have owned three of them and while they are not a...”

Written on: 10/07/2009 by pccpr (1 review written)

I have owned three of them and while they are not a pro horn in either tuning or tone they do respond nicely with "clean" powerful tone and reasonable tuning.
Boosey & Hawkes Edgewares are better suited to band or Jazz than chamber music.

The worst feature is the poor quality keys and plating. (both nickel and silver). The keys are brittle....so don't even try to bend them unless you absolutely have to.

Also note they had several series...some wood some rubber. … Read Full Review

Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware

“Good clarinet for beginner. Tonality is poor in lowest...”

Written on: 18/11/2008

Good clarinet for beginner. Tonality is poor in lowest register. Not great for more serious players… Read Full Review

Boosey & Hawkes Edgeware

“It's a great clarinet for beginners, and I really...”

Written on: 10/03/2007 by waybackintolove (1 review written)

It's a great clarinet for beginners, and I really enjoyed playing it. I can't really compare it to other clarinets, because I haven't really played many and I've been playing it for six years so any other clarinet would feel a bit strange to me… Read Full Review

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib