The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

369

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Don't choose The AA till you have read this”

Written on: 12/01/2017 by Olive412 (1 review written)

I am very disappointed with the service of The AA Driving School. We ordered an initial series of 5 lessons for our daughter. Whggen we booked the first lesson we were informed that the first appointment had to be a two hour session. After that she could book the rest of her lessons on single hour basis. The driver -after the first lesson - told her that he would only book double lessons because he needed to drive to a suitable area. Our own village is used by several other driving schools… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/01/2017

Hello, this is something that we would like to address for you. If you haven't raised your dissatisfaction with our customer services team already, please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we'll be happy to pick this up and contact you to discuss this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Pous's Comment

Written on: 14/01/2017

We have already been in contact with your service team. They told us my daughter had to stick with her double lesson or loos her money. She had her double lesson yesterday with the driver who refused to listen to her in the first place. Apparently he has now changed his mind which he refused to do first, but only for furture bookings. I'm still waiting for the service team to come back to me with an alternative drivers which they promised me two days ago. We would of course not continue with the initial driver who we have lost all confidence in. Unless you have the intention to refund us for all the lessons we have been forced to accept and for the complete farce we have ended up in I see no reason for further contact with your company.

“Passed first time with only 1 minor!”

Written on: 06/01/2017 by 30North (1 review written)

My instructor was fanstastic, he was never late and very flexible with scheduling more lessons in the run up to my test. I found the AA book helpful as it gave me all the show me tell me questions so I could learn them easily, also helped me keep track of my progress which was good. I am completely satisfied with my experience of my instructor and the AA and will be completing my pass plus! Would recommend the AA to anyone… Read Full Review

“Experience with AA Driving School”

Written on: 05/01/2017 by charlebrew (1 review written)

Had a fantastic instructor and was able to pass my test on the first attempt. I found it very easy to track my progress and know what to work on due to the log book i was given. I would highly recommend this driving school… Read Full Review

“My AA driving school experience ”

Written on: 05/01/2017 by angelar95 (1 review written)

I spent a while looking for the right driving school and my friend recommended her instructor with the AA. I've had nothing but a positive experience from day 1 with them, my instructor is very calm,friendly and never makes you feel incapable, always efficient and plans lessons way in advance when possible for us both. I enjoy every lesson and coming up to my practice I feel positive! I would highly recommend to anyone!… Read Full Review

“It's about the instructor, not the company”

Written on: 05/01/2017 by Spencerrk277 (1 review written)

I have had 3 instructors (2 AA and an independent) and the second AA one is by far the best I have had. People tend to generalise AA instructors as time wasters, which I found my first AA one was (forced to have 2 hour lessons for which the majority was spent by the side of the road and he had no availability), while my current instructor lets me drive for the whole lesson and I tend to get longer than an hour (picked up early, dropped off late) and has very good availability, especially at… Read Full Review

“Failed to arrive on first lesson”

Written on: 30/12/2016 by Peck66 (1 review written)

Instructor didn't turn up for my son's 1st lesson. When I phoned the AA, they said it was a mistake with their website. Even though the transaction went through, had confirmed appointment time, etc. Poor customer service. Blamed the website and said it had nothing to do with them (AA). How can that be? Trying to push away any responsibility by blaming their website and stating their website has nothing to do with them was enough for me to not take them seriously and go elsewhere. I shall not be… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/01/2017

We'd really like to look in to this. Please get in touch via our web site 'contact us' page so that we can investigate what the problem was with our web site and also address your complaint. Thank you

“Worst experience., rude...”

Written on: 10/12/2016 by Nathanielx1950 (1 review written)

The aa driving school is the worst kind of driving school I ever met. Firstly they sent a instructor who shows up and says he is not from the area so doesnt know where to take me to drive. Secondly since I new learner so its quite obvious I will make mistake . But then he uses abusive languages like 'why are you leaning like a dog' etc. Also the day before the lesson my son had an emergency in the night and had to take to the hospital . I had a esson in the morning. I texted the Instructor… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/12/2016

Hello, we're very sorry to learn of your experience and do hope that your Son is ok. Our terms and conditions of cancellation is 48 hours notice, however we understand that sometimes this may not always be possible. If there is anything further you'd like us to address please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we'll be happy to discuss this. Kind regards

“rude instructor, hungry for money,terrible experince ”

Written on: 09/12/2016 by LeilaFlood (1 review written)

I was thinking that AA might be a good proffesional company, unfortunately I was completly wrong after I started lessons ,lealized.The instructor was an Indian middle age man and with a cave mn attitude, as I am a learner you should expect mistakes a lot of mistakes but you would not expect someone to shout you and make you feel idt. I was trying to ignore and respect him as a teacher but my patiance came to an end let him shut up and stop my lessons.only you would expect your close ones can… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/12/2016

This is concerning and we're sorry to hear you are no longer learning with us. We have a dedicated customer support team that are available for pupils should they have any problems or issues, we do hope that you raised this with them so that they could investigate this and offer an alternative.

“terrible instructor!”

Written on: 24/11/2016 by Ancaaa (1 review written)

I really hope that on this company it depends on what instructor you get. If you know someone who works for AA and is really good, go on. If not, like I did, do not call them and get whoever is free to take you! Waste of money, rude instructor and for 20 hours of lessons I've been teached how to start the car and stop it. Seriously? They only care about money and make you feel like you are not able to drive so you will get more lessons. After I changed the instructor to a private one, in 10… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Ancaaa's Review

Written on: 26/11/2016

We're sorry to learn you were unhappy with your instructor and do hope that you raised your dissatisfaction with our customer service team at the time so they could've investigated this for you.

“Don't do it with AA.”

Written on: 16/11/2016 by Julianneo395 (1 review written)

Been doing my lessons for nearly 9 months and it's got to the point where it's verging on being ridiculous. Should've changed my instructor a month into training. He doesn't fill me with confidence, talks a lot to the point where he distracts me at crucial points then shouts/grabs the wheel/ etc when I've made a mistake. There are certain things I've had to be taunt by my aunt purely because he didn't teach me. The marking progress sheet was last used 5 months ago! There's no set plan for what… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/11/2016

Hi, your comments are concerning and we would like to discuss this with you. Have you been in contact with our customer services team so that they can address this? If you haven't please get in touch with us directly via our website, we'll be happy to help. Look forward to hearing from you

“Rude and only interested in money! AVOID!!!”

Written on: 16/11/2016 by 96McCormack (1 review written)

The instructor was rude and inflexible. Backed out for my second time doing the test just because I didn't book more lessons with him even though he knew I did not need any more lessons. They do not care about efficient teaching and just want to take your money and waste hours. very angry as my test is next week so it's going to be hard finding someone else. Will leave a negative review wherever I can… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/11/2016

Hi, we'd like to address this. If you haven't spoken with the customer services team already please get in touch with us directly via our website so that we can help. Thank you

“Great school”

Written on: 26/10/2016 by sasaby (1 review written)

I took my lessons with a guy In Bolton. He was very helpful and yesterday I passed, first attempt, with only 3 minors. I am pleased by the professionalism and the overall service I got from both the person I dealt with and the AA, in general. My money and time were definitely not wasted and would recommend AA to everyone I know… Read Full Review

“AVOID!!!”

Written on: 17/10/2016 by Thomsonxv1949 (1 review written)

Disgusting instructor. He was more interested in my personal life, when im there to learn how to drive he would sit there and ask if i had a british passport, why i was working such long hours for,if my parents were strict or not, his ginger pervert do not take any lessons with him… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/10/2016

We're eager to address this and hope that you have raised your concerns with our customer services team so that they can investigate this. If not, please get in touch via our web site so we can help. Thank you

“Perverted fehmi talking about gay lesbians etc”

Written on: 06/10/2016

My old driving instructor fehmi used to waste my time talking about gay and lesbians he wouldnt start the lesson till i responded to his petty gay people talk he used to play games in the lessons and didnt concentrate on my driving all throughout I was very discouraged by him he used to put me down Finally I got guts to quit his lessons and complained to AA but they said they are only mediators and didnt get fehmi to give me enough free lessons my next driving instructor was better than… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2016

Hello, we are sorry to hear you're unhappy and do hope that you have contacted us to address your dissatisfaction. If not, please get in touch via our website at your earliest convenience. Kind Regards, the AA.

“Perverted fehmi talking about gay lesbians etc”

“Good teaching ”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by AlijahPennington (1 review written)

The instructor is well at explaining clearly on what to do and not to do and I'm quite happy with the service!… Read Full Review

“HORRIBLE SCHOOL”

Written on: 11/09/2016 by 223Hoffman (1 review written)

Just letting you know that my experience with you have been negative and would advise you to book with a local company, don't be fooled by the big name.! do not book and save your money! Instructor cancelled or changed the time of lessons at the last minute and I could not re book it in the same week. I regret it and felt it held me back so much. I will be leaving negative reviews wherever I can… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/09/2016

Hi, we're sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction and hope that you have raised this with the customer services team at the time. If there's anything further you'd like us to address please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page. We'll be happy to help.

“Rude call centre ”

Written on: 09/09/2016 by Fun_silky (1 review written)

If you can find a local alternative to AA then do so. It took my daughter over 30 minutes by phone to book ONE lesson and the operator was condescending throughout. How many times do you have to say I can't do 8-4 to then keep being offered lessons in that window. And alot of heavy sighing. Rubbish customer service and you only get a discount on first ten lessons booked if you are an AA member. No option to extend the package or book more lessons and be valid for the discount. Would urge new… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Fun_silky's Review

Written on: 04/10/2016

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience talking to our advisors. If you would like us to address this further for you, please get in touch using the 'Contact Us' page on our website.

Kind regards,
The AA UK

“Touchy instructor”

Written on: 03/09/2016 by Egan134 (1 review written)

Had the most weirdest instructor who kept saying perverted stuff and was touching leg everytime I need to break or did something wrong. He would drive far away park up and say inappropriate stuff. AVOID!! Think it's time aa starts keeping an eye on your instructors. … Read Full Review

Written on: 05/09/2016

This is concerning, we hope that you have raised this with our customer services team to investigate. If you haven't please get in contact with us via our web site 'contact us' page we would really like to help address this. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards

Anashah's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2016

I also had a perverted instructor from AA called Fehmi I complained about him but he wasted my time

“Let down at the last minute”

Written on: 19/08/2016 by Weberpi335 (1 review written)

I would not recommend the AA driving school. Instructor 'retired' three weeks before my son's test with a few days notice having been paid hundreds of pounds from us over the prior 3 months. The AA cannot find another instructor for his test and with the late notice we cannot find another instructor in the timescale. It looks like we will now have to cancel his test. Terrible and thoughtless to young drivers… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/08/2016

Hi Weberpi335,

We're sorry to hear this and we'd like to look into this further for you. Please get in touch using the 'Contact Us' page on our website so we can help.

Kind regards,
The AA UK

Reviewcentre99's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2016

Both my son and I have contacted your driving school via telephone who were quite unhelpful and disinterested and your manager will not speak to us at all - always on another call. So an online form is better - I am not convinced at all!

Written on: 23/08/2016

We'd like to help, please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page so that we can address this for you. Kind Regards