The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

354

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Good teaching ”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by AlijahPennington (1 review written)

The instructor is well at explaining clearly on what to do and not to do and I'm quite happy with the service!… Read Full Review

“HORRIBLE SCHOOL”

Written on: 11/09/2016 by 223Hoffman (1 review written)

Just letting you know that my experience with you have been negative and would advise you to book with a local company, don't be fooled by the big name.! do not book and save your money! Instructor cancelled or changed the time of lessons at the last minute and I could not re book it in the same week. I regret it and felt it held me back so much. I will be leaving negative reviews wherever I can… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/09/2016

Hi, we're sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction and hope that you have raised this with the customer services team at the time. If there's anything further you'd like us to address please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page. We'll be happy to help.

“Rude call centre ”

Written on: 09/09/2016 by Fun_silky (1 review written)

If you can find a local alternative to AA then do so. It took my daughter over 30 minutes by phone to book ONE lesson and the operator was condescending throughout. How many times do you have to say I can't do 8-4 to then keep being offered lessons in that window. And alot of heavy sighing. Rubbish customer service and you only get a discount on first ten lessons booked if you are an AA member. No option to extend the package or book more lessons and be valid for the discount. Would urge new… Read Full Review

“Touchy instructor”

Written on: 03/09/2016 by Egan134 (1 review written)

Had the most weirdest instructor who kept saying perverted stuff and was touching leg everytime I need to break or did something wrong. He would drive far away park up and say inappropriate stuff. AVOID!! Think it's time aa starts keeping an eye on your instructors. … Read Full Review

Written on: 05/09/2016

This is concerning, we hope that you have raised this with our customer services team to investigate. If you haven't please get in contact with us via our web site 'contact us' page we would really like to help address this. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards

“Let down at the last minute”

Written on: 19/08/2016 by Weberpi335 (1 review written)

I would not recommend the AA driving school. Instructor 'retired' three weeks before my son's test with a few days notice having been paid hundreds of pounds from us over the prior 3 months. The AA cannot find another instructor for his test and with the late notice we cannot find another instructor in the timescale. It looks like we will now have to cancel his test. Terrible and thoughtless to young drivers… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/08/2016

Hi Weberpi335,

We're sorry to hear this and we'd like to look into this further for you. Please get in touch using the 'Contact Us' page on our website so we can help.

Kind regards,
The AA UK

Reviewcentre99's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2016

Both my son and I have contacted your driving school via telephone who were quite unhelpful and disinterested and your manager will not speak to us at all - always on another call. So an online form is better - I am not convinced at all!

Written on: 23/08/2016

We'd like to help, please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page so that we can address this for you. Kind Regards

“Best Learner Instructor in north London”

Written on: 09/08/2016 by Roberts460 (1 review written)

Had my lessons with Morte Safari in the Wood green area. Definitely try book him if you're planning on taking your test in North London. Made me feel relaxed but gave solid advice and helped me pass my test first time!… Read Full Review

“Betrayed, backstabbed and let down.”

Written on: 01/08/2016

The title sums up my experience with The AA Driving school. After I booked 40 hours with The AA, when the time has come for me to take the practical test (in August), I was let down by the instructor, telling me he can't do it. I was left without a car days before the day I was supposed to take the practical test and I had to pay a £62 fee to cancel the booking. I had to book again, and now the new date it's late November. I already advised all my friends who were looking for an instructor to… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/08/2016

This is concerning, if you haven't already raised this with our customer service team please get in touch with us via our website 'contact us' page. We'd really like to help. Thank you

Comiuk's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2016

I called the customer service team and all I got was an apology for the inconvenience created and an advice to try other driving schools or to use my own car.

Written on: 09/08/2016

Thanks for letting us know you've been in touch already. We're sorry you remain unhappy. If there is anything further you'd like us to address, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

“charge by the hour but all lessons are TWO (no refund)”

Written on: 18/07/2016 by M513 (1 review written)

I booked 5 hours with this driving school to refresh my driving and at no point was advised that the first lesson is always 2 hours, in the confirmation e-mail received and in the text message only the date and start time was confirmed. When in the car the instructor wasted time arguing over how long the lesson was whilst I calmly explained I only had an hour for lunch as I work full time, and then drove over 15 minutes to a 'quieter spot' meaning I only got 15 minutes behind the wheel. He… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to M513's Review

Written on: 27/07/2016

Hi, when purchasing a package online, you can only book the first lesson online which is 2 hours, it also states in the order summary before payment that the first lesson is 2 hours and shows the time slot selected. We're glad you have been able to speak to our customer services team about this and are sorry you remain unhappy with the outcome.

“Waste of time ”

Written on: 13/07/2016 by River429 (1 review written)

Booked a 10 hour package, with the AA based in Peterborough the instructor was very late replying to text msgs maybe takes 5 days after you've sent a text Apon the first day off lessons I got a text 1 hour before it was ment to start saying he has had to cancel this lesson... So I had to wait another week due to work for my first lesson What a waste of time that was... Spend two hours just going up a road and stop starting and turning back even tho I've had 20 hours driving lessons and… Read Full Review

“Terrible”

Written on: 12/07/2016 by Likee (1 review written)

AA is the wrong choice. I will never recommendeded AA because they only asked for money and they don't teach you they only asked for money that the most important things to them… Read Full Review

“Fantastic service ”

Written on: 04/06/2016

AA was fantastic I had the best experience and couldn't of asked for a better instructor he was calm, polite and helped me with anything I was struggling with I passed within less than 5 months and I couldn't of done it without all the support and help and positive encouragement I received will deffently recommend to others… Read Full Review

Ricky0609's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2016

AA are the worst driving school I have used they are money grabbing rip off I would not recommend this company to anybody I have took 20 lesson with the AA booked my test with my instructor and because I missed one lesson I'm not ready for my test ya right money rip off big time don't use them

Written on: 15/06/2016

Hi, we hope that you have raised your dissatisfaction with our customer service team so that they can help. Feel free to contact our team via our website 'contact us' page if we can help address this for you. Kind Regards

“I love AA”

Written on: 21/05/2016 by Mation (1 review written)

Very professional. Value for money. If you want to pass I recommend them 100%. I passed first time. My instructor was brilliant. Thank you AA… Read Full Review

“Waste of Money & Time”

Written on: 17/05/2016 by trendz (1 review written)

I have been having lessons for 10 months now. I failed my test by one serious. My instructor has given me zero confidence, he doesn't communicate with me, and he is rude. Plus I feel like I am not progressing as much as I should for my money's worth… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to trendz's Review

Written on: 19/05/2016

Hi, we're sorry to hear you failed your test and about the problems you are experiencing with your instructor. We hope that you have raised this with them directly or spoken to our customer services team about your concerns. If we can help with anything please feel free to get in touch via our website 'contact us' page. Thank you

Poonanny's Response to trendz's Review

Written on: 10/06/2016

Good review trendz, hate rudeness

Poonanny's Response to trendz's Review

Written on: 10/06/2016

Good review trendz, hate rudeness

“waste of money ”

Written on: 12/05/2016 by pineapple59 (1 review written)

Sub standard tuition. Poor customer service. They have let my son down and do not provide value for money. the person I dealt with has had 25 lessons during which not all manoeuvres were covered and then he was dumped by his instructor with no notice when he retired. Attempts to discuss this have been met with a dismissive and frankly insulting response by the AA driving school. My sons confidence in his ability to drive is now at rock bottom and we are out of pocket by approx £700 pounds… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to pineapple59's Review

Written on: 16/05/2016

We're extremely sorry to learn you remain unhappy with the outcome of your complaint. If there is anything further you'd like for us to address please don't hesitate to contact us via our website 'contact us' page. Thank you

“Very bad poor organisation with very very poor services”

Written on: 11/05/2016 by KhanSheffield (1 review written)

My dad booked a first two hour lesson with AA with a confidence that AA is a best organisation and paid £50/ in advance and sent me message that instructor will contact me before the lesson date. Instructor didn't contact me. I took day off from my job. Lesson was at 11:00 am and I got the message at 10:00 from instructor that all of sudden he knows he got infection so he cannot come today. What a level of service!!!!! Excellent!!!!! Taking money from people account just for this kind of… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to KhanSheffield's Review

Written on: 16/05/2016

We're sorry to hear this and hope that you were able to rearrange another lesson with the instructor. If we can help any further please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page. Thank you

“UNPROFESSIONAL ”

Written on: 25/04/2016 by Barrydg371 (1 review written)

Paid for my automatic lessons and the idiots bring me a manual car!!!... WHAT COMPANY DOES THAT?? and now the staff has the audacity to tell me she has to listen to the recorded tapes. ARE YOU CRAZY?? SHE CANT EVEN FIND ME AN INSTRUCTOR IN MY AREA RIGHT NOW. SO I LEFT WORK EARLY FOR NO FUVKING REASON!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/04/2016

Sorry to hear about the error, we hope our customer services team have managed to rectify this. If we can help at all please feel free to contact us via our website 'contact us' page. Thanks

“Unbelievable ”

Written on: 04/04/2016 by 268Alexander (1 review written)

Joined with the AA after being with multiple other companies thinking that the AA would be a respectable reliable company. Turns out I was wrong. All was fine until the instructor that I had cancelled all future lessons without informing me and then left the country. Was not even contacted by the instructor or the AA to be informed what was happening. As a result I have been passed on to a new driving instructor having to start again from the beginning and my test is in two weeks. Completely… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2016

This is concerning and we hope that you have contacted our customer service team to address this. If not please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page we'll be happy to investigate this. Thank you

“Worst instructor ever! ”

Written on: 26/03/2016

I had the worst instructor experience with AA, My first lesson was on Monday with an Algerian older man who was very shouty and aggressive even for the the first lesson however I though that this might get better over time so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and did another lesson with him on Friday which was the worst experience ever as he kept shouting at me, wasn't patient with me which confused me to do the wrong things. I couldn't go on with the lesson as he kept telling me to do… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/03/2016

Hello, we're very sorry to learn of your experience would like the opportunity to address this. If you haven't already spoken to someone regarding this, please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page we would be happy to help. Thank you

“Destroys your confidence ”

Written on: 17/03/2016 by Mira335 (1 review written)

I went with the AA After being recommended by a friend, I had a female instructor who seemed very nice at first, we had a chat and I was comfortable with her but after about 20 hours with her she started telling me that I was no where near ready and that I'd need another 10 hours so j was happy to do so, so after 30 hours she then says to me that I needed double the lessons! I was shocked because I knew I could drive and I did not need any more than at least 15 hours! I carried on with her and… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/03/2016

We're very sorry to learn of your experience and do hope that you raised this at the time with our customer service team to address. If you haven't please feel free to contact us via our website 'contact us' page we'd be happy to look in to this and feed it back to the instructor. Thank you

“Thank You”

Written on: 10/02/2016 by Olsonho191 (1 review written)

Would like to say a big thank you to Linden for all the time and patience he gave to our son. Our son passed his test today, and I believe that was all down to the good teaching he had. The reason I have only given two stars is due to the lack of support that was given to us by the AA and had nothing to do with the level of teaching.Thank you again Linden… Read Full Review