Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX Reviews

• Reliability

Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX

Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX

“The Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX is really the ultimate...”

Written on: 18/06/2009 by joespen (1 review written)

The Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX is really the ultimate familiy car. It bringes equal attention to both driver and passengers in terms of space and seat comfort. It`s very easy to communicate with the kids in the back, lovely seats for all, kids will never get car-sick due to splendid overview, and they love the...strange looks of the Multi. It is even quite a good drive!
We`ve had it for 3 years and 60.000km. with a minimum of problems.
I am not able to find antoher car with the same… Read Full Review

“The Fiat Multipla ELX has originality in looks, great...”

Written on: 22/01/2009 by brogueboys (2 reviews written)

The Fiat Multipla ELX has originality in looks, great space, people notice you, you stand out from the crowd, which is one of the reasons why i'm a skinhead. I love the Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX "ugly frog mobile", the nose job version is bland bland and more bland… Read Full Review

“The good points of the Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX are that...”

Written on: 20/12/2007

The good points of the Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX are that it is light and airy, and there is plenty of space. However there is wind noise at speed, the trim can get a bit noisy and I feel the engine is a bit weak. It is a good car, but I feel it needs more power… Read Full Review

“It's a fantastic family car, with all the advantages...”

Written on: 09/03/2007 by Fionaks (1 review written)

It's a fantastic family car, with all the advantages of a travelling picnic area! We bought ours 5 years ago, and we are now looking for a replacement car, but we are struggling to find an alternative to the Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX. Ours is the original version with the quirky nose. We prefer that style to the newer streamlined version (if a Multipla can be called streamlined).

The versatility of the car is unbelievable. The rear seats can be fixed in two positions, approximately 20cm… Read Full Review

“Reliabilty ”

Written on: 27/06/2005 by davidfeldman (1 review written)

Reliabilty
The Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX People Carrier is very good but avoid Fiat main dealers as on the whole they are terrible… Read Full Review

214636_W825Tkx's Response to 199408_davidfeldman's Review

Written on: 22/10/2005

The wipers leave the far left passenger looking through an unwiped part of the sceen. If there were wipers that cleared both sides this would be far better.

“Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX People Carrier Review:”

Written on: 10/02/2005 by Peter Andersen (2 reviews written)

Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX People Carrier Review:
My wife and I had no doubts when we saw the Multipla 5 years ago. And the testdrive convinced us imidiatly. It is sad that Fiat has found it necessary to fit a new bourgeois front.
If you don't have to overtake all the time the engine is ok - even with 6 people on board.
It is easy to get in and out of. You dont have to crawl down and heave yourself up. It is even easy to get in and out of the middle seats.
Sitting high the overview is excellent. But… Read Full Review

218033_Cath5756's Response to Peter Andersen's Review

Written on: 22/11/2005

drive a diesel had it chiped and rolling road tested to 130 bhp great fun to drive helps when pulling caravan.

“Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX ”

Written on: 10/06/2004 by rbj1962 (4 reviews written)

Exterior

It is quite distinctive. I've seen it described as 'bug-eyed', 'ugly', 'weird' 'striking', 'unworldly' and 'aesthetically challenged'. The animals it is likened to include hippos, dolphins and frogs, but by my own personal favourite is 'a psychotic cartoon duck'.

A month into ownership, we still laugh at how ridiculous it looks. Amazingly, my teenage sons seem to have forgiven me for getting it (my eight year-old was enthusiastic from the start, but as he would… Read Full Review

Rbj1962's Response to rbj1962's Review

Written on: 01/04/2005

Ten months further in and I'm still impressed (and I still smile when I see how ricuculous it looks). This is the best car I have ever driven; it has also been very reliable; the only problem getting it through the MOT was the need for a new back box on the exhaust (£92 with fitting). I had tried to replace the standard radio with an old CD unit I had to hand, but found that the angle of the radio mount meant that CDs skipped over bumps - so an after-market CD will need to be able to work at a 45 degree angle. In the end I bought a MiniDisc player which has an anti-shock buffer and never skips under any circumstances. A forum for the owners club is available at:
<br>
<br> http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/multiplaowners/
<br>
<br>which is where everyone documents any problems they have had - but I stress that, on the whole, it is a very good car to own and drive...

280589_Microchippie's Response to rbj1962's Review

Written on: 04/03/2007

Thank you for your informative review. We've just bought a 2000 model and think it's great! Your review even told us what the "lock" button does, something the manual omitted! We think it's rather funky and were "chuffed" to be flashed by another Multipla owner just yesterday. What a friendly community!

“I would advise anyone to buy a Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX....”

Written on: 20/01/2004 by deapdbr (1 review written)

I would advise anyone to buy a Fiat Multipla 1.6 ELX. Excellent value for money. After sales has been excellent. Dealer service has been great. This car has never let me down. Drove to Disney Land Paris and back on a tank and a half of fuel. cant say enough about it.
Compared to other MPVs gotta be the best value car for the price. The car to buy now is around £14,000 but can get better deal if you haggle… Read Full Review