Gems TV Reviews

194
Gems TV - Ask a question now

“Great Customer Service”

Written on: 28/05/2015 by Irishblondie (1 review written)

Had a problem with diamond earrings, had them 10 months, sent them back after a discussion with customer services, delighted back today repaired. Have been buying for over 8 years from Gems and will continue in the knowledge we will be looked after if there is a problem. All the jewellery we have bought has been excellent and great value… Read Full Review

“Poor customer service!”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by taSheehan201 (1 review written)

I have been a customer with Gems TV for about 2 years and have a substantial collection of jewelly fom them within this timescale. The majority of items purchased I am pleased with, though I have bought items, especially earrings, where the stones have fallen out or arrived broken. My main issue is with their customer service; it is appalling. The staff are rude, unhelpful and act like they do not want to retain your business. I also believe that my account has been blocked for returning items… Read Full Review

“They'll CANCEL Your Account If You Ask Too Many Questions”

Written on: 07/02/2015 by Cierra351 (1 review written)

They'll Close Your Account Without Notice If You Return Too Many Items Some final points for your information I was told my account with The Genuine Gemstone Company was closed because I had "too many returns". Apparently, the OVER $5,000 I spent on jewelry in the past 2 years was not enough for them. Then on top of that, I had a credit on my account which they chose not to mention and I had to call them back to find out what happened to it. I was told I could still buy one last item to use… Read Full Review

“Lots of poor quality, sold in bulk. ”

Written on: 05/12/2014 by Deegan493 (1 review written)

Over the last 18 months I have purchased 3 different items, different gems, all of which fell well below expectation to the quality that had been on tv. I returned everything. Customer services called me twice, which is a nice touch to enquire why and if they could help. I politely explained that the items ( AA tanzanite earrings were very pale lilac not the blue that had been on tv) and ( sleeping beauty turquoise single stone pendant was badly marked and looked as if toothpaste had dribbled… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/02/2015

I AGREE WITH ALL YOU HAVE SAID.

ALSO, DON'T BELIEVE THEM WHEN THEY SAY THEY WON'T RAISE PRICES ON ITEMS MADE FROM ROUGH THEY PURCHASE A YEAR AGO. THAT IS AN OUT AND OUT LIE. I JUST SAW MY TANZANITE RING I PURCHASE OVER 2 YEARS AGO (SAME ITEM NUMBER) BEING SOLD FOR $100 MORE.

I definitely agree about the quality of their products. I also understand that they are in the business of selling. So you have to be aware that they will show the best of the lot on the TV. But it is poor business when the best one they show is the only one that has that depth of color. I have purchased many many Tanzanite and Anahi Ametrine items in the last 2-1/2 years and I have had to return many many items. In the beginning their AA Tanzanites could really have been considered AAA. The color was great. Then in this past year, I had to return many AAA that were no where near the AA stones I had purchased earlier. They seem to change their color grading system with the supply they have. I tried to argue with them over one item I purchased which they only graded AA+ yet it was over 1 ct and their policy a year ago was that anything over 1ct would be considered a AAA. Now that isn't true any more. I was furious and kept arguing with them. Now they looked at my account and said they are cancelling my account due to too many returns. Well, so what. You offer 30 day money back returns if I don't like the item. Your hosts even say "buy two or more" and keep the one that looks best to you and return the others. If I did that, that would also mean that I would return more than I bought. I still spent over $5,000 over the last 2 years of purchasing from this channel and I love what I did choose to keep, but I am pretty sure they did not like the way I was making them be up front about their grading system, so they cut ties with me.

Written on: 13/05/2015

You surely have the legal rights under consumer protection laws, of sending back everything if you want to.

Written on: 13/05/2015

I agree with what you have said about Tanzanite. I bought a ring advertised as Sterling Silver with blue stones depicted on the TV channel. When I received it, the stones were very pale lilac, and not really noticeable against the very dull 'silver'.

I have bought quite a few sterling silver rings from them and happy with them all (the ones I have kept, some I did not like I returned and refunded reasonably quickly) and all my sterling silver rings have '925' stamped on them.

The Tanzanite silver ring had no stamp, I told customer services and also about the pale lilac stones. Their response is they don't legally have to stamp unless the item is over so many grams of sterling silver, and the response to the depiction of dark blue stones on the TV channel and my receiving very pale lilac stones was that the ring was 'ungraded'. Unacceptable responses.

Despite that it was within the 30 day return limit customer services said I could return the ring, they might refund it out of goodwill or return it to me!

So, I felt obliged to keep it as I did not want to have to send it back and pay the postage, then find myself receiving the item back again and having to pay postage for that.

The 'silver' is very dull, so I tried to polish, masses of black coming off, used up two silver cleaning cloths and still masses of black on the silver.

So, I have started to doubt that it is real sterling silver and that it might be metal, hence no stamp, as all items of sterling silver I have ever bought off them have 925 at least stamped on (and I have some old items with hall marks).

As to the Tanzanite grading, I do believe it is their own grading system.. They do on about it on TV that it is so rare, if so, why are they always pushing it on TV?

I think the customer services are behaving not according to customers legal rights.

As an illustration of how customers rights should be applied is Amazon who will return and pay for postage both for if: A) item not the colour depicted on web site and B) if an item is dirty or tarnished and C) if you inform their customer services they will apologise.

“very poor customer service and quality dubious”

Written on: 17/10/2014 by Stephensonil377 (1 review written)

Customer service awful and the quality of the jewellery dubious, have bought expensive items no weight colour of stones dull. They closed my account because I sent some items back as the were not up to standard and been with them a long time. Poor ... Not recommended… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer service!”

Written on: 10/10/2014 by AmberKeller (1 review written)

Wanted to purchase a ring I saw on their website on my I pad however my husband wanted to pay for it on his mac, once logged into the website on the mac it said the ring was not available. I called the customer service number to inquire and a very indifferent man told me it must be out of stock very abruptly and in an unhelpful manner, I asked if he could check he did reluctantly and told me it was out of stock and although it was in the basket didn't mean it would go through. I was surprised… Read Full Review

“Tanzanites, Anahi & REFURB Hour”

Written on: 25/09/2014

I was watching a Tanzanite Under 100 pounds Lounge Show and only 5 of the 43 Tanzanite items sold out. 1 was a Bi-color, 2 were Double AAs and 2 were small carat Triple AAAs. There were 5 Manager's items that do not come down under 100 pounds and none of them sold. If you're buying from The Lounge, be aware that what you are purchasing is probably something someone has returned either for size, quality or, in the case of Tanzanite, COLOR. Something else I noticed? I am seeing more and more… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/02/2015

They'll Close Your Account Without Notice If You Return Too Many Items
Some final points for your information

I was told my account with The Genuine Gemstone Company was closed because I had "too many returns". Apparently, the OVER $5,000 I spent on jewelry in the past 2 years was not enough for them. Then on top of that, I had a credit on my account which they chose not to mention and I had to call them back to find out what happened to it. I was told I could still buy one last item to use my credit amount. But how could I get the best price on my last item if I could not go on line any more? I wanted to purchase my last item from The Lounge and on the Lounge it is fastest fingers first. Even if I wanted something, by the time I would call the Help Line it would be gone. So I asked them if they could allow me another 30 days to find and purchase my last item and they ignored me and I never heard back from them with an answer. How unprofessional and very unfriendly customer service after the money I spent on their channel.

It seems very coincidental that this happened just as I was questioning their Tanzanite grading scale on a recent Tanzanite ring I purchased. My ring was graded as AA+ and the stone was over 2 carats. About 1-1/2 years ago, which is about 6 months after they came on air here in the U.S., they were telling the buying public that AA+ would only refer to Tanzanite stones smaller than 1ct even though they had Triple AAA color. Anything larger than that would be considered a Triple AAA grade. I actually received an email from their Help Team where they stated that the son of the CEO, verified that claim. So when I recently purchased my 2ct Tanzanite ring and it was only graded as AA+, I questioned this grade and asked that one of the other gemologists at the company explain why this was not graded a Triple AAA. I even sent them a copy of the email they sent me back in 2013. After waiting for over a week to get an answer from them, I instead found out when I went on line that my account was closed.

I continued to question the grading of my recent Tanzanite purchase and demanded that someone give me an answer. This is what they replied: "I have checked the system and the ring in question is graded as AA+ so it is somewhere between AA and AAA. Most of our tanzanite over 1ct was graded in this way where if it was over 1ct it would be graded as AAA.

This has been changed in the last twelve months and we do not grade our Tanzanite the same way. As we have so many different quality stones available to us we wanted to offer as many different carat weights and graded stones as we could get."

So I questioned them again and asked how many times in a year do you change the way you grade your Tanzanites? You are telling me that you've changed your grading system 3 times over the last 18 months? I said I believe your grading system changes with the supply of stones you have and how they will sell for the most profit. And since you keep changing your grading system, what does that mean for all the people who think they've purchased Triple AAA only to find after appraisal that it's only a Double AA or Double AA+?

They responded with: "Grading a Tanzanite stone is personal opinion and is not a standardised grading system across businesses. We changed the way in which we grade the stones as we were having over 1ct stones that were A, AA and AA+ quality so we changed the way in which we grade these to give a true indication of what they are...."

So why bother having this grading system if you are not going to be consistent within your own company and change the system to suit your purpose? What does that say to the consumer?

I think they should start paying back the appraisal money to the consumers that have paid out to have their items appraised and find out they are not as described. I believe that would stop a lot of these willy nilly grading changes and trying to pull the wool over our eyes. As I had mention one time previously, a Double AA Tanzanite bracelet I purchased about 12 months ago was no where near the Double AA color of the two rings I purchased when RocksTV came on air.

I had also told them that their Tanzanite grading system had nothing to do with the official Tanzanite Foundation grading system. If you really want to know the grade of your Tanzanite, take it to a jeweler right away and find out for sure. And I as I sit here watching another Tanzanite and Diamond show on The Lounge, I see that none of the Double AAs have sold out. They made such a big deal about owning Triple AAA graded stones that no one wants the Double AAs, except for the occasional large carat solitaires. They bit off their own foot.

Another piece of information about Tanzanite. If you look at Gemval they provide charts on the historical value of gemstones. Right now, they are showing a major drop in the value of Tanzanite from a year ago. Something completely different than what TGGC is telling us. So now I'm thinking my investment for the future may be a big bust.

They say I had too many returns. So what. If I were buying items from a local jewelry store, I would be able to see the items up front and personal and see if the items were to my liking or not. I could see if the colors were true or if there were any flaws. I can make my decision right there and know that I was buying a genuine gemstone with the colors and clarity I was looking for.

Buying on line does not give a buyer the opportunity of inspecting their product, to see if there are any flaws, to check for clarity and to make sure the colors are true to the stone and to what the host is stating on the television. The Genuine Gemstone Company, as most other shopping channels, uses various tactics to sell their product. Anywhere from telling you how rare something is, to using a play on words, to using special lighting in studios to make the gems appear darker than they are and double packing their earrings in two bags of plastic and you can't take them out to even look at them. I realize it's a business, but I'm not in the business of paying out my hard earned money on jewelry that does not stand up to their hype on TV. They are always harping on the fact that you can return any item you're not happy with within 30 days and I always have done it within 30 days.

No matter how much I shop or return to any of my local retailers whether it's shoes, clothing or home goods, I would never be told that I'm returning too much. If they did that to everyone, they would have no customers.

Anything I have returned has been more than made up for by just one person buying a $3,000 Tanzanite Lorique ring. My items were usually under the $200 price tag.

On another note, I can't tell you how many times they "lost" items I purchased. Specific pieces I knew I would not be returning. A few of them came back into the gemporia website several weeks later at higher prices. They should have some kind of system in place to contact customers whose purchases have been "lost" and then found.

When RocksTV first started in July of 2012 here in the U.S. I was dumbfounded on how low the prices were. I confess I did buy a lot at first and I also returned many that I found to not be what they were advertising according to my jeweler. So then I was purchasing some items, but if I was not sure, I would cancel the order before Midnight. Then they told me I had to stop canceling. So, I started purchasing and had the orders go through and if I did not like the items, I returned them. Now that I have been only buying one out of 3 or 4 items, I'm not buying enough. It seems I can't win. I'm apparently not buying enough to suit them. Or maybe they just didn't like what I had to say about their grading system.

Everything happens for a reason. There is some personal turmoil occurring in my family and I had told myself that I was going to stop buying until after Christmas. So, in a way, I guess this was a sign that my decision was a good one.

Some final points to remember:

*Tanzanite has been around for 50 years now and will probably still be here for another 20 years. This is a lot more product than say Csarite or Chrome Diopside. There are over 10,000 pieces of Tanzanite jewelry and loose stones on Ebay and other websites flooding the market; just be sure you get a genuine certificate from a genuine lab. **** Here is a statement made by an on line source (International Gem Society): "Another example is tanzanite. After the primary source closed, it skyrocketed in value. For some reason, as of this article’s writing (early 2014), Tanzanite has dropped dramatically in price and I’m regularly seeing medium grade cut material hit the market at $100 per carat or less, and top material going for $200 a carat all day long." [ Update to Tanzanite - I just saw in our local paper advertisement where a major chain store was selling a 1/2ct Total Weight (that's 1/4ct each) pair of earrings in sterling silver for only $20; I think I'm going to be ill]

[UPDATE] From an Independant Jewelry Appraiser:
"TIFFANY & CO WILL WANT YOUR TANZANITE-YOU WILL MAKE A FORTUNE!” - Not
An unscrupulous jeweler convinces unsuspecting clients that they should buy tanzanite from him because the source of the gem is running out. He tells them that the stones are an investment and that when the source is depleted in the next year, Tiffany & Co. will be calling him to buy any tanzanite he knows of on the market. People buy the stones, paying much more than is normal in the market and hold on to them. The jeweler goes so far as to have the buyers sign non-disclosure agreements about the transactions.

Why it won’t work:
While it is true that tanzanite is found in only one place, the source is still producing large amounts of gems. Also, Tiffany & Co. is not going to use a small town jeweler as a source for their stock. The quality of the material being sold was not of a high enough quality to interest Tiffany in any case. Furthermore, the unscrupulous jeweler charged about three times the market rate for the stones. Even though tanzanite has gone up in the years since the hoax was perpetrated, the market price for tanzanite is still not at the level that the victims were charged.
[UPDATE] From Author of Understanding, Identifying and Buying Gemstones: Tanzanite
The author properly states the grading systems used to sell tanzanite on TV shopping channels carry no validity. In the Appendix of the book, he reproduces the colored grading system of the Tanzanite Foundation. He states the higher degree of violet saturation, the greater the price. Actually, the Tanzanite Foundation grading scale makes the highest degree of violetish blue and the highest degree of bluish violet as equal. This is one problem with sellers creating a grading system. They create a system to reflect their inventory, not the true market. The bottom line is the blue the better in tanzanite. You want the violet to be the secondary color.

* MORGANITE - May be Impregnated with wax to improve the luster. That way will eventually fade and you'll see the true color of the stone. May be Irradiated which lessens the value of the stone. There is no such thing as "Olive" Morganite; Morganite refers to the specific pink/peachy color of the beryl family; they place the name Morganite to it to make it sell better

*Your CSARITE may be Vsi but the diamonds in the 10k gold are probably inferior i3/A4 Clarity and I to J Color; that's what happened to me; Csarite only shows it's color shift best in large stones of 3 carats or larger; I have purchased several stones that are nice and clean but will probably not be worth that much in the future; as I read more and more on Csarite/Diaspore I am being told that we are being duped on the shopping channels; smaller stones just don't have the color/change/shift; if you recall, GemsTV stated "color-change" in the beginning and then switched to stating "color-shift;" SEE atggems and find Diaspore; they discuss it extensively and give you the real facts, not what the shopping channels are telling us

*Your pieces with diamonds will be worth more than the ones with Zircon

*KUNZITE is also irradiated to show a better color so look for natural stones; be careful with Kunzite, TGGC doesn't tell you that if you wear it in the sun, it will eventually fade in color; Ice Kunzite is just colorless spodumene which is the least expensive of the spodumene family. In the gem world anything other than the purple/pink colors is not called Kunzite it is just called colorless or yellow spodumene. Rocks and GemsTV are just attaching the name Kunzite to the colorless forms to make you think you are still buying Kunzite.

*EMERALDS are valued by their color first and then clarity; a lighter colored stone will not be as valuable

*Fissure-Filled Rubies can be found anywhere; look for the non-filled ones; BE ALERT, their Star Rubies are also fissure-filled

*CEYLON SAPPHIRES come in all shades of blue, but the darker are the most expensive and valuable but any of the shades you purchase should show a consistency in color throughout, not half blue and half clear as many of them came to me and I returned.

*Fancy colored sapphires should not be fissure-filled; they are not as valuable and should have the best clarity you can find; watch out when they say "bright," and look at the item details; it may mean they have been diffused

* ANAHI AMETRINE - I only kept one piece of Anahi Ametrine out of all the pieces I ordered. They obviously show the best ones on the TV; I have never received an actual 50/50 split or even a 60/40 split item; most have been 80/20 splits at best and almost so pale you can't even see the color split; make sure you take a good long look at it, the ones that are left which end up on The Lounge are usually almost one color (amethyst)

*TGGC states it does not use "commercial" diamonds in their rings, but if you buy their diamonds in Sterling Silver you are most likely getting commercial graded diamonds. i1, i2 and i3 are included diamonds. They have inclusions visible to the naked eye. These inclusions negatively impact the transparency and brilliance of the diamond. Because of the budget I must abide by, I cannot afford even Si diamonds. But I do draw the line at i1 and i2 clarity. i3 will definitely impact the brilliance of the diamond. I know this because I did purchase an i3 diamond ring before I educated myself and I could see the inclusion on one of the invisible set stones and I should have returned it. All of my i1 and i2 rings still have beautiful brilliance and I can't see any inclusions in them.

*Isn't it interesting how they now have so many LARGE CARAT WEIGHT Triple AAA or Quad AAAA Tanzanite stones that they are placing in 14k and 18k; where have they been all this time before the prices started rising ???? Think about it. And don't be so foolish as to believe them when they say that all of their Tanzanite is top quality in all of their designs. A tanzanite set in Sterling Silver will be much paler, than one set in gold overlay. A Triple AAA Tanzanite set in 10k gold will be lighter than one set in 14k and a Triple AAA Tanzanite set in 14k will be lighter in color than one set in 18K.

**** If you're having REFURB hours, don't tell me you can't move on the price. During normal The Lounge hours, most of the hosts will play with us and make the buyer at least feel like they're getting a great price. But during a REFURB hour, you're asking me to purchase a damaged item and then you're telling me that you won't negotiate a slightly better price so that at least I won't feel like I'm getting damaged goods. Do you want to sell the item or not? Do you want to keep a good rapport with your customers or not? The Lounge really needs to re-think their stand on this.....

* Once items have been on The Lounge, they should never go back to the regular falling auction sites (RocksTV and GemsTV); these items were on The Lounge because they were returned for size, quality or color

Goodbye and Savvy Shopping.

“Beware Tanzanite Grading/Items Disappearng/Money in Limbo”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by 340Miller (1 review written)

Today, September 11, 2014, RocksTV introduced another new format. For the rest of September, they are not having falling auctions, they are apparently going straight to the lowest price. They're calling it "The Lowest Price Bonanza." Unfortunately, as I was watching the Tanzanite show, I saw several pieces that I knew for a fact were not at their lowest price. For example, Item #ZJVJ83 was on the program for $227 and I know for a fact that it was a Star Buy on RocksTV about 8 weeks ago for… Read Full Review

“Show the real items and stop shining the lights to fool us”

Written on: 13/09/2014 by utMcBride18 (1 review written)

Sorry this is so long, but they need to know the kind of people they are making fools of. My daughter has gone off the rails a bit over the last few years. So at 49 I want to make sure my 9 year old granddaughter has a bit of a fall back when I'm gone and can't help her. I don't work now due to plates and pins in my left arm and leg and needing a knee replacement in my right knee that can't be done for another 6 or 7 years. All of which makes me unemployable, but not severe enough to claim DLA… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/09/2014

Dear Lady,
I understand what you mean with the lighting. I have been purchasing from RocksTV here in the U.S. for the last 2 years. When they first came on air here, I went a little loopy too because I thought there is no way you can sell this jewelry for these prices. So I did some self-educating. I purchased many, many pieces of all gemstones and I returned many, many pieces of gemstones. Over the last 2 years I have come to the realization that those first few months of watching and buying were sort of "come on" prices to get you involved. I have purchased many beautiful and rare gemstones that I will cherish. But now, as the months have gone by and turned into years, they have raised their prices across the board. They are trying to auction OLD Tanzanite stock at the higher prices. The Tanzanite quality has diminished. They use a "play on words" tactics to make you think you are getting the lowest price and I also think they darken or lighten the studio to make the gems look better than they are. At first, the studio lights were so bright, you couldn't make anything out and now it looks as if they have turned down the lights to make the pale stones look deeper than they are. I recently purchased 3 Tanzanite rings all of which are going back because they are paler than my original rings from 2 years ago. You really need to do the research to know what to look for. For example, Chrome Diopside comes from only one area, but my jeweler friend told me that only stones of 2 carats or larger are rare. Tanzanite maybe 1,000 rarer than diamonds, but in the future, only the large carat Triple As are what people will be fighting for. If you look on their website, they have over 1,000 designs of Tanzanite. If you go on Ebay, there are over 10,000 pieces of Tanzanite loose stones, not counting jewelry. The Top 5 gemstones are the best to invest in. Diamonds and gold will always be the main staple for investment. Rubies have to be blood red or of a high clarity to be valuable. Fissure-filled rubies can be found in any retail store. Siberian Emeralds are beautiful, but their color does not compare with Columbian or some of the better Zambian. With Emeralds it's the color that makes the value and then the clarity. Sapphire, you want to invest in good color Ceylon or make sure they are of a high clarity. I am sorry for your disappointment. I too have been disappointed many times with RocksTV but I have slowly educated myself and have cut back on my buying. Good Luck to you.

Libra65's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2014

Hi.
Thank you for your reply. I know exactly how you feel. I recently went into a well know jewellers in the town centre and they had an ungraded tanzanite ring that was considerably darker than the one off gems that's graded as a AAA. I wish I could post a picture shown on the website of the ring I bought and an actual photo I'd take myself. It's disgusting. This ring will be going back 1st thing Monday morning and from now on I'll take "everything" the presenters say with a pinch of salt and won't buy anything over £20.
The best of it is I've just received a message from feefo asking me to review the ring. Only trouble is, I don't think they'd publish my comment.
Good luck with future buying Hun.

“rip off company”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by carlajane123 (6 reviews written)

this company sell costume jewellery not real quality gemstones as they say i have just watched a programme on itv which clearly shows them in their real light even making up a new stone so they can rip off all the sad people who watch their tv programme real jewellers have for years fought to exclude these charletans from the trade as they devalue real stones with their false and ridiculous claims if you buy from these people just take item to your local jewellers and you will be laughed at… Read Full Review

Peony's Response to carlajane123's Review

Written on: 13/05/2015

I think they are de valuing jewellery, well de valuing gemstones. I only buy Sterling Silver off them, (in the past bought 9ct gold which tarnished and became pitted oer time, and one stone I found had a crack inside which I paid a lot of money for, so I never buy gold items off them).

I have some really nice pieces of sterling silver though off them, but these has deteriorated, so I have stopped buying from them. I told them so too! (They did not reply).

“Hands up if you remember Ratners jewellers?”

Written on: 12/08/2014

I have spent 1000s of pounds on Gems TV. Items look great. SOMETIMES THE GEMS FALL OUT. If gem falls out before 6 months they will refund your money after 6 months they can recommend a good jeweller to replace the missing gem at your cost? By 6 months the white gold has turned yellow but no guarantee after 6 months. 'I don't know who was the first person who said 'BUYER BEWARE'. I feel duped by this family run business! I don't know about protecting the consumer but I thought items sold… Read Full Review

Maisiebrent's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2014

Why are you spending loadsamoneyif you're dissatisfied?
Stop whingeing and take your money somewhere else if you're not happy.

Written on: 13/05/2015

This firm does take people in and you are not expecting an expensive item of jewellery to have the stones fall out either. I have some rings from years ago and the stones have never fallen out, but were not bought from this firm.

Written on: 13/05/2015

They have altered the 6 month guarantee, went down to 3 months, and now it is only 30 days according to their web site.

Jamesg1953's Comment

Written on: 12/12/2014

Here's what he said jewellery shop founder Gerald Ratner was taped confessing that his stores sold “total crap”.

“customer service was the best , but no more very rude!”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by jeff1968 (1 review written)

I brought a couple of ring recently but im evaluating whether to bother any longer, I had to return the AA tanzanite as it was not anywhere near the quality that the host had on ,or what I already own. I also brought a white quartz 25cts ring, loved the design but when I wore it for a few hours discovered that it annoyed me so much that decided I would ask if I could return it as I had removed the little tag. Both items were reviewed on the fee-fo site they are subscribed to, the same day they… Read Full Review

Kathy1225's Response to jeff1968's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

Hello,
Yes, I agree with you about the color of their AA Tanzanites. I cannot tell you how many Tanzanite rings I have returned because they were not any where near the color of what was being shown on TV or my computer. I have three televisions at home, all different models, you would think one of them would provide an accurate color of my purchase. When I bought my first Tanzanite on RocksTV back when they first came on air in the U.S. 2 years ago, it was a beautiful deep color. Now I am returning many AA rings that are no where near that same color and they are still grading them AA. I also agree with you about the diamond rings. I learned early that you should NOT buy anything lower than an i1 or i2 grade. Once you go to i3 diamonds, they are too included to show any brilliance. It doesn't matter what color they are if they are so included that they don't sparkle. I have tried many, many times to get them to place the CLARITY grade of their diamonds on line. The Help Team tells me they are. But if you do a random search of some rings, only some have the clarity grade in the details. I do not want to discourage anyone from buying diamonds. If you can only afford a diamond in Sterling Silver and it makes you happy, then by all means make yourself happy.

Peony's Response to jeff1968's Review

Written on: 13/05/2015

The diamonds are poor quality, I never buy them off this company. I bought one off the old Gems Tv years ago, SI grade and it is fabulous, flashes yellow and blue and is admired by people. I would not buy diamonds off this firm though as I noted on TV that they are poor grades of diamonds, so won't have much sparkle in them. I think they have them certificated as a ploy.

“wake up to the smoke screen”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by WadeMcKay117 (1 review written)

Buy new pieces from the high street and realise it's only worth 33% of what you paid for it so at a quoted 57% cheaper it's still more than its worth the day after you bought it. You only need to look at AJS gems to see what the stone us worth and they make a good profit. KNOW the prices o'er gram of scrap gold. Easy to check on line. Use Gemval which us in dollars so see how rare certain colours if a gem are and retail values. It's aimed at the totally uneducated buyer and don't fall for the… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

I DEFINATLEY AGREE WITH THE TANZANITE AND DIAMOND COMMENTS. THEY WILL NOT BE CHALLENGED ON ANYTHING ATALL. ONLY THE LORIQUE IS WORTH ANYTHING AT ALL, BROUGHT A SOLITAIRE WAS TOLD BY JEWELLER IT WAS SO CLOUDY AND VERY BAD CUT,

Written on: 13/05/2015

I agree that Tanzanite so called grading is their own grading, it doesn't mean anything.

Written on: 03/09/2014

OMG! You are so totally right. I agree with you in everything. I have also checked AJS gems and GEMVAL and look at the price of gold in the US and UK daily. After watching RocksTV in the US for the last 2 years, I have made many purchases which I will put away and save for my grandson if he needs it 10 years from now. I look for items that have gems which may be more valuable years from now. You can never go wrong with Sapphires, Rubies and Emeralds as long as you know their origin and make sure your Emeralds are a deep green. With Emeralds it's all about the color. I thought I purchased a beautiful ruby bracelet where the stones were only heat treated, only to take it out in the sunlight and see that the stones were not color matched properly.

I too have educated myself over the last 2 years regarding their selling tactics and how the hosts present the items. They say an item will never go lower for their RSVP but it does if it goes to GemsTV and The Lounge at some point. The only issue there is that there may not be any left at a later date. They keep talking about how Tanzanite has not been mined since December, 2013 and yet they have come out with all of the high carat weight, high end items that they told us previously were so hard to come by. Go on Ebay and there are 10,000 pieces of Tanzanite loose stones. You just have to be careful who you buy from on Ebay. Make sure it's new with a certificate and check the authenticity of the certification lab.

I've seen items on RocksTV sell for $500 and then at a later date, that same item sold for $299. I would be furious if I was the one that bought it for $200 more...They talk about their "price promise" but if you don't watch it 24/7, you won't get your money back...Their AA Tanzanites they are trying to sell now are no where near the color of my AA rings I purchased when they first came on air here in the US 2 years ago...

I just want to inform people that they really need to watch the carat weight of the items and the quality and weight of the gold bands on the rings. I just purchased an AAA Tanzanite in 14k which I am happy with the color of the stones, but the band is SO THIN it will probably break in two the first time I wear it...I can't believe they designed an AAA stone in 14k with such a thin band.

Well, if everything goes into the toilet around the world, I can at least melt my gold rings down and use that to trade with.... :) Have a good one...

“bad”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by irMurphy-Alt360 (1 review written)

bought three things from this channel one broke and two were not what they said. If it sounds too good to be true IT IS poor quality stones bad cutting and cheap. Also are at pains to point out they only sell real gemstones and not man made like others. Well if that is true then how can they sell glass pearls and other manmade rubbish on their other channel Jewellery Maker. If you do get a bargain good luck to you, one of the few. Most of it is rubbish and the grading of their Tanzanite is a… Read Full Review

“Lie!”

Written on: 10/07/2014 by ctompkins (1 review written)

My "Burmese Ruby" described as being rare because it came from Burma also came with a sticker "product of Thailand" on it. Thai rubies are a different color and clarity than Burmese… Read Full Review

Jeff1968's Response to ctompkins's Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

I cannot believe what im reading about gemporia, well if they think they can rip off the American public they wont stand a chance, they are not like us brits we believe people, they will check out every piece of jewellery..

“thx GEM TV”

Written on: 29/06/2014 by Rudyd181 (1 review written)

mikham az in shabake va karkonanesh tashakor konam baraye dooblehaye khub va filmai ke mano be irane ghadim mibare agarche man oun zaman taze donya amade boodam vali az pedaro madarao atrafianam ideharo az gozashteye iran daram.man serialhaye torkio kheili doost daram hata vaghti filmnamashun zaife,chonke torkie fahangesh kheili shabihe irane.bazam mamnun… Read Full Review

“cheap jewellery”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by gdSloan162 (1 review written)

I think maybe sometime people are lucky buyinf from this channel.a company cannot make a profit selling jewellery this cheap unless they are of a low grade and my experience prooves this. I purhcased a morganite ring and when I got it Horror the stone was clear with no colour that it showed under their lights. they also grade tanzanite that is so pale other comapnies would not grade it ie I purchased a high grade tanzanite ring and found many cheaper with a much deeper colour. A opel I bought… Read Full Review

“Rings apparently lost!?”

Written on: 22/06/2014 by Moore140 (1 review written)

Terrible company, I have never bought from them before but did so for my mother who has lots of rings. First order seemed to go ok then an email confirming, then another saying ring not available, ok fair enough, BUT 5 days later the very same ring back for sale at £20 more! Ok so ordered another ring, go another confirmation email, then again this time the ring you ordered has been lost! What?!! I tried calling them and you wait.....and wait.... 15 mins later..they answer could not be… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/05/2015

I have ordered a ring twice and it went 'out of stock' well why was it for sale and why was my money taken. I think the staff got it, as they were lovely rings, one a heart shaped quartz in the sale half price and a lot of sterling silver. It was the last one, and I think the staff decided to buy it!

“Bad Ring Setting Quality”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by ygRogers174 (1 review written)

I have been a avid customer of yours and have spent thousands of pounds with Gems TV and Jewellery Maker. I am most upset about your customer service and will not be buying anymore jewellery or recommending Gems TV. The reasons for my upset is because up-to-date I have had 4 rings where the stones have fallen out after very little wearing. I am now also very afraid to wear any of my rings purchased from you because of the apparent poor quality of stone settings which may contribute to stone… Read Full Review

“Don't buy too cheeply”

Written on: 29/04/2014 by Stuart335 (1 review written)

I have bought several pieces of jewellery from Gems TV for myself and as gifts over the last couple of years. On the whole I have been very pleased with them although I have sent three or four things back as the quality was not as good in real life as it had looked on the TV (you have 30 days trial at home to decide). Having said that they tended to be the cheaper pieces ie under £30 but quite honestly I think you have to ask yourself what do you expect for that sort of money. Even on a… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/05/2014

I was watching the "Lounge Format" Tanzanite show with Mark Gould on morning of May 25th (U.S.time). I have to say, I was just floored as to how they have raised the tanzanite prices on their old stock. If you watch the program as much as I do (and yes, I do not have a life) you recognize the pieces from 3, 6, 9 months ago. One ring that was previously $157 was being sold for $209. A piece from a previous show was $342 on gemporia.com but they were selling it for $399 during an auction. Why am I watching the auction if I'm not going to receive a better price than what it is on the gemporia.com store. That's the whole point of watching these auctions for hours at a time. And during Mark's show, I sent in an email asking if he would honor the lower price it had been previously, he completely ignored it. Another person asked before me and he reluctantly lowered the price, but not for my request.

My Tanzanite buying days are truly done. I acquired several pieces and I'm not paying another $50 to $200 more for an item that I know has been lower just 30 days ago. Are the prices rising across the board? Yes, they are. But articles have shown that TanzaniteOne has a contract for another 10 years of mining. Should Rocks/Gems/The Lounge be gouging us at these higher prices for OLD STOCK? No, they should not. If I didn't want to buy the rings at the lower price, why on earth would you think I would pay $50 - $200 more for that same ring? Don't tell me you haven't raised your prices on old stock. It's not true. I even looked at some of the prices on gemporia.com about a month ago and wrote down some prices. One example was a Tanzanite ring for $239 and now the on-line price is $287. So they have raised their gemporia.com on line store prices by at least $50 or more depending on the size of the stone. I don't know how they do it on air, but I have had to return many Tanzanite rings that were supposed to be AAA quality in clarity and color but came to me paler than some of my earlier AA purchases. Yet on air they are a deep color. Filtered blue lighting? Showing the best of the 100 they made?

Don't even get me started again on Csarite. A ring that sold for $147, 8 weeks ago, was being sold for $206 today. When you have over 100 styles of Csarite rings in 10k and 14k gold, you need to start thinking about getting rid of some of your old stock as well. When I tried to call the host on it, he said I was bonkers.....yet, I had the code and I wrote down the price when I was looking at it a few months ago.

As much as I'm perturbed by their shenanigans, GemsTV, RocksTV and The Lounge still have the best prices on Tanzanite around for those still interested in buying. I have seen much higher prices on other programs. I just don't care for their selling tactics any more. There are 10,000 pieces of Tanzanite on Ebay. You just have to make sure you purchase a stone with a certificate of authorization from a reputable certification agency and that they have a return policy. Do your research.

Happy shopping.....

Written on: 08/08/2014

THANK YOU I THOUGHT I WAS GOING MAD... IVE TRIED ASKING THE PRESENTERS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING , OLD STOCK BEING SOLD AT NEW STOCK PRICES... I WAS TOTALLY IGNORED BY ABOUT 4 OF THEM... I ALSO HAVE SEEN THE QUALITY OF DIAMONDS AND TANZANITE YOU CAN GET ON EBAY , I BROUGHT A PRINCESS CUT SOLITAIRE 14 K WHITE GOLD HALF A CARAT RING FROM AN AMERICAN SITE (FINERDIAMONDS), I COULD PAY OVER TIME AND WHEN I GOT IT , I WAS STUNNED AT THE SPARKLE AND QUALITY... IT COST SO MUCH LESS THAN GEMS CHARGE FOR FAR LESS QUALITY.

Written on: 08/08/2014

I also was like yourself, but ive had a diamond solitaire set in white gold from them , so I took it to be valued, the jeweller took it from me and had a quick look, he advised me to save my money and not have it valued as the diamond was so cloudy the clarity was exceptionally poor and the cut was not very good either, I told Gems Tv WHEN I SENT IT BACK, THEY SAID SOME SHOPS SAY OUR RINGS ETC ARE NOT GIVING ACCURATE VALUATIONS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT LIKE US... ive had tanzanite for yrs but recently had a ring AA quality ordered on TV the colour was a lovely royal blue, when it arrived it was so poor it was like sky ble topaz very pale... I think if we were privy to the mine owners we would be told he buys some excellent pieces but the vast majority is very low grade, JUST BE CAREFULL DONT TRUST TOO MUCH