Laurastar Magic IS5 Steam Generator Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Features: 1400W steam generator. 800W iron 3.5 bar steam pressure. Double volume steam. 1.2dl boiler capacity. Cable holder spray bottle. Integrated aqua filter. Drain tray. Board cover. Insulating mat. Softpressing multi-directional sole plate. Automatic rewind. 6 position ironing board height.
Laurastar Magic IS5 Steam Generator - Ask a question now

Power
Wattage: 1400 watts

“poor customer service ”

Written on: 22/10/2013

Customer service is the worse ever ,most unhelpful, they charger me £136 as a set fee to send my IS6 for repair after it has stopped working ,i was asked to wait for it to be collected by the PDP courier,three days later waiting to no avail. called them fund them most unhelpful. i simply don't trust the company nor the product… Read Full Review

“Eu conheço estes ferros de e recomendo são muito...”

Written on: 20/06/2013

Eu conheço estes ferros de e recomendo são muito bons.. qual é o preço deles em portugal? o meu é o modelo mais antigo e comprei na suiça. … Read Full Review

“expensive and useless”

Written on: 14/02/2013 by paul.burrow22 (1 review written)

Only had this approximately 6 months, and its broken more time than I care to count. From the sounds of the other reviews it will also snap soon too! Feel a bit conned when I was persuaded to buy this in store. Very let down… Read Full Review

Sonalvaghani's Response to paul.burrow22's Review

Written on: 27/03/2013

Last 10 years I am using Laura star iron s4. I am v happy with this iron. Yes it's right service of this iron is difficult and expensive. I am living in Dubai. If some problem I have to big money for repair. I have 4 pc of this iron. My salon my home my daughter home. We like laurastar only.Rest no complain is at all. Pl check for service we get on time. Thanks. Sonalvaghani.

Justasitis's Response to paul.burrow22's Review

Written on: 20/04/2013

we used to repair laurastar in the UK and believe me they are not what they seem to be . it is an exceptionally over rated product and the whole ethos is build around conning the customer with technical jargon to make you part with your money. the units are all made in PORTUGAL , yes portugal, not switzerland !
we used to repair every single unit sold within 18 months because they leak, board snaps, iron soleplate leaks internally from steam build up, tempremental electronic card- Even few of them caught fire - save your money, your £1000 ironing system gives you the same result as any good quality steam generator. we have been selling another iron now called lelit, and it does excatly what it says . no gimmicks, and fussing about,
If you have money to burn and more money than sense, then go for laurastar, otherwise, buy something where you are able to repair locally

“Only if you have more money than sense”

Written on: 27/11/2012

i was expecting a high quality product at the price I paid for this. But it was leaky and needed refilling too often so you could not get through a basket of ironing without stopping for half and hour whilst everything cools down so you can refill the tank. The plate scales up quite easily and you have to send it off for repair very often to keep it in good working order. I will consider something else when my warranty runs out and upgrade to something more professional… Read Full Review

Ellabooeaton's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2013

I bought one of these in 2000 it is still going except that i mhave ruined the plate so keep the solar plate on could not use anything else now it has been excellant. obviously newer models are not as well made.

“Breaks down constantly”

Written on: 14/11/2012 by Guest56345 (1 review written)

Board has now snapped , extremely disappointing since the unit is only 2.5 years old. I had a problem with the iron 8 months after I bought it with steam and water gushing from the iron ( despite the assurances of the demonstrator who was very persistent over the quality etc ) For the price we paid, it is extremely low value for Money to the point of being ripped off… Read Full Review

“Poor quality constantly breaking down”

Written on: 07/10/2012

Buyers beware. Laurastar claim that you deserve the best but you actually receive the worst. My iron has now broken down 3 times in the space of 2 years. Not great since it is a very expensive iron system. I was cleaning the iron every month and replacing the expensive granules that you need to use constantly. Despite following the care instruction to the T the iron is now agin very temperamental. Steam comes out sporadically and leaks water all over the place. For an iron that is not even 3… Read Full Review

“Very good/clever iron”

Written on: 10/07/2012

I brought this iron in 2006 from Harrods, the iron worked perfectly until recently when the iron did not heat up properly and start pouring water out of the stem holes. Went onto there website saw SolarZone are the only repairers in the UK. Contacted them, they took a deposit, I first told them to pick it up they said fine, will have to pay for it (understandable). The day come not courier arrived (not SZ fault). Decided to drop it off 70 mile round trip, the guy at the office was very nice, no… Read Full Review

“Buyer beware”

Written on: 24/08/2011

Don't buy a laurastar ever but especially from solarzone. My iron cost £500, worked for less than 3 years and will cost £250.00 to repair. Solarzone are rude and unhelpful and iron is now useless. Iron was lovely while it worked but I had to have a major repair in the first year and this was what went wrong again 2nd time round. Company doesn't know the meaning of customer service so I'm making it my mission to review this product on as may sites as possible. Better wear from a 9 yr old… Read Full Review

Graeme7856's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2012

I fully agree with all your comments. I had exactly the same problems with the customer service at Solarzone when my iron developed a fault.

“I bought the laurastar S4 evolution from Solarzone...”

Written on: 21/05/2011

I bought the laurastar S4 evolution from Solarzone over a year ago, unfortunately, my cleaner dropped the iron and broke the handle, Solarzone were very efficient is sorting the problem out in no time.
the iron was repaired and returned in no time and my beautiful iron is doing again what it does best, making my life easy with ironing.
Well done Laurastar on an excellent product and even better well done Solarzone for excellent customer service

Lobs's Comment

Written on: 24/08/2011

Can only say that solarzone are possibly one of the rudest companies I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Shame they weren't this helpful to me

“I would not buy another product from Solarzone. The...”

Written on: 24/03/2011 by graeme7856 (1 review written)

I would not buy another product from Solarzone. The salesperson stated that it was on special offer and came with a three year warranty.
When a fault developed at the start of the third year the company, Solarzone, denied all knowledge of the three year guarantee.
Despite three witnesses being present when I bought the iron and a long battle with Solarzone I have got nowhere and now have a faulty iron. Over £500 is a lot of money to spend on an iron that lasts just over two years.
Since my… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to graeme7856's Review

Written on: 06/11/2011

I had my Laura star repaired just three months ago, and it has failed again. Not a happy camper.....
Does this mean it will cost me around $50 a month to maintain?

Not to mention the inconvience of having to travel miles to get the service done, and then back again to pick it up.

Just to add to the annoyance, it is now 10.30am and no one is answering phone calls at the so called \"service\" centre, despite a recorded message that the hours of busines are from 9.00am??????

“I bought this unit after seeing a demonstration in...”

Written on: 12/12/2009

I bought this unit after seeing a demonstration in Harrods. the ironing system is excpetional. we used to spend loads of money on dry cleaning bill s and ironing used to take 5 hours a week to do. now, I can do the whole lot- a family of four in under 2 hours. My shirts are perfect every time, and my wife even started an ironing business using the product. it is the best on the market. we have compared before buying to tefal, bosch and philips, the steam on those machines only last a fraction… Read Full Review

“I have been using my laurastar MAGIC i-S5 for nearly 2...”

Written on: 19/09/2009

I have been using my laurastar MAGIC i-S5 for nearly 2 years and before that i used to replace my iron on average every six months and it used to take me ages to do a shirt. this product is fantastic… Read Full Review

“We got our Laurastar MAGIC i-S5 yesterday. As a...”

Written on: 18/09/2009

We got our Laurastar MAGIC i-S5 yesterday. As a mechanical engineer the first thing I noticed was a very low quality when it comes to the fit and finish of the plastic parts. Only rarely can one find a western world product with this bad visible quality.
All the supposedly shiny metal parts were covered with some kind of dirt, which needed to be wiped off by the customer. Not a big thing, but one could expect a product in this price class to be be clean when delivered in a sealed package.
To… Read Full Review

“My Laurastar MAGIC i-S5 Iron was great while it...”

Written on: 11/07/2009 by Lauren6166 (1 review written)

My Laurastar MAGIC i-S5 Iron was great while it worked, but for £500 I'd expect it to work for more than 3 years. I also found the customer services at Laurastar to be very disappointing… Read Full Review

“This product is fantastic. The ironing results are...”

Written on: 24/01/2008 by lianhowong (1 review written)

This product is fantastic. The ironing results are excellent and it is really easy to use. If you iron, you need to get one. It will save you time, effort and money! No need to send out to the cleaners so often… Read Full Review