The Indian Summer Ash, Hampshire Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Indian Summer Ash, Hampshire - Ask a question now

“I took my parents and my children to the Sunday...”

Written on: 26/12/2010

I took my parents and my children to the Sunday lunchtime buffet on Sunday 12th December.

The owner was very rude, initially telling my 11 year old son, and my 80 year old step-father not to put too much food on their plates, as he "didn't want any food wasted". When I challenged the owner over this, he wasn't interested that I was the customer, and that I was paying the bill.

This obviously upset the owner, as no chocolates were offered with the bill.

Obviously I won't be going there… Read Full Review

“We thought the food was very good and good value for...”

Written on: 05/12/2010

We thought the food was very good and good value for money, not massive portions but all very tasty,the service was very slow and the waiters were miserable,for a Saturday night it was very quiet which surprised us.
Our disappointment came at the end when we were presented with the bill and we were told if we paid cash we would get a 10% discount, we thought that was a good offer, but when we checked the bill they has added on a 10% service charge but not itemised it or mentioned it!! This is… Read Full Review

“The Indian Summer is a lovly relaxing and welcoming...”

Written on: 27/11/2010

The Indian Summer is a lovly relaxing and welcoming diner where children (mine) are made welcome and the menu is explained well to any questions asked.

The meals are excellent, cooked to perfection, and when something slightly different to the menu is required, it is never any problem to the team.

Admittedly, we might get special treatment as we are local and regulars, but the experience is excellent, the eating area roomy and open, clean and the food is excellent. Service can be slow when… Read Full Review

“First time at the Indian Summer and what a...”

Written on: 14/11/2010

First time at the Indian Summer and what a disappointment.

The restaurant itself appeared clean and was well presented and very spacious.
Although well staffed (front of house) there was no courteous welcome. The staff were grumpy. I got the impression we were being a nuisance choosing to dine there!

The food was pretty mediocre We have eaten much better Indians than the one we had here.

The badly hand written bill seemed expensive and on closer inspection, it included a 10pc service… Read Full Review

“Very good food - A little bit expensive but the food...”

Written on: 13/06/2010

Very good food - A little bit expensive but the food is much better than that at indian restauants nearby so that compensates for the differnce.

Seating is good and there is plenty of room (I've been to other restaurants were you are squeezed in). Good choice of food and drink and they now do a buffet on sundays - (1 to 3 I think) plus other offers during the week.

Give it a go… Read Full Review

“Just back from another disappointing meal at the...”

Written on: 10/01/2010

Just back from another disappointing meal at the Indian summer. Waiters uninterested and despite asking for a recommendation of a mildly spiced curry dish we received one that took the roof of your mouth off! Waiter seemed irritated that we wished to bi-pass starters or extra drinks. Bill of almost £25 per person excessive for 1 course each, rice and a cobra beer. Service was included 'at your descretion'. We deducted it causing restaurant owner further distress. dont think we will be back… Read Full Review

“The Indian Summer (137 Guildford Road, Normandy,...”

Written on: 04/12/2009

The Indian Summer (137 Guildford Road, Normandy, Guildford, Surrey GU12 6DF), is a very pleasant restaurant situated on the main A324 road midway between Guildford and Aldershot. A visit there has become a weekly ritual for us. The two large rooms offer plenty of space for a good dining experience -- small or large groups, we have had both. Easy parking. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. You can hear each other speak. Toilets are spotless. The attentive service and good food makes this… Read Full Review

“Welcome poor whilst the Indian Summer Ashstaff seemed...”

Written on: 07/05/2009

Welcome poor whilst the Indian Summer Ashstaff seemed annoyed we were only going in for takeaway.
Our curry was tasteless, as was the garlic naan, and the curry swimming in oil… Read Full Review

“You can't go wrong with the The Indian Summer Ash,...”

Written on: 30/01/2009

You can't go wrong with the The Indian Summer Ash, Hampshire, the best food ever tasted - tastes like it should, not like a cheap immitation for brits that will only eat Tikka Masala!
Friendly staff that will endeavour to get to know you by name and welcome you each time you go.
Food is reasonably priced, but you pay for great quality and service, not a reheated ready meal! Great food
Friendly staff
Immediate service
Plenty of space - tables aren't cramped together like most restaurants
Very… Read Full Review

“The Indian Summer is mine and my partner's favourite...”

Written on: 29/01/2009

The Indian Summer is mine and my partner's favourite retaurant. The food is fantastic, tasting like it should!
The staff are incredibly friendly, making the effort to get to know you by name.
The retaurant is incredibly clean, making the whole dining experience very pleasurable.
Finally, the food is reasonably priced, baring in mind that you are paying for decent food, not a ready meal!

I can't recomment highly enough if you want traditional Indian food… Read Full Review

“The Indian Summer Ash, Hampshire, overall a big...”

Written on: 12/01/2009

The Indian Summer Ash, Hampshire, overall a big disapointment, food was nice but was let down by the waiters and the price. br/>Interior of the restaurant tastefully decorated
service was prompt. Overall temperature inside the restaurant was cold and we ate with our coats on.
drinks were very expensive.
waiters were abrupt
the food arrived at the table lukewarm, and was cold by the time we finished.
Would not go back again… Read Full Review

“I would and have recommended this to all our friends....”

Written on: 13/11/2008 by malconi (2 reviews written)

I would and have recommended this to all our friends. The Insudan Summer Ash in Hampshire gave us great food some of the best we have had. The service was also above average. I cannot think of any bad points… Read Full Review

“Very friendly and efficient service. We intend to...”

Written on: 12/11/2008 by malconi (2 reviews written)

Very friendly and efficient service. We intend to return again and again and our friends loved it! Excellent quality of the food which was exceptional… Read Full Review

“Friendly staff and the food was excellent. We found...”

Written on: 19/08/2008 by Sukee (1 review written)

Friendly staff and the food was excellent. We found this restaurant by chance. Coming back from Farnham we looked for restaurants on our sat nav and this came up. We pulled up at about 2ish in the afternoon and were the only ones in the restaurant. The staff were friendly and helpful. Service (although we were the only ones in the restaurant) was brilliant. We would recomend this restaurant to anyone. Although this restaurant is a long way from where we live (Enfield, North London) we will be… Read Full Review

“good food, good service, parking available, quick and...”

Written on: 21/05/2008

good food, good service, parking available, quick and friendly service, very good. Well recommended… Read Full Review

“Over £300,000 was spent when Mr Bhatt purchased the...”

Written on: 26/02/2007 by diner2000 (1 review written)

Over £300,000 was spent when Mr Bhatt purchased the former Nightingale pub near Normandy, Surrey and converted it into The Indian Summer Restaurant, promising a dining experience of the highest quality.

Myself, friends and colleagues found our visit in the opening week to be excellent, great food, good service - although expensive we felt it was all in all a good experience.

However, now the Indian Summer in Ash is a little more established I feel that service has dropped and I have heard… Read Full Review

Diner2000's Response to diner2000's Review

Written on: 02/03/2007

I agree with this review, we have been to the Indian Summer in Ash/Normandy 3 times, poor service, rude staff and uncooked food all featured!
<br/>
<br/>Don&#039;t waste your time or money.

Chimaera's Response to diner2000's Review

Written on: 05/02/2008

I disagree to the comments above. As a regular eater there (approx twice a month) I have to say we find the staff very friendly and always welcoming (but maybe this is because we are regular returning customers). The food is by far the best out of the local Indian restaurants. The only thing I can concur with is the food is a bit on the pricey side but worth it (as its almost on my door step so I do not need drive or get Taxis to get there etc).