Shearings Holidays Reviews

• Location

Shearings Holidays - Ask a question now

“food was terrible ”

Written on: 09/08/2014

The holiday was ok but the food was terrible.only one vegetarian option per night i had 2 in my party who where vegetarian and there where at least one more guest who was as well the portion size was similar to a children's portion i was still hungry after main meal not the first time this has happened… Read Full Review

“ Hythe Interchange Stop 24”

Written on: 03/08/2014 by LeonHollis213 (1 review written)

Had a great holiday at Garda but I must raise the following about Stop 24 Hythe Interchange. During the changeover at Stop 24 on the return journey 31st July, several of your drivers were smoking at the entrance to the coaches which meant that smoke was entering the coach interior. This is totally unacceptable just from a normal health point of view. However I do not expect to have to inhale their smoke on entering the coach after a long trip home back to England. I paid for my trip and I do… Read Full Review

“Truly magical but BEWARE”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by Bluenoser (1 review written)

The Hebrides is an area of Scotland I have always wanted to go so this trip was ideal. We spent our first night in Novotel in Newcastle and it was great. The next two nights were in the MacDonald Four Seasons in Aviemore. It wasn't a dump but wasn't great! It was at this point we found out that we were to spend 3-4 hours in Inverness on our way to Ullapool to get the ferry to Stornoway! This was NOT in the brochure nor in any info we got from Shearings. When questioned I was told that we should… Read Full Review

“Lake Garda And Venice”

Written on: 15/07/2014 by pamelacouzens (1 review written)

Wow what a happy experience for a first coach trip, BRILLIANT!!!!!!! The only let down was the so called "STAFF" of the hotel Villa della Rose and ALL INCLUSIVE really has a new meaning at this place, the arrival at this awful hotel does not tell you that when you arrive on the Sunday everything in Arco is closed and you will have nothing to eat or drink from 10:00am until 19:00pm in the evening (and I mean absolutely nothing as the hotel staff stands guard at the noon buffet). I have never… Read Full Review

Thebrotherhoodofthebell's Response to pamelacouzens's Review

Written on: 29/07/2014

And you gave this break 5 Stars in the opener header?
Italians don't do hospitality they think they are doing you a favour, I know my mum and dad are from the boot.
If we treated them over here in england the way they treat us in their homeland, i think they would get the message sooner or later.
I could not find a place anywhere in italy that got me a £6 Toby meal or a Harvester at a £5 er!
By the way i count 12 stars above out of 30! thats no more than a third, your total in the title star-age should have been two!

Pamelacouzens's reply to Thebrotherhoodofthebell's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

The only reason I rated accommodation 5 star is the fact that the bed was comfy and the room adequate, my dissatisfaction is reflected in the star rating for customer service at the hotel which was truly the worst I have ever been subjected to.

“Shearings Celtic Experience - Not Really”

Written on: 08/07/2014 by irisheyes21 (1 review written)

My Husband and I recently had a holiday with Shearings called Celtic Experience which started with a taxi ride to Great Barr and a two hour wait in the cold for our transfer coach to their Stretton Exchange, just glad it wasn't raining. There were no Ceilaghs or Irish Entertainment, the first hotel in Ennis called the Auburn Lodge was like Fawlty Towers 70's Decor and 70's Electrics, a lumpy bed and tatty furniture and musty walls. The evening meals were a mixture of the fruit that had been… Read Full Review

“thank you so much”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by DarnellMcGee (1 review written)

Iwood vary much like to thank our two coach drivers man + wife b+k for the wonderfull way they looked after us on our holiday to lake como on the 10 of may 2014 it made a lovely holiday perfect i am disabled and took a three weeled walker with me they helped so much… Read Full Review

“Four day self-drive”

Written on: 20/06/2014

Have holidayed with Shearings for many years (mostly self-drive) and have usually been very happy. Recently returned from one of our favourite hotels, The Derwentwater at Portinscale, having been a little dissappointed this time. Hotel is in an idyllic location with lovely scenery and wildlife. They seem to have tried to make their image a bit more "mod"and "up-market" which has led to bland and uncomfortable furniture, plastic materials. eating off slates and odd colour schemes. The… Read Full Review

“5 stars for the coach driver”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by Landent335 (1 review written)

Just had the first holiday in uk for at least 20 years but will be going abroad for the next hols Hotel was very tired to say the least but the staff were very friendly and helpful food was not to bad But I have to say our driver was great very funny ( but needs a few new jokes) but very knowledgable And very punctuall and also an excellent driver this is why I have given the 5stars not for The hotel but for the driver … Read Full Review

“Lake Como great, not Shearings!”

Written on: 07/06/2014 by 61Thorpe (1 review written)

Booked holiday on internet, later had letter saying only two tours included not three. I phoned to be told they were not responsible for what it said on Internet only what was in their brochure. Not a good start! Had to wait an extra 40 minutes at Milan airport for another plane to land. You soon realise that you are part of large operation. Trip on Bernina Express was very good as was trip to Villa Balbianello. However we went on Jewel of the Lake Grand Tourer and we were basically mugged! I… Read Full Review

Thebrotherhoodofthebell's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

Some like it, some don't its a marm*te type of holiday and hotel.
You got to remember thousands go on these trips every year and how many articles on this site 221....?
The complaint ratio to Shearings is less than 7% and that is very very low.
Either some sit there grin and bear it and say nothing or who knows?
When these breaks go wrong they do so big time.
But diddly little things like accommodation or a driver trying it on is par for the course.
Being mugged off in Italy is the norm the Italians do see us coming some times it no worse elsewhere.

“Battle of the Buldge Tour”

Written on: 24/05/2014 by wolves21 (1 review written)

Excellent coach for such a long journey, plenty of leg room for tall people. Only 20 on the tour so plenty of spare seats enabling customers to move around. Coach driver not realy a talkative person. The roads in Leige were very tight and the driver did hit some bollards and damaged the coach. Food was a set menu not for me and my husband so we went into the restaurant and paid. Had fabulous steaks both nights. Sherrings need to arrange a choice of food i.e. salad or a fruit juice etc... Tours… Read Full Review

“Coach delays”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by Tuftsley (1 review written)

Coach an hour late at Scotch corner, driver very unsocial . Hotel very run down but food and waiters excellent. Tour coach driver excellent. On return, coach due at 12 noon at Gretna Green - didn't arrive till 2pm then not enough seats and had to wait another half hour for luggage and passengers to be transferred to another coach. Although Tarbet Is a nice place, it is very isolated and I think this should be made clear in the brochure, as we were bored to tears on the day we didn't… Read Full Review

“Disappointing”

Written on: 22/04/2014 by Agustinv204 (1 review written)

This was the first time Shearings Coach holidays had used the Ibis Hotel, Bercy, Paris, because of its good location. All rooms are very small. There was nowhere to store our suitcases, there was just one small drawer between the two of us, and we had 2 hangers each. There were no tea making facilities in the room. The beds however, were very comfortable. Breakfast was mayhem! There were so many people trying to serve themselves at 2 small "stations" They kept running out of cereal bowls… Read Full Review

Grumpychippy's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2014

We were on the same trip. Agree with comments on hotel. Saving grace was Paris itself and the driver, who was excellent. We would also think long and hard about travelling with Shearings again.

Written on: 15/05/2014

beacuase shearings ignore all bad reviews esp if you are unlucky enough to suffer an injury customer care and dennis wprmwell are just as bad they dont want to know my only way forward now i have been advised to take civil aciton after two soliciters letters that have been ignored should be renamed customer dont care i now will take my soliciter offer up and expose this company once and for all

Written on: 15/05/2014

Shea-rings only allow negative comments on some or very rare occasions, there was one time they allowed negatives on the site, most of the time they block them.
They will come on a site like this and refute the claims. Basically they control the flow of propaganda it is a slick outfit when trying to cover for its operations. There are some good holidays with this company but they are generally the 7 to 9 day non stop to location tours. Heart Of Italy non stop is a good one. You can pick it up at a discount site for about £400. Anything more elaborate and you entering unto difficult territory.
There is an investigation by authorities that has been ongoing about these coach holiday firms, hopefully a conclusion and some revelations will be exposed soon in the media.

“mr dennis wormwell does not reply”

Written on: 17/04/2014 by Flanagan227 (1 review written)

utter shambles still no reply from shearing advised to take civil action ,what a company two letters from solicier to customer care third to dennis wormwell I would seriously be worried about travelling with this company the mind boggles they have no morals for passenger safety or care buyer beware… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/05/2014

Yes of course he does reply and i can assure you he does read all the letters. However anything serious and the Customer services team normally take the reins with their legal team. We would all like to know what happened on your tour could you elaborate any further. I would try small claims court with mediation see how that works. Your case sounds very interesting.

Written on: 15/05/2014

no he does not reply nor do customer care it is now may this happened at christmas i am now in the process of taking a civil claim against this company and their unsafe veichles which polish police wanted to impound as i speak polish as well i understood fully what was said to the two drivers one polish one english who had to pay out of their own pockets 600 euro disgusting company they havnt even wrote to me or phoned to enquire how i was after suffering a cracked rib all the man in charge when he was phoned and told of the incident was get the coach back to the uk and quick not interested that the gendarmes should have been called thats what he should have advised but no and i know this beacuase i sat there as the driver rang him in the uk on his own mobile beacause shearing take the phones off the coaches so poor drivers have to run up there phone bills

quite sad really

Written on: 15/05/2014

i myself actually phoned customer care and they wernt really interested and dennis wormwell did not reply to soliciter letter one to him one to customer care so yes it is very sad how you can hold a company in such high esteem and take many holidays with them but my god if somthing goes wrong you get no help

Thebrotherhoodofthebell's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

Channel 4 Dispatches in Manchester Have a case file and an interest in these holidays and the use of dangerous coaches etc I suggest you contact the editor and contribute to your allegations etc.

“ certainly not jingle all the way”

Written on: 10/04/2014 by anitakeane (1 review written)

I went on Christmas tour and returned with broken rib which was confirmed at my local hospital .was invited on as a guest .when I phoned shearings cust services they told me they did not cover me for insurance ?when your a guest you are app if not why was I not told to take out my own insurance I would then have to give them my policy number,2 soliciters letters later I still have nothing back from shearing not even we are sorry abta and vosa will be interested tht ppl are let on these coaches… Read Full Review

Averyprivategentleman's Response to anitakeane's Review

Written on: 15/05/2014

I would like to know a little more about your case, Channel 4 dispatches were interested in stuff like this based in Manchester. There was a guy there but he moved over to Channel 4 news. The new guy did not have enough filling to make a good case. If you could elaborate a little more maybe we could do something here?

Anitakeane's reply to Averyprivategentleman's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2014

if you could elaborate more as to your identity and position and or dealings with the company. and your sole intentions and morals in this case i will consider forwarding full information after advice from solicitor then quite possibly we may proceed many thanks for your interest.

Anitakeane's reply to Anitakeane's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2014

i forgot to mention a full statement was also sent in to customer care detailing what happened from start to finish they had from time of incident etc as i mention it is now may to contact me i take that as ignoring completly anyhing i and my solicitor have sent ie one letter to customer care giving them 28 days to reply and letter to dennis wormwell and stilll no response

Thebrotherhoodofthebell's reply to Anitakeane's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

They can pass on to your lawyer some contact details and case notes that they had, you can also call them.

“The Esplanade Paignton”

Written on: 30/03/2014 by JohnathanHarper239 (1 review written)

This was our 4th. visit to the Esplanade Hotel in Paignton and we were pleased to find our room had been re decorated, lovely colours but the bathroom was a bit disappointing - bath had odd taps and there was no shower, think an attachment could have been fitted, but it was clean and usable. Food excellent as usual with plenty of choice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel as in a good position to visit places in Devon… Read Full Review

“Just come back from The George Hotel at Chollerford ”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Edith128 (1 review written)

We have just come back from staying at The George Hotel, Chollerford. We asked for quiet room before we went and were given room 118 which offered a lovely view of the bridge and was situated in a quiet part of the hotel. The food was of a very high standard and we enjoyed all the meals. Room lovely, location also good. Staff 10/10. However Trip is advised in the Shearing Brochure as Hsdrian's Wall, but you only drive along side of the road!! apparently none of the visitor centres along the… Read Full Review

“Royal Hotel Whitby”

Written on: 26/02/2014 by uoBaker19 (1 review written)

I have been staying at the Royal for 18 years, beautiful sea views, breathtaking. The food is of good quality & a good variety. Staff very helpful & pleasant. Entertainment is good. However the bedrooms are in desperate need of upgrading after 18 years they are still the same & getting shabby - Shearings please upgrade & return theis lovely old Hotel to it,s former glory!… Read Full Review

“1st coach hols”

Written on: 24/02/2014 by suemountjoy (1 review written)

1st coach holiday abroad and didn't no what to expect, went lake como with a very friendly group of fellow travellers, drivers were very nice, he kept us toped up with hot drinks.plenty of stops on way.hotel really lovely and staff friendly and help full, paid extra 40 euroes on arrival to upgrade to room with view & balcony, recommend this as was well worth doing.trips included all good & paid extra for 3 more including St Moritz & the Bernina express, not to be missed as was amazing. Our… Read Full Review

“get off”

Written on: 15/02/2014

even if you have reserved a seat sheerings will you to leave the coach if they haven't got the seat vacant… Read Full Review

Coachtraveller's Comment

Written on: 23/02/2014

Its a pity that the author of this review did not make the effort to construct a more informative sentence ,with correct English!!

“George @ Northumberland, ”

Written on: 03/02/2014

We had a very miserable time, its was freezing cold in our room and all the public rooms, so cold our hot food went cold before we could eat it, the staff were useless, we were told so many differents stories, no spa facilities available, when we wrote to Shearings, there reply was an insult, offering 25 pounds fuelled my determination to take our greavance to court. We have been good cudtomers for years but we will never travel with Shearing again… Read Full Review