Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets .177 Calibre 4. Reviews

Media Gallery for Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets .177 Calibre 4.

Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets .177 Calibre 4.
Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets .177 Calibre 4.

“SHOCKING!!!!!”

Written on: 23/02/2013 by danielthomps1 (2 reviews written)

bought these last week for my rifle as well as a new scope found the pellets to be absolutely rubbish and threw them out, after 4 hours of trying to zero my scope at 25 yards i didnt get a single grouping of more than 3 pellets, i bought rws hobby pellet yesterday and it took me about 10 minutes to zero at 35 yards and im grouping 5 pellets within a a 5p coin at 35 yards… Read Full Review

“LANES pellets are the ones that the [griffon] chinese...”

Written on: 24/04/2011 by BBdoc (1 review written)

LANES pellets are the ones that the [griffon] chinese bullpup takedown airgun was designed to take in the tenshot stick magazine!If you can find this gun then grab it cos it's one of the most powerful .177's you'll ever come across and the {LANES} pell is just the right stubby size to fit and cycles perfectly in the [griffon]regards jason -m of the rgf Thing I would like to know is what other pells than the [bulldog] are made by the company and are any brochures available?… Read Full Review

“Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets are brilliant...”

Written on: 27/06/2009 by James seaton (1 review written)

Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets are brilliant pellets! Good value for money but a bit too light, and and I think they are made out of a bad material. You cant beat bulldogs for long distance plinking and target practice.I'm going to get some now, I can't wait to shoot them. they are my regular pellets because are good value for money. Pretty good pellets!… Read Full Review

“ Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets are without a...”

Written on: 18/06/2009 by joel vian (1 review written)

Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets are without a doubt the worst pellets I have ever used. Just purchased a tub of 500, could not even hit a drinks can at 20 ft. When I shot at a target the spread of hits varied by at least 20cm! Do not ever buy this product, not fit for purpose… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to 467822_joel vian's Review

Written on: 28/09/2009

I found this review not helpful because it doesn't mention which gun was used and maybe says more about Joel's shooting ability than the the quality of the pellets which I have found more than adequate for general purpose use. I find I can easily hit a drinks can at seven long paces with Lanes Bulldog pellets fired from my Smith & Wesson 586 6" and especially my Baikal IZH 61. I can buy these pellets for HALF the price of some other brands and in these belt-tightening times that just has to be good!

☆☆☆☆☆

“A guy i know has recently bought a spring airgun from...”

Written on: 26/04/2009

A guy i know has recently bought a spring airgun from the local gun shop and also with it came these pellets.Well......He could not zero his gun in so brought it to me...I took one look at the pointed pellets and thought this was probably where the problem was and was it!!.....I have been using airguns for over 30 years using many pellets over those 3o years but these are the worst i have ever seen!...The Bulldog by Lanes Air Rifle Pellets are all shapes and seem to be oxidising?.....I could… Read Full Review

“Suitable for plinking at a range of less than 20 yds...”

Written on: 12/08/2008

Suitable for plinking at a range of less than 20 yds - shocking perfornance, bought them blind from the internet, mind you i understand why they give you 125 free ones in a tin ! - save your money… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“That's an understatement if ever. Through my HW100...”

Written on: 24/07/2008

That's an understatement if ever. Through my HW100 which shoots one hole groups at 40yds on still day when loaded up with these pellets sometimes miss the 7x7 inch target paper! I would not recommend these pellets, let the company know we wont stand for this rubbish to be made and put on shelves next to the like of air arms and daystate pellets.
Absolute Rubbish… Read Full Review

417696_Tonail's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2008

i think they are brillient. by far the best pellets ive had in a long time they are an old english firm that preduces good quality goods. also remember, us brits dont make much nowadays and its nice to see lanes out and about. so give them a try it wont hurt

“'Bulldogs' were the first airgun pellets I ever...”

Written on: 14/06/2004 by Rob m (1 review written)

'Bulldogs' were the first airgun pellets I ever bought, I have to say that the quality nowadays seems much better than it did twenty-plus years ago. I do a lot of plinking (that is, informal target shooting for fun) and use lots of Bulldogs, they go very well in my Webley pistols and are excellent value for money, plus they are a very old British brand. I am really pleased to see these being sold in a few more outlets and definitely wish 'Lane's Pellets LTD' all the best... I will definiely… Read Full Review

“This brand of pellet available from Lanes Pellets Ltd,...”

Written on: 15/01/2004 by Bertie (27 reviews written)

This brand of pellet available from Lanes Pellets Ltd, York, England, must have been around for at least 60 years as I clearly remember them when I was a boy. I paid £1.75 for a tub of 500 (nominal) - and no, I didn't count them.
The only .177 air rifle I have is a Baikal IZH-61 and these Bulldogs gave a slightly higher reading on my ballistic pendulum than my normal .177 Hobby.
They also shot great with my Smith & Wesson 586 CO2 revolver.
If you can find them at the price I paid then you've… Read Full Review

Thumper's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 29/01/2004

Are ballistic pendulums accurate? where would you get one as I havent seen them for sale anywhere.

Mrsheepdog's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 08/12/2008

Lanes pellets 'Rubbish'<br/>Just starting back in target shooting
<br/>I was sold them as correct ones for my rifle, just look at them Dull Grey colour not bright as other pellets lowest rate on Chronograph. Cannot find lanes web site. Pellets a Waste of money, I am all for buying British, BUT. Not even suitable for plinking

Bertie's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 02/02/2004

Thumper... Do you want to put your e-mail adress on here and if not, is there another way I can send them?
<br>Bertie.

Thumper's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 31/01/2004

If you could send me the details with pics it would be greatly appreciated, I love making stuff to do with shooting, also the wait for the new combro is starting to really annoy me.

Bertie's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 30/01/2004

Thumper....I haven't seen one advertised for many years. I think the availability of cheap(ish) chronos may have put them out of favour.
<br>A pendulum has a lot going for it though if you want a quick comparison of ME like when your testing lots of pellets. And it can be used on the kitchen table!
<br>My job is home made and has reasonably accurate calibration marks at 6 and 12 ft.lbs. being made with the assistance of a Sharp Innova, Brocock pistol and somebody's sophisticated measuring equipment.
<br>It was quite easy to make from 'everyday' materials - I have pics on the hard drive.