Webley Tomahawk Reviews

Webley Tomahawk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Webley Tomahawk

Webley Tomahawk
Webley Tomahawk

“i am totally content w/ my webley tomahawk. there is...”

Written on: 27/06/2009 by ranedouglas (1 review written)

i am totally content w/ my webley tomahawk. there is so much bad press about the turkish-made webleys that it made this gun VERY affordable. i have been comparing it to my rws 350 and the 350 mag wins only one of the categories - velocity. this gun was advertised @ 1000 fps. mine shoots about 850. this is the ONLY disappoint i had - and the reason i gave it a 9 instead of ten. the woodwork is completely outstanding. the mechanics are very tight and smooth and will likely last more… Read Full Review

“The Webley Tomahawk looks great and shoots great. No...”

Written on: 18/02/2009

The Webley Tomahawk looks great and shoots great. No longer made in the UK : ( This is on instance where you get what you paid for!… Read Full Review

“Fell in love when I first saw the Webley Tomahawk....”

Written on: 29/11/2005 by yana (1 review written)

Fell in love when I first saw the Webley Tomahawk. Bought it immediately. Was kinda shocked by it's shooting behaviour though; kicks even more than my Patriot! due to the light weight and power. So I had it Venom tuned.
It's not so easy to shoot accurately, not as easy as my HW's and AA though. Requires more marksmanship; it's more holdsensitive.
Still think it's the best looking springer ever made though. It just takes some practice.
It's too expensive in Holland though, can't compete with… Read Full Review

“The Webley Tomahawk is an excellent air rifle in look...”

Written on: 18/05/2005 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

The Webley Tomahawk is an excellent air rifle in look and feel, powerful and accurate, very smooth in operation and just a beautiful air rifle. The trigger was crisp and broke clean this rifle had the shorter barrel and was in .22 caliber. This is one nice air rifle the Brits make a nice rifle and do it with style, shaken not stirred.

Top notch quailty, nice stock, excellent bluing and great method of releasing the safety, accurate and very powerful. Nice big man rifle probably would feel… Read Full Review

“Bought it with a deerhunter 3-9x40 scope and haven't...”

Written on: 01/02/2004 by Jackalite (11 reviews written)

Bought it with a deerhunter 3-9x40 scope and haven't missed a target yet.
It IS quite heavy for me but thats all to do with stature. The muzzle is top quality as is the whole gun. Webley are an awesome make of air rifles and they continue to amaze. British guns can't be surprassed..FACT!… Read Full Review

Yogi 9000's Response to Jackalite's Review

Written on: 16/02/2004

I TOTALLY agree with your review i got a tomahawk
<br>for my birthday and yes it is heavy with a lot of recoil but is truly an awsome rifle I out shot my mates ox sprung hw77 which he was miffed about but yes an amazing gun

180249_Rob005's Response to Jackalite's Review

Written on: 24/12/2004

I am thinking of getting this gun but I would also like a cometa 300, why would recommend this gun instead of the Cometa. And how much did it cost? The cometa 300 is £200 with 1 peice mounts and a webly 3-9x40 scope, but I will have to wait for Christmas next year, because my mum and dad say i've got 2 air guns as it is now.

Gusblake's Response to Jackalite's Review

Written on: 21/12/2004

Was your rifle new when you got it, and how much was it?

“I popped for the Venom version of the Tomahawk,...”

Written on: 30/07/2003 by beammeupscotty. (1 review written)

I popped for the Venom version of the Tomahawk, purchased from Mac1. I am not really a springer shooter, preferring CO2 or PCP, but I love the concept of the springer so I decided to try this one out. So far, so good. I am still in the springer learning curve, and my Tomahawk is still in the breaking in stage (under 1000 shots), but so far I rather like this gun. It kicks hard, putting out just about exactly 20 fpe, and its lightness amplifiys the kick, but I opted for the Tomahawk over a… Read Full Review

“I purchased this Webley Tomahawk airgun as a...”

Written on: 02/07/2002 by Dan. (1 review written)

I purchased this Webley Tomahawk airgun as a pest/plinker. Didn't expect the degree of accuracy that has been experienced. Features and performance per dollar are good value. The stock could have used a little fine sanding prior to sending out the door, but the lines and grain are beautiful. Many more expensive guns come with less features… Read Full Review

Earl Holstein.'s Response to 29783_Dan.'s Review

Written on: 30/09/2002

i agree totally with this review. my tomahawk performs exactly the same. the stock pulled my beard nearly every shot! the shock of the recoil drives the short whiskers in, and doesn't let go! i'll be bald on one cheek soon! my next move will be fine sanding, and tongue oil. but then, what a shooter!clothespins at fiftyfive yards is not too much to expect.

“The Webley Tomahawk air rifle looks modern with its...”

Written on: 26/05/2002 by Mr_B. (1 review written)

The Webley Tomahawk air rifle looks modern with its main line running down either side of the stock. Easy to load, very powerful and little recoil. My Simmons 3-9 x 40 scope fits nicely on the top and together make an excellent combination. Feels well made, and it should be for the price!

I found the rifle online for £189 from the above website… Read Full Review

R Karlovich's Response to Mr_B.'s Review

Written on: 31/10/2003

Maybe I was shooting a different air rifle, but I thought my .22 Tomahawk had a tremendous kick for an air rifle.
<br>I sold mine last year because I got frustrated with the accuracy and how the vibration affected my scope stability.

“You won't get a better springer than the Webley...”

Written on: 23/05/2002 by james stannard. (1 review written)

You won't get a better springer than the Webley Tomahawk. It's as accurate as any middle range pre charged when handled right. It has no less than 12ftlbs of power, it looks the part and it's not expensive. Superb value for money… Read Full Review

“Webley have managed too make their top of the range...”

Written on: 21/05/2002 by Lloyd. (1 review written)

Webley have managed too make their top of the range springer less accurate than their bottom of the range , with dreadful handling, sluggish recoil and a big fat uncomfortable pistol grip. Basically Webley should be ashamed , and its not surprising nobodys buying them . Stick with the Exocet and stingray… Read Full Review

49417_Happy.'s Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 08/11/2002

If you learnt how to stand properly the recoil would not be a problem. Pistol grip? if you zeroed in your scope you would be able to put up to 10 shots in a 10mm circle at 40m considering you know how to shoot.

Sifu456's Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 19/05/2008

Shoot a Tomahawk at out 80 yard air rifle range the rifle performed admirably with power and accuracy. It was the best rifle on the range that day making consistant hits on 4" clays at 80 yards one shot right after another and dime size groups at 25 yards. So I don't think that Tomahawks have a problem with there barrels.
<br/>
<br/>It's pistol grip is sort of wide but I have big hands so it feel good to me, I like everything about this air rifle but the price. Any quality air rifle will cost you the Tomahawk is R9 price not HW97 or TX200 price.

Ryanlopez4550's Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 22/02/2005

Hmmm I've never heard of any 30 foot pound claims... and also I've never heard anyone complain like this about the tomahawk!
<br>
<br>All the reviews and people I have talked to who have owned one say they love it...
<br>
<br>A lothar barrel being JUNK? I doubt it... I'll see for myself when I get mine though!

R Karlovich's Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2004

I totally agree with your assessment. These guys that disagree and bash our opinions must have wasted their money on a Tomahawk like I did - difference is they don\'t have (or haven\'t ever owned) anything else to honestly compare it to. I won\'t deny that Webley makes solid air rifles -
<br>some models better than others, but the Tomahawk just doesn\'t shoot to my satisfaction. Basically it shoots like a Kodiak with no velocity.

Yogi 9000's Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 16/02/2004

if you hate the tomahawk why did you buy one you obviously didnt research it it took me nearly a month to decide to get one and i think it is the best rifle i have ever had and ive had quite a few.

Bdcyberdaddy's Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 14/01/2004

kev, i have an HW97, which i like, but it is heavy, and for that reason i am thinking about getting an Exocet. you are obviously happy with yours; what caliber is it? .177 or .22? (i am sort of leaning toward the .22, only because i don't have an air rifle in that caliber). thanks.
<br>dave

113665_Boxlock.'s Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 07/07/2003

Having owned a small variety of quality spring guns, including FWB-127, R-1, TX-200, and BSA Super Sport, I've never been a fan of the sping piston powerplant. I generally prefer PCP and CO2 guns. I got see and handle a Tomahawk today, and almost bought it, but decided to research it first. You seem very unhappy with it's ergonomics, wich I found quite pleasant compared to the twelve or so other guns I handled side by side with it, including the Patriot, AA-PE, etc... I can't help but wonder, if we would disagree as strongly on it's other characteristics. Yours appears to be the only negative review here. I think perhapse I will have to try it for myself, but think I will "Spring" for the improved Venom custom shop version.

85246_Kev.'s Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 01/04/2003

jim ,ive had all the guns you mention ,all are far to heavy and overated,i shoot a webley exocet and its fantastic ,i can hit a spent 12 bore cartridge at ranges that i couldnt even guess.as for the after sales service ,webley are the best ,one phone call and the spares are on the way foc .

76329_Jim.'s Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 28/02/2003

I agree with Lloyd, there are so many good springers now, Webley really should have come up with something better for the money. It is not in the same class as the AA TX200, Pro Sport, Pro Elite, HW77 HW97, any Of the Theoben Gasrams
Not wanting to sound as if I'm on a crusade against Webley, which I am not, but Guns such as the HW35 and the FWB 124 Sport from 25 yrs ago were better, Get your act together Webley or you'll go the same way as the British Motor Cycle industry.

49650_Lloyd.'s Response to 24158_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 09/11/2002

I have learnt how to stand properly, the recoil is still there, affecting the way the gun shoots , and a 10mm group at 40yards? tell me another one. Did you know that Webley admitted there was a problem with this gun, the barrel quality was dreadful and the advertised 30ft/lb was a fantasy. The gun was dreadful, and everybody i know who bought one and quickly sold it agree with me, so please don't resort to the " well you obviously can't shoot nonsense"

“I've been shooting air rifles for a number of years...”

Written on: 16/05/2002 by Lloyd Garland. (1 review written)

I've been shooting air rifles for a number of years now, and have found the Webley Tomahawk to be every bit as good as my old Vulcan. Consistant power and accuracy with every shot. I've used "good" pellets, I've used "bad" pellets, and this rifle gets the best from them all. Crossman Powapels shoot best so far, but the cheapie Milbro ones shoot well too! Great rifle, better than I expected, accept no substitute… Read Full Review

“I have been shooting air guns for years now, and the...”

Written on: 21/01/2002 by Ally. (1 review written)

I have been shooting air guns for years now, and the webley tomahawk .177 is by far the best. Its accurate-when zeroing in my scope, i shot a pellet, then another, which i discoverd whent throught the same hole, 5 shots later i had a hole the size of a .25 pellet. It's bang on the legal limit, enough to topple bunnies out to 45m+, consistently. With the walnut stock, checkerd grips and its chamferd down either side its looks as good as it shoots.

This gun is brilliant, get one!… Read Full Review