Phoenix School of Health & Beauty Reviews

Phoenix School of Health & Beauty - Ask a question now

“I was one of the first tranche of students to go...”

Written on: 04/06/2009 by victoriag (1 review written)

I was one of the first tranche of students to go through Phoenix when it was still located at the Marconi centre.

I can honestly say the training I received was excellent. The course content was full and concise and the support (given that there were only 2 full time and a couple of part-time tutors at the time) was second to none.

I would happily recommend Phoenix to anyone. She is nurturing and encouraging to all her students and it's definitely worth spending the extra to go to Phoenix… Read Full Review

“I think the Phoenix School of Health & Beauty could be...”

Written on: 22/02/2009 by Chilled (1 review written)

I think the Phoenix School of Health & Beauty could be really very good and the students could have a much nicer time if they got the feeling the tutors were too. Some tutors will inspire you to do better, and others will make you feel as though you need to! !… Read Full Review

“I did my A&P/Swedish Body here last year, whilst at...”

Written on: 09/05/2007 by SWILLIS (1 review written)

I did my A&P/Swedish Body here last year, whilst at times it was frustrating I would use them again, I think there was a lot of confusion early on when the course began but this seemed to right itself as time went on, I completed my course and passed with a distinction which I was really pleased about as an older student. Thanks to this course it has really set my business on its way. Staff were always ready to help and very professional and friendly. I would recommend and use again… Read Full Review

“The Phoenix School of Health & Beauty's reputation is...”

Written on: 17/04/2007 by V Arrowsmith (1 review written)

The Phoenix School of Health & Beauty's reputation is regarded as one of the highest in Essex, and the standard of training, hygiene, knowledge and support is first class.

I would highly recommend this School to anyone thinking of training to become a Beauty or Holistic Therapist, and also Therapists currently in the industry looking to update/enhance their skills… Read Full Review

“I attended the Swedish Body Massage/A&P course in Sept...”

Written on: 16/04/2007 by a1smithy (1 review written)

I attended the Swedish Body Massage/A&P course in Sept 06. I have to admit I have attended better courses, the whole course was a bit disorganized, Unfortunately if I had known exactly how long the course was going to take before receiving your certificate I would have gone else where. The course was advertised over 12 weeks, but unfortunately the web site does not tell you that you can be waiting a few months before doing your practical exam and then its a long wait for your certificate… Read Full Review

Nailsinc's Response to 285755_a1smithy's Review

Written on: 27/09/2007

One of the strengths of this school is that they offer a lifelong guarantee of education and training. Most schools cut you off at the end and if you don't achieve then tough. Phoenix offer the opportunity for students who are committed, to use their treatment studio and there clients in a safe supported environment to achieve quickly, however if like me, like gets in the way and you need more time, you can still get support and tuition a year after completing the course. The interview is through and staff make no excuses for the standards that need to be achieved, however the support is there from beginning to end.

“Don't expect an easy ride - if you do something wrong,...”

Written on: 12/04/2007 by Louise Antoniou (1 review written)

Don't expect an easy ride - if you do something wrong, they'll tell you. The school is training adults to go out into the big wide world and survive and succeed as professional therapists.

I've found the training and support offered by Phoenix Health and Beauty to be excellent, and I think many of the other students will agree with me, as we just keep coming back to do more and more training! The classes are small, and therefore I feel all the students receive loads of individual attention… Read Full Review

“Will and have recommended students to the Phoenix...”

Written on: 12/04/2007 by jricher (1 review written)

Will and have recommended students to the Phoenix School of Health & Beauty!… Read Full Review

Shs's Response to jricher's Review

Written on: 09/05/2007

I have spoken to City & Guilds directly and they said that under no circumstances would they change a course half way through, if anything that would suggest that a course was delayed until they were absolutely sure of what the course would contain.

Nailsinc's Response to jricher's Review

Written on: 27/09/2007

In February 2006 City & Guilds gained accreditation for the new Diplomas and new students would not be able to be registered on to the old scheme. The centre decided that it was in the student best interests to work towards the new qualification to save them from finding they were completing outside the accreditation time frame. This will always cause some confusion on change over to new documentation.

“I have almost completed my City Guilds level 2 beauty,...”

Written on: 11/04/2007 by andreouanita (1 review written)

I have almost completed my City Guilds level 2 beauty, and also two additional courses at the Phoenix School of Health & Beauty. I have really enjoyed my experience at Phoenix, and I would say this was due to a well structured and organised course. The course tutors and additional staff have always been very helpful, supportive and kept me well informed and up-to-date of course information with regards to exam dates etc.

The school has a lovely comfortable atmosphere, and with small class… Read Full Review

“Speaking from personal experience, I have only the...”

Written on: 11/04/2007 by SPope (1 review written)

Speaking from personal experience, I have only the highest regard for them. I have recommended many friends to the college, and all of them have been more than satisfied with the courses and the training.

I was one of the first students at the Phoenix School of Health & Beauty over 5 years ago, and I still have ongoing support in my career within the beauty industry… Read Full Review

“Great experience.... hard work but very worth while!!!!!”

Written on: 07/04/2007 by sally haley (1 review written)

Great experience.... hard work but very worth while!!!!!… Read Full Review

Shs's Response to 284692_sally haley's Review

Written on: 09/05/2007

I disagree that an honest review "portrays lack of self esteem, lack of determination, and to me they are obviously perusing the wrong career" . the only thing that it does show is that this is an honest opinion of the school. In fact if more people were honest about their time spent there you would probable find more reviews like this, obviously some people don't have any backbone to admit that the courses are not all that they are made out to be. There are courses out there that yes may cost a little more money but the quality of teaching is certainly a lot better and worth that little extra

404191_Ob's Response to 284692_sally haley's Review

Written on: 24/09/2008

Sally in all fairness I think these reviews are just and honest... I feel that phoenix is not all its cracked up to be and there seems to be little support both during your course and afterwards. I disagree that people who have wrote these reviews are in the wrong profession and before you make a judgement on the fellow commentors you might like to check your own spelling!

“The whole course at Phoenix School of Health & Beauty...”

Written on: 06/02/2007 by shs (1 review written)

The whole course at Phoenix School of Health & Beauty was very unorganised. There were no clear dates of when the final exam is, and to be given wrong course papers when half way through completing is totally unacceptable. The tutor was very disorganised, and the course became very frustrating as there was no consistency to the work… Read Full Review

284692_Sally Haley's Response to shs's Review

Written on: 12/04/2007

My experience of Pheonix School of health and beauty, great baddow, is one of 'excellence'. All of the staff are welcoming and helpfull. They will help you with any aspect of learning or concerns you may have, which was great for me, someone who had not studied for a very long time. The course work was flowing and from day one I was given homework to help me on my way to complete the course work required. I highly recommend this beauty school, not only is it in tranquil surroundings the building and the facilities are of a five star quality. I have completed over a year of studies here and will continue to do so.

Shs's Response to shs's Review

Written on: 28/09/2007

nailsinc,
<br/>Thanks for comment, but for your information I did actually complete course and pass, and now run a very successful business, thanks for your input on my course though.

Nailsinc's Response to shs's Review

Written on: 27/09/2007

I disagree with this review because...the reason you have not completed is that you haven't done the work required.