Betta Siamese Fighting Fish Reviews

Betta Siamese Fighting Fish - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Betta Siamese Fighting Fish

Betta Siamese Fighting Fish
Betta Siamese Fighting Fish

“The Betta Siamese Fighting Fish is a beautiful...”

Written on: 16/03/2009 by Sahir1122 (1 review written)

The Betta Siamese Fighting Fish is a beautiful fish! The fish is very dangerous for other male fishes… Read Full Review

“Betta Siamese Fighting Fish are gorgeous and beautiful”

Written on: 10/02/2009

Betta Siamese Fighting Fish are gorgeous and beautiful
- Don't need an air pump/air stone
- Don't need a very big tank (although that would be ideal)
- Fairly cheap
- Good for beginners, hardy fish. I love Bettas of all kinds. They are amazing to look at with those long fins, range of colours, and such unique personalities. I have one (rescued from Wal-Mart) and made an amazing recovery and just fell in love with the hobby of Betta keeping. GREATLY recommended. Bad points are: - Cannot live with… Read Full Review

“Betta Siamese Fighting Fish is a good looking fish lol...”

Written on: 24/01/2009

Betta Siamese Fighting Fish is a good looking fish lol , active just simply the best thing. Eats well fed once a day as instructed. Dropped more than once trying to change water but still goin strong… Read Full Review

“I had a Siamese fighting fish, his name was oscar and...”

Written on: 24/09/2008

I had a Siamese fighting fish, his name was oscar and he was a dark purple, I loved him heaps, but lately he had been lying on the bottom of the tank and wasn't moving much and unfortunately he passed away… Read Full Review

Allen123's Comment

Written on: 09/10/2013

First of all it is very difficult to increase the life span of betta fish but nothing is impossible.You all should know to take care of betta fish but now it is very easy and can increase life span of your fish.

“I loved how beautiful Betta Siamese Fighting Fish are...”

Written on: 17/08/2008

I loved how beautiful Betta Siamese Fighting Fish are it's like watching a rainbow! My first female fish was so spunky but a few days later i got a male fish and he was so aggresive to the female while he was at the top she was hiding in a water plant! Awesome, great fish… Read Full Review

“I have to be honest the only thing I don't like about...”

Written on: 13/08/2008 by Reesy1989 (1 review written)

I have to be honest the only thing I don't like about my betta is that I was unable to find the right diet. I tried blood worm mixture of nutrients...frozen blood worms mosquito larvea flakes pellets. My Betta was a pain as he didn't seem to want to eat anything.
Finally when I started putting small portions in he seemed to start eating them.

Although mine was pet shop bought and I heard they are more boring or something I'm not sure.

Still love the little guy though… Read Full Review

“I have a Red Betta Fish called Rocky. I keep him in a...”

Written on: 12/08/2008 by Reesy1989 (1 review written)

I have a Red Betta Fish called Rocky. I keep him in a 20 gallon tank all on his own. Personally just because they can live in small bowls doesn't mean they should have to.

I have had rocky for 2 months. I have a heater that stays on all the time however it only maintains the temp and isn't always on and I only have the filter on during the night as the plants use the oxygen in the water to respire. Strangely it doesn't actually cost that much on the electric bills

I have a varied diet for… Read Full Review

Blhok's Response to 391315_Reesy1989's Review

Written on: 11/10/2008

Please have your filter on 24/7 as there will be beneficial bacteria in there to neutralise the fish waste and the bacteria will die if it doesn't have a flow of oxygenated water. Cheers

“I just got my siamese fighting fish today and he's a...”

Written on: 25/07/2008

I just got my siamese fighting fish today and he's a beautiful blue. he is my first fish and he is very entertaining. i love him already… Read Full Review

“no two betta's are alike. they have the cutest little...”

Written on: 19/07/2008 by jgirl106 (1 review written)

no two betta's are alike. they have the cutest little personalities. they are playful and recognize their owners, they will swim from one side of the tank to another to follow you. the males are beautiful but I have to say the little females are so spunky and adorable.

I have a 20 gallon tank divided in 3 sections for my 3 bettas. And a 10 gallon tank with betta fry. I never thought fish can be this smart… Read Full Review

“I just got a Betta Siamese Fighting Fish about 2 1/2...”

Written on: 01/06/2008

I just got a Betta Siamese Fighting Fish about 2 1/2 days ago. Already he seems to have adapted to his new family. He is a beautiful yellow gold color like i have never seen. He is our first pet and already we love him. Sometimes i sing to him. He recognizes me when i get home. I am curious.. what type of fish can swim with him safely in the tank? Also, how can u tell how old he is? I think that mine may still be a baby. I know this may be a silly question but how do fish sleep?… Read Full Review

“my friend gave me her betta, as she got bored of it,...”

Written on: 27/05/2008

my friend gave me her betta, as she got bored of it, but it doesnt seem to do anything - it just sits there looking unhappy. It stays still most of the time and so i am paranoid that its dead. I usually feed it flakes, but would like to feed it some live fish. any ideas?… Read Full Review

“They are beautiful, easy to look after ,and cheap to...”

Written on: 06/04/2008 by musrt345 (1 review written)

They are beautiful, easy to look after ,and cheap to keep. Can survive in very small tanks, but they won't be very happy and i strongly strongly advise you to keep him in more than a 3 gallon, with hiding places, with heater and filtration he will be much happier. All the bad points will go away if you keep him on his own… Read Full Review

“Overall i think it is a wonderful fish to care for and...”

Written on: 08/12/2007

Overall i think it is a wonderful fish to care for and is ideal for beginners… Read Full Review

“I own one Siamese fighting male, and from my...”

Written on: 09/09/2007 by cordial86 (1 review written)

I own one Siamese fighting male, and from my experience I find that this breed is one of the best tropical fish someone can care for, and the most rewarding. They are so attractive, fun and loving. Mine is a very dark blue bodied fish, with light blue and red fins. I have been able to train my fish to follow my finger through obstacles, and I am always able to get the full attention of the fish. They are an easy breed to keep, as they don't require any apparatus.

My next step is to change… Read Full Review

355603_Raven Le Hane's Response to cordial86's Review

Written on: 31/03/2008

You should remove the female and leave the male with the bubble nest as the male guards it. He will be happier near it.

“I currently have my cambodian coloured siamese...”

Written on: 27/02/2007 by nicholashopton (5 reviews written)

I currently have my cambodian coloured siamese fighting fish in a tank with 2 black mollies and 8 prestella tetras. He spends most of his time investigating the tank on his own but is often seen in close proximity to the two mollies, they enjoy a little swim together amongst the plants.
I find he has no problem with the tetras, and they no longer even feel that they have to school tightly and will happily let him in amongst them. My girlfriend absolutely adores the relaxing nature of the bright… Read Full Review

“A fantastic looking fish with great personalities....”

Written on: 10/07/2006 by keith565 (2 reviews written)

A fantastic looking fish with great personalities. They are majestic to watch and are always looking for trouble,lol.
If kept in good conditions will give 2-3 years of pleasure.
Are very interesting to breed once you have gained enough experience keeping them… Read Full Review

Missdibdabs's Response to keith565's Review

Written on: 25/06/2007

Yay Keith! All very true. If only people keep to those so basic rules.

“I love Betta's. I keep a great many of them, and I am...”

Written on: 30/06/2006 by MissDibDabs (3 reviews written)

I love Betta's. I keep a great many of them, and I am a member of the IBC. These beautiful fish have fantastic personalities, and they respond to their owners in a friendly manner. All are so different, with different wants and needs. Don't be fooled by some of the poor looking creatures in fish stores. These are an addictive fish. I know, I currently own 27!

As you can no doubt tell, Betta Siamese Fighting Fish are a passion of mine, of which I cannot possibly do them justice in these spaces… Read Full Review

Mystix212's Response to MissDibDabs's Review

Written on: 18/01/2007

They are community fish. Just fin nipping fish can't be mixed and aggressive ones. I house my Betta Siamese Fighting Fish with
<br/>2 Angel Fish
<br/>7 Mollies
<br/>1 Red-Tail Black Shark
<br/>2 Plecos
<br/>
<br/>And the cool thing is, he will just sit in the plants and look at you nicely, and he is always out front and center. No fish has tried to interrupt his space, even though he doesn't care, nor has he even tried to follow any fish looking for food. He eats Betta pellets, bloodworms and the occasional flake if he wants a sample.

Mystix212's Response to MissDibDabs's Review

Written on: 21/01/2007

Because we have such a large filter in a very dense planted aquarium, I made a pipe with lots of holes in it that give water out, so the current isn't big. Also it's at the very back of the tank - Betta at the front. I've had most of those fish for a good 5 months now. The Betta being a farley new addition. 6 weeks ago. The angels are only 4 inches long from tip of the mouth to tip of the tail (short tail species).
<br/>125 G Tank.

Missdibdabs's Response to MissDibDabs's Review

Written on: 18/01/2007

I have to ask what size your tank is! It must be a fair size for that many fish. Also, how long have they been together like that. As they grow up to adulthood the angels will pick on the Betta, the fast swimming fish will upset him and may start to nip. Alternatively, he may start attacking them. He will also become stressed in such a large tank with so many fish. And the filter you must have running will also cause him struggles. I highly doubt he'll bubblenest either. In the end, male Betta's like their own space and most don't like to share. For those that do, a smaller tank with a few companions, like Harlequins, are good, with the added bonus that the filtration doesn't need to be high and won't upset him.
<br>
<br/>I'm glad all is fine right now, and I hope it lasts, but normally it's a disaster waiting to happen.

“I think that the Beta Siamese Fighting fish is...”

Written on: 11/10/2005 by sc1234 (7 reviews written)

I think that the Beta Siamese Fighting fish is physically beautiful, however, on a personality basis it is only active when presented with another fish it is able to fight with, otherwise it is inactive and usually boring. These fish also die easily from my experience… Read Full Review

Keith565's Response to sc1234's Review

Written on: 10/07/2006

in my experience, only poor quality fish or poor conditions are usually responsible for them dying.

“I have two male Beta Siamese Fighting Fish, very...”

Written on: 20/08/2005 by jaclynsue (1 review written)

I have two male Beta Siamese Fighting Fish, very colorful, I recently decided to put my fish in separate bowls, after noticing they died after trying to get one another in the bowl divided by a wall I think this stressed them out, now they are separate.
And very happy. By the way their names are Starsky & Hutch, they are way cool… Read Full Review

“Hello, I have a beta named Simon Cowell III, he is at...”

Written on: 16/04/2005 by yourmomma (1 review written)

Hello, I have a beta named Simon Cowell III, he is at the office where i work. He lives in a vase with a plant on top. He loves to swim around the roots and hang in them like he is in a hammack. When I was on vacation I asked the ladies in the office to please feed Simon. They all fed Simon, he eats a lot. I change his water once a week, the other day my friend let me know that he was blowing bubbles on top of the water. I do believe he enjoys that. When he is hungry he will stare at me. He… Read Full Review