Roberts R250 Reviews

Height: 15.2 cm
Width: 23.6 cm
Depth: 9.9 cm

Roberts R250

“This radio looks good on the shelf, but in terms of...”

Written on: 28/02/2011

This radio looks good on the shelf, but in terms of quality and performance it is a disappointment. The sound quality is poor (the speaker being tiny) and the thin leatherette covering has torn in several places, despite only light use and careful handling. It is definitely not worth nearly £100; my 25 year old Ferguson 3R07 (£29.95 from Argos in 1985 and still working!)is actually a better set.
It would seem that Roberts are trading on their name rather than their products these days, and if you… Read Full Review

Roberts R250

“I give the R250 5 stars. I collect and restore vintage...”

Written on: 30/10/2009

I give the R250 5 stars. I collect and restore vintage tube radios so I'm usually not excited by repro radios.

After I'd received the radio for a birthday present, due to the price I was planning on making up an excuse to send it back. That was before I took it out of the box, and smelled the leather and was taken by its stunning beauty, continues back lighted dial, sound and incredible long range sensitivity.

It has all the quality of a great vintage radio, and is destined to be a vintage… Read Full Review