Volkswagen Polo 1.4 SE (80ps) Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Volkswagen Polo 1.4 SE (80ps) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Volkswagen Polo 1.4 SE (80ps)

Volkswagen Polo 1.4 SE (80ps)
Volkswagen Polo 1.4 SE (80ps)

“The Volkswagen Polo 1.4 SE is brilliant a really...”

Written on: 03/09/2009

The Volkswagen Polo 1.4 SE is brilliant a really smooth ride. … Read Full Review

“An excellent, reliable and economical car that I'd...”

Written on: 26/12/2008

An excellent, reliable and economical car that I'd recommend to anyone. The TDI engine gives better acceleration than I really want or need. Given the choice I'd rather forego sporty 0-60mph figures for even better fuel economy that used to come with the VW SDI engine. Not enough people were opting for SDI engines, renowed for fuel economy and longevity, so VW have withdrawn that option. The 0 - 60mph customers were happy to sacrifice 10mpg off fuel figures. Not me and I still long for the SDI… Read Full Review

“I recently had a Black MK5 VW Polo 1.4 SE 2008 (08),...”

Written on: 06/08/2008 by Pete N (11 reviews written)

I recently had a Black MK5 VW Polo 1.4 SE 2008 (08), before this I had the 1.2 Polo MK4 model, I cant believe the difference in the drive between these two cars. The new Polo to me has improved that much its staggering, VW really now I feel are miles in front of Ford Fiestas, Vauxhall Corsas, Renault Clios... The drive on this can be compared to an Audi A3 and a BMW 1 Series in my opinion. However, when you consider the price its quite hard to believe how good this car is for value for money.
I… Read Full Review

1Fotobear's Response to Pete N's Review

Written on: 09/08/2008

It's just a shame it doesn't have the good looks of the previous model. And wouldn't you expect a better drive from a car with an 80PS engine, compared to the 1.2l Polo?

“I have owned many VW's before, including older...”

Written on: 16/11/2007 by Geoff Hy (4 reviews written)

I have owned many VW's before, including older second/third hand Golf's and even Passat's, but this (almost new) Volkswagen Polo 1.4 SE drives almost better than any of the 'bigger' family members. Granted mine only had 3.000 miles on it and the previous owner had done only motorway distances with it, so the car feels like it is brand new still. I love the pretty responsive 1.4 engine and the german build quality is superb. My last VW was a Polo too and I enjoyed that one thoroughly, the new… Read Full Review