Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Summary

Read user reviews of the Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi from customers past and present. Submit your own review and tell us what you think about this car.
Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr

Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr

“Loved my vectra , what a car”

Written on: 28/09/2014 by xnJenkins117 (1 review written)

I had a 2006 sri 150 estate with exterior pack , full leather etc and only criticism was spec was a little poor .. Other than that it was great to drive , 55mpg regular , never had a single issue and sold with 120,000 miles on it . Very fast and smooth and much nicer to drive than the horrendously unreliable mondeo zetec 130 tdci I had before . Load space was enormous as was rear passenger room . Only reason I sold was due to another child so need a 7 seater . Loved the engine so much and… Read Full Review

“Rubbish car ”

Written on: 25/05/2014 by bzLeonard117 (1 review written)

I bought this car with 10.000miles and 6 months life in 2006 from Vauxall garage in Peterborough. I have had so many problems with it that have costed me another £2000 thousands of pounds:egr, flap cooler system, alternator and others. dont buy as second hand car or it will cost you twice more than you pay for it at the end. me… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/05/2014

Today after 2 years I got the same problem with flap swirl and manifold again. The garage said about 600 pounds if not more troubles. Car now done 105.000 miles but will not repair it anymore.
I will speak and write to Vauxhall about it but will not buy another Vauxhall ever again.
carlo

“I LOVE IT!!”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by hotmam62 (1 review written)

I bought this car in Nottingham last October, it drives wonderfully. Even my son likes driving it! If your looking to get a car with a good amount of backseat space go for this one and save the months I spent looking for one to take hockey sticks… Read Full Review

“Best Car Ever”

Written on: 16/01/2014 by rafadelta (1 review written)

I love my Vectra SRI, when I bought this car after going through so many of them to find a balance between fuel consumption, space, reliability amd power it was the only one that grabbed my attention. … Read Full Review

“Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi [150]”

Written on: 16/11/2013 by rufino1991 (1 review written)

FANTASTIC CAR! I have only had the car for about 2 months now, and I absolutely love it! Drove down to Essex from nottingham and I couldn't believe how little the fuel cost was, I managed 148 miles on just £10.00!! The cruise control was especially brilliant. The car is ecceptional value for money, as I bought it for £3450.00 with 90k miles on the clock, nothing for a diesel. Overall the car is great, looks great, drives great and is comfortable. The only down side for me so far, is that I… Read Full Review

“vectra diesel cdti sri150bhp”

Written on: 18/09/2013

had my vectra sri 150bhp 56 plate for 15 months absolute pleasure to drive not one problem. 94000 miles on the clock when i bought it 102000 at the moment. 45 miles to the gallon loads of pulling power .loads of space for the family. having a remapp on wednesday on it . great car would recommend to any body… Read Full Review

“Don't waste your money!”

Written on: 04/03/2013

If you are looking at one in a second hand garage.. Then it's definitely there for a reason. Our 05 plate one is a money pit. We are now currently on the second alternator in just under 2 years, manifold replacement etc £1500 dual mass fly wheel replacement, clutch hydraulics and thermostat just recently. Suspension is awful and shoddy. I think we have paid for the car twice over already in just repairs! It's a financial nightmare and causing a lot of stress. Just stay well away from vauxhall… Read Full Review

Jamieboy's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2013

Had SRi Vectra 53 plate petrol for over 6 years never had one bit of problem with it think some of you guys have had bad luck cars that have been abused but there some nice ones out there which am trying to buy myself now.

Written on: 29/05/2014

I agree with you completely my friend.....i have had all the same problems and flap swirls/inlet manifold twice. lots of money and stay away from old Vectra or new Vectra please if you don't want to be insane. carlo

“Not SRi but SXi 150bhp”

Written on: 19/01/2013 by microlightpilot (1 review written)

As some negative concerns on here about the car but I can say mines a great car, boot much larger than my Focus deisel as is cabin space, much firmer on road and quicker better economy at 700 from full fuel tank and thats from home adress uk to middle of France, serviced regulary, only work done is discs and pads at 95k, just had cambelt and waterpump replaced thermostat, waterpump on removal was good as was thermostat but hey real good now,had a hic up last year with it missing but No 3… Read Full Review

“Vectra 1.9 elite diesel”

Written on: 28/12/2012 by Stfc1974 (1 review written)

Hate my car Dual mass fly wheel had to be changed at £945 Strut mount bearing on n/s went so changed that and now the other side has gone. Rear drop links changed and just had to change fronts as well Now to top it all off my alternator has just packed up. So feeling ready to scrap this piece of junk Not much to write home about… Read Full Review

“vectra sri 150 must have a bad one. money money money”

Written on: 27/11/2012

owned the car for 3 months and havent had it out the garage yet. new inlet manifold, had jamed and snapped flaps, egr jamed and clogged. still in limp mode. vauxhall said they couldnt find a fault code and charged me £60 for nothing. now there sayin its the high presure fuel pump £950 just for part and £80 a hour to fit it and its a 4 hour job. jokers so ive now brought 1 and cam belt with fitting £400. if it ever gets fixed i will be selling straight away and never buying a vauxhall again… Read Full Review

Easyrider2012's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2012

The manufactuer have always had a poor repuatation, not changed in 30 years, vauxhall dealerships must have very busy workshops !!!! All their models are piles of worthless junk. Ask any vehicle technician.

Written on: 29/05/2014

I agree with you completely my friend.....i have had all the same problems and flap swirls/inlet manifold problem twice. lots of money and stay away from old Vectra or new Vectra please if you don't want to be insane. carlo

“vectra 150 club 2004”

Written on: 23/11/2012 by P3DRO (1 review written)

i got the car with 80 k on the clock and at 85 k had to change to manifold but other than that very economical car pulls great 0-60 good legroom also good if i have to pick faults its the build quality is a bit poor and the parts used on the car could be alot better but its cheep and runs good so overall im happy with it all the problems you seem to get you can also get with others cars.so no matter what you buy your taking pot luck so be lucky and hope its trouble free motoring... p.s keep… Read Full Review

“great car vectra 150bhp cdti 1.9 sri”

Written on: 07/08/2012 by timmyboy19 (1 review written)

i have had this car for a very short while but so far so good drove to northampton and back from where i live in sussex and the fuel economy is fantastic could not believe how much little fuel i had used cruises great on cruise control its very quick to move however seeing some of the other reviews its shocking but think its just bad luck when you buy any car you take a chance on it and hope that nothing goes wrong but so far excellent choice of car as far as i am concerned… Read Full Review

“WORST CAR SO FAR!!!!!”

Written on: 19/05/2012 by neil.debeck (1 review written)

Likes: spacious, comfortable Dislikes: do not buy one of these Since i purchase the car in September 2011 on an 06 plate with 49,000 miles on the clock, it has been nothing but trouble. First thing to go was the alternator. Ok I know this could happen at any time but stranded me for many hours. Vauxhall fixed it for £490 vat reconditioned and £130 to be towed ( A new alternator would have cost around £800) Next was the alarm. This had a mind of its own. Would go off randomly, mainly at… Read Full Review

Dougsinnott's Response to neil.debeck's Review

Written on: 17/07/2012

Re Neil Debecks review!
I completely disagree with his comments!
He should take out breakdown cover,as it's saves getting ripped off by garages!
My alternator went on my Vectra 1.9 Cdti Elite.(after 6 years and 80,000 miles!),and after being towed home,I bought a new unit costing £89 off the Internet,and I was charged a further £60 to fit it,together with a new drive belt.
Where Mr Debeck got £800 for a new alternator from is therefore a mystery to me!
Someone obviously saw him coming!
Don't they say "a fool and his money are soon parted"?
My 2006 Vectra is a superbly comfortable car,with the great 150bhp diesel engine,and the 6 speed Auto gearbox.
It's been one of the best cars I've owned,despite the alternator failure,which can happen to any car.
It never seems to use any oil(synthetic)and has been utterly reliable,and seems really well put together.
I know taxi drivers who swear by their Vectra diesels,and mechanics have told me that "they're great cars" as well,and I have to agree!

Neildebeck's reply to Dougsinnott's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2013

Please let me explain. I asked the Vauxhall dealer who was fitting the alternator at £490 +vat instead of fitting a re-conditioned alternator, could they fit a new one instead. The reply was if you want a new one it would be £800 total. Unfortunately I went to a main dealer but never again. I since found out that I could get the alternator job done for approx £ 160 total. I was gutted.

At the moment it requires a new inlet manifold ( afraid to ask how much ). The swirl flaps/ actuator have worn out and cannot be replaced so making it run incorrectly and on occasions when the fan is on slow, exhaust gasses can be detected in the car.
As your car shares the same engine as mine, check that the swirl flap actuator is connected to the swirl flaps and not lying in the top of the inlet manifold. This is underneath the top cover which can be removed by pulling it off. The swirl flap actuator is a silver metal bar with plastic cups on it which in time wear out.
The age of your car is the same as mine and if the bar is connected that's fine but be assured, this will happen to yours eventually.Check on the forums.It is a well documented problem amongst many others.

Neil Morris.

Dougsinnott's reply to Neildebeck's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2013

I replaced the swirl valve actuator a few months ago,and as it's part of the manifold, that as well!
only BECAUSE,LIKE YOU,i FOUND IT LYING ON TOP OF THE MANIFOLD!
As regards the effect on the car,I didn't really see much improvement when I changed it really,but I did it anyway,at a cost of £150 in total.
These cars also have an EGR valve,which can block up with carbon,and seize,(like a lot of modern cars)and would cause a warning light to come up,and the car would go into a "limp home" mode.
Some diesel cleaner will clear it for a while,but a new one's best,and blank it off with a plate,easily available off Ebay,for a couple of pounds,and it won't seize up again!
When a car has covered nearly 100,000 miles like mine,things do happen,but when in doubt,fit a new one!
I've changed tyres,timing belts,filled it with synthetic oil every 12,00 miles,and just look after my best car ever!

C9Owe's Response to neil.debeck's Review

Written on: 02/05/2013

I have an 07 vectra 1.9 cdti and althought I bought it new and still have it I'll never buy another Vauxhall. I've had a new egr Valve, alternator, 2 front springs, new wiper motor plus a few more minor things and I've only 45k miles on the clock. I was quoted £469 + VAT for the alternator at a vauxhall dealer so I can belive some will rip you off for more, but I bought a replacemant for £99 and spent all day fitting it myself. Just waiting for ythe dual mass clutch to go soon

Dougsinnott's reply to C9Owe's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2013

I've a friend whose BMW 5 series engine blew up at 10,000 miles,not to mention electronic problems,etc.,so how about the thousands of other Vectras running reliably,with no problems?
Every make seems to have particular problems,if you go on user sites,some more than others!

Marktina's Response to neil.debeck's Review

Written on: 16/01/2013

i own 2006vectra 57000 miles 2 new alterators one under warrint wonder how meny other people had this problem

Dougsinnott's reply to Marktina's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2013

Vauxhall are not makers of the alternator!
They're usually supplied by Bosch,who also supply other manufacturers,so it's not a problem peculiar to a Vectra.

“A real drivers car.....”

Written on: 27/04/2012 by aitken768080 (1 review written)

I have had my Vectra SRi for 4.5 years, covered 120,000 miles in it and it has never let me down. It has ABS, and that's all, so you get to drive it properly. It,s lowered suspension helps you in the corners and provided you are in the right gear, the torque pulls you through it smoothly. You can almost list one of your hobbies as "motoring". The stereo is excellent, plays MP3 files as well, so I have one disc with 12 albums on, who needs a multichanger. I also plug my iPhone in for better… Read Full Review

“Superb Vectra!!”

Written on: 23/04/2012

I too cannot believe the problems people are highlighting on other reviews - its not the Vectra that I know. All cars have faults and it seems that only those with problems are highlighted. But credit where credit's due - we have not just one but two Vectras and they are both absolutely superb. The first I bought new in 2008 and its covered 100,000 miles - not even one single problem, seriously not even one. All I've done is replace tyres and have it serviced at its recommended intervals… Read Full Review

“Still running good.”

Written on: 14/04/2012

Oh dear. I am amazed how many problems are detailed in most of the reviews here. My first used 1999 petrol 1.6 Vectra was bought in a hurry at 124,000 miles from a private seller, got more than 2000 miles out of it, ran smooth (although engine wasn't powerful) without smoking, used good petrol (not supermarket's) and Castrol oils, serviced timely, only two things were replaced - one trye and a battery during this period. Next I bought year 2000 Astra 1.6 petrol which did well again (only… Read Full Review

“egr valve problem”

Written on: 06/04/2012

My 2006 model has been a nightmare. Totally unreliable and finally died on me. Replaced egr valve which appears to have clogged up cc. But i have no confidence in this to be a permanent solution. I'm getting rid asap! Shame as it is a comfortable solid big car and easy to drive… Read Full Review

“vauxhall hell”

Written on: 06/04/2012

Have only my vectra sri cdti 150 05 reg,for six months .What abig hole in the pocket first manifold at a cost of 213,Actuato+gasket 190 erg valve 121 2x coil springs 210 and the list goes on 1400 in six month sick and garage told me water pump common fault too. Ps only has 38 k on clock… Read Full Review

Athorne1978's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2013

got a vectra 1.9cdi z19tdh have had a lot of problems inlet manifold which vauxhall wanted to charge over £1000 incl fitting so bought the part from ebay for £195 and fitted myself took me a day to fit but worth the saving now the injectors have gone also ecu is playing up wouldnt recomened buying a vectra unless you are willing to get ur hands dirty as repairs could cost you a fortune but it is a lovely drive and economical

“It can be better”

Written on: 20/03/2012 by ikke (1 review written)

Same old same... This car could be a good one, but it has many faults...Egr valve, inlet manifold...that sure you will have to change them. Opel customer service its a joke.If i have more money ill think again before buying cheap cars like opel… Read Full Review

“cdti sri 150”

Written on: 11/03/2012

I've had mine for 3 years now. Still happy with it and still pulls like a train. Yes, flywheel is on its way out (has been for well over 5k now), and i've done the alternator last year and had a new inlet manifold 2 years ago under warranty. But, if you know what to look out for when buying, and use independant dealers rather than main(quoted £650 for flywheel, slave, clutch and cambelt change), then you encounter no more problems than Mondeo's etc... That said, i'm going to change mine next… Read Full Review