Skoda Octavia 2.0 Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Skoda Octavia 2.0 - Ask a question now

“I have a 2.0 Octavia Elegance Hatch, which I've owned...”

Written on: 23/03/2007 by jenfor (1 review written)

I have a 2.0 Octavia Elegance Hatch, which I've owned for approx 7 months now. It's the 4th Skoda I've owned, and more than any other, this one has convinced me that I'll only ever own Skoda cars in the future.
It isn't the engine I wanted (I initially wanted the 1.9 TDi but couldn't find one in my price range). However, I've found the 2.0 petrol engine very reliable and reasonably economical (I do approx 250 miles a week in my commute to work, averaging 40.5 MPG over the week).
The car is… Read Full Review

“The Skoda Octavia 2.0 is solid and safe feeling and...”

Written on: 27/09/2006 by vraghu (1 review written)

The Skoda Octavia 2.0 is solid and safe feeling and has good suspension, but the breaks squeal like a municipal truck, even after changing the entire breaking system within the warranty period (I literally had to send the car back four times to get the job attended to).

The pick up, once you slow down in second or third gear, is zilch.

You can hurt your palms and consume 5000 calories just getting your front seats to incline, rotating those saucer shaped discs on the side!

Fourth… Read Full Review

“I thought Skoda's image had changed when they started...”

Written on: 28/06/2003 by ronton. (1 review written)

I thought Skoda's image had changed when they started using VW parts. I was very wrong… Read Full Review

“This is my second review of the Skoda Octavia Ambiente...”

Written on: 10/05/2002 by Phil. (1 review written)

This is my second review of the Skoda Octavia Ambiente Estate 2l car now I have had it for a few months.
I am now selling the car.
The engine sounds like a diesel and doesn't get any better. Room for rear passengers is very cramped and this goes for a niggle to a major annoyance. The car has a very annoying squeak from inside the dash. But worst of all the car drinks oil, and I mean really drinks it. I would say an average of 2 litres every 1000 miles. This is very very annoying… Read Full Review

42030_Tom.'s Response to 23091_Phil.'s Review

Written on: 06/10/2002

I have had an octavia 1.9 TDI for 14mths, i bought it second hand with 48000 on the clock.
<br>I have got 2 small children & i think this is a fantastic car with everything a family could want as far as the oil is concerned i can't comment, only to say i have not had any such problems. In fact i have had no problems with it at all.

Jenfor's Response to 23091_Phil.'s Review

Written on: 26/03/2007

My Skoda Octavia carries me, my partner and a child very well indeed. Leg room is slightly cramped in the back, but I've found that room for front passengers is so adequate that a happy medium can be easily found if carrying 4 adults.
<br/>
<br/>Also, the Octavia is built on an extended Golf platform, not a standard chassis, hence the fact it shares the same cabin room but such a huge boot space.
<br/>
<br/>Regarding oil leaks; I've had no problems. It would be suggested by myself that if a car was losing that much oil, that it would perhaps be beneficial to get the problem fixed rather than continuously top it up. Just a thought.

“I bought a brand new Skoda Octavia Ambiente Estate 2...”

Written on: 17/01/2002 by Phil. (1 review written)

I bought a brand new Skoda Octavia Ambiente Estate 2 litre recently. I was attracted by the price, the reputation and the build quality. The test drive reassured me that it would be fine for around town and motorway hauls. On the whole I have been satisfied. (My expectations have been met and not exceeded as was the case in other cars I have owned e.g. Nissan Primera, which was excellent). I have two children under 3 and was aware the rear passenger space was small but was not concerned… Read Full Review