Lyreco Reviews - www.lyreco.co.uk

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Trust, change, grow”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by Regankx438 (1 review written)

These 3 words are op opposite to how lyreco operates. They don't trust people and they bully them.they won't change to adapt to current market they're too greedy and have too much overheads. Their business hasn't grown for last 7 years and is in decline. Their ethos is close to 0 and stress is first thing you'd feel from day 1 as an employee. Bullying all way long… Read Full Review

“Bullying”

Written on: 11/02/2014

Well said this is EXACTLY how they operate. I worked for them for several years between 2000-2010 and also won 'VLP' sales award in that time. An award not even known about outside of the company yet they rave on like it is winning an Oscar while you are there. Have seen staff bullied also in field sales. They bullied me. HR did nothing. Not a nice place at all and high staff turn over… Read Full Review

“Disgraceful”

Written on: 31/01/2014

All I ever see with Lyreco is an incredibly competitive core price list... anything not on this list is charged at massively inflated prices!!! Stay well away… Read Full Review

“Disgraceful”

Written on: 03/09/2013

It's all well and good customers being happy but staff that's another question maybe you should think if them a little more multi-million pound company and have no facility to help them out in a crisis what a joke, someone ought to teach them happy employees make for happy customers!!! And no I am not an employee just know how badly a few are treated!!! It wouldn't let me leave no stars… Read Full Review

“Easy peasy”

Written on: 14/03/2013

I love Lyreco. No delivery charges, no min order value and its your tomorrow or yours free! I've never had an invoice query or any back orders. My delivy driv puts the goods where I want them put and my rep keeps me posted on what's new. Best of all though is I'm thanked for my business every month and my rep proactively looks at ways to save me money by offering discounts nd other product offerings. Price is extremely competitive Service is exemplary No hassle ease of ordering… Read Full Review

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Definately dodgy reviews !”

Written on: 19/10/2012 by dme007uk (1 review written)

i know for a fact competitors write dodgy reviews on here , ive been using Lyreco for several years ,their reps undergo some of the best professional sales training in the country , hence why their sales guys are always being head hunted ! i know because ive tried , in vain to recruit one of their guys into my company ! Always very professional , excellent prices and the only company with dedicated account managers… Read Full Review

Milliano's Response to dme007uk's Review

Written on: 29/10/2012

lol Dme007uk you work for Lyreco dont you.

Smartdave's reply to Milliano's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2014

Our Lyreco rep drove a £40K company car. And they employ all these top professionals.

How can the prices be EXCELLENT????

Lyreco charge double the price of the online companies to pay for the cars and staff.

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Lyreco, Service & Price”

Written on: 04/04/2012

Having worked in both the Corporate & Dealer market I can honestly say Dealers are the way forward. A key point being that the majority of dealers will buy products together which vs the Corporate Stationers gives them much better buying power. The service form a dealer is much more personal, you are not just another number but an integral part of their business which more often then not means they will bend over backwards to help you in any which way they can. We know use our dealer (Jamie… Read Full Review

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Will never use again, very pushy sales rep, prices...”

Written on: 24/03/2011

Will never use again, very pushy sales rep, prices quoted weren't honoured and promised credit notes took ages to arrive after constant calling. She even told us the company we were using had just gone bust!! 1st rule of a sales rep - NEVER insult off the competition. We are still using that company who are both efficient and honest, something Lyreco will never be accused of… Read Full Review

Shewson's Comment

Written on: 18/05/2011

I feel that your comment is aimed at your rep not at the company, I know Lyreco and i have a very good rep who does everything that is promised at times that are promised. I have a core list which is discounted highly and I have a unpriced catalogue but I do have a discounted price list to go with it whch shows exactly how much discount vs RRP i am getting so I think that maybe you just had a bad rep. Maybe you should always judge a book by its cover!!.

here here someone telling the truth about lyreco

Written on: 24/06/2011

Don't judge a company on an experience with a bad sales rep. Not indicative of the company just one individual who is probably no longer with the company,

Written on: 26/03/2014

Yeah! Don't judge it on the prices either....they will change next year!

Stupid comment. The sales rep is your point of contact, if they are bad, the company is bad.

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Beware beware lyreco make thier sales people work on a...”

Written on: 12/01/2011

Beware beware lyreco make thier sales people work on a 48% margin otherwise they do not get commission so prices are high. They suck you in with low prices and push them up gradually. They only discount the items you use regually so when you purchase anything else you pay highly inflated prices. I would never use this company again… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/07/2011

I think your information is wrong! I work for lyreco and we dont work to a 48% margin. We dont push prices up they go up in line with manufacturers increases. And we give notice to this happening and try to hold back prices as long as possible. We give a heavy discount on regular use items as this is where you save the most money. You should have an account manager who would be happy to discount one off items if you feel they are too costly. If the MOD trust us with their account along with a lot of the top companies in the uk we cant be all bad!

Dforcats's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2014

We lost the MOD contract lol in 2012 or about that time. Ex Lyreco rep here and VLP winner

Written on: 26/03/2014

I am not surprised a government organisation use Lyreco. Let the rep do all the work, who cares if their prices are high. It is no skin off the nose of the MOD staff. They are not paid to get good prices.

here here someone telling the truth about lyreco

Written on: 30/09/2011

\" If the MOD trust us with their account \"

The same MOD who pay £20 for a standard energy saving lightbulb?
If you can heavily discount items so easily, does that not suggest you weren't quoting prices competitively to start with?

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Lyreco are an amazing company to deal with. Their...”

Written on: 07/07/2010

Lyreco are an amazing company to deal with. Their service is 2nd to none. When the account manager called he made lots of statements about being 'best in industry' (B.O.S.S) and having environment awards (Gold Green Apple) and guaranteed to beat my Local supplier I had used for years. Needless to say he was 100% correct and honest. We had a great meeting where he showed me a 50% saving and it was a matter of minutes to set up the account. Any other products I need non core I phone him for and… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/08/2013

yes the sales rep are great,the firm to work for is NOT

Written on: 26/03/2014

My rep was useless and so was her replacement, and so was her replacement. They all drove TOP OF THE RANGE cars. Lyreco can afford it, their prices are through the roof. I needed a shredder. The rep quoted £160 plus vat. I asked for a discount. I was offered £80. I asked again and was offered £50. Bought one from PC World for £33!

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“We started using Lyreco when their Rep called around...”

Written on: 18/05/2010

We started using Lyreco when their Rep called around with some good offers. The deliveries are always good and the driver will bring heavy boxes into the office for us.

Then I ordered something from the book that has no prices in it....my god ! No wonder they don't put prices in ..a real rip off. Our Rep gave me a credit but the principle is all wrong , and then after about 9-10 months I noticed that even my discounted list was creeping up back to more than my old supplier who had held… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/08/2013

YES ITS THE FRENCH WAY OF RIPPING YOU OFF... lyreco is a horrible place to work for

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Australian lyreco is the Worst office supply company...”

Written on: 29/10/2009

Australian lyreco is the Worst office supply company ever, rude, even after explaining the situation 5 times they still have no idea. worst ever… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/08/2013

lyreco as a whole is a complete rip off

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Lyreco are terrible they look good as they supply some...”

Written on: 30/04/2009

Lyreco are terrible they look good as they supply some of the biggest companies in the world but really if you look into it more closely they are not as good as they seem.

they offer good contract prices but on many occasions you pay retail for items not on your contract list and alot of there retail prices in the catalogue are inflated so they can still offer discounts out of there catalogue and still make a good profit. they switch sell for items where they are selling below cost to a more… Read Full Review

Roysy's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2010

I found this review not helpful because...someone who has grammar like that cannot be taken seriously. Also not every company has next day delivery

yep lyreco rips you off

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“My experience of using Lyreco is very positive. Prices...”

Written on: 30/04/2009 by steverobinson0 (34 reviews written)

My experience of using Lyreco is very positive. Prices are very competitive and delivery is reliable. Goes without saying that the product range is vast. We have a new account manager who is very proactive and regularly updates me with news of latest offers and promotions… Read Full Review

Ukkevin01's Response to steverobinson0's Review

ONLY BECAUSE THE REPS GET TOLD OFF IF THEY DONT DO THIS,ITS A NAZI RUN FIRM

Lyrecorep1's reply to Ukkevin01's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2013

I know for a fact this comment was left about me, im a rep at lyreco and this was my customer!
We do not get told off, some reps are more pro active than others. I look after my customers the way I would want to be looked after and I do a very good job making sure all my clients are happy and get the best prices and service.
ukkevin01 you sound like an ex rep thats got a bee in your bonnet commenting on every post. coming across a very bitter person, more than likely got the sacked for not being very good.

Smartdave's reply to Lyrecorep1's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2014

Yeah, you are a saint. You would work for nothing, because Lyreco are so wonderful.

You are a rep....on commission.....higher prices equals more commission.

Smartdave's Response to steverobinson0's Review

Written on: 26/03/2014

Oh God yes! They wasted so much of my time trying to sell me the latest Post it note product! Lyreco reps do not understand the phrase "Nice chatting to you, got to get on with work". It means "Go Away".

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Pleasure to deal with Lyreco. Always next day delivery...”

Written on: 11/07/2008

Pleasure to deal with Lyreco. Always next day delivery and no hidden charges. We saved 30% on our total office products spends compared to our previous supplier!… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2014

And then saved another 50% when switched to an online only supplier!

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Next day delivery free of charge with no hidden...”

Written on: 13/06/2008

Next day delivery free of charge with no hidden charges. No problems returning. Good range of products, never out of stock and very friendly sales staff and the delivery driver who was very helpful.
Can order online or via my Sales Rep… Read Full Review

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“I've used a number of different stationery companies...”

Written on: 29/05/2008

I've used a number of different stationery companies and Lyreco is the best of them.

The orders always arrive on time, I've never know anything out of stock and there's no hidden charges.

You do have to watch that you agree the best prices with your account manager as some of the 'book' prices are a little expensive… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2014

Standard price on a box of cheap copy paper is £100, discounted price is around £12. Yeah, a little expensive!

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“Overall the best supplier experience in industry”

Written on: 21/05/2008 by spacemate (1 review written)

Overall the best supplier experience in industry… Read Full Review

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“When the company works well, it is very good, but...”

Written on: 17/05/2008

When the company works well, it is very good, but there are too many downfalls at the moment for us MOD bods!… Read Full Review

Roysy's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2010

I found this review not helpful because...the MOD get their products for next to nothing and they still complain

Written on: 26/03/2014

I find that hard to believe, the MOD love spending money!

Lyreco www.lyreco.co.uk

“I can't praise Lyreco stationery enough. After being...”

Written on: 31/03/2007 by car1nut (1 review written)

I can't praise Lyreco stationery enough. After being ripped off by hidden charges from other suppliers, it was a pleasant surprise to see how easy and honest they are… Read Full Review