Oxfordshire, Heythrop Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Reviews

“Hotel wasn't very cosy and was far more suited to a...”

Written on: 17/10/2010

Hotel wasn't very cosy and was far more suited to a work conference than a weekend away. Rooms were clean and hotel was well kept, but the huge downfall was dinner. Waited for two hours for our food and the service was awful. Nobody knew what they were doing and never asked if everything was ok. Diners next to us had a similar experience. In fairness we went charged for anything because of the poor service, but I definitely wouldn't go back!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Both rooms were well below the normal standards of...”

Written on: 12/01/2007 by Charlotte1983 (1 review written)

Both rooms were well below the normal standards of hygiene and sanitation.
Staff were unhelpful and lacked customer service.
Location was in the middle of nowhere!
If you are not staying in the Main House, the Falcon wing was where we stayed and you need an access code to get into it. If you forget it, you have to walk back to the Main house.
£15 to play Golf.
Swimming pool was out of service… Read Full Review

Marcmorian's Response to Charlotte1983's Review

Written on: 24/10/2007

Dear Reviewer,
<br/>
<br/>I would like to talk to you about your negative hotel experience.
<br/>
<br/>To explain: I am studying for a Master of Science in Marketing degree at Manchester Business School (UK) and currently working on my dissertation, which is about online reviews that have been written as a result of particularly bad service (not product!) experiences, e.g. during airline travel, hotel stays, car repair, etc.
<br/>
<br/>I am looking for individuals who are willing to talk to me about these experiences and their reviews via Internet chat. The choice of the chat medium is up to you (AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Skype etc.). The interviews will take no more than one hour, and very likely less than that. We could arrange and/or split sessions at your convenience. Based on the analysis of the interviews, advice will be given to companies on how to improve customer service. Therefore, by contributing to my research YOU can help make the world a little bit better for service customers everywhere! As an added incentive for you to participate, I will do a raffle among the respondents. You will have the chance to win a $50 Amazon gift certificate!
<br/>
<br/>Needless to say, all information provided by you would be treated confidentially and you anonymity will be guaranteed. To prove these claims I will gladly provide you with the contact details of my academic supervisor as well as a reference letter from my school.
<br/>
<br/>Please contact me at your earliest convenience at morian@gmx.net for further details and please include a link to your review in your response. Many thanks in advance!
<br/>Kind regards,