Princess Cruises, Crown Princess, Southern Caribbean Reviews

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

“The Crown Princess was huge but was never crowded as...”

Written on: 04/08/2008 by lilprincess (1 review written)

The Crown Princess was huge but was never crowded as there was so much to do, people were spaced out. Loved the casino but we had a disagreement with them. One of the game machines gave us a $25 chip. When we went to cash it in, they said it was just for show. Our argument was that it should be glued down, not given out with the rest of the prizes. Subsequently they gave us the $25.
The food was amazing. There was so much to eat and in huge proportions. If there was something you didn't like… Read Full Review

“No I don't work for Royal Caribbean.But I found the...”

Written on: 20/11/2007 by markreno (1 review written)

No I don't work for Royal Caribbean.But I found the larger Royal boats to be better appointed in decor, much grander in the lobby areas, and the dining rooms on Royal are phenomenal in their bigger ships. This Crown Princess ship had bland, average looking dining rooms, whereas Royal has amazing grand dining halls, with open cathedral ceilings and grand staircases. Princess may have had a slight edge in cuisine, but just slight. The crown has nicer pools than Royal, and the mega screen at… Read Full Review

“I have sailed on Royal Carribean and Holland American...”

Written on: 16/09/2007 by tjk221 (1 review written)

I have sailed on Royal Carribean and Holland American lines. As for this Princess Cruise, it was just a "dive trip" getaway for the guys. But as I looked about the ship, I did find that if I were to bring my children on a cruise, I would have to take another line. But as a cruise for my wife an myself, Princess fits us to a tee.

I will say up front that I enjoyed myself so much on this crusie, that I went down and booked my next one (1st December 2007) already. I will be travelling with a… Read Full Review

“Overall, we had a fine time. We are loyal Royal...”

Written on: 23/07/2007 by cruiselady (1 review written)

Overall, we had a fine time. We are loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers, this being our first Princess Cruise. For the most part, I would say it was on a par with Royal. I think that Royal Caribbean has the upper hand with consistently excellent customer service and consistently spectacular production shows. I think that Princess has a slight upper hand with their cuisine. We chose to dine at our convenience rather than the usual main or second seating. The selection and quality of food was… Read Full Review

“This was our second Princess Cruise but nothing like...”

Written on: 11/01/2007 by gamrwm (1 review written)

This was our second Princess Cruise but nothing like the first on the Golden Princess.
Very, very disappointing.
Staff where very unfriendly and unhelpful, except for a very limited few… Read Full Review