Hays Travel Reviews - www.haystravel.co.uk

Hays Travel www.haystravel.co.uk - Ask a question now

“manager was appauling”

Written on: 21/04/2016 by speight08 (1 review written)

Went to gateshead branch on 20th march 2016, to be helped by a lovley young lady who bent over backwards to price match a holida that ui had found with another airline. I have always used hays travel in the past so thought i would go and see what could be done. Once thwere, she got the holiday but had to be honoured by the assistant mangaer at the time, waiting for a good ten minutes befor he finally appeared to be told that we could not pay a depoit very rude!!! Infact he didint give any eye… Read Full Review

“Absolutely shocking company”

Written on: 20/04/2016 by xgThompson79 (1 review written)

Deposit paid on big holiday. Absolutely refused to be helpful since. Won't give us a reference number for flight, can't make their minds up if the airport lounges are available and then charge 3 times the price that they need to, said we ant do anything till holiday paid in full - because Hays used a different company to create the holiday. Excuse me Hays but that isn't my problem. I didn't book with them, didn't deal with them. It's your name on the form, so it's your problem to fix. Never… Read Full Review

“Angypangy”

Written on: 08/03/2016 by Archerpd259 (1 review written)

I have booked a holiday to skiathos, greece and have had so much trouble getting the paperwork. I rang today to pay the balance of the holiday and wanted to pay for pre-booked seats. I was told that they could be paid for when paying the balance and am now told that I pay for them 90 days before we go when we can choose our seats. I have booked enough holidays over the years to know this but have always paid beforehand. You cannot believe anything you are told by them. I actually went into… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/03/2016

they are terrible at sending paperwork out but good at making things up to cover their mistakes we have a major complaint ongoing with them from last August and still not resolved we were lead to believe we booked a resort and location we showing them in their own brochure they never discussed or showed up anything else when we booked, told us they would everything out to us to check over, they did not we found an email from 2 weeks before we travelled saying something had been amended to our holiday when we printed attachment off, wrong Hilton resort booked on a wrong Island over 200 miles away, when we called them next day they said our mistake we had asked for this other resort and Island, its not even in their brochure they are a complete nightmare and will say anything to clients to cover their we still chasing them for money

“Holiday insurance”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by Kimoraa20 (1 review written)

In correct infomation about holiday insurance led to loss of part of claim.No insurance policy given at shop at newcaste so was not aware of £150 pound excess buyer beware… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/03/2016

they good at not giving out paperwork to clients when things go wrong they will tell clients they did give correct paperwork out they make it up as they go along keep away

“a great experience”

Written on: 27/02/2016 by raydunn05 (1 review written)

Visited the newly opened Morpeth branch with my wife and two teenagers to enquire about a cruise/city break combined holiday. The representative was a bubbly, enthusiastic lady, who went to every effort to supply us with every peice of information we could need. In comparison with visits to other agents in the town we were made to feel inportant and experienced a real 'holiday' atmosphere to the extent that we were shown internet footage of potential cruise ships. We have been added to the… Read Full Review

“Absolutely terrible service!”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by hpritchard (4 reviews written)

We went into a Hays Travel branch to book a tailor made package. The lady that did it was nice, but soon after booking we realised we made a huge mistake. A few weeks before departure, I had to call to check if the tickets were in and they were. You would have thought they would call me but no! If I called to speak to someone, I could never get the person I needed and no one ever called me back when they said they would. We asked for a nice hotel, which was quiet. What we got was a very noisy… Read Full Review

Stir09's Response to hpritchard's Review

Written on: 09/03/2016

Yes they are good lairs terrible travel agents, you think you are booking what you wanted and discussed they do not show photos or discuss resort and its location they got our booking completely wrong to what we showed them in their brochure and discussed with booking clerk we discovered only 2 weeks before due to travel completely different Hilton resort on a wrong Island 200 miles away, we rang next day to politely discuss their mistake to have it thrown back in our face no its your fault and you asked for and showed up the Hilton resort we booked, we looking in the brochure the other resort on different Island not even in their brochure so they then start saying we had another brochure, they make it up as they go along, our complaint still on going from Last August stay clear of them, they want your money and thats it

Hpritchard's reply to Stir09's Comment

Written on: 10/03/2016

I know and they have shot themselves in the foot as I travel all the time, so they have lost out as I won't be booking with them again and have told my family and friends about my troubles as well. Hope you get it sorted!

“blatant uncaring liars”

Written on: 04/02/2016 by raquelWelsh2016 (1 review written)

I booked a package holiday, hotel/cruise, with car hire which they agreed to change to transfers on their price match policy. I told them at the beginning the transfers were important because of the mobility of my companion - they did one transfer from airport to hotel. Tried numerous occasion to hide the facts of the other non-booked transfers. I asked and asked for the rest of the transfers but they are exceptional at avoidance tactics, saying they would be with the tickets then sneakily… Read Full Review

Stir09's Response to raquelWelsh2016's Review

Written on: 09/03/2016

yes good lairs and very uncaring when things go wrong because of their mistakes

“Uncaring ”

Written on: 13/01/2016 by Cass12b (1 review written)

After a dreadful holiday in hotel7 mulga marmaris turkey-booked through hays Where upon our arrival there were no rooms vacant at 2oclock in the morning, so we had to sleep on sofas in reception along with the staff and many cats . The cats were eating off the plates of the previous evenings meal whitch were not cleared away . The hotel was filthy when we came home we complained to hays ,they seemed to think it's ok to be threatened by staff and to live in squalor . Every morning at 2 o'clock… Read Full Review

“We arrived at the 2nd destination of our Thailand trip...”

Written on: 12/01/2016 by Koen181 (1 review written)

We arrived at the 2nd destination of our Thailand trip and had problems checking in. After 1 hour I asked and they said Hays had not paid them for our 2 X pool villas. Despite 8 hours now it's still not done. We had to pay for the rooms again or sleep on the beach 9000 pounds! The first credit card they tried to pay with was not authorised. I paid them in may 2015 and here we are at midnight 12 jan 2016 and still not paid. Tell anyone you know using every medium you have NOT to use hays… Read Full Review

“Liars”

Written on: 13/11/2015 by Alejandro450 (1 review written)

Made a booking through this company, totally unhelpful, liars and just the worse company I have ever had to deal with… Read Full Review

Marshtony's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2016

Agree totally. We are stuck in Thailand and could check into our accomodation because they hadn't paid the hotel for our 2 rooms. Despite I paid them in may 2015 ! Disgraceful. I had to pay thousands of pounds so we didn't have to spent the night on the beach with our friends and all our cases. Liars and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Everybody beware of them.

Written on: 09/03/2016

Well said, our complaint still on going since August last yr we asked for cancellation and all our money back after they made a serious mistake with our holiday booking we picked up on just before traveling they refused so we asked politely amend it to correct resort and Island we showed and discussed with their Booking Clerk they refused, so we were forced into amending and paying for amendment with a view to putting a major compliant in before we travelled and sort out money back on our return, its still outgoing have ABTA, and their Arbitration looking over and our solicitor advising us of best way to get money back but it takes so long as Hays Travel make things up along the way and drag the process out hoping you will give up, but they picked the wrong person it they think we will give up.

Hpritchard's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2016

I agree they have done everything they can to get out of refunding us!

“Lies incompetent & unprofessional ”

Written on: 22/10/2015 by Stevenbarnett (1 review written)

We traveled to Florida in July this year as a family of four & booked everything through Hays Travel. Our Flights were fine flew with Virgin Atlantic & our Hotel was also fine we stayed at Rossen Inn International formerly Quality Inn on International Drive. We had used these both before so thought better the devil you know our problems were with a couple of other issues one being we were given all our papers we needed before traveling only to find out that when we went to Disneys Animal… Read Full Review

Stir09's Response to Stevenbarnett's Review

Written on: 23/10/2015

Yes Hays Travel make plenty of mistakes, they also lie to good paying customers , they also try to put the blame of their mistakes onto good paying customer' they ruined what should of been our dream holiday of a lifetime to Hawaii in August this year our complaint is still not resolved as to this day they are still trying to put the blame on us for their mistakes at the booking stage.
Hays Travel should be named & shamed a lot more that way customers can make a choice to use them & take the risk of being let down or go to a better travel agent who look after good paying customers, sorry to hear your experience your poor daughter all could of been avoided if Hays Travel offered better customer service

“Transfers”

Written on: 05/10/2015 by Freeman365 (1 review written)

Do not expect to be picked up on time ,or even picked up at all. We checked times and we were assured of all bookings and transfers with an Italian company A to B . First one left us waiting at Airport for 20 mins, second one was ontime and the third didn't show at all and we had to join a taxi for six which had to accommodate 8 of us otherwise we would have been stranded 90 mins from the airport… Read Full Review

“Not experienced travel agents”

Written on: 04/10/2015 by AnnClarke50 (1 review written)

Hays travel ruined our holiday we went to Hawaii which cost us a lot but we wanted a dream holiday long story short they booked the wrong hotel on the wrong island and we thought they were experienced lies intact not only did they do this they blamed it on us and made up a bunch of lies hundreds more people have said this to us so how are they getting away with it DONT use them please because if u do u will regret it and you will have been taken in like the rest of us it's not fair and… Read Full Review

Hpritchard's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2016

Take them to small claims!

Written on: 09/03/2016

Hi yes we are nearly about to, we have a choice of ABTA Arbitration or small claims court, solicitor advising us best option its taking since August last year to get this far, it takes time but we are not going any soon they are hoping clients will give up by dragging things along

“Hays Travel Terrible Do Not Use if you value your money”

Written on: 23/09/2015 by Stir09 (2 reviews written)

Keep away from this company terrible customer service if they make a mistake with your booking they will try to blame it on you as the customer. We went to see them in January 2015 to book what should of been our dream holiday of a lifetime to Hawaii , we showed their booking clerk the Hilton Hawaiian village on Waikiki beach where we wanted to be based on island of Oahu it's in their USA & Canada 2014/2015 hays faraway brochure could on get it mixed up with another hotel it has a large rainbow… Read Full Review

“uncompetant people ”

Written on: 18/08/2015 by Kayley88 (1 review written)

When we booked for corfu this year through a travel agent I expected a package holiday and was told no different throughout until we arrived at corfu airport with no rep and a different travel service to what we were expecting having to arrange this for ourselves with a language barrier was very difficult . When speaking to hays I got no joy only to be told I should have known it wasn't a package deal which my answer was if I'd had known I would have booked this on the internet myself for £100… Read Full Review

“No Resort Rep. or Contact Details for Help In Turkey.”

Written on: 05/07/2015

Stayed at Magic Life Imperial hotel in Sarigerme, Turkey. - Avoid this place! Had a number of minor complaints but we're willing to overlook them as this was an ok hotel, right up until a huge mirror (8x7 feet and weighing about 80 kilos) came crashing off the wall at 4am while we were sleeping causing tremendous panic and alarm, particularly in light of the recent attacks in tourist resorts. Fortunately no one was harmed but a few hours earlier or later and the mirror could have killed… Read Full Review

“Use them and be disappointed”

Written on: 29/05/2015 by Brionie23 (1 review written)

I have used them to book a long weekend away to Budapest, arranged everything paid up front and wehn we get there, transfer car didn't turn up, items at the hotel booked not there. Complained 6 weeks ago, had to pay for taxi's ontop of the monye paid for private transfers,numerous phone calls international and local to resolve. Now numerous emails and phone calls and still otu of pocket of a few hundred pounds... they've emailed me back saying we've not heard anything back about your complaint… Read Full Review

“As soon as they take your money you become forgotten”

Written on: 25/05/2015 by Christineryan (1 review written)

I am disgusted with the staff at middlesbrough hays travel I booked holiday over the phone next day we went to pay balance got no invoice no info flight times etc went to change money as we booked holiday at the branch they had passport and proof of id cannot change money with out passport! Traveled with baby so due tax back off seat every1 else who traveled same date have there refund not me rang hays 4 times only to be told she could not find booking it's a pure joke DO NOT BOOK HERE use a… Read Full Review

“Choose a different travel company”

Written on: 22/03/2015 by Footloose345 (1 review written)

We booked an expensive holiday to New Zealand with a cruise at the end as part of the journey home. The agent told us we needed Australian visas and she organised them for us. We found out ourselves,about 3 weeks before we travelled, with the Christmas post in full swing, that we had to send our passports to The Chinese Embassy in London to get Chinese visas. We phoned the agent to see whether we needed them or not and she didn't know. We paid premium prices to get them done in time. Had we… Read Full Review

“poor service from head office”

Written on: 18/03/2015

we booked our break in Tenerife through bath travel in Broadstone. Having booked there on the odd occasion before we thought we would be ok. Not realising at first they had been taken over by Hays travel. Boy how wrong we were. We caught our flight on time. when we landed in Tenerife we waited 2 hours for our included transfer to Puerto de la cruise. The hotel we were booked into could not take us so we were transferred to another hotel 100 metres away. We did not get the facilities we paid… Read Full Review