BSA Lightning XL FAC Reviews

BSA Lightning XL FAC - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BSA Lightning XL FAC

BSA Lightning XL FAC
BSA Lightning XL FAC

“The BSA lightning is a nice looking rifle , but thats...”

Written on: 09/03/2010 by joekelly (10 reviews written)

The BSA lightning is a nice looking rifle , but thats where the good stuff ends,, the trigger is ok, but needs some surface polishing to get the best from it,,, or maybe a few tins of pellets will help if your not into stripping guns , the barrel break catch and lock up are far too noisy work is needed here to,,, then a decent stripdown polish and use of the propper lubes, maybe it would get another star,, but for an off the shelf air rifle its nothing special,, iv seen budget bam b20,s… Read Full Review

“I've had my .177 cal. BSA Lightning XL now for six...”

Written on: 17/06/2008 by PhillyAirgunner65 (8 reviews written)

I've had my .177 cal. BSA Lightning XL now for six months now, well over 1,500 pellets have been shot through my Beeza. I will break down this review into sections explaining my true life experiences with my BSA;

Accuracy: In this dept. my gun is a hit or miss depending on the day, I've tried a spectrum of pellets and every once in awhile she will shoot a flyer for no apparent reason. I believe it has a lot to do with the vibrations and recoil that the rifle generates upon firing, it's… Read Full Review

“I really enjoy this gun. The only down side is you...”

Written on: 18/05/2008

I really enjoy this gun. The only down side is you have to act like it is just ok with the air gun snobs out their. Yes, I have had HW airguns for almost 30 years now, but this is just a neat little package that allows me to over look its flaws. While my professionally tuned HW97 will shoot circles around it, I still shoot the Lightning more. Just don't tell anyone… Read Full Review

“This is my second review of the BSA LIGHTNING XL in...”

Written on: 17/11/2007 by StephanBusch (5 reviews written)

This is my second review of the BSA LIGHTNING XL in FAC and I just thought that I had to update my previous review. Although BSA in South Africa have a very poor customer service rating - this compact carbine rifle they produce is just getting better and better. After about 3000 pellets the accuracy and action has settled down - now at 30 meters it shoots spot on. I can put 10 pellets onto a beer cap at this range no problem. Furthermore, the recoil has settled down so much so that I can… Read Full Review

“I live on a farm in South Africa and grew up with...”

Written on: 11/08/2007 by StephanBusch (5 reviews written)

I live on a farm in South Africa and grew up with several different air rifles over the last 25 years. Only recently did I decide to invest in some new technology. I initially bought a Gamo Shadow 1000 - I was blown away by its power and accuracy compared to my old rifles. I used it for a year with no problems - for the price the Shadow is an excellent rifle, but when a friend expressed interest I sold it and bought a BSA Lightning XL (FAC) with the Tactical stock. The BSA is double the… Read Full Review

Gr8Art's Response to StephanBusch's Review

Written on: 09/09/2007

Bummer about the accuracy and trigger. I have an XL and love it. I have had no problems and it seems to have excellent accuracy out to 30 yards with no drop.
<br/>The chrono read for mine was 10 shots all around 950 to 967FPS with CPLs .

Stephanbusch's Response to StephanBusch's Review

Written on: 10/09/2007

Here is an update to my previous review : The BSA Lightning XL has been repaired free of charge by the suppliers. They also took the liberty of stripping the rifle down and servicing it. In total I have now fired in excess of 2000 pellets and the rifle has really settled down. Accuracy has improved tremendously since the service, also the rifle is shot in now and I have found the perfect pellet. I have tried about 15 different brands of top class pellets and the best for accuracy so far has been the Crosman Accupells. I prefer the Powapells for killing power but their accuracy is pretty irregular at 40m so I switched to Accupells which are great. I'm now 100% satisfied with this rifle and wouldn't swap it for anything else.

“Overall this is a great little hunting rifle and I bet...”

Written on: 17/01/2007 by code1 (4 reviews written)

Overall this is a great little hunting rifle and I bet the last springer I buy for a while for hunting. The reason is it shoots great with little recoil or noise. Accuracy is very good and I find the gun very easy to shoot off hand or off a light rest. I can drill 1" dots on my targets at 25 yards like a machine from a rest. I have the 25cal model and after 300 pellets fired it is now shooting Rhino 19gr pellets at a true chronographed 660FPS or about 18Ft lbs just like it was said to do. Out… Read Full Review

Gr8Art's Response to code1's Review

Written on: 09/09/2007

I agree with this review because...I own the XL FAC and it compares to my own experience. For the money it is the perfect size and weight/with good power to weight ratio

“First of all, I decided to create a new category for...”

Written on: 08/01/2007 by socalairgunner (2 reviews written)

First of all, I decided to create a new category for the Lightning XL FAC because there is quite a bit of difference between the old Lightning and the Lightning XL and there is really no reason to have reviews of the FAC XL's mixed in with the non- FAC XL's.

When I first got back into airguns after nearly 30 years of hunting and shooting firearms, it was the PCP's that caught my attention. I guess it was the fact that they preformed, loaded and shot more like the firearms that I was use to… Read Full Review

Gr8Art's Response to socalairgunner's Review

Written on: 09/09/2007

I agree with this review because... this author is on target. I have the same gun and his key findings are in agreement and true.