RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum Reviews

RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum

RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum
RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum

“This particular air rifle is manufactured by Umarex,...”

Written on: 28/07/2009 by cole5169 (19 reviews written)

This particular air rifle is manufactured by Umarex, and distributed under RWS and Hammerli brands as the 850 or 850 Magnum (no difference beside the nomenclature).

The 850 is a CO2 rifle, and is designed to use "AirSource" type bottles as the reservoir. There are many adaptors available from sources on the internet that will allow one to use standard paintball tanks or remote lines, if desired. There are also instructions for converting an 850 to run on high-pressure air (HPA), as an… Read Full Review

“The RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum is a great gun”

Written on: 21/05/2009

The RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum is a great gun… Read Full Review

“Nice rifle, but the only downfall is the one typical...”

Written on: 28/10/2008 by shooter dave (2 reviews written)

Nice rifle, but the only downfall is the one typical of all co2 weapons....temperature.
When used during the summer, performance is top rate.
Recommend using accupells for best results.
The bolt action is smooth, yet gives a positive feel when loading, and the magazine is easy to insert.
Overall, this is a good performer in both target and field shooting, giving satifying results in both areas.
Will recommend to all to buy one, as the the price is right… Read Full Review

“Great rifle. I use Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 scope on...”

Written on: 14/07/2008 by Air Gun Labs (1 review written)

Great rifle. I use Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 scope on it. I get 1 cm groups @ 20 meters with JSB Exact pellets, maybe 1 out of 10 shots goes out of the group. Muzzle speed is amazingly constant.
If you shoot too fast, the CO2 tank chills down and the muzzle speed drops.
The only problem is that you do not know what you run out of CO2 until you observe deteriorated accuracy… Read Full Review

“The RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum has good accuracy,...”

Written on: 18/12/2007 by eric1200 (1 review written)

The RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum has good accuracy, Build quality and overall value. I think that this gun is attracting allot of attention. Lots of modifications available and easily bulked or converted to HPA. This gun is pretty amazing. I was blown away with the accuracy of this gun. I can shoot shot for shot with my buddies $1000 + PCP gun. Now he does shoot faster and has more FPE but for targets I am just as accurate. I have converted mine to a 9 oz PB tank and can get almost 400… Read Full Review

“I have the .177 version utilizing it for 10 meter...”

Written on: 11/06/2007 by mnshoot (2 reviews written)

I have the .177 version utilizing it for 10 meter target and field shots utilizing the most inexpensive pellets I can obtain (RWS 7.0 Basic) with very consistent and accurate placement.
I have "bulked" the gun, making a quick disconnect adapter from an old AirSource bottle neck and, with a 24 OZ bottle, have (what I feel to be) the most powerful and economical CO2 rifle made.
The consistency (of pressure) and duration of shots that bulking affords helps the accuracy.
I can still unscrew the… Read Full Review

303534_Dritterb's Response to mnshoot's Review

Written on: 13/08/2007

mnshoot :
<br/>Can you give us (me) more details on your Co2 bulk modification. Is the old AirSource bottle you refer to an old 88mg AirSource cartridge? Where did you get the larger tank? What fittings are required to make all the connections? What does your final configuration look like - a hose extending out of the rifle?
<br/>
<br/>I am considering buying the RWS 850 but the cartridges seem to be expensive?
<br/>Dealers say 400 shots per cartridge - Reviewer says 175! Who's right?
<br/>I can get the small 12mg cartridges locally but would have to order the 88mg's
<br/>I saw the 12x2mg adapter but for $99 that is too expensive for me.
<br/>
<br/>Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

“I've been using a single shot .22 cal. Mountain Arms...”

Written on: 22/02/2007 by JimBianchi (1 review written)

I've been using a single shot .22 cal. Mountain Arms 2250 for about a two years, and while I love the accuracy, I wanted a repeater that wouldn't break the bank.

The RWS 850 Magnum in .22 cal seem to be the only game in town for under $300.

Other than the Logan at $800 and a PCP setup, what's out there?

I bought the gun from Pyramid Air, and the packing and shipping were excellent! This bolt action repeater comes with two 8-round circular clips, and in the month I've had it, this seems… Read Full Review

“I was looking for a pellet rifle for pest control and...”

Written on: 04/01/2007 by kilibreaux (4 reviews written)

I was looking for a pellet rifle for pest control and settled on the following criteria: The rifle must be "always ready", powerful, accurate, and capable of reasonably fast follow-up shots. While springers offer the most power for the money, they require an awkward cocking stroke, as well as single pellet loading which I do not find appealing in the field. "Older" eyes don't enjoy futzing around with trying to fit individual pellets into a barrel or chamber without reading glasses, so the… Read Full Review

176891_Bombom101's Response to kilibreaux's Review

Written on: 04/01/2007

Great review there

364635_Givesafig's Response to kilibreaux's Review

Written on: 06/05/2008

I found this review helpful because...he discussed important details I have not found in any other review; e.g. there is no pressure on the seals until the act of firing, so long periods of unuse are not a problem.

Real Hunter's Response to kilibreaux's Review

Written on: 30/04/2007

Very good review... But I guess the RWS 850 is useless in cold weather eh?

Bkawaii7's Response to kilibreaux's Review

Written on: 02/04/2007

I have found that the RWS (Umarex) Model 850 Magnum air rifle does everything the reviewer noted. I used the review to make my own decision to buy. But I have discovered that it is very particular in what kind of pellet you use.