Matsui 120MR MP3 Reviews

• Battery Life

Matsui 120MR MP3 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Matsui 120MR MP3

Matsui 120MR MP3

“I Guess some people like to fiddle thats why you have...”

Written on: 02/02/2010

I Guess some people like to fiddle thats why you have problems, if you just plug it in the PC, load music, remove from PC, put on the headphones and press play... it's simple.
Why Format! why upgrade firmware! just use it out of the box… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“ The Matsui 120MR MP3 seems to have severe problems...”

Written on: 11/09/2009

The Matsui 120MR MP3 seems to have severe problems with its file system. Mine has just died as have so many others. It's impossible to fix… Read Full Review

“MATSUI 120 MR ”

Written on: 30/07/2009

MATSUI 120 MR
I've got two of these (I mis-placed my first one which I found again but after I'd bought a replacement). I've used both regularly for a couple of years, often while out running and I've never had any problems with them.
While the Matsui isn't as stylist as an ipod or have as many facilities, it does allow the user to skip through songs or scroll down a list to find a particular album or song.
If you're not happy with the sound it'll be due to the EQ setting not being right for… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“One of the worst Matsui 120MR MP3 players ever! I have...”

Written on: 20/07/2009

One of the worst Matsui 120MR MP3 players ever! I have this player sticked into my PC in recovery mode right now and this is the 3rd time already when i have to fix it's firmware! I wouldn't recommend this player to anyone… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“Mine hasn't lasted 2 months. It won't switch off,...”

Written on: 05/11/2008

Mine hasn't lasted 2 months. It won't switch off, keeps going over the same programs and I have to take the battery out. Took it back to the shop, got another and it didn't last the week. Spend a bit extra and get a decent one… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“When working it's good, however my Matsui 120MR keeps...”

Written on: 12/09/2008

When working it's good, however my Matsui 120MR keeps going wrong. My first one tiny bits broke up inside 1mb. Bought 2nd would not load from computer so i exchanged for 2mb which would not even start up. Exchanged again down in price but after 3 weeks or so wont go past start screen… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“I have now had two of the Matsui 120MR, both have gone...”

Written on: 17/08/2008

I have now had two of the Matsui 120MR, both have gone wrong! The first I was in time to take back to the shop for an exchange, but I fear that I am now too late for the second… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“To somebody looking at the Matsui 120MR MP3 Player...”

Written on: 03/07/2008 by chibikelzafox (1 review written)

To somebody looking at the Matsui 120MR MP3 Player Recorder and considering it in a shop, I would say 'don't even go there', because the MP3 player is more hassle than it's worth. I still have mine (where it rarely works as an MP3 player, it still serves as a good memory stick) but I think that I'm going to buy a different one.

Overall, you'd be much better off spending a little extra to get a decent model. I bought this in December 2006, it messed up in February that year and as a result I… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“I was advised to buy the Matsui 120MR MP3 Player by an...”

Written on: 12/04/2008 by popscutt (1 review written)

I was advised to buy the Matsui 120MR MP3 Player by an operative in Computer World as a very cheap and efficient way of recording voice. I bought it with two speakers so that i could record and play something on a loop to accompany an installation artwork.
I admit that I am not technical - but I have looked at the paltry GB Quick Start Guide and fiddled about - and talked like a mad thing into the microphone - but I can't get anything back!!
There is no sound whatsoever coming from the damn… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“Ive replaced my Matsui 120MR MP3 twice and now the...”

Written on: 10/04/2008

Ive replaced my Matsui 120MR MP3 twice and now the third has broken down. It seems from my experince that the lifespan is about 3 months… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“Spend hours trying to delete tracks, spend hours...”

Written on: 16/03/2008 by 5p (1 review written)

Spend hours trying to delete tracks, spend hours trying to get it working. Dont buy one - Matsui - you're having a laugh… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“I hate it, I hate it, I hate it ....£24.99 I'd rather...”

Written on: 06/03/2008 by mcleody (2 reviews written)

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it ....£24.99 I'd rather go back to the old school tape playing walkman than have to deal with the problems the Matsui 120MR MP3 Player And Recorder has given me, I hate it. It's temperamental, teasy as a crab at the best of times, constantly freezes this MP3 plug and play is pure and simple a big ball ache, its picky about what goes on it, and sometimes won't turn on and if it does it just keeps resetting its self.

Matsui 120MR MP3

“My Matsui 120MR MP3 Player And Recorder has just...”

Written on: 01/03/2008 by Kayuk (1 review written)

My Matsui 120MR MP3 Player And Recorder has just broken after 7 weeks and I've taken it back and exchanged it for a better one (hopefully)… Read Full Review

Weaverfish's Response to Kayuk's Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“I have problem with this device.When i put this in pc...”

Written on: 15/01/2008

I have problem with this device.When i put this in pc usb it was recognized but when i am trying to open it it is displaying one dialog box like do you want to format it now..when i press yes ..it was displaying dialog box of windows unable to format… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“Overall The Matsui 120MR is great (as someone else...”

Written on: 28/09/2007 by Snowraven (1 review written)

Overall The Matsui 120MR is great (as someone else said) for a 5 or 6 time use (OK that's a little bit exaggerated).It'll probably get you by for about a month, two if you're lucky but in the long run, you're better off saving your money and buying something else that will last… Read Full Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“I use my MP3 player a lot, and don't believe the...”

Written on: 04/05/2007 by sparrow999 (1 review written)

I use my MP3 player a lot, and don't believe the Matsui 120MR model is particularly hardy for lots of use, I would only recommend buying this if you just want one to use only two or three times as it doesn't last much more than that… Read Full Review

Weaverfish's Response to 287897_sparrow999's Review

Matsui 120MR MP3

“Don't buy it, spent extra £10 and get one that has a...”

Written on: 22/01/2007 by nofale (1 review written)

Don't buy it, spent extra £10 and get one that has a good software. Mine is heading to the bin… Read Full Review

Callan Cool's Response to nofale's Review

Written on: 05/02/2007

It&#039;s not true. The latest version of the firmware 211.011111 allows searching by album, title or artist,. I created my own playlist by renaming the album info in the ID3 tags. And as for switching on at the start it only does it if you add more tracks or delete tracks. Your local Curry&#039;s should swap it out for you, but make sure you get the latest version, the packaging will say 60 free tracks from Pulsrated, as opposed to 10 on the older models.

Weaverfish's Response to nofale's Review

Callan Cool's Response to nofale's Review

Written on: 06/02/2007

Hi, there&#039;s nowhere to download it from, only the later versions have a firmware update tool on the cd,. I want you to read this forum on the 120MR here: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7595_102-0.html?forumID=71&threadID=218044&messageID=2320425 and then take it back to currys, saying that there&#039;s been loads of returns on this. Ask them to exchange it for a new one and insist that the box it&#039;s in says 60 free tracks from pulserated.com not 10 as the ones with 10 on are the older Identical models to yours. Or. they&#039;re supposed to be doing a 1 gig Creative for £29.99, so you could opt to pay the extra fiver. Personally, reading about the player, I think they should do a recall on all these. A lot are on Ebay as new models but without Packaging, and I think Currys (DSG who I did a work placement at PC World) sold the returns on. Let me know how you got on.

Nofale's Response to nofale's Review

Written on: 05/02/2007

I searched for latest version of the firmwire without any joy. Any idea where do I download the new version from?
<br/>I will take it to Currys but I&#039;ll not put my money on it that they will swap it.

Matsui 120MR MP3

“Mac User! So finding a player that is outside the iPod...”

Written on: 02/01/2007 by Flyfisher (11 reviews written)

Mac User! So finding a player that is outside the iPod range is a problem. There appears to be a host of cheap MP3 machines around until you look if they are Mac compatible. A friend had a Matsui 120MR as a christmas present and was showing us the various features and I noticed in the devices handbook that it was 'plug and play' with OSX! and it is.

PC World have them for sale at £24.99 so a quick flash with the plastic and we have one. Very short user manual, not always a good thing. In this… Read Full Review

Iconoclast's Response to Flyfisher's Review

Written on: 10/01/2007

Your review was pretty accurate, but when I download tracks from my PC, the player does not play them in track order ie 1,2, 3, 4 etc. It plays them 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc, and I cannot seem to get it to play in numerical order...Can anyone help me?

Dzimani's Response to Flyfisher's Review

Written on: 11/04/2008

I found this review unhelpful because it is contrary to what mine is behaving.I stopped listening to the songs I saved in it because it refuses to play.
<br/>
<br/>I am yet to throw it in the bin because the USB part is still alive.
<br/>Its only the player which is completely dead.
<br/>
<br/>The question is, Can it be repaired or not?

Johnh2's Response to Flyfisher's Review

Written on: 30/05/2007

In my opinion it is an absolutely awful product. Have a read of this for the proof.
<br/>
<br/>http://forums.cnet.com/5208-4_102-0.html?forumID=71&threadID=218044&start=0

287897_Sparrow999's Response to Flyfisher's Review

Written on: 04/05/2007

I had the same problem, but I fixed it by changing the title in the properties for the music file (for some reason the song title and file name can be called different names).
<br/>
<br/>It's time consuming as you have to alter each file name individually going into the properties, but once done I didn't have any further problems with the playing sequence.

275490_Bagman1's Response to Flyfisher's Review

Written on: 22/01/2007

I have the same problem. I thought the Matsui 120MR MP3 Player And Recorder was playing tracks in alphabetical order, so I renamed all tracks with a prefix a, b, c etc., but that didn't work.