Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover Reviews - www.rescuemycar.com

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Media Gallery for Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

“Read the small print very carefully and then DO NOT BUY”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Leslieroy (1 review written)

I called out Rescue my Car because I had a puncture and could not get the wheel off at Kwick Fit because my wheel locking nut was damaged. I needed to be taken to my nearest Peugeot garage, (about half a mile away,) where they had a special tool for removing security nuts. I was told that I was not covered for that because I had "carelessly damaged my security nut!" and that was in the small print of my policy! I argued that i had not carelessly damaged anything as sometimes these nuts do break… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Leslieroy's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

On behalf of Rescuemycar I apologise for the poor experience you have received.

As a company we always try to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, but value all feedback we receive.

I would like to help to resolve these issues, so please contact us by phone. Alternatively, if you would prefer a call back, please email and leave contact details to the email address on our website.

“Good Customer Service”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by 433Warren (1 review written)

Although (fortunately) I have not called RescueMyCar to assist me in a car breakdown scenario, the dealings I have had so far with the administrative/call-handling staff have been faultless. I had arranged and paid for this breakdown cover online. However, I had made a mistake and bought the wrong policy (silly me). I called this firm to explain the error and re-arrange the 'correct' level of cover I had wanted. The staff were helpful and keen to assist in making the changes (despite the… Read Full Review

“Avoid Car Insurance”

Written on: 25/07/2014 by ErnestPurcell (1 review written)

I insured my car with this company. They lied and used false information to avoid paying out when I made a claim. Avoid at all costs, your car will not be properly covered… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2014

Rescuemycar

“IF YOU'RE UNDECIDED, DON'T DO IT”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by mirry920 (1 review written)

So basically, I was a new driver. cheap ass banger of a car for a first car, needed an equally cheap break down cover. Their explanation of paying an excess was not well explained. Okay so FIRST TIME i called them out, I was a little silly and had locked my keys in my car. Customer service man was average, told me he'd text me details straight after phone call, half hour later still nothing so i rang back and eventually got a text. The rescue man arrived, and i wasn't able to come out for a… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to mirry920's Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

Rescuemycar

“DO NOT USE(unless you're happy to pay an excess of...”

Written on: 18/07/2014 by Sincerev350 (1 review written)

Previously we had used Greenflag as our breakdown service provider and had no complaints whatsoever with their service over the past year, but costs for this year increased significantly, therefore we thought we'd look around to find a better deal.....so hallelujah, when we came across this company, ie. rescuemycar, in the belief that they would be the best and cheapest option to go with....BUT Less than two months in (policy start date = 01/05/2014), this is DEFINITELY NOT the case, and will… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by Charlotte__bains (1 review written)

I spoke to a guy in the customer service department for breakdown cover. A very helpful and happy guy , it's rare to speak to someone in a call centre who goes out there way to be helpful and also makes you laugh while on the phone. Hoping the excellent customer service continues… Read Full Review

“They will leave you stranded - they don't care!!”

Written on: 25/06/2014 by Strandedbyrescuemycar (1 review written)

My Wife's car broke down recently but this company would not send a recovery vehicle as my Wife had no debit or credit card with to pay the £40 excess! We received emails, policy wordings and policy summaries, all saying what to do in the event of a breakdown but there was no mention of paying the excess up front, except on page 9 buried in the VERY small print. Why was an important bit of information like that not made obvious and included early on in the sections "what should I do if I… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Strandedbyrescuemycar's Review

Written on: 29/06/2014

Strandedbyrescuemycar's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2014

I have already spoken to several people within your company, one of them a supervisor, and other than being given and address to WRITE to to complain (and verbal complaint wasn't enough!), no help was given or interest in my complaint shown. I am not going to waste any more of my time speaking to you people - I did consider a complaint to the Ombudsman but that would have meant dealing with you lot first, and I have far more important things to be doing. I have now gone with STARTRESCUE - they have given me great customer service, have no excess to pay and WON'T leave their customers stranded! You could learn a lot from them!

“Emergency calls unanswered”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by Ramong498 (1 review written)

I bought a year's membership of RescueMyCar.com for my son when he bought his first car. As bad luck would have it he broke down one evening on the M6. He rang RescueMyCar and held on for eight minutes without an answer. By this time the charge on his phone battery was getting low so he phoned me and asked me to try to contact them. I rang for 14 minutes still without an answer. At this point I rang the AA and paid heavily for instant membership and immediate callout. I obtained phone records… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/06/2014

Hello,

On behalf of Rescuemycar.com I apologise for the poor experience you have received.

If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, if you would prefer a call back, please email and leave contact details to the email address on our website.

Rescuemycar.com

“Fantastic service and value for money”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by missychar81 (1 review written)

When I broke down on the M3 I must confessed I was concerned about what sort of recovery service I would get for my £20 annual fee. I have nothing but praise for these guys. The roadside mechanic was arrived in half the time they said he would. He quickly said it wouldn't be repairable and put lots of thought into the best place to tow me too where I would be comfortable waiting for the recovery truck. The recovery truck arrived in 30 minutes instead of the 2 hours predicted and the guy was… Read Full Review

“excellent customer commitment”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by footersd (1 review written)

Having had my renewal I went online & shopped around & found a cheaper cover.i rang the renewals line & explained what I had found, the agent advised me of all the things to check & was really helpful, which made me take out my renewal with rescue my car. Com… Read Full Review

“NO, NEVER, DON'T, KEEP AWAY!!”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by xwScott1950 (1 review written)

We took a policy out with this company a few months ago for a fleet of vehicles. We had a couple of recoveries over a few months and all was well. They then had to do another recovery and then went to the ends of the earth for a reason not to do it. Quoting small print in the contract etc etc. All the time we have an employee sat at the side of the road! In the end they refused to go to them and we had to get a local recovery firm to go an get them at great expense. Do yourself a favour. Spend… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

“TERRIBLE COMPANY”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by lzHolder258 (1 review written)

Called them out once and they tried to charge £75.00 and advised because (although I had e mailed ) I had not rang about changing my vehicle, inplied I was lying. Refused to help me leaving me to get the Bus home. They may appear cheap, but if you do not get any service they are very expesive ! Subsequently e mailed them again about my car breaking down and how disgusted I was with there terrible service to be advised by a very curt letter they have reviewed my case (did not know we was in… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/05/2014

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by ndMartin416 (1 review written)

Paid for this policy 7 days ago. Still no confirmation email or contract in the post. Having read the reviews, (should have done that before buying) I see this is par for the course and have just bought another policy from one of the big names. I phoned them to ask where my paper work had got to and selected the "any other business" option. No reply. So, rang again and selected "request a quote" option and was answered straight away. He put me through to customer services (that's a joke) and… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/05/2014

Hello,

I would like to help to resolve these issues, so please contact us. Alternatively, if you would prefer a call back, please email and leave contact details to the email address on our website.

Rescuemycar.com

“Curt and not very helpful”

Written on: 18/05/2014 by Devinekp462 (1 review written)

I took out breakdown cover 'just in case' having a very reliable Honda. I took the cheapest package with an excess to pay. My car had a flat battery. When I rang, an abrupt lady answered the phone and when she confirmed I had a policy, the first thing she expected was a payment of £40 before she would proceed any further. Luckily, I had my debit card but I did ask what would happen if I didn't have any way of paying (I don't always take my purse out with me). She said in that event, unless I… Read Full Review

Deev's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2014

Well - given you bought a policy with an excess to pay, I'm not sure why you're confused when they're, erm, asking you to pay an excess??

“Terrible Service - Do not use”

Written on: 11/05/2014 by 120Webster (1 review written)

I have only had to call Rescue My Car out on one occasion due to a buckled wheel.... Not only did they have an estimated time of arrival for 2 hours after I made the call! (bearing in mind it was dark, cold and I am a 20 year old female stuck out in the middle of nowhere... ) It also took me so long to get through to anyone that my phone bill costed me an extra £10 more than usual! For one phone call! Absolutely disgraceful, do not use … Read Full Review

“Wife took out cover, accidentally locked her keys in...”

Written on: 10/05/2014 by mrpjcole (1 review written)

Wife took out cover, accidentally locked her keys in the car. Despite trying to call 20 plus times was never able to get through to the so call 24 hour helpline. From what I have been reading here I suspect that keys locked in car will not be covered. I though at first this company was a fictitious internet scam. However, even if it does exist as seems it does it is useless if it cannot be contacted in an emergency. I will be referring this to trading standards or whoever the correct regulator… Read Full Review

“Terrible - Stay away..”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by DeannaMiller (1 review written)

Lots of promises but no customer care at all. Customer Service helpline and rescue keeps ringing. Had to wait for more than 30 mins on one occassion. on others the line just drops… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/04/2014

“Excellent”

Written on: 12/04/2014 by gazza77 (1 review written)

I've been with NCI/Rescuemycar for a few years now, and I've had to call them out 3 times in that time, once for my motorbike and twice for cars. On all 3 occasions, I've had no problems in getting through to the call centres quickly, where I've been dealt with quickly and professionally and kept up to date with progress on dispatching an agent to me. The agents have arrived promptly and dealt with my problems in an exemplary manner, either advising me, recovering me or repairing as required… Read Full Review

“NOT 24HRS SHOCKING SERVICE”

Written on: 11/04/2014 by 388Cook (1 review written)

BEEN WITH THEM FOR 5 YEARS THEN ON 04/04/2014 THIS HAPPENED- Broke down at 7.50PM around 90 miles from home on M5, rang them at 8.07PM. Text to my mobile read 'assisistance will be with you by 9.07'. Nothing arrived so rang again at 9.10- answer 'nobody available to take your call', 24 HOUR SERVICE?? HA HA HA HA! this happened several times for 1 hour!! Still no answer!! 10.15PM rang traffic officers from SOS phone (my mobile dead, my car battery dead, pitch black, busy motorway). Officers did… Read Full Review

“Very Poor”

Written on: 10/04/2014 by wfPrater59 (1 review written)

I had the misfortune to hit a pair of pliers on the A1, which not only decimated the tyre but put a hole through the alloy wheel as well! As the car had run flat tyres on I had no spare so called "Rescue My car" when I said it was a tyre/wheel problem they immediately charged me £75.00 as I did not have a spare? (which the car does not come supplied with). After giving all my details I waited a short while and got a txt that recovery would be with me in approx. 45 minutes, after an hour still… Read Full Review