Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover Reviews - www.rescuemycar.com

• Customer service

Media Gallery for Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

“ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING COMPANY”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by Allen342 (1 review written)

Have just received letter advising they have cancelled my insurance some 5 days ago. Thought it was a legal requirement to advise of cancellation by letter in ADVANCE. Despite paying in full, sending proof of ncb. They are trying to say I have never sent a copy of driving licence. Utter rubbish, I have proof on my computer that emails were sent and received by them. They are now "hoping" to keep nearly 50% of my premium. Watch this space, I should have read reviews before paying them. If anyone… Read Full Review

“Disgraceful inadequate and incompetent”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by leanetta (1 review written)

I expected to wait awhile, as it was a bank holiday, but I did not expect this company to drop my car whilst loading it, letting it slide down the M5, and consequently been written off by my insurers!!!! Rescue my car are refusing to co-operate, the tow truck was using unlicenced plates, the police don't seem to be bothered.....take my advice, please...DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY11… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to leanetta's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

On behalf of Rescuemycar I apologise for the poor experience you have received.

As a company we always try to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, but value all feedback we receive.

I would like to help to resolve these issues, so please contact us by phone. Alternatively, if you would prefer a call back, please email and leave contact details to the email address on our website.

“Awful moneygrabbers!”

Written on: 01/09/2014 by emgo (1 review written)

I write today to express my absolute disgust in relation to rescuemycar.com. I took out a policy recently with rescue my car. I received a letter from them explaining that they will be cancelling my policy if I do not send in my documents (No claims bonus, driving licence copy). I contacted the company to explain that I will be sending them in, after 1 hour being on hold they gave an email address to send them to. Unfortunately, I lost the email address I was given. I therefore, went online to… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to emgo's Review

Emgo's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2014

Unfortunately I have tried to phone. I'm on hold each time for over an hour. Apparently waiting is part of the service I paid for...your manager also informed that customer services have other customers that have enquiries and that part of your service involves having to wait.

As well as this you have left no name to contact you.

I have also emailed through the website several times with no phone call or email back.

You are welcome to call me in relation to this. The above information was also sent in using your online email.

I have spent more than enough money attempting to contact your company only to be spoken to like filth. If you would like to contact me to resolve the issue you will find my contact details within my records( policy number nci01/0000030756).
I look forward to your call.
I will be updating my review following a telephone call and hopefully a resolution. Although I shall not hold my breath.
If anyone reads this and sees no post please assume that I received no phone call.

“EXTREMELY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

Written on: 31/08/2014

I had a slight problem with my bank account and my DD did not go though for the month. i then called customer services on several occasions to make a payment without any success. i decided to see how long it takes customer services to answer. First call took 59mins 42 secs and the line just went dead. Second call was 1h11min 6 secs on hold and it went off again. Third call was 1hr 31 min and 03 secs and again, the line went off without me talking to anyone. In total, I have been put on hold… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar

“Long wait times if you need assistance - cancelled my...”

Written on: 29/08/2014 by emabrunton (2 reviews written)

Insurance cover: I did not have to make a claim luckily (hence 2 star not one - I am a fair person) but on moving home I was told that they could no longer insure me for that area! That is fine if they cannot but then they charged me £20 admin fee and I have to go elsewhere which was a real pain and cost me more money on deposits etc. They then (after being on hold for 53 mins to ask for my NCB certificate!) said they'd email my No Claims Bonus by Tuesday - on the following Friday I waited on… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to emabrunton's Review

Written on: 29/08/2014

Emabrunton's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2014

How will you resolve the issues? Put more people on the phones to lower wait times and retrain your staff on how to explain what needs to happen in the event of a cancellation and refund my cancellation charge?!

Other than that - there is nothing else you can do for me.

“read small print”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by Maxwellhd361 (1 review written)

just useless. plain useless. never again will i pay for something they'll wriggle out of. just when you need them, they're not covering you. beware - your car need to be under 16 years old. - no matter how well maintained or new all the parts are. classic car drivers, you have been warned. i too, wish there was a minus star rating… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

“close the place down”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by hgvman (1 review written)

I wouldn't recommend this place to my toilet they are extremely bad stay well clear if there was a minus star they would be getting that… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to hgvman's Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

Hgvman's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2014

U takeing the pee its like talking to a brick wall I'd get more done from a chimp than you lot

“Not worth free.”

Written on: 17/08/2014 by MaryGallagher108 (1 review written)

Only been with this company a few weeks after getting cover free through money supermarket website. There was a minor mistake in my address on my policy. I called customer services at 11am on a Wednesday (not exactly peak time) and went from 'position 5' to 'position 3' in 25 minutes and I gave up. I was trawling reviews of the company while I was online and noticed everybody seems to call and end up a 'position 5'. I also read about people being put on hold when calling for a breakdown so out… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar

“It has taken 8 days to update our new car details on...”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by Kyleeg357 (1 review written)

It has taken 8 days to update our new car details on our policy! On my 7th day of trying to get through , I managed to prepare and cook an evening meal whilst on hold only to have the phone answered and then put down on me. I was promised a call back from a lady who then answered from the sales department, but unsurprisingly, this never came. I hope I never need to use you in an emergency and will not use you again, or be recommending you… Read Full Review

“Disgusting company”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by AntoniaNolan (1 review written)

Disgusting company, refused to tow me due to the value of my car when this is mentioned nowhere in my policy. When questioned they had no valid reasons for why I could not be towed and basically admitted it was due to the costs they would incur. Clearly the did not want to fork out to take me 8 hours home. Was picked up by police and slept in hotel lobby for being in such a dangerous situation. After 16hours of being broken down I forced for a second look by a different mechanic and my car was… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to AntoniaNolan's Review

Rescuemycar

“NEVER EVER USE - DAY LIGHT ROBBERS”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by mattmattmatt2014 (1 review written)

I've just had an absolute nightmare with this company - STAY CLEAR. They fraudulently took my money (the online form to pay for the breakdown cover completed without my consent, and without the final step of 'confirm payment' we're accustomed to finding when buying anything online) So I called them up and explained this no more than 5 minutes after they took the money, and was told that there was no way they could cancel it and if i wanted the money back it would cost £5. completely… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to mattmattmatt2014's Review

Rescuemycar

“Paid extra for documents to be posted... never received”

Written on: 15/08/2014

Decided to take out breakdown cover with this company. Paid extra £2.50 for documents to be posted. Nothing was received. Sent 2 emails which were ignored. Had to contact them by facebook page... then received an email next day with the documents. No mention of refunding the postage I had paid. And the email only stated "National " cover but I had paid for " National, At Home and No Policy Excess". Not a promising start… Read Full Review

“poor customer service”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by ChasitySilva465 (1 review written)

For the past two days I have been trying to get through to customer service to no avail. I need to change the reg of my vehicle, and if I cannot do this and I break down, I will not be covered. Rest assured that I will not be renewing my policy. … Read Full Review

“Mickey Mouse organisation”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by ffThomson296 (1 review written)

Well what a mistake that was . . . . signing up my son for Breakdown Cover with Rescue my car. Thankfully he hasn't broken down but if he does he has absolutely no information to help him contact the company for help. In over 2 weeks he has received no email or paper information. Having rung twice now to chase up the documentation - just something he can print out and put in his glove compartment, to hand ,when, stressed by a breakdown he can get a speedy response. All I have been told is he… Read Full Review

Tinaluke's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2014

I certainly won't be calling you and am more than happy for you to call me - I have been on your website for the email address but struggling to locate one. Phone numbers galore and a snail-mail address . . . . . but no obvious email!

Please email us.
We will arrange a callback for you.

Many thanks
RescueMyCar.com

Tinaluke's Comment

Written on: 13/08/2014

HELLO . . . . HELLO . . . Is anyone there? As I said in my comment to your comment ,2 days ago - you need to provide an email address for me to email you for you to call me back! But then I compared your response above to the response you have given to other negative feedback on this site and low and behold, word for word, it's the same lame apology and same hollow advice to email if not by phone (been there done that, no thank you very much!). Your one and only member of staff is obviously highly skilled at pressing the replay button on the telephone muzak, cutting and pasting the pat response to negative reviews but has not reached the Hands On Customer Service section of the script to have the knowledge to actually respond to a problem. Don't worry I'm not holding my breath and I have now managed to take my fingers out of my ears.

“worst car insurance provider i have ever dealt with!”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by Fitzpatrick4 (1 review written)

As the title states this is the worst company I have ever came across, it's been three weeks and I still have no sign of my policy, but they took there payment in the first week! My policy will be up for renewal before I get through to them, they just keep you on hold!… Read Full Review

“Absolutely unacceptable”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by Mbruce (1 review written)

I have put one star as it is a required filled but this 'service' has been absolutely useless to me, causing great stress when I needed to contact Rescue My Car, it was impossible. I had a puncture while driving. I was most upset and frustrated as a woman of 65, on my own, that your service was not available to me. I dialled the 0845 number as I did not have another contact number and was cut off by my service provider after 10 frustrating and costly minutes since I was not being responded… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Mbruce's Review

Rescuemycar

“DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!)”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by 116Hurley (1 review written)

Bought this service over a week ago, no policy or even a email! tried to ring but had to wait 35 minutes from position 5 and still no answer, tried to go though another route but soon told to join customer service number and wait, surprise position number 5. Good job I had not broken down with a mobile phone. . . I will not be using this firm. and will be contacting the financial conduct authority about how this firm is run, and also Watchdog! take your money with no proper service. plus where… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/08/2014

Rescuemycar

“Read the small print very carefully and then DO NOT BUY”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Leslieroy (1 review written)

I called out Rescue my Car because I had a puncture and could not get the wheel off at Kwick Fit because my wheel locking nut was damaged. I needed to be taken to my nearest Peugeot garage, (about half a mile away,) where they had a special tool for removing security nuts. I was told that I was not covered for that because I had "carelessly damaged my security nut!" and that was in the small print of my policy! I argued that i had not carelessly damaged anything as sometimes these nuts do break… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Leslieroy's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Mowhawk1946's Response to Leslieroy's Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

I did as you asked but after 10 minutes and £5 later I rang off. I also sent you an email but you have not bothered to answer that either. Sorry but your company tells lies and will do all it can to avoid rescuing cars. Just take our money yeh that's the way. I was treated disgracefully not only when you refused to help me but since by not answering my e mail and not answering my call for at least 10 mins. It took over that when I was stuck on the road with a puncture using my mobile. So far I have spent over £10 on phone calls to you and over £100 to use an alternative rescue service. I doubt if you will e mail me so thanks for nothing.

“Good Customer Service”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by 433Warren (1 review written)

Although (fortunately) I have not called RescueMyCar to assist me in a car breakdown scenario, the dealings I have had so far with the administrative/call-handling staff have been faultless. I had arranged and paid for this breakdown cover online. However, I had made a mistake and bought the wrong policy (silly me). I called this firm to explain the error and re-arrange the 'correct' level of cover I had wanted. The staff were helpful and keen to assist in making the changes (despite the… Read Full Review

“Avoid Car Insurance”

Written on: 25/07/2014 by ErnestPurcell (1 review written)

I insured my car with this company. They lied and used false information to avoid paying out when I made a claim. Avoid at all costs, your car will not be properly covered… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2014