Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover Reviews - www.rescuemycar.com

• Customer service

Media Gallery for Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

“car won't go”

Written on: 18/12/2014 by PatsymayH (1 review written)

Yesterday was my busy day, day off from work and loads to do. Dropped husband off for outpatient appointment, went to supermarkert, moved car to street nearer the hospital, then distaster struck, it would not start. One call to Rescue My Car and I was in safe hands. Spoke to Elouise who tesxt me back to say recovery would be 40mins to 1 hour, he arrived in 20mins, worked out my battery was a little low, did not realise I had the heater on low whilst waiting for husband, enough power for… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to PatsymayH's Review

Written on: 19/12/2014

Hi,

On behalf of Rescue My Car we would like to thank you for taking the time to write about the experience you have had and for your kind comments. We hope to continue to provide great service for the duration of your time with us.

“Buyer beware”

Written on: 16/12/2014 by Bentley171 (1 review written)

My father aged 88 called this company for assistance when he had a puncture In a tyre on his car. He was on the phone for over ten minutes and was then told he would have a £40.00 payment to make for them to attend. I then rang the company later the same day to be also told that for them to attend a £40.00 change would be imposed. I am now going to speak to customer service, which is only available weekdays about terminating the contract as it is worthless. So be aware of the low annual… Read Full Review

Hi,
On behalf of rescue my car I would like to apologise for the level of service you have received . The £40.00 payment that you are referring to is an excess payment which is applicable on some of our policies predominantly the low premium ones. In the circumstances were this policy has been purchased we require the £40.00 payment to be taken before we can offer assistance.

In regard to the customer service department I would like to highlight that they are open 9-8 Monday to Friday and 9-5 on a Saturday.

I hope this clears up any queries you may have. If not, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Rescuemycar.com

“Don't trust these people to help in a crisis!”

Written on: 14/12/2014

I ran off the road into a ditch in icy conditions and a snow storm last Friday and was in shock-I'm female and was alone in the middle of the Peak District. I rang my husband who wanted to come and collect me but I wouldn't let him as conditions were so bad I was afraid he would also have an accident. When I rang 'Rescuemycar' I said 'I'm stuck in snow' and was about to explain when I was told that they didn't rescue people stuck in snow, when I tried to explain further I was told that I might… Read Full Review

Hi,
I would like to apologise for the level of service that you have received.

In relation to being stuck in snow this is not something that would be covered under the policy which can be seen if you refer to Exclusion Number 24. I understand that this is not applicable to yourself as this was caused by an accident. However, I would suggest that perhaps the call handler you spoke to was confused and had initially thought that the circumstances surrounding the breakdown were that you were stuck in snow.

For all accident callouts were the client only has breakdown cover they are liable for all specialist equipment. I would advise you that we would not want you to withdraw a request of service that you are entitled for but I believe that the call handler was merely trying to stress that any of those costs would have to be met by you as this can prove quite costly and may be a nasty surprise considering how stressful accidents can be anyway. Any insurer will cover this cost entirely and usually clients find that this is much more beneficial for them.

I would like to apologise for the time not being taken to ask how you were after the incident. We understand how stressful accidents can be and it is unusual for a call handler not check how a client is feeling after an incident.

The average time for our callouts is betweeen 40 to 60 minutes and road traffic accidents are prioritised. However, in some circumstances it can go over this time due to high callouts in the area and roadworks/ traffic. I would also like to point out that although the agents base may be local the breakdown location they travel around the area to attend callouts, therefore, when they accept a job they may not be at the base this may be why they were travelling from a distance.

If you would like to discuss this in further please leave contact information so that we may call you or alternatively please give us a call at your convenience.

Rescuemycar.com

“beware!! You get what you pay for! ”

Written on: 10/12/2014 by Sampson131 (1 review written)

Got the breakdown cover 'free' through our car insurance, My son had a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere in Wales, his sat nav only had longitude and latitude on it as the road was unnamed, I had to make the initial phone call as his phone was dead and he didn't have the number of rescue my car as we never received any any sort of welcome pack. They couldn't find his whereabouts as they didn't have any way of searching, I just searched on Google and found his location easy enough! Anyway… Read Full Review

Hi,

I would like to apologise for the poor service that you have received.

In regards to our location settings we are unfortunately unable to search via longitude and latitude, but, we do have similar facilities to Google maps. On occasion such as this were the road does not have a name pinpointing an exact location can be difficult, but, I am certain that a location would have been found.

The policy itself is limited to 10 miles recovery for anything relating to a flat tyre or puncture, however, there is the option to pay for extra mileage costs to assist the client in getting home. Alternatively we could have also looked at recovering the vehicle to a local garage for repairs to be made the next day and the client could have stayed in a hotel provided the correct equipment was with the vehicle.

The £40.00 charge you are referring to is an excess payment which is featured on our lower premium policies. However, I would query if this was purchased though your car insurance if the correct policy has been instated. I would like to look into this for you and would encourage you to get in touch.

Under the policy it is required equipment for a wheel fault (ie puncture) for the client to have either a serviceable spare tyre or a puncture repair kit. As your son had neither of those the fault is not something that is covered under the policy as the required equipment was not with the vehicle.

In these circumstances we would offer the client a one of payment for the callout otherwise known as a Pay On Use which for our current members is a starting rate of £75 this is inclusive of 10 miles recovery anything over that would come under an 'Extra Mileage Charge'. We could also offer the client the number of a local garage to see if they could come out and assist at a cheaper rate.

I hope this clears up and queries or concerns you may have had regarding the callout.

If you do wish to discuss this further I would encourage you to get in touch with ourselves.

Rescuemycar.com

“Rip off Rescuemycar ...”

Written on: 25/11/2014 by MKCAR (1 review written)

Years of cover and never a request for their help until today. After answering 7 security questions obviously just to keep me on the phone to collect money on their premium rate number..they told me I would have to pay to have my car pulled from the ditch it was currently in. So what did I pay for, for all these years???? rescuemysanity!! avoid this company at all cost… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to MKCAR's Review

Written on: 25/11/2014

Hi,
I would like to apologise for the level of service that you have received. I would like to offer you a resolution to this problem, but, in order to do so I would appreciate if you could get in contact so that we may discuss this further.

Mkcar's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2014

Do you have a number that won't cost me a penny?

Rescuemycar.com's reply to Mkcar's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2014

Hi,
Please leave contact details for yourself so that I may call you.

Mkcar's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 02/12/2014

Hi and thank you for your reply. Please leave your email address so as I may contact you. I am guessing by your response you do not have a free number?

Rescuemycar.com's reply to Mkcar's Comment

Written on: 03/12/2014

Hi,
The email address is on the contact page on our website.
I would attach a link but unfortunately it would be deleted by the moderators of this website.

Rescuemycar.com

“WARNING my call-out to rescuemycar cost me £14.40!”

Written on: 19/11/2014 by chairofpants (1 review written)

Yeah, sounds great on paper: buy your insurance through moneysupermarket and get FREE breakdown recovery. Unfortunately, like most things in life it ain't free. Having broken down in the pouring rain I called and waited for what like seemed forever for my call to be answered (you are now 5th in the queue). I was rescued in less that 30 minutes for which I was very grateful. And our knight in shining armour could't have been more friendly and helpful. Then I got my phone bill through... To call… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to chairofpants's Review

Written on: 21/11/2014

Hi,
I would like to apologise for the level of service you have recieved.
For future reference I would like to offer you an alternative telephone number in the event that you need to get in touch with us in the future.

If you could please contact us, or, alternatively, leave us some information so that we may contact you.

“TOTAL RIP OFF”

Written on: 08/11/2014 by Alanna50 (1 review written)

I needed to change my address and car covered as I had also changed my car at the same time. Also needed call out due to flat battery. Wanted £5 for change of address which I can understand but would not cover the new car as it had flat battery even though my previous car was covered for 6 months with no call out. They wanted me to repair the car my self and then get it covered. To add insult to injury I did call to change car and address but they could not register the change, the car… Read Full Review

Hi,
On behalf of rescuemycar I would like to apologise for the poor service you have received. The reason why you will not have been covered for the new vehicle is because every vehicle we cover has to be in working order before the policy starts. I understand that you had been covered for the previous 6 months but as the vehicle was a new vehicle on the policy then it would have had to have been in working order.
In relation to the customer service team advising that they could not register the change I would advise you to speak directly to them. It is not something that we would usually refuse to do under the breakdown cover.
I hope this clears up any confusion you may have. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Simonhoffman's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2014

I did contact customer services only to be shouted back at. The new vehicle was in working order. It is of no use speaking to customer services who have no respect or value for customers at all. I have never dealt with a call centre that shouts back at customers. I will not be renewing or will never use rescue my car ever again.

Written on: 17/11/2014

Hi,
I would like to apologise again for the level of service you have received.The customer service to which you are referring to is not something that we would deem professional or acceptable. If you could please call us so that we may look into this further for you. Alternatively if you would leave your name or policy number so that I may look into this on your behalf.

I would really like to help you resolve these problems.

“Breakdown cover”

Written on: 08/11/2014 by George690325 (1 review written)

Hi,just want to say how unhappy I am with the service provided Last night my car has break down and I had to call recue my car,and pay 40 pounds first,then the roadside assistance come and did nothing to repear my car .i have told costumer service that I am in a car park between cars ,although they send a lorry to bit to turn around and I had no choose but to pay another 85 pounds ,because the driver said he is gonna use special equipment to put my car onto the lorry ,That was a robbery and I… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to George690325's Review

Hi,
On behalf of Rescuemycar I would like to apologise for the issues you have had with your policy. The 40 excess is a standard among all policies. If you go onto our website the excess if stated in bold and there is a box at the bottom if you wish to remove it. On all breakdown policies the policy holder is liable for any specialist equipment charges this can be seen in the policy under 'General Cover Exclusions' these charges are at the agents discretion .

I understand that how you may feel as though you have been taken advantage of and hope this clears up any confusion. If you do wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, or alternatively, leave us some information so that we may contact you.

Rescuemycar.com

“ths company is a joke and a rip off.”

Written on: 02/11/2014 by 1984Crockett (1 review written)

dont go with this company you dont get a proper service. you have to pay through the nose for them to rescue you as they pretend to give you a good discount rate when you sign up. but when you need a call out they charge extra. waste of time. you might as well go with the well trusted breakdown companies. for the extra you pay you get a full service with no extra money to pay on call out… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/11/2014

Hello,
On behalf of Rescuemycar I would like to apologise if you feel that your policy has not been what you had signed up for. The charge you are referring to is the excess charge which is applicable on all policies you have to click on the button on the page to remove the excess.
Please see our website if you wish to view this.
If you feel that you would like to upgrade your policy then please call and speak to the Customer Service Team.
I hope this can help resolve any confusion you may have had regarding the policy you have purchased.

Rescuemycar

“Efficient and did what I needed them to do ”

Written on: 30/10/2014 by Ashlyw496 (1 review written)

I got stranded in a remote village in West Wales with a puncture. I had no mobile signal so had to use the phone in the local pub. My call was picked up straight away and I was contacted back on the pub number within 10 mins with the details of the garage and the estimated time of arrival. The rescue company turned up exactly when they said they would (in 30 mins time) and efficiently put on the spare tyre so I could drive safely to a tyre centre. No complaints - great service!… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/10/2014

Hello,

On behalf of Rescuemycar we would like to thank you for your comments it is appreciated. We hope to provide you with great service for the duration of your policy.

Rescuemycar.com

“Joint these on aug2014 and broke down on the 21 sept...”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by Kerrygray (1 review written)

Joint these on aug2014 and broke down on the 21 sept rung these and spoke to a woman but got cut off so tried to ring back exactly 35 times the 2 numbers on there website didn't get through to no one so had to pay out and get towed by another company when I got home After 4 hours , I emailed my complaint to which I was sent a letter saying I was ringing the wrong number ? Which is funny as I got though on it the first time and it's the number on the website this company is a BIG joke and would… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Kerrygray's Review

Written on: 27/10/2014

On behalf of Rescuemycar I apologise for the poor experience you have received.

As a company we always try to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, but value all feedback we receive.

I would like to help to resolve these issues, so please contact us by phone. Alternatively, if you would prefer a call back, please email and leave contact details to the email address on our website.

“NIGHTMARE”

Written on: 19/10/2014

Joined August 2014, had to contact them Monday evening 13 October 8:10 approx. FINALLY got through to someone even though I was 'number 1' in the queue. Lady on phone demanded £40 debit card payment BEFORE she could even discuss my problem (this is on top of £28.50 membership). Went on to state that I would have to pay £40 for each call out etc......not a good start. It was dark and wet and I was on my own, she finally took my details and location and said I would get a text to let me… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/10/2014

Written on: 20/10/2014

I have written to you regarding this - letter dated 15 October and posted first class.

Written on: 28/10/2014

UPDATE

Today is 28 October 2014 - not a word from RescueMyCar - what a company!!! Will be chasing them big time.

Hello,

The policy which you have selected (£28.90) is the lowest National with Home premium we offer. With the policy comes a £40 excess. If you would like to look on our website all policies come with the £40 excess, however, if you look at the bottom of the page there is an option to remove the excess. Alternatively there is always an opportunity to upgrade your policy by calling and amending your level of cover with the Customer Service Team.

I would like to apologise for the level of service received on behalf of ourselves and our agents. The maximum waiting time usually is 90 minutes and this is usually only in the Highlands of Scotland or Central London. Anything over this time is usually due to a high number of jobs in the area. We do prioritise for lone females and understand how distressing these situations can be.

An excess can usually be refunded as long as the agent has not already set off , however, if the agent has already set then it is unlikely we could offer a refund of the excess if a client still feels that this is unsatisfactory then we can assist them with making a formal complaint.

If a letter has been put in writing to request the excess back then it will be being dealt with by our complaints team. In order that I can assist you as much as possible I would appreciate you getting in contact or leaving information so that we may be able to contact yourself and discuss this further.

rescuemycar.com

Written on: 30/10/2014

I am claiming for a refund of the excess AND the membership as your company are 'NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE' - not had a reply to my letter and WILL be taking this matter further. I ensured the 'rescue agent' was cancelled. I have given your company until the end of this month - which means the deadline is tomorrow. After that the complaints procedure will be followed with the ombudsman being involved no doubt.

Hello,
After speaking with the complaints team I can confirm that your complaint has been dealt with and a response will be sent out this week.
Following guidelines set by the FOS any company has up to 8 weeks to respond to a complaint. I understand that the policy selected may not have suitable for yourself, however, it was the policy which you have selected at inception.
If you require any further information or assistance with this then please get in touch.

Written on: 30/10/2014

The policy may or may not have been suitable - the proposed wait of 3-4 hours is never suitable. I have the text as evidence and will use it to confirm the level of 'service' you provide. You confirmed in a previous comment the expected acceptable waiting time.

I am aware of the complaints procedure and allowing a company to 'put things right', however, being NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE is not something any company can hide behind.

“TERRIBLE INSURANCE COMPANY, AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!”

Written on: 17/10/2014 by johnny555 (1 review written)

This is the first review I have ever put on the internet because I have never felt the need to. But this has now changed, mainly for the benefit of all persons that might be thinking of going with Rescuemycar. You musty avoid this company at all costs, I lost nearly £200 due to me not being able to provide my proof of no claims, which I explained to them my previous insurance company could not release until 2 weeks time. Every other insurance company has been quite understanding! Avoid NCI… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to johnny555's Review

Written on: 27/10/2014

“TERRIBLE INSURANCE COMPANY!!”

Written on: 13/10/2014 by soCantuItalian150 (1 review written)

I have been with this company nearly a year, all was fine at first. On two occasions they have taken double out for my insurance, I had to call them to ask for a refund whilst being diverted to different people to sort there mess out!! Took 3-5 days to refund me it, when should of been instant as it's there MISTAKE. Another one, changing my address I called up and was fine, to call back at a later stage to change my number plate to private they ask for £30 of me, when during my call to amend… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/10/2014

Hello,

On behalf of rescuemycar I apologise for the poor experience you have received.
In relation the dual payments of insurance being taken out the customer service team would have been responsible for the refund of the payment. Within the company the refund is instantaneous ,however, it can take 3-5 days for the payment to be processed and cleared into your bank account.
When amending the policy there can occasionally be an administration fee which can be applicable to all policy amendments or an additional premium to pay which can be in relation to a change of circumstance which may affect the policy premium. This is a general condition of any insurance policy ,however, on occasion things like administration fees can be waived but this is at the discretion of the insurance provider.
Finally any vehicle which you are insured on under a policy with Rescuemycar must be registered in your name and you must be the keeper of the vehicle. If this is not the case then unfortunately we would not be able to cover you.
If would like to discuss any of these points further I would encourage you to get in contact and speak to someone who can clear up and concerns you may have.
Ellouise (claims handler)

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 13/10/2014 by darkside123456 (1 review written)

Took out a policy and still waiting after 2 weeks for confirmation email. Called customer services who claim to have emailed me 4 times but I still haven't received it. They just don't care. Don't waste your money and buy from a reputable company instead… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to darkside123456's Review

Written on: 14/10/2014

Rescuemycar

“Broke down minutes of my policy starting, no help just...”

Written on: 07/10/2014 by Parrishxb278 (1 review written)

I got breakdown cover when I brought my car insurance on the 2nd. I recived email confirmation on the 3rd of October saying everything was fine. Anyway a few days later on the 5th october my brake warning light came on as well as my engine management light. I managed to get home at 11.30PM and phoned them about 15 minutes later to see if sombody would come out and look. I was told my policy didn't start until the 6th (which would have been in 15 minutes) and they couldn't come out and it would… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/10/2014

Hello,
I would like to apologise for any poor service you feel you have recieved by ourselves here at Rescuemycar.

All of our policies do not come into effect until 24 hours following purchase of cover. After this period of time for the following 48 hours we are able to assist but with a charge of £40 regardless of whether the policy selected has an excess or not.

If you have selected a free Money Supermarket policy then we can attend any time after the inception date. If a fault occurs before the start of the policy then we can charge a pay on use fee which is a one off charge for the callout this would start from £75 and is inclusive of a 10 mile recovery. If further recovery is required then this would be subject to extra mileage charges.

These are strict policy guidelines which have to be adhered to. I apologise that you feel like we have tried to 'wriggle free' and hope this clears up any confusion.

If you feel that you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would prefer us to contact you then please leave some contact information and we can ensure your call is dealt with without hesitance.

Jimmydclarke's Comment

Hi
I had a breakdown a few days later due to the original problem getting worse and after being on hold for 18 minutes on the junction of a busy roundabout with a crying two year old in the back of the car you were actually able to assist. Even the police that came to see if we were ok were dishustled with the time it took me to get through, it was 11pm not exactly peak time!! Anyway cars fixed just got to deal with the phone bill for being on hold that long to an 0845 number.....

Hello,

I would like to apologise for the amount of time that it took for you to get through to the claims team. We endeavor to answer all calls as quickly as possible but there are some occasions be it weather or a high volume of calls that can prevent us from answering calls in a suitable about of time.
In relation to the cost of your phone bill I would be happy to provide you with an alternative landline number in the event you need to get through to us again.

If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Written on: 08/10/2014

Jimmydclarke's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2014

Just want to add to my above comment about being on hold for 18 minutes, I worked for call assist which deals with breakdowns from EUI (admiral, Diamond, Elephant and Bell as well as other) There was a team of 6 of us in the call center after 10pm and we were NOT allowed to keep calls parked for longer then 5 minuets before a supervisor started breathing down your neck, we were constantly reminded we were an 'emergency service' maybe you should teach your call handlers the same...

“Disgusting and immoral”

Written on: 28/09/2014 by Redeemed (1 review written)

This company left me, a lone woman, on my own after I broke down and would only come out if I paid £40. Customer 'service' were very uncaring and left me to get on with it and offered no other alternative. Luckily, I was not too far from home and called on family to rescue me. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!… Read Full Review

Happyamanda's Response to Redeemed's Review

Written on: 28/09/2014

I thought £40 was the excess isnt that what you signed up to?

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Redeemed's Review

Written on: 29/09/2014

Beanyian's Response to Redeemed's Review

Written on: 29/09/2014

when I went with rescue my car I asked for breakdown cover to which I was told I got until I received my documents I had a £40 execess to pay then I had a hit & run driver to which my car was a right off my car was taken away & 3 months later im still waiting for a payout ive even got police to put a stolen marker on her as I don't even know where it is. I cant wait til feb when I have to renew my insurance & do u think il come back to this so called company would I heck as like I find them so useless that my 9 yr old can do a better job this place needs shutting down for good

“These people are dangerous and leave you stranded”

Written on: 22/09/2014 by Jules1979 (4 reviews written)

I am very angry with Rescuemycar.com ! I only wish I had read the reviews rather than trusting the comparison website that allows there immoral activities! Yes I am a victim of this apparent hidden tick box that bypasses innocent comparison site users, I broke down this morning 12 miles from home, my clutch went so I ring rescuemycar using my work mobile as unbeknown to me, my personal phone had very little charge left on it. Over 20 minutes of loud distorted music later someone finally… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Jules1979's Review

Written on: 25/09/2014

“left stranded”

Written on: 21/09/2014 by Rey1977 (1 review written)

i sighned up with rescue my car any where in uk they said id not. they left me stranded for 4 hours no call back could not fix my car left me stranded bad companny. i am disabled too buy cheap you get cheap… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/09/2014

“Stay away.”

Written on: 19/09/2014 by AxelPeterson (1 review written)

I used this company for two years and paid my 10 months yearly instalments but my car broke down a month to the end of the last year and was scrapped so I advised them thinking they were going to refund me or something nice instead they charged me £28.53 extra cancellation fee even though I had paid for an extra month without using the car. It's a waste of time. Secondly I was stopped last year by police that my car wasn't insured so I had to provide proof of insurance and was asked to… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/09/2014