Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover Reviews - www.rescuemycar.com

Media Gallery for Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

“NIGHTMARE”

Written on: 19/10/2014

Joined August 2014, had to contact them Monday evening 13 October 8:10 approx. FINALLY got through to someone even though I was 'number 1' in the queue. Lady on phone demanded £40 debit card payment BEFORE she could even discuss my problem (this is on top of £28.50 membership). Went on to state that I would have to pay £40 for each call out etc......not a good start. It was dark and wet and I was on my own, she finally took my details and location and said I would get a text to let me… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/10/2014

On behalf of Rescuemycar I apologise for the poor experience you have received.

As a company we always try to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, but value all feedback we receive.

I would like to help to resolve these issues, so please contact us by phone. Alternatively, if you would prefer a call back, please email and leave contact details to the email address on our website.

Hadrian98's Comment

Written on: 20/10/2014

I have written to you regarding this - letter dated 15 October and posted first class.

“TERRIBLE INSURANCE COMPANY!!”

Written on: 13/10/2014 by soCantuItalian150 (1 review written)

I have been with this company nearly a year, all was fine at first. On two occasions they have taken double out for my insurance, I had to call them to ask for a refund whilst being diverted to different people to sort there mess out!! Took 3-5 days to refund me it, when should of been instant as it's there MISTAKE. Another one, changing my address I called up and was fine, to call back at a later stage to change my number plate to private they ask for £30 of me, when during my call to amend… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/10/2014

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 13/10/2014 by darkside123456 (1 review written)

Took out a policy and still waiting after 2 weeks for confirmation email. Called customer services who claim to have emailed me 4 times but I still haven't received it. They just don't care. Don't waste your money and buy from a reputable company instead… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to darkside123456's Review

Written on: 14/10/2014

Rescuemycar

“Broke down minutes of my policy starting, no help just...”

Written on: 07/10/2014 by Parrishxb278 (1 review written)

I got breakdown cover when I brought my car insurance on the 2nd. I recived email confirmation on the 3rd of October saying everything was fine. Anyway a few days later on the 5th october my brake warning light came on as well as my engine management light. I managed to get home at 11.30PM and phoned them about 15 minutes later to see if sombody would come out and look. I was told my policy didn't start until the 6th (which would have been in 15 minutes) and they couldn't come out and it would… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/10/2014

Written on: 08/10/2014

Rescuemycar

“DANGER!!!never use this company ”

Written on: 06/10/2014 by kellygarrett (1 review written)

i am disgusted with rescue my car.broke down on the m5 lady with my dog near bristol at about 5pm. a man arrived at 7pm his first words to me were "if that dog bites me am gonna punch it in the mouth" from there it went from bad to worse i got in his van 2 minutes off the motorway the tow bar attached to my car snapped! my car went down the road 30ft with my dog in the drivers seat and crashed in to the curb narrowly missing other road users behind he left me there an he got a flatbed he then… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to kellygarrett's Review

Written on: 07/10/2014

Kelly82Garrett's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 07/10/2014

i have contacted you by phone email and letter and i was offered £100 that i refused as it in no way compensates for the total loss of a car and the terrible experiences i had. you have my email and phone number already and your response of £100 is not good enough so i have sent a letter before legal action. people deserve better service than this i depended on your company and you have let me down all the way.

Paula.terr01's reply to Kelly82Garrett's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2014

Thank you for writing this review. I was just about to buy this cover for my 19 year old daughter in her first car . I shall be steering well clear now. What a nightmare for you. I hope you get this mess sorted out soon

Kelly82Garrett's reply to Paula.terr01's Comment

Written on: 12/10/2014

thankyou for your comment at least i no 1 good thing has come from my bad experience. best of luck ; )

“Disgusting and immoral”

Written on: 28/09/2014 by Redeemed (1 review written)

This company left me, a lone woman, on my own after I broke down and would only come out if I paid £40. Customer 'service' were very uncaring and left me to get on with it and offered no other alternative. Luckily, I was not too far from home and called on family to rescue me. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!… Read Full Review

Happyamanda's Response to Redeemed's Review

Written on: 28/09/2014

I thought £40 was the excess isnt that what you signed up to?

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Redeemed's Review

Written on: 29/09/2014

Beanyian's Response to Redeemed's Review

Written on: 29/09/2014

when I went with rescue my car I asked for breakdown cover to which I was told I got until I received my documents I had a £40 execess to pay then I had a hit & run driver to which my car was a right off my car was taken away & 3 months later im still waiting for a payout ive even got police to put a stolen marker on her as I don't even know where it is. I cant wait til feb when I have to renew my insurance & do u think il come back to this so called company would I heck as like I find them so useless that my 9 yr old can do a better job this place needs shutting down for good

“These people are dangerous and leave you stranded”

Written on: 22/09/2014 by Jules1979 (4 reviews written)

I am very angry with Rescuemycar.com ! I only wish I had read the reviews rather than trusting the comparison website that allows there immoral activities! Yes I am a victim of this apparent hidden tick box that bypasses innocent comparison site users, I broke down this morning 12 miles from home, my clutch went so I ring rescuemycar using my work mobile as unbeknown to me, my personal phone had very little charge left on it. Over 20 minutes of loud distorted music later someone finally… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to Jules1979's Review

Written on: 25/09/2014

“left stranded”

Written on: 21/09/2014 by Rey1977 (1 review written)

i sighned up with rescue my car any where in uk they said id not. they left me stranded for 4 hours no call back could not fix my car left me stranded bad companny. i am disabled too buy cheap you get cheap… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/09/2014

“Stay away.”

Written on: 19/09/2014 by AxelPeterson (1 review written)

I used this company for two years and paid my 10 months yearly instalments but my car broke down a month to the end of the last year and was scrapped so I advised them thinking they were going to refund me or something nice instead they charged me £28.53 extra cancellation fee even though I had paid for an extra month without using the car. It's a waste of time. Secondly I was stopped last year by police that my car wasn't insured so I had to provide proof of insurance and was asked to… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/09/2014

“ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING COMPANY”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by Allen342 (1 review written)

Have just received letter advising they have cancelled my insurance some 5 days ago. Thought it was a legal requirement to advise of cancellation by letter in ADVANCE. Despite paying in full, sending proof of ncb. They are trying to say I have never sent a copy of driving licence. Utter rubbish, I have proof on my computer that emails were sent and received by them. They are now "hoping" to keep nearly 50% of my premium. Watch this space, I should have read reviews before paying them. If anyone… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/09/2014

Gieves's Comment

Written on: 15/09/2014

Have already spoken to you, cancelling an insurance policy without the legal 7 days prior notice, is final enough. Amazing how you can generate an automated response to a bad review, however cannot contact your customers automated or in person when cancelling a fully paid up insurance policy, due to your own administrative shortcomings.

“Disgraceful inadequate and incompetent”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by leanetta (1 review written)

I expected to wait awhile, as it was a bank holiday, but I did not expect this company to drop my car whilst loading it, letting it slide down the M5, and consequently been written off by my insurers!!!! Rescue my car are refusing to co-operate, the tow truck was using unlicenced plates, the police don't seem to be bothered.....take my advice, please...DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY11… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to leanetta's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

“Awful moneygrabbers!”

Written on: 01/09/2014 by emgo (1 review written)

I write today to express my absolute disgust in relation to rescuemycar.com. I took out a policy recently with rescue my car. I received a letter from them explaining that they will be cancelling my policy if I do not send in my documents (No claims bonus, driving licence copy). I contacted the company to explain that I will be sending them in, after 1 hour being on hold they gave an email address to send them to. Unfortunately, I lost the email address I was given. I therefore, went online to… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to emgo's Review

Emgo's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2014

Unfortunately I have tried to phone. I'm on hold each time for over an hour. Apparently waiting is part of the service I paid for...your manager also informed that customer services have other customers that have enquiries and that part of your service involves having to wait.

As well as this you have left no name to contact you.

I have also emailed through the website several times with no phone call or email back.

You are welcome to call me in relation to this. The above information was also sent in using your online email.

I have spent more than enough money attempting to contact your company only to be spoken to like filth. If you would like to contact me to resolve the issue you will find my contact details within my records( policy number nci01/0000030756).
I look forward to your call.
I will be updating my review following a telephone call and hopefully a resolution. Although I shall not hold my breath.
If anyone reads this and sees no post please assume that I received no phone call.

Gieves's reply to Emgo's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2014

Would you like to join in a joint legal procedure on this company to get our money back, their service is seriously lacking and I intend to take them to Court for my money back, am following Financial Ombudsman procedure at moment, as this is required . They should not be allowed to get away with this. They clearly graduated from the school of rudeness and arrogance with honours.

“EXTREMELY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

Written on: 31/08/2014

I had a slight problem with my bank account and my DD did not go though for the month. i then called customer services on several occasions to make a payment without any success. i decided to see how long it takes customer services to answer. First call took 59mins 42 secs and the line just went dead. Second call was 1h11min 6 secs on hold and it went off again. Third call was 1hr 31 min and 03 secs and again, the line went off without me talking to anyone. In total, I have been put on hold… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar

“Long wait times if you need assistance - cancelled my...”

Written on: 29/08/2014 by emabrunton (2 reviews written)

Insurance cover: I did not have to make a claim luckily (hence 2 star not one - I am a fair person) but on moving home I was told that they could no longer insure me for that area! That is fine if they cannot but then they charged me £20 admin fee and I have to go elsewhere which was a real pain and cost me more money on deposits etc. They then (after being on hold for 53 mins to ask for my NCB certificate!) said they'd email my No Claims Bonus by Tuesday - on the following Friday I waited on… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to emabrunton's Review

Written on: 29/08/2014

Emabrunton's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2014

How will you resolve the issues? Put more people on the phones to lower wait times and retrain your staff on how to explain what needs to happen in the event of a cancellation and refund my cancellation charge?!

Other than that - there is nothing else you can do for me.

“read small print”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by Maxwellhd361 (1 review written)

just useless. plain useless. never again will i pay for something they'll wriggle out of. just when you need them, they're not covering you. beware - your car need to be under 16 years old. - no matter how well maintained or new all the parts are. classic car drivers, you have been warned. i too, wish there was a minus star rating… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

“close the place down”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by hgvman (1 review written)

I wouldn't recommend this place to my toilet they are extremely bad stay well clear if there was a minus star they would be getting that… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to hgvman's Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

Hgvman's reply to Rescuemycar.com's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2014

U takeing the pee its like talking to a brick wall I'd get more done from a chimp than you lot

“Not worth free.”

Written on: 17/08/2014 by MaryGallagher108 (1 review written)

Only been with this company a few weeks after getting cover free through money supermarket website. There was a minor mistake in my address on my policy. I called customer services at 11am on a Wednesday (not exactly peak time) and went from 'position 5' to 'position 3' in 25 minutes and I gave up. I was trawling reviews of the company while I was online and noticed everybody seems to call and end up a 'position 5'. I also read about people being put on hold when calling for a breakdown so out… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar

“It has taken 8 days to update our new car details on...”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by Kyleeg357 (1 review written)

It has taken 8 days to update our new car details on our policy! On my 7th day of trying to get through , I managed to prepare and cook an evening meal whilst on hold only to have the phone answered and then put down on me. I was promised a call back from a lady who then answered from the sales department, but unsurprisingly, this never came. I hope I never need to use you in an emergency and will not use you again, or be recommending you… Read Full Review

“Disgusting company”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by AntoniaNolan (1 review written)

Disgusting company, refused to tow me due to the value of my car when this is mentioned nowhere in my policy. When questioned they had no valid reasons for why I could not be towed and basically admitted it was due to the costs they would incur. Clearly the did not want to fork out to take me 8 hours home. Was picked up by police and slept in hotel lobby for being in such a dangerous situation. After 16hours of being broken down I forced for a second look by a different mechanic and my car was… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to AntoniaNolan's Review

Rescuemycar

“NEVER EVER USE - DAY LIGHT ROBBERS”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by mattmattmatt2014 (1 review written)

I've just had an absolute nightmare with this company - STAY CLEAR. They fraudulently took my money (the online form to pay for the breakdown cover completed without my consent, and without the final step of 'confirm payment' we're accustomed to finding when buying anything online) So I called them up and explained this no more than 5 minutes after they took the money, and was told that there was no way they could cancel it and if i wanted the money back it would cost £5. completely… Read Full Review

Rescuemycar.com's Response to mattmattmatt2014's Review