Einhell MK38 Reviews

Einhell MK38 - Ask a question now

Einhell MK38

“I have an Einhell MK38. After one year it is working...”

Written on: 25/08/2008 by Loathecliff (1 review written)

I have an Einhell MK38. After one year it is working fine. Easy to start & maintain. After looking at other Chinese chain saws this is by far the best.
Sure if I used one everyday I would have bought a Swedish badged job, but I haven't seen one anywhere near the £170 mark, loads more!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Einhell MK38

“I exchanged my saw 3 times before giving up and...”

Written on: 08/05/2008 by skifan (1 review written)

I exchanged my saw 3 times before giving up and getting a refund from Argos.
The first saw would never start.
The second saw started but the nuts securing the bar were so tight that I couldn't undo them and hence couldn't tighten the chain.
The third saw started only once after a mammouth amount of trying.
The fourth saw worked OK for about 10 minutes and then would 'die' whenever put on load.
USELESS! I have since bought a Ryobi from Screwfix… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Einhell MK38

“I bought an Einhell MK38 chainsaw and tried it out on...”

Written on: 31/12/2006 by johnworman (1 review written)

I bought an Einhell MK38 chainsaw and tried it out on my return home. It would not start, despite repeated attempts at priming the fuel and trying different choke settings. I returned the saw for repair, and when I got it back it had the same problem. I insisted on a new one, which again I tried when I got home. It ran for about 3 hours (15 minutes cutting, 5 minute break, 15 minutes cutting etc.) and then stopped again. Despite cleaning the plug and checking the fuel flow, I have been unable… Read Full Review

Seisix6's Response to 272609_johnworman's Review

Written on: 13/09/2007

These cheap petrol chainsaws are all the same! OK if you want to take down the odd branch, or saw up a few logs. The problem is that they only have a limited lifespan on the engine [sometimes as short as 20 hours], and because of the low grade materials used in manufacture, some of them won't even run out of the box! Most of these are of Chinese origin, and are sold by the big multiples in-house under their own brands [Performance power etc].
<br/>
<br/>My advice is to spend that little bit more and go for a good brand. Cheap and reliable [backed up by specialist dealers] saws include Husqvarna 137, Oleo-mac 937, Efco 137, Stihl MS 180. All can normally be had, run up and ready to go from a local dealer for less than £170.00. All feature far superior power to weight than the cheap saws, and all are designed to do 300 - 400 hours work if looked after.