MonkeyShine Reviews - www.monkeyshine.co.uk

MonkeyShine - www.monkeyshine.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Guys.........I have some important info for you all....”

Written on: 15/12/2009

Guys.........I have some important info for you all. I've been doing some investigative on the couple that own Monkeyshine ltd. A MR Gary Clay and sarah clay. It turns out they have set up a IVA so if you would like your money back contact me for details and will give you everything you need.
rita.booker@btinternet.com… Read Full Review

“ ”

Written on: 26/10/2009 by magsandwillie (1 review written)

Same as everyone else Ordered a sandpit back in June it's now nearly November, they took my money quickly enough!-no reply to emails or phone.How do we get our money back? This was my sons birthday money… Read Full Review

Gemw's Response to magsandwillie's Review

Written on: 22/11/2009

have you rang trading standards? i have reported monkeyshine to them.
<br/>
<br/>i wrote a letter (at their advice) to monkeyshine managing director, and sent it by recorded delivery but it was returned to me unopened. i contacted the post office who said the unit where they were they were working has been closed down and the workers 'laid off'. trading standards said i'd need to pursue compensation through the small claims courts or through my credit card company, i chose the latter.

“ordered back in August.....rung and rung...emailed and...”

Written on: 06/10/2009

ordered back in August.....rung and rung...emailed and emailed.......no response!! I rung another unit next door to monkeyshine and they informed me they have/will be going bankrupt!! Awful service!! Would suggest everyone keeping an eye on companieshouse.gov.uk for insolvency!! Been advise could take months! But i want all my money back....this shouldn't be allowed… Read Full Review

Gemw's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2009

have you contacted trading standards? i have and am now claiming through barclaycard.
<br/>

“I ordered a toy box form monkeyshine in early August,...”

Written on: 23/09/2009

I ordered a toy box form monkeyshine in early August, payment was taken the next day and I'm still £153 worse off with nothing to show for it... I've emailed and phoned with no response, and given the website has now been down for some time can only assume they've gone out of business. Any suggestions of what actions could be taken to get my money back would be gratefully received!… Read Full Review

“Are MonkeyShine still in business? I placed an order...”

Written on: 15/09/2009

Are MonkeyShine still in business? I placed an order in June. Payment was taken and I am still waiting for delivery. I have had no answer to my emails. Nobody answers their phone… Read Full Review

Gemw's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2009

hi. i have previously left my comments on here (i ordered a wooden bathroom step) and i have rang monkeyshine, emailed them & sent letters by recorded delivery. phone calls & emails were not replied to & the letters i sent were returned to me by the post office.
<br/>i have been following the advice of trading standards from the start. trading standards suggested to me that i take monkeyshine to court to get my money back, which i was reluctant to do because i would be out of pocket again untill the company director has to cough up what he owes us! i spoke to my credit card company again and they have recredited my account and they are now chasing the money from monkeyshine which is a huge relief.
<br/>
<br/>i would advise you to speak to trading standards to log your complaint & speak to your credit card company too, who should reimburse you as the transaction was over &pound;100. i also want to add that i spoke to withernsea post office when i was trying to find out if my letters had been received and they told me the unit where monkeyshine was situated has closed down and a friend of hers worked there and is now out of a job! if that's not confirmation they're sipping on cocktails in the bahamas spending our money then what i?!
<br/>
<br/>i wish you good luck and post back on here to let me and others know how you get on.

“I ordered a wooden bathroom step from...”

Written on: 30/08/2009 by gemW (1 review written)

I ordered a wooden bathroom step from Monkeyshine.co.uk, payment was debited immediently from my card, 9 days later it still had not arrived so i contacted them to see when item would be delivered. Monkeyshine do not answer their phones or phone their customers back. i emailed them, cancelling my order. got an abrupt email back saying i would have to pay for return postage, i then emailed them back to say that according to their site item had not been dispatched yet! Another week later a… Read Full Review

“I have already recommended this website to friends....”

Written on: 14/12/2008 by carolehibbett (1 review written)

I have already recommended this website to friends. They use a courier at very good value, which means it was quicker and WAS delivered (better than I would have got with Royal mail at this time of the year). They also give you the possibility to have the delivery at a different address to your home - useful when you work and I could also have chosen the day of delivery if the one they had offered was not convenient. What a fantastic service! toy ordered on Monday night late, they text me the… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Monkeyshine also debited my card the day after I...”

Written on: 18/11/2008 by CLAIRSY (1 review written)

Monkeyshine also debited my card the day after I placed my order. I ordered £25 worth of bits and that was 3rd september 2008 and it is now 18th november, still have received nothing yet and they have never answered their phones whenever I have tried to phone them… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“They debited my money instantly, have failed to...”

Written on: 06/10/2008 by steve Trent (1 review written)

They debited my money instantly, have failed to dispatch goods and then failed to refund goods as yet. They do not answer the phone whenever I phone them, simply goes to an automated system that makes an attempt at credibility… Read Full Review

Gemw's Response to 407324_steve Trent's Review

Written on: 30/08/2009

hi. have you contacted trading standards?

“MonkeyShine redefine customer service! The item I...”

Written on: 30/12/2006 by scrapbooksarah (2 reviews written)

MonkeyShine redefine customer service! The item I ordered took 1 day to arrive. They sent me a box of free stocking fillers, and they have also given me 10% off my next purchase. Plus, they were so nice on the phone! And to top it all off, they offer a 2 year warranty, when everybody else only gives a year… Read Full Review