Damien Rice, 9 Reviews

Damien Rice, 9 - Ask a question now

Damien Rice, 9

“Damien Rice should be proud of this piece - 9 is a...”

Written on: 21/07/2007 by Cognition (90 reviews written)

Damien Rice should be proud of this piece - 9 is a collection of 'deep' songs that work well as an album.

My only problem with 9 is the track 'Fallen Tree' in which Damien seems to explode an 'f - bomb' - that is to say, the lyrics aren't very 'clever' - I find this swearing to be a bit excessive despite the fact that it was intended to provoke emotion and portray a feeling of anger.

Aside from this slight down point, I would recommend 9 to anyone - and although I'm not familiar with O… Read Full Review

Damien Rice, 9

“I was completely addicted to 'O'. I did not think...”

Written on: 10/07/2007 by Charco (1 review written)

I was completely addicted to 'O'. I did not think another album would ever touch it. I was wrong. 9 just shows the raw talent Damien Rice has. Some albums can become jaded if they are over listened to, but that can't be said about this - a pure joy to listen to… Read Full Review

Damien Rice, 9

“There is only one word to describe '9' and that is WOW! ”

Written on: 21/12/2006 by emza2511 (176 reviews written)

There is only one word to describe '9' and that is WOW!

As a follow up album to Damien Rice's 'O', I didn't think it would even come close to comparing to it, but this album just shows how talented this guy is! Another masterpiece! Check out track 2; that's my personal favourite!… Read Full Review

Damien Rice, 9

“Admittedly, I thought that after Damien Rice's "O"...”

Written on: 09/12/2006 by viking06 (52 reviews written)

Admittedly, I thought that after Damien Rice's "O" album that anything he did afterwards wouldn't make up to it. However, as soon as I listened to the first track on his new album "9," I was proven very wrong. From the opening strums of '9 Crimes' and the first few lines of Lisa Hannigan's glorious vocal, it's painfully obvious to hear that 9 is just as stunning.
This is a beautiful album. I would definitely recommened to others… Read Full Review