Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 Reviews

Max. Sample Rate 48 kHz
Type Sound Cards

Manufacturer: Creative Labs
Features:
  • Experience real-time digital audio & effects with head-turning 3-D positional audio from the EMU10K1 Digital Signal Processor
  • Create CD quality MP3 or WMA files with a 320Kbps encoder & up to 9x encoding acceleration
  • Surround yourself with theater-like Dolby Digital 5.1 audio in movies
  • Easily connect to Cambridge SoundWorks DTT3500, DTT2200 and other Dolby Digital-ready 5.1 home theater systems
  • Compatible with Windows 95/98/98SE/NT/2000/ME
  • Refine your search

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“The Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 is a good sound card ”

Written on: 18/05/2009

The Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 is a good sound card… Read Full Review

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“its a very good for home theatre. i have sound blaster...”

Written on: 22/04/2008

its a very good for home theatre. i have sound blaster live 5.1 in my PC but the front left spaker
    is nocan u guide me how can i do it?t working. so pleaz… Read Full Review

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“Yesterday I had purchased a Creative 5.1 (5200)...”

Written on: 22/08/2005 by balajirangaswamy (1 review written)

Yesterday I had purchased a Creative 5.1 (5200) speaker system for my Creative sound blaster live 5.1 card from a shop named Venus electronics in Bangalore, India. As per the instruction leaflet, I connected the speaker system to my card, but the centre speaker is not working. I checked for functionality of the centre speaker with other ports (LH, RH, Rear), it works. What could be reason for the malfunction of the centre speaker? Is there any problem with the Sub-woofer box (Amplifier) or… Read Full Review

Suman Sarkar's Response to 207232_balajirangaswamy's Review

Written on: 04/05/2006

Open Creative Play Centre, at the bottom you see an an arrow, there is two option On/Off. Check it On, and find that your centre speaker is working.

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“I bougth the soundblaster live 5.1. I have had it for...”

Written on: 18/07/2005 by irfanaliy2k (1 review written)

I bougth the soundblaster live 5.1. I have had it for some time now, but when I was watching a DVD on my computer, I got some funny noises and my computer crashed. After that, my sound card has not been working. Everytime I try to fix it, it say's that the device is not working, and something about ERROR 12!! Please can you help? as I have tried everything, but still can't get it to work, thank you… Read Full Review

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1: This is a good all...”

Written on: 24/06/2005 by intrepi (5 reviews written)

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1: This is a good all around board with good software but the lack of support and problems related with this board if something goes wrong is frustrating and to be avoided. I would not recommend this board or any Creative product as support is just too bad and frustrating to deal with. Try to get support before you buy and then decide for yourself… Read Full Review

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“Ok, I am on my computer and put a cd in turn the music...”

Written on: 24/03/2004 by eddyaxe (1 review written)

Ok, I am on my computer and put a cd in turn the music on, But the sound is just not what I expect, I am very disapointed. This is what I felt like before I found the Creative Soundblaster live 5.1 Sound Card, My mate had a sound card which had 5.1 surround sound and even though he had two standard speakers the quality was exellant. I wanted to buy a 5.1 sound card but the one my mate had was very expensive (over £100) and I did not have that money to spare. I browsed the interent and found… Read Full Review

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“This board is good for the money but it took a lot of...”

Written on: 10/01/2003 by intrepi. (1 review written)

This board is good for the money but it took a lot of long distance calls at my expense no 800 # to call in Canada. It took a long time to get them to give me authorization to send it to them even though it was a brand new board. I refuse to buy any Creative Products as they are just too hard to get support from...period… Read Full Review

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“Don`t confuse the Creative Soundblaster live 5.1...”

Written on: 15/10/2002 by skeletor. (1 review written)

Don`t confuse the Creative Soundblaster live 5.1 Digital Entertainment (DE) with the Creative live 5.1 Value. They are totally different soundcards. Only better thing than 5.1 DE is Audigy and platinum series in all over the world and it's the first 5.1 card that doesn`t need Dolby Digital Decoder. It has its own decoder software. But Value is a cheap version of this card that does not have anything to do with real quality in Creative world… Read Full Review

60520_Mike.'s Response to skeletor.'s Review

Written on: 26/12/2002

Thanks, I was wondering if it was worth the money saved to just buy a soundblaster live 5.1 value but this basically told me what I needed to know.

Jerryjeys876's Response to skeletor.'s Review

Written on: 27/06/2005

Sorry, but I do not agree. The Live Value is a VERY good card for those who don't need 5.1, but want to play some good games.
    <br>The S/N ratio is exactly the same as the Digital 5.1 and installation and operation of the card is a bit easier than the 5.1 Digital. So this has nothing to do with 'lower quality'. The 5.1 Digital is a bit more complicated, but offers more connectivity and true 5.1 channel audio. For games I personally prefer the Value version and for 5.1 surround I prefer the Audigy 2 (or later versions), because the Audigy 2 has 24bit D/A converters which is a MUST for modern high quality DVDs.

69552_Ryan.'s Response to skeletor.'s Review

Written on: 01/02/2003

I fought with my Live 5.1 Digital for a couple of days! Very frustrating! No faq's fit the problem I encountered with the card not mention the card could not be found on the US web site. The card I purchased was a oem version and I got it for very cheap! I finally found that the included soft ware which includes it's own player was muted permanently for some odd reason! I tried every conceivable thing to unmute it but it remained muted, with it's little red X over it. I finally removed all the software and boom! Music sound everything! Oh yeah the engraving on the back is wrong also! it shows the green mini jack as a in put with its little arrow pointing in. Traditionally green means speaker! And it still does on this card also. Don't pay much attention to the arrows! The card seems to be a European only version? Although this one has two extra connections on it that don't show up on any of the 5.1 Live Digital cards shown on the European web site there's a wide white port for a connector aft of all of the other ports on the side of the card for internal connections. There is also another connection on forward edge but it is not marked as a SPIDF or the digital I/O device connection? I gather the first one is some kind of power out support for some device as it looks very similar to the power connections on old AT mother board. Maybe a manufacturer specified connection for some computer manufacturer? Who kow's I can't even find update drivers for this STRANGE ANIMAL! Thats what I get for saving a few dollars!

☆☆☆☆☆
    Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“Creative so far has not been of any help with my...”

Written on: 01/06/2002 by scamp42. (1 review written)

Creative so far has not been of any help with my Soundblaster Live 5.1 Sound Card. I'm taking this one back and getting my money back. I'v had a soundblaster live value for 4 years and have had no trouble with it. It's too bad I can't say the same thing for the Creative Soundblaster live 5.1… Read Full Review

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“The Sound BLaster Live! card from Creative is one...”

Written on: 21/04/2002 by Rob Cooke. (1 review written)

The Sound BLaster Live! card from Creative is one quality peice of kit. The sound quality is amazing, and the software ain't too bad either, actually it's great. I recommend this card to anyone who has a good ear for sound… Read Full Review

Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

“The SoundBlaster Live 5.1 from Creative is a...”

Written on: 13/01/2002 by overkill. (1 review written)

The SoundBlaster Live 5.1 from Creative is a well-priced (oem version) sound card with excellent features and sound. Marred by incompatibilty with many motherboards and needs to be set up by a real expert if you have a VIA chipset on your board… Read Full Review

42020_Theflamingwoosh.'s Response to 9332_overkill.'s Review

Written on: 06/10/2002

very good review.

Mk2Escort391's Response to 9332_overkill.'s Review

Written on: 03/05/2004

mine works fine and with my creative 5.1 surround sound p580 speakers sounds excellent and cost next to nothing for the whole lot from scan computers in bolton. would reccomend

Robnc.'s Response to 9332_overkill.'s Review

Written on: 02/11/2002

I guess I am an expert then. I run the SB Live 5.1 on a Shuttle AK35GT2 and an MSI board. Both are Via Based boards running AMD Durons. Had some slight problems with a "Feedback" situation on some games. Remedied by installing the latest drivers from Creative. Using Win2000 and WinXP. Problem does not show up in 98/Me.
    One thing is to make sure you Allocate an IRQ in the BIOS for it. And make sure there ARE NO items sharing an IRQ on your bootup screen. Nice cards for the money.