Dell Axim X51v Reviews

Input Method: Microphone Touch Screen Handwrite Recognition 5-Way Navigator
Interface Type: Bluetooth Wireless Technology Infrared Wi-Fi
PDA Special Features: Led Notification
Security Features: Security Password
Expansion Slot: SDIO Slot Secure Digital (SD) Card Slot MultiMediaCard (MMC) Slot CompactFlash (CF) Type II Slot
Display
Display Technology: Transflective Color TFT
Screen Size (Diagonal): 3.7 inch
Screen Resolution: 480 x 640
Color Depth: 24-bit (16.7M colors)
Multimedia
Weight: 175.8 g
Cradle type: USB Cradle
Included Accessories: Soft Slip Case AC adapter Carrying Case

Dell Axim X51v

“I have owned my X51V for about 18 months. Main aims...”

Written on: 02/09/2007 by haggardpete (10 reviews written)

I have owned my X51V for about 18 months. Main aims were GPS mapping, to get some limited MS office type functionality and pick up emails.

I have managed to achieve my goals in varying degrees, but the experience whilst getting there has not been good. I have lost track of the number of issues I had with this unit but a few follow.
1. As shipped the WI-FI functionality barely operated.
2. It was shipped with a bug which made the unit run incredibly slowly when a CF card was used (A patch for… Read Full Review

Travelboy's Response to haggardpete's Review

Written on: 02/09/2008

I agree with this review because... the battery life is a bit bad. To get the best out of it, you need to upgrade the battery. Saying that, the processor is damn fast 620mhz. For that reason it could be a power consumer!

Dell Axim X51v

“"What made me buy a PDA???"........I ask myself. With...”

Written on: 23/03/2007 by barryoor (2 reviews written)

"What made me buy a PDA???"........I ask myself. With access to computers and the internet everywhere is there any need for a PDA? Also with the smartphones catching up fast why does one need a PDA?
With these questions in mind I have been contemplating over a six months about whether I should buy a PDA or not. I also wanted to buy a personal media player which would play my audio and video 'on the move'.
After a lot of research on the net and wasting a lot of my useful time thinking...I made… Read Full Review