Curves Reviews

Curves - Ask a question now

Curves

“Great Gym for me but not for everyone”

Written on: 11/10/2014 by Jacobs438 (1 review written)

I live in South Africa. I signed up at Curves because I have a beach vacation planned in 3 months and need to shape up. I could not think of anything worse than signing up at a "normal" gym, as I have done this many times in my life and I usually go for about 2 months and then give up and don't go even though I was paying every month. I signed up the Curves in my area, as it's literally on my way home from work and they also claimed to be a 30 minute workout. So I thought that this was the… Read Full Review

“Love it”

Written on: 24/11/2013

I have just returned to Curves following a long break due to a calf injury ( not caused through Curves) it is great, very effective very friendly and welcoming and quick which is what i want when working full time. The hours have been extended too which is a bonus as are the variety of classes on top of the circuit training… Read Full Review

“owners”

Written on: 19/06/2013

not pleased at all with the curves I go to,had to change curves do to closing unexpectedly,great for socializing making new friends,five years no weight loss glad my insurance pays… Read Full Review

Curves

“ok but boring. not for anyone who wants variety or options”

Written on: 06/10/2012

I love circuit training i've done it in classes and with personal trainers before joined curves a bit back and it was so dull and boring the first few times yer its good but to go regularly to something that doesn't change much and staff dont seem to be as informed or involved in fitness… Read Full Review

Curves

“Easy, Fun, Gets Results!”

Written on: 29/03/2012

Curves does exactly what is promises and it has made a massive difference to my life. The people, the philosophy, even the exercises. Love the 30 minute ethos and most importantly I love that it actually works. Would recommend to anyone that wants to lose a few pounds and feel better about themselves. Even the community is just so much more welcoming than at other gyms. Great job… Read Full Review

Curves

“I joined my local Curves a month ago and I have to say...”

Written on: 17/05/2011

I joined my local Curves a month ago and I have to say I absolutely love it. The equipment is easy to use and I am thrilled with the results. Since I joined I have lost 5lbs in weight and 17.5 inches in total from my bust, hips, thighs and arms. I feel better than I have done in years and would recommend it to anyone who would like to improve their fitness and have a great time in doing it.

The only downside is that they are not open at weekends and that you do have to sign up for a minimum… Read Full Review

Savvygymuser's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2012

It's fantastic to hear you have benefitted from Curves. So often on Review Centre and other review forums we see just the bad feedback, the negative things from people who want to be nasty. We often take it at face value and always forget that for every dissastisfied customer there are 100's of genuine, happy satisfied people.

Good luck with the rest of your training!

Curves

“Signed up for Curves last year as a few of my friends...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

Signed up for Curves last year as a few of my friends had done the same and they raved about it......the enthusiasm was short lived...for me and them. I have ended up with a torn rotator cuff, sore back and knees. I have now no faith in the instructors as each of them tell you different ways of using some of the machines. I am not sure if they are qualified or not but it gives me great concern if they aren't as there are elderly people using the machines and if they are not taught properly… Read Full Review

Curves

“I just love Curves - it is a workout that is fun and...”

Written on: 27/05/2008

I just love Curves - it is a workout that is fun and fast and do-able. I can fit it into my busy schedule.
Excellent idea - love my workouts (and I'm not a fitness-freak)… Read Full Review

Curves

“The gym is really easy and it only takes 30 mins for a...”

Written on: 27/07/2007 by matilda2 (11 reviews written)

The gym is really easy and it only takes 30 mins for a workout which is so handy and it can be fitted into your day so easily. The machines are easy to use and the staff are great, really helpful… Read Full Review

Izzie's Response to matilda2's Review

Written on: 24/09/2008

I found this review unhelpful because it was not specific enough to allow me to make an informed decision about whether to join Curves or not.

Curves

“I've achieved great results and feel fitter than ever!...”

Written on: 01/12/2006 by Angelique1 (1 review written)

I've achieved great results and feel fitter than ever! I never thought i would enjoy working out, but i love coming here to keep fit… Read Full Review

Mac99's Response to Angelique1's Review

Written on: 15/01/2007

My daughter and I have just decided to join our local Curves. Reading your review has really helped us make our decision.

Izzie's Response to Angelique1's Review

Written on: 24/09/2008

I found this review helpful because it gave specific information and a better idea of what to expect from Curves.