Web Mania www.web-mania.co.uk Reviews

Comment from Review Centre

Note from Review Centre.

This company is no longer trading.
Web Mania www.web-mania.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Web Mania www.web-mania.co.uk

Web Mania www.web-mania.co.uk

“Escape from yorhost”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by EmeryMcDonald146 (1 review written)

The escape from Yorhost requires time, forward planning and possibly the help of onlinenic, the company that Yorhost uses to register its (your) domain names ( in the case of non uk domains) Contrary to many reviews, I have had a reasonable service from web-mania and Yorhost. The problem with them is that communication is difficult as the phone line has never ever been answered and the email delay is too long for me. So I decided to move to another hosting company, with reluctance. That was… Read Full Review

“Avoid Web-Mania and Yorhost”

Written on: 06/03/2013

I've been with them for at least 5 years, and I've been treated shoddily. At one point paid for my hosting and domain (rolling over a year) only to find that it expired anyway. It took 2 months to get it back online, and I didn't receive any money/time compensation. I've repeatedly had my main domain parked for no reason. I'm writing this review now because it's happened again. The only reason I'm still with them is because I don't have time to transfer to someone else, but believe me, I will… Read Full Review

Agile's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2014

You assume that it is an "office". The reality is that must be running it from his home ( which is traceable by the way ) as he would never pay any rent and would have been evicted by now.

There is a useful post on Pistonheads about how he is a reseller and whom can help to get domains transferred away from him.

Its a pity he could; have done very well if only he had put the effort into doing the admin properly.

I expect several may have taken him to court and he probably has a few CCJs against him!

“Webmania and Yorhost DO NOT USE”

Written on: 21/02/2013

I had many good years with Web-mania in the mid 2000's. However their recent liquidation and conversion into YorHost has prompted a whole load of complaints from people. I was one of the unlucky ones who paid YorHost to renew domains and basically had my money stolen by them with no sign of a domain renewal. I eventually managed to transfer my 3 domains away at added cost to myself. DO NOT USE YORHOST - You will lose money and will not receive any service at all. … Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE! Webmania.co.uk or yorhost.co.uk”

Written on: 03/11/2012

DO NOT USE! Webmania.co.uk or yorhost.co.uk… Read Full Review

“Are you receiving false invoices from YorHost?”

Written on: 01/08/2012

I think it is time to sort out this guy. This guy could have done a lot more to help the people he has inconvenienced, however what he is doing with YorHost is beyond the pale. Many of us have lost money and been given an immense amount of trouble by the collapse of Web Mania Ltd. Some of us still have issues to sort out. I am receiving invoices off his new company YorHost for domains that are no longer registered with Web Mania Ltd and I have never been a customer of YorHost nor have I had… Read Full Review

“Truely awful service”

Written on: 25/01/2012

DON'T USE WEB MANIA! Can't think of anything good to say about Web Mania. We have lost business because of them freezing our email account without notice a number of times. Their customer 'service' phone line is always closed. They don't answer email enquiries. We have been trying to move to another web hosting company, but as we can't get hold of them, we are stuck. Do yourself a favour, DON'T USE WEB MANIA!… Read Full Review

“rip off merchants”

Written on: 03/11/2011

renewed my hosting but they took the money and ran, impossible to contact , website down for 2 weeks while I tried to recover info to migrate, amazingly still get emails from them notifying me of changes at their end although haven't been with them since April.Amazed they can so blatantly steal peoples money and don't get closed down or prosecuted… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE web-mania.com or yorhost.net”

Written on: 06/10/2011

If you are thinking of buying a domain name or website hosting seriously do not use web-mania.com or yorhost.net they will take your money and when you renew your domain name they will simply put their advertising all over it and you will be without a website or worst still a domain name. I would highly reccommend heartinternet.com they are superb, great support, price and service… Read Full Review

“Repeating the obvious - avoid yorhost.net”

Written on: 28/05/2011

Also lost money with web-mania (now yorhost.net). Are they anything to do with yorhost.com? I hope not, for their sake! Good hosting with web-mania for several years, now not responding to any contact. No explanation, no apology - even an email stating "Sorry, we've gone bust and you've wasted this year's money but this is how you get your websites back" would have been appreciated. I hope as many people as possible read about web-mania becoming yorhost.net and avoid this company. Oh well, it's… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2011

I moved to T3 Web Hosting, this has been the best thing I have ever done http://t-3.co

“WebMania now renamed YorHost or Yor Host have not...”

Written on: 24/05/2011

WebMania now renamed YorHost or Yor Host have not responded to my contact with them, they have taken my money, I have been their customer for many years now, but recently they parked my domain with a temporary search engine provider, thus making money and generating a bad name for my domain, despite me renewing it in good time. I have asked them to contact me many times and only get automated reply saying 'thanks someone will contact you soon'. Web Mania aor YorHost when you read this, I WANT… Read Full Review

“As mentioned web mania is now yorhost but still run by...”

Written on: 23/05/2011

As mentioned web mania is now yorhost but still run by the same person

The liquidation is being managed by Begbies Traynor 01904 479801 and York Trading Standards at 01904 551578 and all I would suggest is that you call and let them know how much out of pocket you are and how disgusting it is that someone can just liquidate one company and the next day open another company providing the exact same service (or not providing) and who has no duty to refund monies taken for services not provided… Read Full Review

“just glad to have got out of web mania, they never...”

Written on: 17/05/2011

just glad to have got out of web mania, they never answer the phone,the service is evident by their complaints, took my monie by post, never acknowledge payment, sent second payment by card, web site up for two days.
rubbish… Read Full Review

“WEB MANIA LOST ALL MY DATA !!!!! ”

Written on: 15/05/2011 by vielgrader (1 review written)

WEB MANIA LOST ALL MY DATA !!!!!

Web Mania, has lost ALL my data of the last two years, after they moved the servers from London to York.

They have no backup and didn't give anybody enough advance warning to take their own data backups.

If they are not able to recover all data, including SQL databases, I will start a Lobby Group to sue them for every last Penny in their pockets!!!… Read Full Review

Anaxcrosswords's Response to vielgrader's Review

Written on: 19/05/2011

Perhaps not lost? Worth checking your website(s) again.
<br/>Unexpectedly one of my websites (the other is already on a new host) came back online last night, including the forum - and thus sql data. I thought it had migrated to the new host slightly ahead of schedule, but not so. Until the transfer takes place it's still on Web-Mania - none of my data has been lost.

Teddie5000's Response to vielgrader's Review

Written on: 08/08/2012

I have had two new customers this month request help with moving a .com domain away from Webmania. I have written a blog article here on how to do it.

“Watch out - looks like Web-mania is changing its name...”

Written on: 14/05/2011

Watch out - looks like Web-mania is changing its name to YORHOST... but looks like the same old service underneath… Read Full Review

“Just to say I've had success with contacting OnlineNIC...”

Written on: 12/05/2011

Just to say I've had success with contacting OnlineNIC who have been extremely helpful. I would recommend them to anyone who needs to escape webmania and retrieve their domain name. They have unlocked my webmania domain, changed my e-mail address to be the admin contact and supplied me with an auth code so that I can retrieve my domain name and take it to another provider. I had just paid my renewal fee for both my domain name and hosting for a year only to find they have not renewed the… Read Full Review

Anaxcrosswords's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2011

Not quite out of business apparently.
<br/>According to Begbies Traynor (liquidation company) [name removed] has taken on Web-Mania as sole trader, and he had the very good grace to reply to an email I sent today about retrieving the mysql database for the forum which is/was part of a domain I've now transferred to a new host. He gave some additional detail about the servers which went offline and the damage that was done to them after the PSU failure. Repair work is still being done, although I heard this morning that some websites have now come back online.
<br/>I still think the last few weeks have shown that Web-Mania has been very poorly run - but I'm encouraged by the fact that [name removed] has responded quickly to an email; maybe there is some hope?

“I concur with most other people, the service and...”

Written on: 12/05/2011

I concur with most other people, the service and non-existant support is rubbish then I found this forum that confirmed my suspicions. I am going to try and get my domain tranferred to Raam, they look to be on the ball… Read Full Review

“webmania took my renewal fee in April but my website...”

Written on: 09/05/2011

webmania took my renewal fee in April but my website disappeared and I found there was no way to contact them despite phone calls, emails and the live chat was unavailable.
However, these people helped out and at last, as of today, my site is back up. I did have to pay an extra £16.
you can contact them on cs-eu@onlinenic.com, explain the problem then follow the instructions.
Ps: I would have put nil rating above but it doesn't allow for that… Read Full Review

“Clearly they had very little resilience built into...”

Written on: 06/05/2011

Clearly they had very little resilience built into their hosting. But the reason things have gone so bad is they have gone into liquidation! For further info do a Google search on "webmania liquidation"… Read Full Review

“I have been using web-mania.com for about 4-5 years...”

Written on: 05/05/2011

I have been using web-mania.com for about 4-5 years primarily because they are super cheap and provide all the basic requirement for a website.

They've recently remodeled their website and ever since the service has become shocking. They advertise 24-7 support using a live chat feature however no one is ever one this anymore.

I received 2 emails on the 29th (see below)

We would like to inform you of a network outage that affected our network on Friday 29th April. The outage affected all… Read Full Review

Anaxcrosswords's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2011

Some more information too:
<br/>
<br/>Their website does now confirm that seven of its servers went offline because of the fault. It goes on to say that new equipment was being installed on 4th May, but if this has happened it hasn't brought websites back online.
<br/>
<br/>More troubling, though, is this: if you do a search for Notice: 1349844 (Issue: 59768) you'll see that a meeting of creditors was arranged for 26th April this year with a view to putting Web-Mania into liquidation. Even if they are actually effecting repairs and if we get our websites back, it's evident Web-Mania are in pretty serious trouble.

“Unfortunately I have to agree that Web-Mania has...”

Written on: 04/05/2011 by anaxcrosswords (4 reviews written)

Unfortunately I have to agree that Web-Mania has become a very poor provider indeed. Two of my websites (and an associated forum) went offline about a week ago. To their credit they did send an email describing a Power Supply Unit failure which had also damaged something called the 'midplane' (anyone know what that is?) of at least two servers.
But there has been no further response and no indication of if/when things will return to normal. For me it's more than inconvenient - one of my sites… Read Full Review