Vauxhall Cavalier MK2 1.8 Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Vauxhall Cavalier MK2 1.8 - Ask a question now

“I stopped playing the manufacturers new car games many...”

Written on: 24/07/2009

I stopped playing the manufacturers new car games many years ago as it is just not worth it. Depreciation and cost of main dealer services are just too high. So I got a 2nd hand cavalier 1.8gli auto for £1500 in 1997. I used to use it daily for work and you can fit anything in the boot. The balance in perfect so it corners lovely. It's reliable and economical. I've done over 100,000 miles with no major problems. Auto gearbox repair cost me £200 a few years ago, and note this you manual drivers… Read Full Review

“In the past I have often made the mistake of buying...”

Written on: 19/09/2008 by marco999 (27 reviews written)

In the past I have often made the mistake of buying cars on the basis that they are pretty or fast, or trendy even and bought with my heart rather than my head, then one day I had a moment of clarity, a day where I was focussed and thinking straight. Sick of suffering the depreciation and high running costs of 'fancy 'cars I started to think in terms of something cheaper yet reliable, doesn ' t matter what it looks like as long as it gets me from A to B, a car that if it were ever stolen or… Read Full Review

“I have owned my Vauxhall Cavalier MK2 1.8 convertible...”

Written on: 01/03/2007 by silvercavcon (1 review written)

I have owned my Vauxhall Cavalier MK2 1.8 convertible for 14 years and it has never let me down come rain or shine. Parts are cheap and still easy to find. Price has bottomed out and the car will start to become a modern day classic. Still great fun to drive in the summer! And a quicker car than my 2.0 Renault Laguna RTI… Read Full Review

“The convertible Vauxhall Cavalier MK2 1.8 is a...”

Written on: 21/11/2006 by Trev150 (6 reviews written)

The convertible Vauxhall Cavalier MK2 1.8 is a brilliant car of it's time with classic looks that still cut it in the style department.

Because it's a Vauxhall it won't cost loads to repair… Read Full Review

Jonathan Kelly's Response to Trev150's Review

Written on: 23/11/2006

I was given a MK2 Vauxhall Cavalier. It stunk inside and the heater was disconnected. This was in the middle of winter. When on the motorway it would shake like stink, so speed had to be kept below 60mph. The fan belt came off on one 50 mile trip up the motorway, but it still got there, and a few pounds got a new one which can easily be fitted. I found the brakes to be very noisy, and they were down to the metal. I drove it to the scrap yard after 3 months on advice of my brother in law. Insurance was £400 a year, so very expensive.