Car-Hire-UK.com Reviews

Car-Hire-UK.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Car-Hire-UK.com

Car-Hire-UK.com

“Happy Ending”

Written on: 05/03/2014 by mstaples (1 review written)

This was the second time we had hired a mini bus from Car-Hire-UK. This time we also opted for the Meet and Greet, Sat Nav and a baby seat. The man with te keys met as as agreed and everything was in place, car seta installed etc. The bus was not new, in fact we suspect it was the same vehicle we had had two years earlier. However it all worked and the reason we chose Car-Hire-UK was their price was much the best, not that their fleet was the newest. The mini-bus was perfect for our needs. The… Read Full Review

“HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM THESE PEOPLE !!!”

Written on: 04/03/2014 by MrHasten (1 review written)

After many months of false promises, I phoned Trading Standards. I logged the complaint and asked them to make sure they gave me feedback on how they were doing. Then I phoned up Car-Hire UK and told them that Trading Standards was looking into this and were considering it a CRIMINAL OFFENSE. i.e. SERIOUS. I also told Car-Hire UK that I was sending them a letter to start my own legal proceedings (Trading Standards told me how to do this). Car-Hire UK kept "fobbing me off" big style, at one… Read Full Review

Ddwoolnough's Response to MrHasten's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Car-hire-uk is indeed the worst car hire company in the Uk right now. I can't say it's not legal just yet because I need to get further legal advice, but I'm pretty suspect that it's genuine.
Indian customer service team telling me they are based in London but with no London telephone number. DON'T USE THEM!
Spread the word

“I honestly can't say how bad these people are….if...”

Written on: 21/01/2014

I honestly can't say how bad these people are….if you only read this line, do yourself a favour and rent with someone else. As with other reviewers, they were happy to take 570 GBP at the moment I confirmed the rental - how you can justify taking a rental deposit 3 months before you have the keys to the car should have alerted me to the tricks these folks will pull on you. The car itself had over 37,000 miles on it and was "well used" but I will give credit to the guy who meets you at the… Read Full Review

“save me £1000 off the quote from hertz”

Written on: 15/12/2013 by louiscackaustralian23 (1 review written)

like us all now days did a quick review and though this must be the worst company in world but then reviewed Avis and then hertz scam and found these big names to have ten times worst reviews, and have to be honest its a shame we dont put the whole picture and see who else people are writing these reviews about, i let them know about reviews and they said it seems every company has someone writing outrageous comments about them I just wish people were more truthful so that a review actually… Read Full Review

“Poor Customer service”

Written on: 05/12/2013 by Australia123456 (1 review written)

Meet and greet and fasttrack return was very good however the company debited my Mastercard on 3 separate occasions for payment, took awhile to refund. The people mover we hired was ok, the automatic gear lever could not be placed into park after the 2nd day and the tyre pressure in all 4 tyres was amiss, we had to call into service stations to ensure pressure remained static as the on board computer kept advising us the tyre pressure was low. The company was in breach of there own terms and… Read Full Review

“Rogue traders”

Written on: 29/11/2013

Having hired a vehicle from this company they have been a sharp thorn in my side. They take your money before you get a vehicle and then make up all kinds of reasons as to why you can not have your money back… Read Full Review

“Great until we asked for our deposit back”

Written on: 08/10/2013

We hired a car from this company in July 2013. We booked on line well in advance and the emails we received made us feel confident about what we had booked and paid for. About a month before we collected the car our credit card was charged 570 pounds. I emailed and asked why and was told it was the insurance and fuel bond and that it would be reimbursed to us the day the vehicle was returned.On arrival at Heathrow the 'meet and greet' guy was there (very friendly), the vehicle was 'as expected'… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/11/2013

Please contact me I am building evidence against them as a ruthless company.

Fussytraveller's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2013

Hi. What's your email address?

Written on: 19/11/2013

I am taking them to court on
2 December 2013

Written on: 23/11/2013

try contacting me via the royal borough of kingston contracts manager for the cctv room. he is my husband

“Beware of this company.”

Written on: 29/09/2013

Like so many others we have had a really bad experience with this company and like so many others we are still waiting for them to repay our money despite having a receipt from them saying that they have transferred the money into our account. Be warned. This company is nothing more than money grabbing and should be shut down. Hopefully I can play a small part in achieving this be taking legal action against them. How on earth this crooked outfit is still trading after all the reports about… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/11/2013

Please can you get in touch with me as I have a date to take them to court and the more evidence I can gather the closer it will get to stopping them ripping people off and hopefully closing them down.

Written on: 23/11/2013

hi my case is being held at london central county court. you can try getting in touch with me via money box and mention car hire uk.
failing this my husband can be contacted at royal borough of kingston cctv room and ask for the contracts manager.

Written on: 15/11/2013

Please contact me I need evidence to prove they are ruthless.

Written on: 18/11/2013

Hi......would be only too pleased to help if I can....when is your court date for?

Written on: 19/11/2013

Hi thank you, my court date is 2 December 2013.
Contact me if you have any information to help.

Many thanks

Written on: 19/11/2013

Hi, if you didn't get my email address then It would seem that email addressed are not allowed on this site, so not sure how to contact you unfortunately. Any suggestions?

Written on: 19/11/2013

Is it at Kingston Magistrates court on 2nd.....perhaps I could go via this way.....is is you v Car Hire UK or Elsinore Garage.....?

Written on: 18/11/2013

Did you get my email address as it doesn't seem to appear on the reply I sent?

Written on: 19/11/2013

Hi I have noticed that also.not sure how to get your details.lets try going this way.
Look up royal borough of kingston uk and fingers crossed you may get contact details via this.
It seems that this site blocks all personal details for emails

Written on: 19/11/2013

Not sure what I'm looking for unfortunately.......but nothing coming up I'm afraid........can't understand why there isn't a PM system between members. Sorry, still keen to help if possible.

Written on: 19/11/2013

Look for person with same last name as me, call him and ask him to call you back

Written on: 19/11/2013

You don't come up anywhere that I can see.....but it would help if I knew what clue to look for. You say the case is set down for December 2....where exactly....maybe that will lead me in your direction and who is the 'other part" Car-Hire UK or who? This is in danger of going nowhere fast unfortunately.......can't alow that to happen.

Written on: 20/11/2013

Hi my husband works at the guildhall royal borough of kingston CCTV. Ask for the contracts manager his name is HAIL ...... The roman emperor.once you make contact here hopefully things will progress.my case is being heard at London magistrates court . I have also made contact with the bbc programme that has been following this company car hire uk. I hope this works

Written on: 22/11/2013

I'm on the other side of the world I'm afraid. Difficult to phone due to time difference. Not sure if your reference to Roman Emperor has also been editied but unfortunately still unable to make any other form of contact.....I wish there were another way, as I really would like to help with this case.

Written on: 22/11/2013

Penny had dropped regarding Roman Emperor but still unable to make contact......frustrating to say the least.

Written on: 26/11/2013

I sent a message via Facebook.....I just hope it was to you. Did you receive it?

Written on: 27/11/2013

No sorry but you could listen to money bis radio 4.i did a show on them it's on bbc I player and maybe give them your details.its called money box and it was on sat 24 at 12pm

Written on: 28/11/2013

I have contacted the BBC. Hopefully they will pass on the message. I have also sent a message to your husbands FB page. Again, hopefully the right one. Please check. Really do want to help you, and me, with this case.

“Their Agreements are not adhered to”

Written on: 26/09/2013

I rented a car for a month from these people and returned it on the 29th August it is now 26th September and I am still waiting for the return of my deposit. They say its being processes but despite a call on the 13th September and 25th September and numerous emails still no deposit. It was the biggest mistake I could have made renting from this company. I am still awaiting my 500 GBP back and reimbursement for a hubcap that I purchased to make the car tidy for a wedding as its was a scratched… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/11/2013

Please contact me about this company I have been battling for 3 years and all evidence to support my claims against company will help close them down.

Lelapin's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2013

I used The Mail On Sunday to get my money back for me. They can probably help you.

“Biggest Eye-wash!!”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by PhilipCherian (1 review written)

You might find a lot of good reviews their own website – www.car-hire-uk.com – but these are not to be believed! I had the most horrific experience with them when I visited UK last month. Customer services were pathetic and they would keep us on hold for hours on end with no resolution to our problems. 1. They gave us a car from a lower group to what we had booked and paid for. The driver who delivered the car to us told us that this was quite a common feature with this company. 2. I had… Read Full Review

Tricked_Customer's Response to PhilipCherian's Review

Written on: 27/09/2013

This company systematically charges a security deposit of around GBP680 to your card and then fails to return all or some of the amount while applying incorrect fuel and other surcharges. I have been pursuing multiple deposit claims which I had not noticed on my credit card and have had to resort to the County Court in the UK. This is very difficult for foreigners to do, so avoid at all costs. If you have used the company and they did not refund your deposit with the stipulated 14 day period, contact your credit card company with a copy of the rental agreement (online agreement) and demand a chargeback of the deposit. This works but only up to 4 months from the rental date after which you need to apply through the UK courts.

“thank you so much for your support and help”

Written on: 25/07/2013 by Grace2013 (1 review written)

we needed a minibus for transportation of very sick youngsters for a day out at thorpe park, and the 9 seater with built in sat nav fit the bill perfectly what made things even more better, was the kind support and donation of the vehicle and fuel for our trip! We cannot thank them enough, yours truly grateful Grace Jackson, Brillant company, service and vehicle!… Read Full Review

“NEVER rent a car from Car-Hire-UK”

Written on: 25/05/2013

Never rent a car from this company. We flew in from the US and took a car from Heathrow, or tried to. We had to wait 2 hours for a car, when we phoned we were constantly told that the driver was on his way! When it arrived, it was then the wrong one, a smaller model than reserved. After much haggling with the driver who delivered the car and talking to his office we were promised a refund for the 2nd driver amount and that the right size of car would be delivered a few days later. Neither… Read Full Review

Benjamin222's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2013

I am still waiting for a fuel deposit refund and that was over 4 years ago. I wonder why UK authorities allow this to keep happening?

Written on: 15/11/2013

Please help close them down contact me.
I have been battling for 3 years.
I live in London unlike many of there clients who are abroad and unable to fight them.this could lead to you getting your money back

“Take your deposit then refuse to return it. BEWARE of...”

Written on: 26/04/2013 by mikenjill (1 review written)

Take your deposit then refuse to return it. BEWARE of this company… Read Full Review

Ressota's Response to mikenjill's Review

Written on: 03/07/2013

Unfortunately I have also had a similar experience. They immediately charge the credit card for the full deposit amount as well as the rental at the time of booking. They will take any step necessary to avoid returning the deposit (880USD). The credit card company is disputing the charges.
The rental car was old with 65,000 miles so if anything mechanical goes wrong they will make you pay for the "damages". They should not be allowed to conduct business

Hornetman's Response to mikenjill's Review

Written on: 30/08/2013

The only way to get your deposit back is to pester them, keep sending as many e-mails as you can every day also get on there chat line as much as possible even if it mean's having help from friends etc to do this, don't bother with there customer service line this is just a waste of time and will just tell you a load of lie's. Keep on and you'll get your money back.

KEEP ON AND ON EVERYDAY DON'T GIVE UP

“How I wish my parents had read the reviews about this...”

Written on: 16/02/2013 by Katypyee (4 reviews written)

How I wish my parents had read the reviews about this company beforehand! They live in Canada. Booked easily and were greeted at Heathrow. However, on the drive up to Liverpool they realised the heaters, air conditioner and window demister was not working on the car. Also, the ABS warning light kept coming on along with a dashboard light not working. When they reached Liverpool they telephoned the company and were told to take it to a local Renault dealer to get it repaired! My parents did… Read Full Review

Suetandt's Response to Katypyee's Review

Written on: 22/03/2013

I have and are having trouble getting my deposits back also 5 weeks and counting!!

Retsdon's reply to Suetandt's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2013

I finally got my deposit back 9 months later - but only after I got my sister in who is a solicitor in the UK to threaten them with court proceedings through her firm. If I hadn't been lucky enough to have a relative in the legal trade, I'd still be wasting time and money contacting them and being fobbed off. If you're outside the UK, they just ignore you.Good luck anyway.

Shirleyjandrews's reply to Retsdon's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2013

hi i am taking them to court and would like to contact you if possible or contact moneybox on radio 4 and mention car hire uk

“service good and happy but long waits to get through...”

Written on: 02/02/2013 by clarkontour (1 review written)

service good and car is excellent, but calling to make the booking is a pain long wait caller 38 in queue with wait of 28 mins obviously have something right as i needed to book the car as over £1000 cheaper than hertz for a small auto, and it was just as good if not better, my only niggle would be call centre takes some time to get through best booking online… Read Full Review

“saved the day for us , rescued me and my mother”

Written on: 01/02/2013 by phillip2015 (1 review written)

we hired a car from atlaschoice and ended up on bus for 40mins had to pay 8.00 each as well, and was refused a car from atlas, we then went back to airport and did internet search and come up with car-hire-uk, so helpful and friendly, they gave us a car in less than 20mins and upgraded us to brand new ford focus lovelly car really nice to drive, could not fault them so helpful, and no bus collected in the terminal really recommend them… Read Full Review

“Yes, the meet and greet is fantastic but a quick...”

Written on: 22/01/2013 by Pottermissy (2 reviews written)

Yes, the meet and greet is fantastic but a quick search on google ( bbc and the guardian have both run articles) will show just how crooked this company is. The company blatantly refuses to pay back deposits and they won't respond to your emails. Should you call them, you will be fobbed off with one excuse after another. I have been trying to get my money back for over a year now and have had to resort to legal proceedings. If ( and I use that term ironically) you have had dealings of this sort… Read Full Review

Tmccoy's Response to Pottermissy's Review

Written on: 06/02/2013

We would appreciate the contact details for this lady as we are having trouble getting the 2500 dollars they took off us as a deposit! We are in Australa and finding it difficult to get anywhere!! Thank you

Pottermissy's reply to Tmccoy's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2013

So sorry to hear you too have fallen into the same trap. You need to call trading standards who will put you through to the Citezens Advice Bureau who will then file an official complaint with trading standards... It's a bit of a run around but since you can't call the CAB from outside the UK and they have to make the 'official' complaint, it's the only way. Hope you get positive results... Please also immediately open a dispute with your credit card provider and write to Bbc's money box, watchdog and Skynews UK. And of course, warn all your friends.

Tmccoy's reply to Pottermissy's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2013

Thanks for your speedy reply, will take your advise!!

Shirleyjandrews's Response to Pottermissy's Review

Written on: 15/11/2013

Please contact me with your details I am also going to court.

Free4's Response to Pottermissy's Review

Written on: 26/03/2013

I have the same issue. I'm in Canada.
I needed to return to the UK to a family situation and at short notice.
I trusted trip advisor who actively advertised this company to me and since the price was competitive and the meet and greet was a fair price and got me on my way immediately I went with this company.
They owe me $1064 Canadian dollars or 665 UK Sterling they have not refunded.
Not only did they do this but their employees exposed my personal details on an email list along with hundreds of others.
I am now worried for the use they will be putting the photo'd copies of my credit card and drivers license.
I'm fuming and starting to look at legal proceedings myself.

Suetandt's Response to Pottermissy's Review

Written on: 22/03/2013

I also am having the same issue thankfully I took out the addition CDW with reduced my deposit to 75.00 GBP for the car with 70.00 GBP for the fuel. So I am trying to get 145.00 GBP which had I not taken the additional insurance would have been 570.00 GBP.

The thing that is very telling with the benefit of hindsight is you have no idea they will proactively take these funds at the time of ordering. When I phoned to take issue I was directed to a secondary page on the site which tells you they will. I believe a company with integrity would show at order confirmation the total value of the funds they are going to take from your credit inclusive of deposits.

“They are terrible”

Written on: 18/01/2013 by nuomotuojas (1 review written)

Dont rent from them,they are thieves,they not giving money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Hornetman's Response to nuomotuojas's Review

Written on: 24/07/2013

I am having the same problems with this shark company they don't want to give deposit back

“just handed back my little baby”

Written on: 17/01/2013 by Bevtaylor55 (1 review written)

so happy to recommend this company, we hired for 4 months for only £8.00 day for a brand new car all inclusive, we didnt buy the car rental excess cover we took the 49.00 annual one, and didnt have no problems but always take precautions as you never know what sod will drive into you!, dealt with jess who was lovely so helpful and kind, and we didnt need to ask twice, looking forward to my next holiday now… Read Full Review

“pleasant company and proud to recommend for what they done”

Written on: 16/01/2013 by RobinWood1954 (1 review written)

visiting london, as expat work abroad and my daughter is in hospital at st thomas in a serious condition, been met on arrival and been able to drive straight of in a matter of minuites was just surperb, i dont have much time at the moment, and with so much worries and stress at the moment, they really supported me throughout, no hassles on arrival or stupid checks everything was done in advance such a quick and effient company, even collected the vehicle from the hospital for me free of cost, i… Read Full Review