Crosman 1077 Repeater Reviews

Media Gallery for Crosman 1077 Repeater

Crosman 1077 Repeater
Crosman 1077 Repeater

“Fun gun ”

Written on: 03/04/2014 by teluk (26 reviews written)

I own many different airguns and bought this because I liked the idea of a 12 shot semi automatic rifle with the magazine plus the reviews were quite good and a very reasonable price at £100. My initial impressions when shown the gun in my local shop were that this gun looks and feels like a toy. It's nearly all plastic and very light with a hollow plastic stock. I left the shop without buying it but kept reading reviews about how good it was. I decided to ignore the plastic look and buy it, I… Read Full Review

“The crosman 1077 is the best gun ever! Killed all...”

Written on: 24/05/2011

The crosman 1077 is the best gun ever! Killed all sorts of birds with 1 shot. Once,I shot a male cowbird out of a group of 6 or 7. I saw the group, snuck behind some trees, sat down, and waited. Unexpectically, the birds kept walking toward me.There were a few other males, so I picked out the biggest one and fired. It died instantly. It is extremely accurate. Killed bottle caps at 10 yards, eggs out to 25 yards. Oh, and by the way, if you want a gun that could down a woodchuck, fox, or even… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2011

A coyote or fox shot with this gun would just laugh at you. This gun is not nearly powerful enough to take down much more than a squirrel. Also, shooting a bottle cap at ten yards and egg at 25? Any decent air gun can do that.

Bjshanahan's Comment

Written on: 27/12/2011

My c02 pistols can go through glass jars at 10 meters. That does not under any circumstance mean they are suitable for hunting. If you want to hunt, buy yourself a cheap full power (12ft/lbs+) spring rifle. You can buy them cheap (£100), they don't lack killing power and the only real running cost is that of the pellets you shoot. The crosman 1077 is not really suitable for hunting anything, since the lack of power does not ensure a clean kill 100% of the time (shooter error taken into account). Using this rifle for hunting is inhumane and will result in unnecessary suffering on the part of your quarry.

“Tips-use fire power brand co2 because a crosman type...”

Written on: 20/06/2008 by dale1996 (1 review written)

Tips-use fire power brand co2 because a crosman type 12g co2 last about 70 shots the fire power last 130 shots.and you will not need a scope because the pellet drop down a lot, but don't let that turn you away load up on co2, extra clips,pellets,oh yeah pellets,use crosman pointed pellets they have great impact… Read Full Review

“This is probably the best air rifle i have ever used...”

Written on: 14/05/2008

This is probably the best air rifle i have ever used and will take all kinds of things and pests i have shot and taken down in one shot pigeons, sparrows, starlings, and other small stuff. The sparrow i shot with it was HUGE it was as big as a peanut butter jar and all it took was one shot to kill it. It also makes a great target rifle because it is pretty accurate once you set up the sites i can hit a coke bottle
50 ft away… Read Full Review

“I love this gun, one time I shot a pop can about 100...”

Written on: 11/03/2008

I love this gun, one time I shot a pop can about 100 feet a way. I hit it about one inch from the very bottom of the can. It's only jammed twice sinse I got it, that was at Cristmas… Read Full Review

“I bought the crosman 1077 after already having had 2...”

Written on: 15/02/2008

I bought the crosman 1077 after already having had 2 knightstalkers (both went back because of loosing air!!!!) this Crosman 1077 Repeater is a great air rifle, it's got good power and accuracy especially with a cheap scope on it!! it is easy to load and very well made and i like this better than the knightstalker and it is a lot cheaper!!! the code says it was built on sept.2007 and i am getting at least 6 clips shot to a powerlet!!! this is a fun air rifle and i am very pleased with it!!!… Read Full Review

“The best gun ive ever handled.. Have 5 guns that were...”

Written on: 12/02/2008 by davemirra24 (1 review written)

The best gun ive ever handled.. Have 5 guns that were $500 and and this gun works better than all of them… Read Full Review

“I got this rifle (the first air rifle that has...”

Written on: 28/09/2007 by andyd93 (2 reviews written)

I got this rifle (the first air rifle that has belonged to me) for £99 with 3 x 12g cylinders, 1x tin of Milbro Caledonion and 12 x SMK paper targets from a guy who has a shop that is closing at the end of the month.

Anyway, back to the gun. A very solid built, quality gun. Stock, trigger, trigger guard, magazine, and rotary wheel in clip are all made of ABS which is a very tough, hardened plastic. The barrel (outer and rifled inner) are brass.

A very good rifle for beginners and the more… Read Full Review

“After having tried two specimens of the NightStalker...”

Written on: 13/08/2007 by CenturionKX1230 (3 reviews written)

After having tried two specimens of the NightStalker variety, I gave up and decided to go with the tried and true 1077 Repeater.
My initial experience was one of pleasant surprise and that lasted until I attempted to adjust the standard sight. The initial grouping at 10 meters was a nice and tight 2 cm and had I not had a regimental dinner the evening before, I might have been able to whittle it down to within a single centimeter or less. I consider this quite satisfactory for a weapon in which… Read Full Review

“good gun for 90% plastic, if you have power isses then...”

Written on: 30/07/2007 by airsmith282 (2 reviews written)

good gun for 90% plastic, if you have power isses then chck the nozzle oring out, New seals perhaps are also in order if the power loss is not cured as valve stem seals where out in these guns after a lot of rounds i usually replace every seal in the gun not just one. A new hammer spring from time to time if you shoot it a lot, for the cheap upkeep on the gun its lasted so far thousands of rounds and i have had it for 3 years now and its still one of my favourite guns..

I'd recommend that… Read Full Review

Schedel's Response to airsmith282's Review

Written on: 19/10/2009

I found this review very helpful. I would very much appreciate, if the writer let me know, how can one increase this rifle's performance? In Hungary it is available only 600feet/sec. version...
<br/>Sours truly,
<br/>Andor Schedel

“Was generally satisfied until my rifle died and being...”

Written on: 14/07/2007 by Bella0000 (11 reviews written)

Was generally satisfied until my rifle died and being it is only approx. 2 years old I felt that was a little premature. Crosman does not show much concern for the customer if the warranty has expired. I own several air guns so the amount of use was moderate. Initial cost with the air source was $100 which in not bad but the product should last longer than it did. I think it would be wise to build quality product even if the cost was a little more… Read Full Review

“I don't normally slam products but there is a time and...”

Written on: 08/07/2007 by guru1ofatl (11 reviews written)

I don't normally slam products but there is a time and a place for everything.
In an effort to give this rifle a fair shot, I exchanged the first one and tried again. Too bad both rifles gave me the same results.
Here is the 1077 experience...
1. Insert the co2 cart.
2. Insert a loaded clip of 12 pellets
3. Shoot through first 12 pellets at 700-650 feet per second (fps) velocity
4. Load your second clip of 12 pellets
5. Shoot the first 3 at 700-650fps and then watch the velocity drop to 400fps… Read Full Review

Cognition's Response to guru1ofatl's Review

Written on: 12/07/2007

Your problem is obvious, and it's YOU and not the rifle.
<br/>
<br/>One of two things may be happening :
<br/>1. This gun uses a load of CO2
<br/>
<br/>2. You have to wait for the CO2 to WARM UP after the first magazine, because it will get down to about 5 degrees if you shoot rapidly.
<br/>
<br/>You should try using up the first magazine, and then wait a good 5 minutes or so before using a second one. This will allow the CO2 capsule to warm up again, giving the 600-700fps performance.

Danulson988's Response to guru1ofatl's Review

Written on: 10/07/2008

I had the same problem with the small c02 's. I get only 24 good shots and then it is useless after that. I tried to ignore the fact I had to replace the c02 every other clip. after 1week and 30 c02 caplets, I returned it. What good is a repeater that shoots fast if you cannot even shoot thru two clips without a new gas capsule! I will get the airsource version next time for sure. other than that, I really like the gun .

Guru1Ofatl's Response to guru1ofatl's Review

Written on: 12/07/2007

I allowed the gun sit outside for 30 minutes with a fresh co2 cart. loaded prior to testing on several occasions with no improvement at all. I also allowed time between shots to avoid freezing the valve. The fact is that my practices gave these two examples a better opportunity to perform than the average customer would and in neither case did it shoot as advertised. This was confirmed by a conversation with Crosman who suspected a faulty valve and suggested I send the gun in for service. They also indicated that I should be able to obtain 30-40 shots at rated power in the conditions I noted.
<br/>
<br/>Since you seem to be very knowledgeable, perhaps you would be willing to share a recent chrony string from your gun.

“Many pellet gun owners like the 1077 because it is so...”

Written on: 22/06/2007 by mnshoot (2 reviews written)

Many pellet gun owners like the 1077 because it is so darn easy to modify.
The greatest enemy of any gas gun is getting liquid CO2 into the seals. You must keep the liquid as far away from the seals as possible (or you will eventually fry them and they will leak). The method below not only results in an economical rifle, but one that absolutely keeps liquid from the seals.
In the name of economy (because it is very expensive to operate this rifle), I have bulked the two I own.
One utilizes… Read Full Review

“I bought my first model 1077 some time ago to combat...”

Written on: 19/06/2007 by hrw0488 (1 review written)

I bought my first model 1077 some time ago to combat squirrels that had become increasingly invasive and destructive. I was very, very pleased. the powerlet provided a ready reservoir of CO2.
Multiple shots are needed for the agile, fast-moving squirrels. Accuracy was very good. I had no complaints at all for a year or two. Apparently the seal or gasket that holds the CO 2 deteriorated, because a day or two after loading the powerlet, the gun wouldn't fire because all the CO2 had leaked… Read Full Review

Whiteshadow2's Response to hrw0488's Review

Written on: 21/06/2007

I have the same problem, mine started leaking and it's only a little over year old.I'm disappointed.

Whiteshadow2's Response to hrw0488's Review

Written on: 24/05/2008

It was not in storage,I was using it almost every day.Now it's in storage in my shed.I may try to repair it or use as spare parts for the new 1077 that I bought.

Fyrewyre's Response to hrw0488's Review

Written on: 05/05/2008

if you left the co2 in that is why it leaked it says on the manual storing with co2 in it will damage seals

“I have had this gun for about two week. This gun...”

Written on: 23/05/2007 by peter1377 (1 review written)

I have had this gun for about two week. This gun shoots much better than I expected. Can't complain about the plastic at this price point.
I've used it with powerlets and the airsource, works well with both; I think I am getting more velocity with the Airsouce (subjectively).

The only change I plan on making is to upgrade the rear site which is very cheap and will move around unless you are careful not to bump it.

I have had better accuracy with heavier/longer pellets (Beeman and Diablo) than… Read Full Review

“The Crosman 1077W CO2 repeater is the worst air rifle...”

Written on: 19/05/2007 by mstecker (1 review written)

The Crosman 1077W CO2 repeater is the worst air rifle I have used (I have used 3). The power is ridiculously low and is slightly less than my Chinese air soft AEG. It barely shoots through cardboard with Crosman wad cutters and is unable to shoot down metal targets made for air rifle use. A shooting test on a telephone book showed it only penetrated a few pages compared to 20 mm (about 10 times as much) with my Chinese springer which cost $20 less and has nicer wood stock and rubber recoil… Read Full Review

“I bought this rifle purely as a fun gun. It has not...”

Written on: 30/04/2007 by spasor (3 reviews written)

I bought this rifle purely as a fun gun. It has not disappointed me. Apart from the power loss if used too enthusiastically I found my only complaint was the open sights. But I`m not an open sights person anyway. A cheap red dot sight soon made amends.
You`ll need to invite your mates around though. I`m not a great lover of fizzy drinks and I need an awful lot of empty cans.

One of the advertising pieces reckons a guy hit 12 targets in 2 seconds!! I hope he stays off the kryptonite… Read Full Review

“If you are a serious hunter like me i recommend the...”

Written on: 25/04/2007 by crazy for guns (1 review written)

If you are a serious hunter like me i recommend the Crosman Quest but its a good gun for starters in the 7 to 9 age group… Read Full Review

“I purchased the Crosman 1077 Repeater from Pyramyd...”

Written on: 05/04/2007 by TWM Texas (1 review written)

I purchased the Crosman 1077 Repeater from Pyramyd about two weeks ago. I had read other reviews, and I was concerned that the construction was almost all plastic. While this is true, the feel of the gun and the build quality are excellent, despite the plastic use. I wanted a CO2 powered semi automatic action rifle, and I was surprised that there were so few choices in this category. I purchased extra magazines (package of 3) and a speed loader. This turned out to be an excellent investment… Read Full Review

“Good gun perfect for rodents or training”

Written on: 13/02/2007 by shane77 (1 review written)

Good gun perfect for rodents or training… Read Full Review