Yamaha Stagepas 300 Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Yamaha Stagepas 300 - Ask a question now

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“NICE, NOT A NICE REVERB SOUND THOUGH.”

Written on: 25/03/2013 by JOEBEE13 (1 review written)

I live on the Sunshine Coast in Qld, Australia. Beaut place. I dig my Yamaha Stagepass 300. The problem is the reverb sucks because it is not a nice warm spring reverb tone that i am used to, even on those funky old Yamaha EM series mixers, Peavey, Fender etc. My reverb is more like an echo unit and there is nothing I can do about it for my solo acoustic guitar/vocal gigs. I turn the reverb up 3/4 and then it goes to an unpleasant, repetitive echo sound. I have been playing guitar for 45 years… Read Full Review

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“Unbelievable features at no price”

Written on: 09/11/2011 by MadrasGiaguari (1 review written)

Had high level audio sets (PA, combo, HiFi) for all my life. heard about Stagepas and though may be to buy, to have something… Read Full Review

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“I have been using this system now for about 18 months,...”

Written on: 08/08/2010 by santander (1 review written)

I have been using this system now for about 18 months, it is light portable and easy to set up, the quality of the sound is excellent for the price paid, overall a great little system that I would recommend to any small (ish) outfit. My previous system weighed 10 times as much for a sound that was no better than this one. It has forefilled all of my needs and expectations for a small postable system… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to santander's Review

Written on: 22/02/2012

I was Sponsored bt Yamamha for A School Tour and was offered thes stagpass 300 or 500 , I took the 3oo because less bulky and easier to Fly with ! HUGEEEEEEEE MISTAKE ! It was so underpowered and shut down so many times I wanted to throw it off a Cliff! I was performing shows from 130 - 350 Primary school kids . It just did not cut it at all!!! I ran a MAC PC - Roland Otcopad 30 drum pads-Electric Guitar-Wireless Sure headset - Sure 58 XLR and i have to say I CAN SING LOUDER ACCOUSTICALLY than this pa pumps out. For a Home Pary or Coffee shop maybe but for a GIg ..forget it . I have used bigger Yamaha systems and they are amazing but this is a TOY! Full stop .I

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“I have had my Stagepas 300 for 12 months. And I dont...”

Written on: 26/12/2009

I have had my Stagepas 300 for 12 months. And I dont know how I did without it. I am the keyboard guy in a 10 piece soul, disco and motown band and I use it for my stage monitoring. Previous I had a Peavey KBA150. I can now play in stereo which makes my sound brilliant, both on stage and front of house through the main PA. I use a Yamaha S80 as my main and a Roland G7 and my top keyboard. I was worried about the small size speakers before I bought it but I get a lovely rich sound including… Read Full Review

Razzbox's Comment

Written on: 23/02/2010

I'm currently running a Yamaha Stage Piano & Korg Triton through a Roland KC amp. Good sound quality & always loud enough but really need to be in stereo. After reading your review I'm very tempted to go & buy the Stagepas. Are the stereo inputs on the mixer jack or XLR?

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“I like the versatility of this system. The user manual...”

Written on: 09/06/2009 by juhaszp (3 reviews written)

I like the versatility of this system. The user manual says you may use a single speaker, it will not harm the amp. Therefore the minimum set is one easily carried speaker box, mixer and power amp inside. A wireless mike with portable receiver, and an Ipod. That is really very-very small and still sounds well and loud. As medium scenario I use both speakers on stand, remove the powered mixer and use it separately at desk. Four-five instruments/mikes plus two/one stereo input is usually more… Read Full Review

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“The Yamaha Stagepas 300 is used by our guitar society...”

Written on: 17/03/2009 by Flyfisher (11 reviews written)

The Yamaha Stagepas 300 is used by our guitar society for monthly meetings and performances. The music played is an eclectic mixture ranging from classical guitar to slide and blues.

Open mike evening are also fired out of the Stagepas 300 and the system handles vocals really well. We have a room that can take a maximum of 100 people and we are only using the system at quarter power.

Although the mixer is limited in what it can do in terms of effects the basic sound is brilliant. There are so… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Yamaha Stagepas 300

“I hope it doesnt go wrong for you like it did for...”

Written on: 03/01/2009

I hope it doesnt go wrong for you like it did for me... Mine has, unusual I know BUT Yamaha refused to repair even though it was under guarantee. I had to threaten with all sort of legalities. They eventually agreed to repair under warranty, why couldn't they do that first time!
Yamaha still have the unit after almost 4, YES, FOUR months.
Cant seem to get replies from the store I purchased from either.
Had to replace with a Behringer PMP 2000 - much better unit AND it works.
My Yamaha had noisy… Read Full Review

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“Great size and sound, like it very much. Don't know...”

Written on: 14/11/2008

Great size and sound, like it very much. Don't know what to replace it with. Have other Yamaha keyboards and products, had some years and still no problems. Am very surprised at these defects, not up to Yamaha's usual standard. Have heard of similar problems on these amps. Well recommend Yamaha Stagepas 300… Read Full Review

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“The Yamaha Stagepas 300 has an excellent sound and so...”

Written on: 31/08/2008

The Yamaha Stagepas 300 has an excellent sound and so easy to setup and pack down… Read Full Review

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“Superb build quality and unbelievably portable. I...”

Written on: 04/02/2008 by pauldownes49 (1 review written)

Superb build quality and unbelievably portable. I totally recommend the Yamaha Stagepas 300 to serious solo musicians or small groups. Excellent build quality and sets up in minutes.
The system has outstanding sound quality and it is hard to believe how good the bass response is from 8" drive units.
I use it for vocals and a Yamaha Tyros 2 keyboard and the sound is breathtaking.

If you really need mega-power go for the Stagepas 500 but small to medium venues are well within the Stagepas… Read Full Review

Yamaha Stagepas 300

“There is a great deal to applaud with the Yamaha...”

Written on: 14/11/2006 by loveclose (3 reviews written)

There is a great deal to applaud with the Yamaha Stagepas 300 system, despite one or two drawbacks. This is a six channel (four mono two stereo) pa, complete with two passive speaker cabs. The portability is excellent. The powered mixer can be stored/locked into the rear of one cab, whilst the rear of the other cab can store essential speaker leads and power lead. The sound quality is surprisingly good for such small cones - quite a good bass response, treble is very bright. The small… Read Full Review

Eaglerock's Response to loveclose's Review

Written on: 02/01/2009

I am glad yours never had a problem, mine has. My Yamaha Stagepas 300 has been away 4 months so far, Yamaha at first refused to repair it under guarantee, they capitulated and agreed.. Read my story if it ever gets printed. Personally, when the unit is returned, I will sell it and keep the Behringer PMP 2000 I bought to use as a backup. Its a superior unit.

Daguerrotype's Response to loveclose's Review

Written on: 15/03/2009

I found this review helpful because... I have just bought one second hand and know what to look for in the way of damage now.

Loveclose's Response to loveclose's Review

Written on: 06/01/2009

The issue I had with my Stagepas system was it's inability to take knocks. The speaker moulds are of a design that is impossible to repair, and therefore the only way to repair any cab that gets damaged is to replace. Given that very few spare parts are available in this country, that is a major issue - or it was at the time when I had to sort this out.
<br/>
<br/>If your problem was a technical issue, I would have assumed that it was fixable unless spare parts became an issue. I would be interested to know your story!
<br/>
<br/>If I use my Stagepas system, I always transport it in its travel case. I only use it for gigs that don't push the system to its limits. The Stagepas300 tends to peak rather quickly, and if used near the top end of its power capacity, sound quality is affected, and it really doens't cut through as well as other systems.
<br/>
<br/>To be fair to the Stagepas system, there is now a more powerful Stagepas pa - Stagepas 500 I think (2x250w??) which may cut through better than the Stagepas300. I won't be using one though - no need for it. The cabs look as vulnerable as the Stagepas300 cabs as well, so potential damage would result in the same experience I had some while ago.
<br/>
<br/>If anyone is intending to gig regularly with the Stagepas system, I'd recomend getting specialist insurance to protect your investment. Damage to cabs may be an issue, and specialist music insurance policies may well help resolve accidental damage problems that may occur with the Stagepas.