Serif MoviePlus 5 Reviews

• Quality

Serif MoviePlus 5 - Ask a question now

“Not bad even in 2012”

Written on: 13/06/2012 by polle2 (1 review written)

After buying a 40$ 2012 video editor with bad avi decoding giving smeared colours of videos from my two digital cameras I reinstalled my old Movie Plus 5. It comes with OK avi decoders, and a separate install of (free) Xvid encoder allowed Movie Plus 5 to export in xvid .avi format in addition to the default mpg, mov, avi and wmv formats.Install of the (also free)k-lite basic codec pack made import of variuos mp4, 3gp and flv files possible after ticking "allow 3 party codecs" under options.A… Read Full Review

Serif MoviePlus 5

“When using the EXPORTING part of the program as it is...”

Written on: 13/04/2008 by grandad0 (1 review written)

When using the EXPORTING part of the program as it is so slow, I tend to do it last thing at night before retiring. Trouble is, when I get up during the night, I go and look how its getting on, only to find the exporting has stopped and a pop up box is on screen asking me if I really want to stop. This annoys me, as time is wasted through inaction of the program.
I'm only a novice at this movie authoring but I find it relatively easy to get to grips with. Therefore I well recommend Serif… Read Full Review

Serif MoviePlus 5

“I have been using this for two years now with great...”

Written on: 27/01/2008 by jdwilkins (1 review written)

I have been using this for two years now with great success. It is full of features some of which I am still discovering. It is very intuitive to use, especially at the basic level, so you only need to look at manuals or tutorials occasionally. When you do, they are well structured, comprehensive and easy to understand.
I would recommend this product and Serif as a supplier… Read Full Review

Serif MoviePlus 5

“The Serif MoviePlus 5 video creation and editing...”

Written on: 05/11/2006 by oldbod (9 reviews written)

The Serif MoviePlus 5 video creation and editing software is easy to load, no crashes, not loaded up with extra buttons to do the same job as on the toolbar controls. I did all the trials of most of the popular software, and whilst they looked good at first, it soon became apparent that they were either bloated out or were not as easy to use as stated. Software of course is a personal choice, much the same as a car perhaps. I did need the extra disc "Directors collection" as it contains more… Read Full Review

Deltahotel's Response to oldbod's Review

Written on: 07/04/2008

I agree with this review because... All the positive comments reflect my own experience of this software however, the "no free trial" is not strictly true as I've always purchased Serif products with a 60 day money back guarantee.<br/><br/>The only problem I had with the DVD authoring tool, was setting chapter thumbnails to something other than the first frame of the chapter. Once I found the button that moves the caret on to the required frame, that problem was sorted.

Maureen Matherk's Response to oldbod's Review

Written on: 28/07/2008

I found this review helpful because. I am considering a replacement for my dreadful Pinnacle Studio and I like the Serif PhotoPlus 10..