ebuyer Reviews - www.ebuyer.com

ebuyer www.ebuyer.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Curate's egg!”

Written on: 18/05/2017 by MCW1608 (1 review written)

Like the curate's egg, my experience of Ebuyer was "good in parts"! Ebuyer seem to have an issue with some individual item weights, which consequently throw out the overall cart weight and the price options for delivery. Customer Service raised the query I had, but a delay from Product Management meant I had to wait 48hrs for the issue to be resolved. So in a nutshell (egg shell?), prices great, customer service good, website needs checking, problem solving ok but slow… Read Full Review

“They fixed my problem!”

Written on: 26/01/2017 by McDanieldz270 (1 review written)

I ordered a TV with next day delivery yesterday, promptly got ilthis morning and was shocked to discover a crack on the screen and the screen had come out of the tv at the top with a dent on the back. Phoned customer service and they have been quick and really helpful, the return and replacement is already sorted. It's a shame it was damaged but customer service are great. Thank you! The three stars reflect the fact my goods were damaged… Read Full Review

“Resolving delivery query”

Written on: 20/01/2017

Three of the items ordered on 07 December 2016 were either not delivered or were attempted to deliver during the festive break when the offices were closed. This non-delivery query has now been resolved amicably… Read Full Review

“So they sent out my server which was estimated to be...”

Written on: 12/03/2016 by JohanMcCall (1 review written)

So they sent out my server which was estimated to be delivered on the 8th of March. It never showed up! So I try tracking my item only to find out Yodel have "lost" it and nothing can be done until it is found. So two days later I find out that Yodel have sent it back to eBuyer, but eBuyer may never receive it as it is "lost". Looks like the Yodel delivery man has a new shiney server to play with. But no matter, eBuyer sorted this in no time and sent me a replacement on next day delivery!… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/03/2016

Hi,

I'm sorry for the trouble that this has caused you.

Please can you email me with your order details so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

“Slow is the word”

Written on: 23/01/2016 by justchillin (1 review written)

Not up with the tempo of many other outlets of this nature. Their declared delivery status and actual tracking status don't match in their favour. If you don't mind waiting that bit longer and are prepared to wait a while for customer service responses if thing go awry then many items are at a competitive price and so should be considered… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to justchillin's Review

Written on: 25/01/2016

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Please can you email me with your order number so I can note this down? Feel free to get in touch if you ever need anything.

Regards,

“WARRANTY QUERIE”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by 269Donahue (1 review written)

called this morning and the girl was very nice and very helpful but she gave me wrong number to call the other company… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/10/2014

Sorry about this.

Please email me the order number and I will try and get the correct number for you.

“Good and bad”

Written on: 10/06/2014 by JoolsPB (2 reviews written)

Best website and ordering system on net but avoid using the search facility as it really is pretty useless. When searching for an outdoor wireless antenna, the search facility returned a wireless point that not only lacked an antenna but also needs a £2500 controller for it to work which wasn't made clear on the page. Customer service can come across as arrogant and have stopped using it for home purchases after trying to get a faulty motherboard replaced. Customer service told us it was fine… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to JoolsPB's Review

Written on: 12/06/2014

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience caused as a result of this matter.

I am sorry to hear that you feel you did not receive a satisfactory service from our Customer Support Team when you contacted them previously and your comments about this will certainly be passed across to be reviewed further internally as a training issue.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the annoyance caused.

Lucy

“Excellent products and staff - not good on web site.”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by IT_Alan (1 review written)

I purchase IT for about 30 companies. Every time i order anything for 'next day deliver' there is always a problem, which i only find out when the delivery has not arrived. If there is a problem on the web site NO ONE TELLS YOU. I spoke to a very helpfull member of the staff who sorted the problems and my goods arrived the next day. Someone just make him the Managing Director and get rid of the person in charge of payment failures on the web site. You really need to let your customers… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to IT_Alan's Review

Written on: 20/05/2014

Hi,

Firstly I would like to apologise that you have experienced some issues with making the payment for your order on this occasion.

I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of this problem any sooner by our system and that due to this you were caused some delays. However, I am glad to see that your were very pleased with the help you received from our Customer Support Team when you contacted them in regards to this matter.

It is always greatly appreciated when you let us know that our team has offered you a high standard of service and resolved your problems for you and I will certainly be passing this over to their Team Leader so that they can all be made aware of this.

With regards to the payment problems, if you do wish to discuss this further with me please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be happy to help.

Once again, I apologise that you were caused some annoyances on this occasion.

“Delivery length”

Written on: 22/12/2013

I can't properly review yet as I haven't received the goods but, I ordered, 2 days later received an email saying goods had been dispatched but quoting a delivery date 10 days later. Whatever delivery method takes this long! Can't email them and their enote facility is hopeless as you need to choose a category (no relevant option) and in any case it just directs you to irrelevant FAQs. I also don't use non geographical phone nos… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/12/2013

Thank you for your review, I can advise that the longest delivery option that we have is 5 working days. Please can you contact me with your order number as your order should not be at 10 day delivery.

Also, when using our enote system we do have a general customer support category, if you are not sure which category to choose please choose this one.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Fifee's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2013

Hi - I managed today to work out the enotes - you need to login - then click on view all enotes - this gives you an option for customer support

They say 48hour turn around but I got a answer with a few hours - not that it helped in any way, and they have not replied to my reply - but it's worth a go for you

They appear to contract out there deliveries and is maybe 10 days as they don't appear to deliver much over the festive period (based on my conversations with them today)

Hope this helps a bit

“cheap but not sure when my tv is coming”

Written on: 13/06/2013 by DAVIDMERCER (1 review written)

Ive got a tv ordered with ebuyer - it is supposed to be delived today but i've had no emails or texts to say its coming. Hopefully it will arvie soon but it would have been nice to get an email telling me an approx delivery time… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to DAVIDMERCER's Review

Written on: 14/06/2013

I can advise when an order is placed with Ebuyer you are automatically sent a confirmation email with your estimated delivery date. You are then sent a dispatch email when your order has left our warehouse.

I apologise if you have not received this information, our customer support team are always happy to help if you have any further queries regarding your order and delivery.

“Rip-off delivery charges”

Written on: 06/06/2013 by macleodaj (2 reviews written)

I have spent tens of thousands of pounds with eBuyer over quite a few years now, but won't be spending another penny with them until they do something about their rip-off delivery charges based purely on postcodes. I live in Mainland Britain, in a reasonably sized village which does not require ferry crossings or even a single track road to reach; I highly resent having to pay £25 for delivery when other people are getting it for free. Amazon Prime may sound expensive at £50/year but it's… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to macleodaj's Review

Written on: 07/06/2013

Thank you for leaving a review for Ebuyer UK LTD.

I can advise that you are unable to receive free delivery on Northern Ireland, Scottish Offshore, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man. If you are not within these areas I am unsure on why you are been charged £25.

Please contact me so I can check this for you.

I do apologise for any annoyance that has been caused by this matter.

Resolution Team

Macleodaj's reply to Ebuyer.com's Comment

Written on: 10/06/2013

This is exactly my point - you've ripped me off to the tune of hundreds, if not thousands of pounds over the years by unfair delivery charges simply because of my postcode (which is Scottish Highlands, not Islands, not offshore in any way but part of mainland Britain.) As plenty of other suppliers manage to offer decent prices and non-discriminatory free delivery, you've lost my business.

“I USED to truset them”

Written on: 25/02/2013 by Ben.strawbridge (1 review written)

I have shopped at Ebuyer for years (my first order was in 2008) and ever since then i have done nothing but sing their praises to all and sundry. Sadly that is no longer the case. I now have doubts. In my latest order i spent over £1000 and in the order came a processor in a metal box. the box was badly dented and the original seal broken (please note this was packed in a cardboard box and well wrapped). I originally was happy to try the thing out and see if it worked, but after being… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to Ben.strawbridge's Review

Written on: 26/02/2013

Thank you for shopping with Ebuyer over the years and for your positive comments within this time.

I apologise you are not happy with the service you have received from Ebuyer on your latest experience. I can assure you if a customer is required to return an item to Ebuyer we will always try to make the return experience as quick and easy as possible. Your comments will be passed along.

Once again I apologise for any annoyance or inconvenience caused.

Ebuyer Resolution Team

“I ordered a Lenovo desktop computer without the...”

Written on: 20/12/2012

I ordered a Lenovo desktop computer without the operating system. When we attempted to put the OS onto the desktop, it wouldn't work. I rang up ebuyer and the first assistant was really helpful, he passed me onto a second assistant who questioned me about the product and said that ebuyer cannot accept returns for opened items - how was I meant to know the computer was faulty without opening it? He came to the conclusion that I had to pay to send the computer back - not happy as I had said a… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/12/2012

I would like to offer our apologies for the service you received from Ebuyer when trying to return your item. These comments will be passed along as a training issue.

I am glad we was able to find the fault with your item and reimburse you for the return postage you paid, this will be passed along to Simon.

Ebuyer Resolution Team

“Customer service needs improving.”

Written on: 05/11/2012 by Billy2353 (1 review written)

Purchased a monitor which had a dead pixel. I requested a replacement but was informed that a dead pixel is not classed as a fault. However I could return the monitor as not wanted and place a new order for a replacement, which is what I did. After a lengthy phone call to customer service I arrange for the original monitor to be collected by eBuyer, who gave me a collection time of 9am - 5pm. I then later received an email which stated the collection time was 7am - 9am! This was no good as I… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to Billy2353's Review

Written on: 05/11/2012

I would like to apologise for the dead pixel on your monitor and for the misleading information on your collection times, these comments will be passed forwards as a training issue.

I hope your monitor has now been returned to Ebuyer and the problems is resolved. If not, please contact me at resolutioncentre@ebuyer.com with your order number so I can look into this further.

Ebuyer Resolution Team

“Dont select next day delivery, ebuyer dont make sure”

Written on: 30/08/2012

ordered for next day delivery, did not arrive, ebuyer did not make sure that parcel force would deliver, or contact me regarding late or delays the least they could do was refund the shipping for not trying to meet it … Read Full Review

Written on: 30/08/2012

Please accept our apologies for your late delivery.

I can assure you we pride ourselves in our fast delivery service so these comments will be passed along.

You are able to track the progress of your order from your Ebuyer account and a dispatch email is sent once the order leaves our warehouse.

I hope your oder has now been received, if not, please don't hesitate to contact us for further investigations.

“After sales service.”

Written on: 05/07/2012 by PatJW (1 review written)

I recently had a top-end PSU fail within warranty (after 6 months of use) and sent it back to Ebuyer. Without giving me any say in the matter and despite the fact they had plenty of the same PSU in stock, I was given a partial refund of my purchase price instead of repair or replacement. This necessitated having to go through a re-ordering process and being out of pocket, plus added to an already lengthy delay in getting a replacement PSU for my PC. This weekend I ordered another unit and… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to PatJW's Review

Written on: 06/07/2012

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered with your PSU and the issues you had with your refund.

Our free delivery service is up to 5 working days, however, we will always try to deliver the item as early as possible.

If you have any more queries our Customer Support Team will be happy to help.

“The Best and the Worst”

Written on: 26/06/2012 by foolonthehill (3 reviews written)

Ordering through ebuyer is like Russian roulette: if you are lucky, you can get a great deal, cheap shipping which arrives earlier than you expected; if not, expect absurd pricing changes, delays and zero communication. Take this as an example: a Seagate hybrid SSD drive advertised on an email offer at £10 discount: £72.99 - £62.99. A pretty good deal. However, stocks clearly ran out (fair enough), so now the price is £107.03 to catch those who missed it, or to discount it even further next… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to foolonthehill's Review

Written on: 26/06/2012

I apologise for the problems you have encountered when purchasing through Ebuyer.

When a payment is processed through Paypal they do their own security checks which usually process straight away, however it can take up to 48 hours until we receive the payment from Paypal. Unfortunately, we can not dispatch an order until the payment has been received.

For security reasons, we do not receive information from Paypal of the security checks as this is between them and their customer. We are therefore unable to advise on their behalf what is holding up the payment.

Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team if you require any further information.

Foolonthehill's Response to foolonthehill's Review

oops: beleive -> believe

Foolonthehill's Response to foolonthehill's Review

Thanks Nikki.

You are right: I should add "don't use PayPal on ebuyer" to this review.

My particular issue in this case related to using PayPal (which I won't be doing again). Unfortunately, this reflects badly on you when you recommend PayPal but fail to warn customers before they purchase.

The negative feeling I currently have (alongside many years of ups and downs with ebuyer,) is down to communication:
- don't beleive the "order in the next xx hours for delivery tomorrow" written on every page: that this is not true if you pay with PayPal.
- the system does not update when the dispatch deadline is missed.
- there are no notifications that the deadline has been missed.
- don't expect any apologies (apparently *I* should have realised that it wasn't going to arrive that day!)

However, in general, the range of goods is excellent, and the prices are good value, as long as you don't get caught out by the occasional highly over-priced item.

“Item removed from cart before I had time to pay”

Written on: 25/04/2012 by onaqc (1 review written)

I have always found eBuyer service first class. This is the first time I have experienced any problem with making a purchased. The item in my cart was sold to someone else while I was in the process of paying for it. If someone was to do that to anyone in a shop you can imagine the fracas that would ensue. Very poor customer treatment just for the sake of a quick sale. Rebecca from eBuyer’s customer service team has given brilliant service and information about this issue. If only the… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to onaqc's Review

Written on: 26/04/2012

I sincerely apologise that you was unable to make your purchase due to stock levels.

Unfortunately, until an order is placed and the payment is taken, the items are not held and if the stock levels are low then the item may be sold to another customer if they process their order first.

I am however very glad to hear how happy you are with the service you received from Rebecca, these comments will be passed along to her.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries on any orders or items.

Once again I apologise for any annoyance or inconvenience caused.

“Vanishing Ordered Stock”

Written on: 06/10/2011 by dragonmicro (1 review written)

You have to be pretty much on the ball to order from Ebuyer and check stock levels as more than a few times we've ordered products that show in stock during the order process (10+ stock) only to be disappointed that ordering on the Super Saver Free Delivery service, the products vanish and your order is cancelled after confirmation. Checking the website however shows almost the same product line available at a higher price so it seems a large level of the low stock items are end of life… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to dragonmicro's Review

Written on: 06/10/2011

Thank you for your review and positive thoughts about our prices and promotions.

I apologise for the problems you have had with our stock when placing your orders.

We appreciate your comments regarding the stock levels as we are always looking for ways to improve our website.

Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team if you have any further queries.

Ebuyer Resolution Team

“Don't expect fast Delivery but All Good Otherwise”

Written on: 23/08/2011

I have had no problems with this company and have placed 6 different orders with them now. At one point I ordered a monitor which I found was unacceptable quality ( of cause not ebuyers fault ) and I was able to retune it with no trouble. The only negative thing I have to say is if you do pick the free delivery it will never arrive early. It will not be despatched from ebuyer until about 4-5 days after you ordered it. This annoys me as it seems clear they purposely delay the free delivery… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/08/2011

We would like to thank you for your comments and thoughts regarding our items and our delivery service.

It is always nice to hear our customers opinions as this can be used constructively to try and improve our customer satisfaction.

Please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team if you have any queries about delivery dates or any of our items.