AlphaRooms- Reviews - www.alpharooms.com

AlphaRooms- www.alpharooms.com - Ask a question now

“so easy to book ”

Written on: 25/04/2014

I always use alpharooms as the site is easy to use and always good value for money. Its the best site for all ages and all holiday types and I would definetly reccomend it be the first site you look at when considering a holiday. You are clearly guided through every stage of the booking abd each page is clear and concise… Read Full Review

Visit alpharooms.com

“Very straight forward and user friendly - Great Value...”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by Craigwex (1 review written)

It is brilliant how you can secure your booking with just a €10 deposit. Very user friendly site with each part you are guided through step by step by the system. If you need any help customer service are always there at the end of the phone to help (not that you will need to contact them when booking). I've used this site for bookings on multiple occasions and will continue to use and recommend it going forward. Great choice of destinations with some great value offers up for grabs… Read Full Review

“Very Very Happy”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by Nicmark1 (1 review written)

A good friend of mine told me about Alpha Rooms and Whow was I Happy with the out come, good quick Info just what we were looking for and A great price too, no problems getting around the site, all the answers were on hand for us will use Alpha Rooms again and again and will pass onto friends, Big Thank You Alpha Rooms!… Read Full Review

Visit alpharooms.com

“Cant get refund... charged twice!! 744408628417”

Written on: 22/04/2014 by mahoney321 (1 review written)

I booked a holiday for me and my family last week and paid deposit. Once I got an email confirmation it seemed that the booking was for 3 adults, not for me, my husband and 3 children! I tried to rebook but it says there are no spaces left! I have since amended and booked another holiday, but two deposits have been taken and I am therefore unable to pay the balance! I have contacted alpharooms via contact sheet but nothing!! I will have to contact my bank to see if I can get a refund and book… Read Full Review

“new website terrible”

Written on: 28/03/2014 by QuinnAndrews24 (1 review written)

I have been using Alpharooms for the last 8 years and never had an issue, but this year I needed to make a minor amendment to my dates due to a flight change and it literally took 5 weeks of constant emails and phone calls to even get a response from Alpharooms. This is just not good enough. Also the new website is not user friendly at all...the old site was much better. Alpharooms looking at all the bad reports on the web regarding your service levels you would really want to overhaul your… Read Full Review

Holidayman222's Comment

Written on: 01/04/2014

I have had the same problem as yourself. I Booked a holiday, flight and transfers with Alpharooms last Nov. I have had an email from the flight company (Thomas Cook) telling me that for "commercial" reasons the flight has been cancelled. No alternative flight just an application for a refund. That was over two weeks ago and still no refund! I have tried and tried to phone alpharooms about this but just kept waiting and waiting. I have sent two support requests asking about this. Again this was over two weeks ago without a reply. In fact my first request has disappeared from the page. I cant believe this company can be so irresponsible and making it so difficult to get in touch with them. We have booked a lot of holidays and flights with them in the past but this has just put me right off booking with them. How on earth can I get this sorted with them if they wont answer my request or answer the phone

Written on: 02/04/2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service you have received. Unfortunately our Customer Service department is extremely busy at the moment so please accept out apologies that it took a little time to amend your booking. Please be advised that you can modify your booking immediately yourself via My Account, which requires no contact with ourselves and therefore no waiting time.

alpharooms.com

“WHAT have you done to the website...?..”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by Emmaleep357 (1 review written)

I am a past customer of Alpharooms and thought they had a great website. You could pop in and have a look to see if there were any deals on holidays or weekends away...there's nothing to look at anymore...where's Alfie's deal of the day??? I am now using Low Cost holidays site and just picked up a holiday that we hadn't planned but it's really good value.....Why...because it was there in front of our eyes....didn't have to plan it ourselves....Alpharooms I really think ye are going to loose… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/03/2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you dislike our new website. We appreciate all comments and we're always looking for ways to improve, so I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department.

Wong1965's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2014

I could not agree more....the new site is terrible. Not user friendly at all, and also having terrible problems for days now trying to get through to " Manage my Booking". I have been booking with Alpharooms for years, but I feel the Customer Service has been nothing short of " shocking " this year when I tried to get a minor amendment put through
You are going to lose out some business...just check out all the bad press about Alpharooms on the net

“no Refund”

Written on: 18/03/2014 by Porter321 (1 review written)

Ive booked hotel over the phone and made payment. I was informed that due system error payment didn't go through so processed another payment. After checking bank account I was charged twice for different amounts!£158.50and £155.65Contacted customer service several times to get it sorted but noone could help me, I spent over an hour each time to be connect with an agent. Its been over two weeks now but still awaiting refund! STAY AWAY… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/03/2014

Good morning,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused with regards to your double booking. As we have advised on Facebook. there was unfortunately a system error which caused the booking to fail as should the payment have. Your refunds were both processed when you contacted us back on the 6th March, these payments should have now cleared.

I would suggest that you contact your bank as the payment has gone from our system.

alpharooms.com

“We booked a holiday in Lanzarote with a transfer from...”

Written on: 13/03/2014 by mikecarmi (3 reviews written)

We booked a holiday in Lanzarote with a transfer from the airport to the hotel. No transfer was booked and when we arriveds at the hotel no room had been booked. I would never use this firm again… Read Full Review

Alpharooms's Response to mikecarmi's Review

Written on: 14/03/2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you've encountered and offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused. Unfortunately I cannot comment further without your itinerary reference number however we do have an emergency in-resort number that you can call should you experience a problem like this, so hopefully you called this and we were able to assist you.

“Buyers beware”

Written on: 18/02/2014

Basically this company took all my money & despite numerous promises won't give it back. I've had to take them to court & have advised Trading Standards, Watchdog & BBC Rogue Traders. For your own sake please go elsewhere or you may never see your money again… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/02/2014

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately without your itinerary reference number I will not be able to advise specifically, however I am very sorry to hear that you have not yet received a refund that you are due. I can assure you that if we agree a refund then we always process it and ensure that the funds are received back into the customer's bank account . It sounds like something may have gone a little wrong with the processing of yours here which is why it's not been received yet, however please be assured that this does not reflect our usually high level of service. Please accept our sincere apologies for any frustration or inconvenience caused here. If this has not yet been resolved then please don't hesitate to contact us on our Customer Service number and we will gladly investigate further.

“Very confusing experience”

Written on: 13/02/2014 by MissElizabeth (1 review written)

Booked flights hotel and transfers a week ago advised confirmation within 72 hours... They have taken the money for Hotel and Transfers but not flights. Called and got through to call center. Apparently flight company rejected payment and they are going to rebook these flights for me - but why did no-one tell me this (money definitely in account for this payment to be made so not my fault)? Have sent several messages via My Account and tried emailing a customer services contact but nothing… Read Full Review

Alpharooms's Response to MissElizabeth's Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Sadly without your itinerary number I am unable to comment further on the issues specifically.

Generally if your flight does not confirm with the airline at the time of booking your flight reference will say 'Not Confirmed'. We will attempt to manually confirm your flight with the airline and notify you within 72 hours if your flight has been successfully confirmed.

Please be assured that the message you have sent via My Account will be processed and replied to in due course. Our Customer Service department are very busy at the moment due to seasonal demand however they are striving to answer queries as quickly as they can.

“Not easy to cancel”

Written on: 07/02/2014 by DeeWhite3 (1 review written)

I had booked a hotel but realised a few days later we had a family event to attend so I had to cancel, site says to submit a ticket which I did more than six times, no confirmation that tickets were received and no ticket open in the my account section. I do not think they will contact me after reading these reviews and will use another site for rebooking my holiday. I think I will have to resort to cancelling my card as I don't trust alpharooms after what I have read. My first and last time to… Read Full Review

Alpharooms's Response to DeeWhite3's Review

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you've struggled to cancel your booking. Submitting a support request is the correct thing to do as we require all cancellations to be requested in writing. Once submitted your request will fall into a queue of work and will be processed in due course. Our Customer Service team are very busy at the moment due to it being high season for us however please be assured that all Support Requests will be processed and responded to, I am very surprised to hear that despite submitting tickets they have not been showing in My Account. This is not currently a known issue and we'd ask that you contact our Customer Service team by phone with this issue so that they can look into this.

Sadly without your itinerary number I am unable to comment further on the issues specifically. I sincerely hope that this is resolved for you soon.

Deewhite3's reply to Alpharooms's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2014

This is my itinerary number 483050045994 and still no ticket open in my account. I do not have the time to spend on the phone to customer services based on the other comments on this site about the wait time involved. I think it would be best just to cancel my credit card and not use alpharooms again. My advice to alpharooms would be to employ more staff for the busy periods and avoid disappointing customers.

Alpharooms's reply to Deewhite3's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2014

Hello,

Thank you for your comment. I have checked your account and there is now an open Support Request which was submitted yesterday. I have asked a member of our Customer Service to process your ticket and reply to you as soon as they can.

Deewhite3's reply to Alpharooms's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2014

Hooray! I could finally submit a ticket.

“Booked price confirmed”

Written on: 26/01/2014

Booked with alpha rooms who quoted price then received increased invoice after booking stay clear of this ripoff company Stay clear… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/01/2014

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with us. Unfortunately without your itinerary number I am unable to comment further on the issues specifically, however you can contact us by telephone or via My Account should you have any issues left that you feel are unresolved and we will gladly assist.

alpharooms.com

“no confirmation of booking”

Written on: 23/01/2014

I have booked with alpharooms many times before but this time I have waited 10 days and still no confirmation my flights or hotels have been booked, tried contacting them daily by phone and there is always a 35 minute wait for a customer service advisor I have had replies to e-mail contact but I still do not know if my booking has gone through. is it the new website to blame or is there something more serious we should be worried about… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/01/2014

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your concern about your booking and I'd like to reassure you.
We are experiencing long delays on the phones at the moment as this is our peak period. However in the My Account section of the site you should be able to contact us without having to call us and we will respond to any queries you have. You will also see your booking in My Account and it's status.
We have had a few technical glitches with the new site but have been hard at work rectifying all of these and resolving them. If you are still unsure, still missing confirmations or require any further assistance please contact us via My Account and we will resolve these for you.

“alpharooms was the worst company i have ever dealt with”

Written on: 16/01/2014

alpharooms are TERRIBLE to book a holiday through, i booked a package holiday to magaluf they managed to book accommodation but didn't bother to book flights when I contacted them about this they fobbed me off telling me it was up to me to contact the airline when I did contact the airline they said aplharooms hadn't contacted them and this has happened on numerous times that people have either lost their seats on flights or prices have gone up because of this but still alpharooms had taken… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/01/2014

Hello,

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to hear you've had a negative experience here. Unfortunately without your itinerary number I am unable to comment further on the issues specifically, however you can contact us by telephone or via My Account should you have any issues left that you feel are unresolved and we will gladly assist.

Please note, as per our Terms and Conditions, that 'where you buy more than one product from us at the same time, for example a flight and a hotel, even though they may be linked to the same dates of travel, they do not constitute a package as defined in the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Travel Regulations 1992'.

“Awaiting confirmation”

Written on: 16/01/2014 by Edpmull (1 review written)

Booked a transfer from airport to hotel for June, money was taken from account but no voucher received. I sent an email to alpharooms and got a reply from an advisor who said that she would pass it on to customer services. Thay was 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing since. I have used them before and never had a problem even when changing a booking… Read Full Review

Alpharooms's Response to Edpmull's Review

Written on: 27/01/2014

Hello,

I'm so sorry no one has got back to you yet. I've just replied personally to the e-mail that you've sent us and I've asked our Customer Service team to get in touch with you as soon as they can.

Edpmull's reply to Alpharooms's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2014

still waiting for contact

“Terrible booking process ”

Written on: 15/01/2014 by Teehee (1 review written)

We made a booking for a hotel short break in February . I didn't realise it wasn't a live booking system (my bad) so wasnt expecting the message of 'we will aim to confirm your booking within 72 hours ' . Well here I am over a week later , 4 calls on a premium line of 20 minutes and 3 emails and I have not managed to speak to anyone or receive any response. I am finding the whole process extremely frustrating and very unprofessional . Absolutely unacceptable level of service , however they… Read Full Review

Alpharooms's Response to Teehee's Review

Good morning,

Thank you for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've encountered here; can you kindly e-mail us with your itinerary reference number? I'll then forward this on to our Customer Service department who will contact you accordingly.

Thanks,

Teehee's reply to Alpharooms's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2014

Ok , can you please provide an e-mail address . I have emailed on numerous occasion under 'my account' but have not had any response . It had been acknowledged by customer service against it but no contact . Thank you .

Alpharooms's reply to Teehee's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2014

Hello,

You can e-mail us at [removed].

Thanks,

“great value for money ”

Written on: 12/01/2014 by kathryn23 (1 review written)

Pleases with the price with alpharooms as is sells the hotel stays at the best price of any other travel agent, i have booked with alpharooms a few times now and definitely recommend it, i haven't had any problems on resort where i have had to contact them about a problem so i don't know about customer service in-resort do would be unfair to comment but in my opinion great value for money … Read Full Review

“horrible”

Written on: 03/01/2014

On the day of our flight we were emailed that the hotel we booked can not accomodate us. Trying to reach the agency to confirm the replacement hotel is aware that we are coming took all day and we managed to reach them 10 minutes before boarding the airplane. At the checkouts we were told that the payment hasnot been made to the hotel and that they need to charge us again. After one hour trying to reach someone from the agency - anyone really, we were told the transfer of the money would be… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/01/2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you encountered whilst on holiday. Please can I ask you to let us know your booking reference number and we will investigate this further as this is not our usual high standard of customer service.

Kind regards

“new website layout”

Written on: 29/12/2013

I have booked with alpharooms many times and have always got a great price with no complications. However I cant make head nor tail of the new website. I used to browse the old website a few times a week looking for a great deal but now i cant find any deals for cheap holidays. I think the old layout was much eaier to use. Why fix it when it wasnt broken???? … Read Full Review

Visit alpharooms.com

“Please do not make a costly mistake a part with any...”

Written on: 24/12/2013

Please do not make a costly mistake a part with any money to this  travel agent. They will take your money and a few days later will inform you that there is no longer any accomodation. They will also tell you that you have the flights and will have to find your own accomodation. They will also tell you that they cannot offer alternative accomodation. Please beware and ignore the positive feedback on this company as it is bogus. You have been warned… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/12/2013

I'm sorry to hear this was your experience with us and that this situation arose at all. Our customer service team should have been able to help offer alternatives and advice to ease the obvious disappointment. I will raise this to the customer services manager as these are not our usual high standards of service.