Stoeger 2000 semi auto 12g Reviews

Stoeger 2000 semi auto 12g - Ask a question now

“stoeger 12 ga. auto”

Written on: 07/04/2013

I have stoeger 12 ga. black synthetic shot all kinds of shells never had a problem… Read Full Review

“stoeger 2000”

Written on: 26/11/2011 by buster83 (1 review written)

for the money not a bad gun clean then clean again then start out using 6 boxes of high brass then drop down to 1 1/8 and no lower have over 6 thousands rounds threw it with one jam and one Benelli click. black synthetic 26 inch barrel … Read Full Review

“Jams”

Written on: 16/10/2011 by ss1980 (3 reviews written)

I've had more jams in this shotgun than in any other shotgun I've ever owned. But unlike other users, I have identified the true problem. I eliminated the problems one by one. Shells - tried light loads, medium loads, game loads, magnum loads of all major manufacturers and brands. Steel and lead, hevy shot, etc. Verdict - jams, sidepiping, failing to eject and feeding problems can happen with any of those shells. So, the problem was not in shells. Oil & cleaning - I normally clean the gun… Read Full Review

“Part of my job is to conduct post qualification and...”

Written on: 03/06/2010

Part of my job is to conduct post qualification and functional testing of any products that we're going to procure.The Stoeger 2000 series,12 GA S/A beats other shotguns being tested.It having an inertia recoil operated system is superb for complete cycling.The handling is good,easy way of field stripping and the price is reasonable,its like you are having a benelli(its look like a benelli)over all it passed to our parameters.It's great!… Read Full Review

“All of my buddies are running benelli supersport...”

Written on: 04/12/2009 by Tatorsalad (1 review written)

All of my buddies are running benelli supersport shotguns $1703. I bought the stoeger 2000 for 435. I got a warranty through the local gunshop because it is an off brand. I as well as everyone else who has shot my stoeger has been very impressed. It feeds and fires everything we can put in it, recoil is mild. I had heard of the charging handle flying off while shooting... if it is pushed all the way in, one click, two click, its not ggoing anywhere. I recommend the stoeger 2000 to anyone… Read Full Review

“I have only had this gun for only a couple months but...”

Written on: 04/10/2009

I have only had this gun for only a couple months but works perfect 1oz loads right up to 3" steel shot hammer loads. I wish they made a 20 ga
because I would buy one of them to. for me no problems… Read Full Review

“i have had my stoger 2000 just over a year and for the...”

Written on: 22/09/2009

i have had my stoger 2000 just over a year and for the last 3 months it is breaking my hart it keeps jamin it will fire 2 shells jams on 3rd and some times it will fire first and jams on the 2nd i have tryed every thing and still no good i live in ireland i have tryed to trade it in to 3 gun dealers and not one of them would take it as a trade in they all said their a bad make of a gun i think i will just have to scrap and get a moseberg… Read Full Review

“I own two Stoeger Model 2000 12-gauge shotguns (a...”

Written on: 16/11/2008

I own two Stoeger Model 2000 12-gauge shotguns (a wood-stocked and a Realtree APG synthetic stocked model. I bought the wood-stocked about 2 1/2 years ago and then last year a buddy was selling his because he got a new Benelli as a gift from a vendor of his. I couldn't pass it up so I now have two Stoegers that I shoot regularly and I have yet to have a malfunction. I shoot quite a bit at clays and some pheasant hunting and they both work great… Read Full Review

“This is not to good a gun, I have tried various...”

Written on: 11/09/2008

This is not to good a gun, I have tried various different shells and none seem to like it completely. Shells with 5mm brass arent liked!… Read Full Review

“I only bought this gun from the CLA game fair a few...”

Written on: 13/08/2008 by mark bonifas (1 review written)

I only bought this gun from the CLA game fair a few weeks ago so have not really out it through it paces yet.
I was looking at a Beretta extrema or Benelli but as they were both circa £1250 I went for the cheaper option but as yet I am not disappointed… Read Full Review

“My brother in law decided to buy a Stoeger 12ga...”

Written on: 25/02/2008 by theshootist (92 reviews written)

My brother in law decided to buy a Stoeger 12ga semi-auto shotgun last year with a full camo pattern on the gun.
We immediately took the shotgun out clay shooting and had an awful time with it.
The spring mechanism on the loader must have been defective because it kept ejecting the shells after loading them?
The bolt release was the same way?
In order to reload/cycle through ammo manually, one needs to figure out a series of dangerous and complex button pushes and maneuvers.
I've been using… Read Full Review

“I purchased this gun in Fall of 2006, three days...”

Written on: 28/12/2007

I purchased this gun in Fall of 2006, three days afterwards I took it back and exchanged it for another one. The first gun had a bad spring on the release button that made it very, very difficult for an average man to press. So the second shot well for a while, after a awesome goose hunt and lots of shooting, a turn nut that secures the ejection harness in place comes out. After a good cleaning this part falls out of the gun and pieces are no longer found. As a result the gun would only… Read Full Review

“I had been using a very light 26" O/U game gun which...”

Written on: 18/10/2006 by GeoffCop (2 reviews written)

I had been using a very light 26" O/U game gun which caused me problems with recoil when shooting clays. I went to my local dealer to see what I could trade for. For one reason or another, nothing suited me but, as I was leaving I saw this sleek all black Stoeger 2000 semi auto 12g beckoning to me.

When I picked it up, it just felt completely natural in my hands and it went straight to my shoulder, spot on. I had never heard of the make before so I did some Internet searching. Stoeger is a… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/12/2006

Looks like the Stoeger 2000 semi auto 12g may be what I need for long range squirrel shooting. How wide is the rib? Would it take a red sight? Did you look at the Hatsans at all? Thanks.

Written on: 04/01/2007

Thanks for the info.
<br/>Do you think it would be possible to fix a red spot type sight to the rib? How wide is it and how deep.
<br/>I have tried to get that info on a number of guns from dealers but the just say a what?
<br/>Its done a lot in the states esp on tight choke turkey guns. Thanks for the help.

Geoffcop's Response to GeoffCop's Review

Written on: 04/01/2007

I got mine from Fenland Rural Sports, Warboys, Cambs. If you tap in Stoeger in a search engine you will find several suppliers.
<br>
<br/>I didn't try the Hatsan Escort because this was an ex-demo model, which I just happened to notice on the rack.
<br/>As soon as I picked it up it just felt so right, that I organised a part-ex on my Bettinsoli for it, and I didn't look any further.
<br/>
<br>I see that there are some reviews of the Escort in the Sporting Shotguns list on this site.

Written on: 03/01/2007

Thanks, where did you get yours from?

Geoffcop's Response to GeoffCop's Review

Written on: 03/01/2007

I don&#039;t know whether the rib is wide enough for a red sight but it comes with a white dot bead which is easily visible.
<br/>We shoot 32gr 5shot 1/2 choke for game/pigeons, including squirrels, through it and it is highly effective.
<br/>I use fibre wads because below 15yds the shot is still in the plastic wad and it&#039;s effectively a 12g bullet. Nothing left to eat.
<br/>I use 28gr 71/2 1/4 choke for clays and I usually have a smile on my face when I come off the stand.
<br/>I have had some stoppages with it lately but the solution was incredibly simple.
<br/>Because I am now relaxing alot more when I fire it, my grip is sometimes a bit too relaxed which means that the gun itself moves instead of the action. Being an Inertia action, this dissipates some of the inertia. The solution is to simply hold the gun slightly firmer and bang, bang problem solved.