Simply Heathcotes, Manchester Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Simply Heathcotes, Manchester - Ask a question now

“We eat at Simply Heathcote's in Manchester very...”

Written on: 12/10/2006 by mutton (10 reviews written)

We eat at Simply Heathcote's in Manchester very regularly, mostly with the family but sometimes as a couple or with friends. Their set menus are great value, particularly Sunday lunch. Also their Monday evening offer, with a bottle of wine free, if two are dining. The bread and butter pudding is to die for, as is the black pudding (not sure where they source it), and they cook everything as requested - medium rare means medium rare! Most of the ingredients are locally sourced and their staff… Read Full Review

Davemurphy's Response to mutton's Review

Written on: 15/10/2006

Glad to hear you have had a good experience at Simply Heathcotes. As you can see I have reviewed the restaurant too - Unfortunately we wont be going back. From reading other reviews on the internet I can see, like my review there are plenty of complaints on the poor service.
<br/>
<br/>Service is just as important as the food and unfortunately it looks like Simply Heathcotes do not deliver the service you would expect. Try going to Harvey Nicks to compare what good service is and should be.
<br/>
<br/>The fact was that on the night we went, there were just too many mix ups and short comings in the service. From the wrong side order being brought to the table, despite being corrected on taking the order. We ate our meals 20 minutes apart because the most basic customer service wasnt&#039;t followed and that was to take both meals away and keep one warm while the other was put right.
<br/>
<br/>Unattentative staff is not good news for any restaurant let alone one of this supposed &#039;quality&#039;.
<br/>
<br/>Simply Heathcotes...Simply not worth it!

Mutton's Response to mutton's Review

Written on: 08/11/2006

Hi DaveMurphy, I'm sorry your experience at Simply Heathcotes restaurant in Manchester wasn't as good as ours. We've never had a problem with their service - just wanted to add that we've had shockingly bad service at Harvey Nicks as well. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw!

“I booked Simply Heathcotes from a website which...”

Written on: 11/10/2006 by DaveMurphy (1 review written)

I booked Simply Heathcotes from a website which recommended the restaurant as the best restaurant in Manchester.
I made a reservation for myself and my fianc to celebrate her 40th birthday. When making the booking I was asked if it was a special occasion and I told them that It was my fianc s 40th birthday - The lady which took the booking said that the chef would do something special to celebrate the occasion and decorate her plate with "happy Birthday". At this I was excited at the thought… Read Full Review