Malmaison Restaurant, Manchester Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Malmaison Restaurant, Manchester - Ask a question now

☆☆☆☆☆

“After seeing an advertised wine and cheese evening in...”

Written on: 10/10/2006 by Clair (1 review written)

After seeing an advertised wine and cheese evening in our local Malmaison, I gathered my friends and booked a table for 6. This turned out to be quite a quest as the first two people I spoke to when calling did not know anything about this, but luckily they took my number and sure enough I was called back with details and confirmed my booking.

Fast forward to the evening, taxi ordered all dressed to the nines, friends ready and about to leave when we receive a phone call 15 minutes before we… Read Full Review

Wsd's Response to 182801_Clair's Review

Written on: 10/10/2006

That is absolutely appalling! Did they at least offer to feed you on a different night at a discount, or with a free bottle of wine or a free starter/dessert or something? Usually when the restaurant makes a mistake they offer you something in return by way of an apology. How horrible! I hope you managed to find somewhere to eat at least.
<br/>
<br/>It&#039;s amazing that someplace whose business is SERVICE could make customer satisfaction so low a priority as to not care whether their patrons were put out, not fed or generally ever came back. You&#039;d think they&#039;d have known what their capacity was and managed to buy in enough food. Or do you think they were pathetic enough to have displaced you for a "celebrity" guest who demanded a table despite that celebrity&#039;s money not being worth any more than yours?

182801_Clair's Response to 182801_Clair's Review

Written on: 15/10/2006

Again you are totally right WSD, they have lost future business, and I am sure it is not just from me, but also of those I was dining with that night, and friends and family.
<br/>
<br/>As for the person doing the wine tasting, I have never heard of him. We just wanted to go and discover some great new wines. The sad thing is, we were also looking to hire a venue for a large private party, which would have generated lots of revenue for the company. It is safe to say that Malmaison is defiantly off the list!

Wsd's Response to 182801_Clair's Review

Written on: 13/10/2006

Why would you want to meet the man doing the tasting if you didn't get to participate and actually hear what he had to say about the food/drink? Is he famous?
<br/>
<br/>Surely if you book for something and they take your booking it's poor customer service to then offer you something else entirely at the last minute, without also offering some form of compensation for you, because I would assume without that compensation Malmaison have also lost your business in future?

182801_Clair's Response to 182801_Clair's Review

Written on: 12/10/2006

Hi WSD,
<br/>
<br/>They did say that they could give us a table in their brassiere for six, and after the meal we could meet the person doing the wine and cheese tasting. Being so kind and thoughtful though, they also pointed out that as we were no longer on the ticketed meal we would not be able to sample either the wine or cheese.
<br/>
<br/>The night was not all bad though. We manged to get a table in Harvey Nichols where the food was superb, and between the six of us it worked out the same price as the original night, plus we got loads more wine. I also think you could be right about your celebrity theory it was the England match the next day.