Yarmouth, Norton Grange Resort Reviews

Yarmouth, Norton Grange Resort - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yarmouth, Norton Grange Resort

Yarmouth, Norton Grange Resort

“First I would like you to be aware that i/we were...”

Written on: 21/04/2013 by alanjc2122 (1 review written)

First I would like you to be aware that i/we were traveling with a coach party. This was an all inclusive deal, ie. meals and drinks. the disabled room that we were in was ok but nothing to write home about, the shower was antiquated and must have been installed i the 1950`s with barely lukewarm water. We were out on a day trip when 1 of our passengers was travel sick (this being due to the fact that we had to travel on the back roads and the coach having no aircon on.) While we understood the… Read Full Review

“my opinion of norton grange”

Written on: 06/09/2012

dont beleive about the chalets being dirty been several timesd and the chalets were lovely everything was satisfacrtory will be ther again the 10th september 2012 and will write ny reveiv after… Read Full Review

“david james”

Written on: 01/01/2012

the entertaiments team were brill. the scottish chap(cant remember his name) was very friendly and tries to draw the crowd together. David James brilliant and was the main reason for going back lovely man with the best singing i have heard for a long time.would like more quizes… Read Full Review

“Genuine query treated with CONTEMPT by Central Call Centre”

Written on: 18/06/2011

My father and I spent a happy three days at Norton Grange. The staff on site were friendly and helpful. On our final night there was a fire on site. Our holiday was full board. Due to the fire it was not possible to provide a breakfast on our final morining so we purchased a breakfast elsewhere. Upon our return,I phoned the Central Call Centre and requested a reimbursement for our breakfact. I was offered a £10 voucher to spend on site. We have no imediate plans to return to Warners so I… Read Full Review

“We've just spent Christmas at Norton Grange on the...”

Written on: 30/12/2009

We've just spent Christmas at Norton Grange on the Isle of Wight, just thirty minutes on the ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth.

It's one of the few remaining Coastal 'Resorts' that Warner Leisure Hotels offer for short breaks. Most of their outlets have been upgraded to hotel status, with traditional rooms set within a hotel layout, but there are four locations left which are classified as Resorts and these still offer chalet accommodation. Set within walking distance of a main block, they do… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2011

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the lovely, friendly Aga is still there. We also had a nice time on our short break, although some of the chalets are still tired and dingey unfortunately. We ended our stay by watching the show and then the fire that broke out in the main building in the offices above! What a spectacle but dealt with admirably by the fire service. Don't think we would risk Christmas but David James is great as are all the Staff. We met some lovely people but will not be going back. Warners do the big houses much better so maybe we will be off to one of them instead.

“I will never visit any Warner resort again after this...”

Written on: 05/10/2009

I will never visit any Warner resort again after this experience.

The Chalets are overpiced dated and dingey (need a light above the mirror). Glass light shades on ceiling full of dead flies.
Bathroom was dirty, magnolia emulsion painted tiles with a thick layer of dust, fluff and grime between the bath and WC.

Buffet dinner is roast meat and soggy veg with long queues due to short serving times.
Starters, A'La Carte and pud all pre pre made and arrive within seconds.

Bar prices are steep… Read Full Review

“I have visited most of the Warner sites, and all are...”

Written on: 22/09/2009 by Terry Mc Carthy (1 review written)

I have visited most of the Warner sites, and all are extremly good value.
BUT. Norton Grange, Yarmouth, Isle of Wight,is just about as good as it gets, a wonderfull setting, (right on the edge of the Solent) I now visit about once a month, (I have to travel over 100 miles, but it is well worth it. What can I say? Great Place, Great Food, Wonderfull Staff, A very tallented entertainments team, etc, etc.
The icing on the cake, is the lovely small town of Yarmouth, 10 minutes walk away.

Very… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Norton Grange Resort accommodation: Unattractive...”

Written on: 01/07/2009

Norton Grange Resort accommodation: Unattractive brick-built blocks of chalets with paint flaking from wooden areas. Gloomy poorly-lit interior.
Cheap poor quality furnishings well overdue for replacement. No lights over mirrors. Unpleasant smell in bathroom. Floor-covering peeling at edges, dirty in corners. Ineffective extractor fan.
Meals: Good hearty breakfast. Very limited choice for evening meal. Limited meal times meant restaurant very crowded with production-line serving… Read Full Review

“I have been here to Norton Grange Resort twice, and my...”

Written on: 29/01/2009 by ruralretreat (2 reviews written)

I have been here to Norton Grange Resort twice, and my mother has been here on numerous occasions.
I think that the length of service time for the evening meals should be longer, so that everyone is not queuing up at the same time. The food was good, but i think that having mainly roast meats can be a little boring. As a chef myself, and being in the catering industry over 20 years, I do know how hard it is to cater for so many people with different tastes and requirements, but i still think… Read Full Review

“The accommodation is a long way from the main centre...”

Written on: 11/08/2008 by msuffield (1 review written)

The accommodation is a long way from the main centre so when it rains it can be very difficult especially with English weather. I thought the accommodation was very dirty and tired, carpets were not fit for me to walk on with bare feet as they were dirty - badly in need on a clean in my view. When asked the receptionist gave a lot of platitudes and said there was nothing they could do.
I found the advertising very misleading no indication that the site was still like a holiday camp rather than… Read Full Review

“Difficult to find! This 'resort' is marketed in a...”

Written on: 20/02/2008

Difficult to find! This 'resort' is marketed in a misleading manner, - it really should be called the last resort. overcrowded dining areas with very small tables. Average food, small portions at dinner served by hardworking but inexperienced staff, who were rushing to get the tables empty. Dusty & grubby public areas. Bathrooms were dated… Read Full Review

Katie Delaney's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2008

What a shame nothing seems to have changed since we were there and I wrote my original review! No wonder Warners keep offering us cut price deals!

“For the money we spent we expected better... Would I...”

Written on: 04/10/2006 by Craigy123 (2 reviews written)

For the money we spent we expected better... Would I go again, well to the IOW definately, to Norton Grange, not if it was the last hotel on earth… Read Full Review

Katie Delaney's Response to Craigy123's Review

Written on: 18/10/2006

I have to agree with all comments made by Craigy about Norton Grange! Different week - same verdict.

444754_Stormdancer's Response to Craigy123's Review

Written on: 02/03/2009

Could not agree with your view more - watch out for our review - when we are over the shock, we'll be adding one!!

“Norton Grange Resort is not the best example of a...”

Written on: 29/09/2006 by katie delaney (8 reviews written)

Norton Grange Resort is not the best example of a Warners Adults Only Break. Try Bembridge Coast, which appears to be a more up-market alternative!

Norton Grange is well situated for the ferry if you travel to Yarmouth (as opposed to Fishbourne). Very close to Alum Bay and The Needles. Good starting out point for most of the Isle of Wight. The Bar is very nice and has a fabulous view of the sea and Portsmouth coast. Entertainment wasn't bad.

Unfortunately, the chalet was very dated and in… Read Full Review