Orlando, Disney World Reviews

Orlando, Disney World - Ask a question now

“Disney World, is it what Walt had in mind anymore?”

Written on: 24/03/2013 by Willgibson407 (3 reviews written)

Disney World is a MASSIVE corporation, building them selves from the ground up. Very respectful, in the days of Walt Disney, this was the perfect place. They definitely had there minds set in the right place, now days, its all about the money. Yes it is still Disney World, yes, it is still magical...for first time visitors. Living literally 10 minutes away I have the chance to go as much as possible, and I do. But it has come to my attention, like I just stated, its all about the money. Which… Read Full Review

“Poor, Poor, Poor”

Written on: 31/07/2012 by Reckless (1 review written)

Does not meet expectations of a modern world. Rides are tame, queues unacceptable, felt we had paid $100 each to enter a Disney shopping mall & food outlet. Very, very dated. Even kids as young as 9yo in our party felt this was cringeworthy. Excessive patronising, loosely disguised as health & safety "keep behind the ropes", keep the route clear", "do not attempt to cross", was unnecessary. The initial "race"/disorderly scuffle to get a seat in the tram from the car parks was a disgrace and… Read Full Review

“Totally outdated! For being Disney World I had higher...”

Written on: 17/01/2011

Totally outdated! For being Disney World I had higher expectations. Its so much nicer on TV! Definitely will not be comming back! LAME!!… Read Full Review

“Walt disney world florida is the best place eva. make...”

Written on: 03/08/2009

Walt disney world florida is the best place eva. make sure u go evry where magic kingdom is so big u must spend at least 2 days there.
im going back in 2010 staying at the disney pop century hotel and can not wait!!!

“Disney World Orlando is truly amazing and you will...”

Written on: 11/08/2008 by pwincess2211 (1 review written)

Disney World Orlando is truly amazing and you will really regret it if you don't go, before I went to Florida I wasn't that excited but when I got there I started to get more and more excited and felt truly amazed!! (I advise lots of big entertainment on the plane - tip: plan your journey entertainment, eg. first hour watch TV, second hour read, 3 hour listen to ipod, 4 hour watch TV again, until you reach hour 10 your last hour… Read Full Review

Mimzyjen26's Response to 390754_pwincess2211's Review

Written on: 04/02/2010

I agree ! I was originally supposed to go to New York with my friends about 10 years ago on a college(16) trip but at the last moment it was cancelled. I was distraught to learn that my family were going to take me to disneyworld orlando instead! how wrong i was. I thought it was going to be an overrated theme park, and that i would be bored as i hate rides.
<br/>
<br/>As soon as we hit the gates, and the turnstiles i was bursting with excitement. Disneyland orlando is the best holiday i have ever had. I was amazed to see how many different variety of people from all over the world was united in one magical place. i must say though as a uk person i was hugely disappointed with the UK in Epcot , it seemed to be the only country that was not done justice. Come on guys there s more to us than the beetles! In short i cannot wait to take my 3 year old daughter and pass down the torch of magic. 10 out of 5

“This is the most wonderful, exciting, thrilling place...”

Written on: 12/07/2007 by SLIMMINGWAY (5 reviews written)

This is the most wonderful, exciting, thrilling place on earth. My wife and I are both in our 60's but still wonder and enjoy beyond belief at the whole atmosphere, which is beyond belief, the shows and displays are mind blowing. Everyone Should have to see this truly amazing attraction… Read Full Review

“For all those who have had a bad experience,...”

Written on: 14/08/2006 by FSUJD524 (1 review written)

For all those who have had a bad experience, especially with reservations, remember that unfortunate things like that happen. Sometimes when you make reservations on the phone with a Disney, or any hotel employee, reservations get lost because they press one wrong button by accident. My advice for those who are going to book over the phone or online, call 10 minutes after you make the reservation to confirm the reservation. Do so every so often and especially before you leave to go to… Read Full Review

274732_Dmwallace's Response to FSUJD524's Review

Written on: 16/01/2007

Thanks for the tip on confirming meal reservations before your trip. I will be sure to do so!!

“As regular visitors to Disney World in Florida, we...”

Written on: 05/07/2006 by jennyc (11 reviews written)

As regular visitors to Disney World in Florida, we have discovered we can save a lot on admission prices by buying Annual Passes (these are not widely advertised). Annual passes only cost a few dollars more than the usual multi admission passes bought by most UK visitors, plus parking is free with an Annual Pass saving $8 a day. If you travel in May one year and April the next year you can get two years holidays out of one years passes.

The whole family love visiting Florida and the parks, and… Read Full Review

“Disney World - I felt really annoyed with everyone...”

Written on: 30/06/2005 by u0005470 (3 reviews written)

Disney World - I felt really annoyed with everyone dissing WDW Florida so I thought I would stick up for it, for anyone who is planning on going pleeeease do so. It is the most fantastic place for both adults and children, it's genuinely fun for all the family. You would return again and again believe me!… Read Full Review

“Disney World is a Secure well maintained area....”

Written on: 15/10/2004 by podgie (2 reviews written)

Disney World is a Secure well maintained area. Excellent transportation free. Wonderful convenient location with no crowds to worry about. Since already inside park no gas or time required trying to get in. Use off own camping supplies and food minimises cost's dramatically but restaurant not so bad price wise. Fort Wilderness where you can rent a cabin or use your RV or tents. Highly-highly recommend it. Buying your supplies before entering minimises trips to outside supermarkets.12 out of 10… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“We spent 55 minutes on the phone making reservations...”

Written on: 28/09/2004 by CTDisney (1 review written)

We spent 55 minutes on the phone making reservations with Disney World Animal Kingdom Lodge Deluxe Savana View Room View. As a Florida resident we received a resident discount.

Mysteriously our reservation was never recorded and as a result ruined my little girls 4 year old birthday. Never again will I ever support this company with my money.

Once you get to their theme parks it is one drain after another on your wallet. It is all commercialized. Don't buy the hype. Buy a real experience… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to CTDisney's Review

Written on: 29/09/2004

The Disney empire has been the pits for many years unfortunately.

274732_Dmwallace's Response to CTDisney's Review

Written on: 16/01/2007

Unfortunately your bad experience was due to poor workmanship and poor planning. You can't fix the poor workmanship, but you can fix the poor planning. Next time, confirm your reservations multiple times before your trip, and get confirmation numbers and email confirmations sent to your home. Speaking from experience.

“All in all having visited all the theme parks in...”

Written on: 01/05/2004 by a l 14 09 72 (1 review written)

All in all having visited all the theme parks in orlando we found Disney World and the disney parks to be the most organised and well layed out with visitor satisfaction key, and extremely well planned entertainment offered… Read Full Review

Groovee's Response to a l 14 09 72's Review

Written on: 03/05/2004

Hi there, It may be an ideal to explain more about Disney world. Give some tips for where to stay and what there is on offer. What is at Disney and what time the parks open etc.

☆☆☆☆☆

“DISNEY WORLD Doesn't care about those people who can't...”

Written on: 10/02/2004 by disneynotfair (1 review written)

DISNEY WORLD Doesn't care about those people who can't afford to pay for a 4 or 5 day pass. Disneyland in California offer 2 and 3 day hoppers. Orlando doesn't they just say buy a 4 day pass and use the other days later. Or buy one day one park passes. If you can only afford a couple of days you have to pick which 2 parks you want to go to instead of being able to park hop. Disney makes me wonder if they only care about people with money… Read Full Review

147012_Leona's Response to disneynotfair's Review

Written on: 10/03/2004

I think that disney world is fantastic. The passes are very good value for money when you know were to buy them and you shop around for them. They don't expire unlike other hooper passes. So if you don't use up the whole pass you can use them the next time you go no matter when it is.

Bertie's Response to disneynotfair's Review

Written on: 29/09/2004

"Disney makes me wonder if they only care about people with money".
<br>
<br>And even then it's only the money! The word 'Disney' joined the entries in my Big Book of Obscenities years ago.

Ctdisney's Response to disneynotfair's Review

Written on: 29/09/2004

This guy knows what he is talking about. don't be fooled by lala land or world

Sueleo's Response to disneynotfair's Review

Written on: 28/05/2004

I couldn't put a price on the overwhelming excitement my son must have felt when he walked through those gates, and having revisited 3 times since then I couldn't fault the Disney staff, the parks were clean and wait times were less than posted. You get out of these places what you put in, I dont think we could have got the memories we will all cherish (for life) and talk about frequently anywhere else. I'm glad we invested in lasting memories that can only be that magical through the eyes of children, or adults who can still be kids at heart - give me Disney over any UK theme park anyday - and you don't get ripped off by the food vendors either, all the franchises retail at high street prices, the Americans wouldn't have it any other way - only us Brits accept high gate prices and being robbed for food in a theme park!!

Jojoba2K's Response to disneynotfair's Review

Written on: 27/05/2004

My parents have just booked our 4th family holiday to Orlando, Florida. The first time we went in 1998 was so good, we've been going back every couple of years since. I no longer go on holidays with my family, and Disney World for a 19 year old sounds really sad! But I just love the rides and attractions, the people are really friendly, and I NEVER come home without 5 or 6 cuddly toys! Every time we've been before, I've never had to save up more than spending money, but now I'm fully employed I have to pay for my own flights, tickets, food etc, so is costing about one months wages! And trying to save up for my own car AND pay for a Florida Holiday isn't cheap! But it is definitely worth it!
<br>To anyone who has never been to Disney World - You have got to go, not just when you're young, but when you're older as well (when your younger you don't get to experience the adult rides and attractions).
<br>Disney World, although obviously out to make money from us, is the one place I would recommend to anyone (even grandparents - Shows run all the time during the day, fireworks are excellent and just a stroll around the different countries in Epcott is intriguing!)
<br>ANYONE WHO CHOOSES NOT TO GO TO DISNEY IS MAD - GET YOURSELF THERE AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE!! YOU REALLY WON'T WANT TO LEAVE!

Babewotever's Response to disneynotfair's Review

Written on: 19/03/2004

I have been to Disney World and it is the best place EVER!!! It's clean, fun and the people are friendly! I am going back soon and I cant wait!!! BEST PLACE!! I totally disagree with you!!