Nemo Personal Finance Reviews

• Quality of Content

Nemo Personal Finance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nemo Personal Finance

Nemo Personal Finance

“THEY ARE BULLIES THAT RUIN PEOPLES' LIVES”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by Nikolail206 (1 review written)

I took out a loan with Nemo Finance as at the time I was in a better pad job. 3yrs later I lost my job and I have been struggling to pay and I am in arrears. They agreed to set up a payment plan notsaying how long for and now they have threatened to take my house off me. I have always kept them informed with income/expenditure forms, never defaulted on payment, but they say I am in too much arrears and unless I pay them off My house is taken off me. This has made me ill, I am not eating or… Read Full Review

“Ruthless”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by AxelFlores (1 review written)

They are ok when your signing up but the first sign of personal financial difficulties they wont help but will take you to court.........ruthless company. They contrabuted to me losing my home and still chacing me for money.......news for you NEMO,,i have nothing left so go to hell. Stay clear and dont get involved with this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

I agree with you there. But they are a nasty piece of work. I took out a loan when I was in a better paid job, but unfortunately I lost my job 4yrs later. I was told I had a PPI and then in 2011 I was told it had expired. They knew my circumstances were difficult and I could only pay so much per month, they agreed. I was keeping them informed at all times and filling out Expenditure forms all the time for them. but now it is not good enough they have threatened to take my house off me soon and I have no where to go, unless I pay off the arrears. They have made me very ill. I am not eating or sleeping. It is affecting me at work and when I am driving I am almost falling asleep. They are bullies they must be stopped as they don't care. What have they done to you.

Written on: 24/07/2014

I have been in touch with Watchdog, but not back in touch with me yet. So you did loose your home then. Sorry to hear that.

Written on: 24/07/2014

“I have the misfortune to have a secured loan with this...”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Miracle417 (1 review written)

I have the misfortune to have a secured loan with this sham of a company .I have endured the constant errors made by the poorly trained and unconcerned staff. Numerous complaints result in a we don't care and you don't matter attitude and response .Obstructive responses to the most simple of requests from this shower. Try asking for the CEO details ,guess what? ITS NOT COMPANY POLICY TO GIVE YOU THAT INFORMATION , perhaps in a hope you will just go away! However that information is available on… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

They are dangerous Stay away from theses people, they are bullies and they don't care. they are taking my house off me and they have not even given me a chance to get a better job. As when I took out the loan I was in a better paid job. They did a PPI and never told me really until I lost my job, then I found out it had expired 4yrs later. They have to be stopped. if this has happened to you we must get together and stop them

What happened to you.

“valuation incorrect”

Written on: 15/06/2014 by 243Fanning (1 review written)

passed all the inital checks ,all nice and slick until it came to the valuation of the house-they were £1000s out infact £20000 incorrect!.After reading other reviews on here im quite glad it didnt all go through!.They kept waffling on about how good there valuation was.I had a secondry valuation carried out by a surveyor… Read Full Review

“Thank you !! - STAY CLEAR BE WARNED”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by Shaniyas485 (1 review written)

I went through Money Supermarket who found me a secured Loan through Nemo. After i have read the reviews , i am so glad i did not take out any Loans from (Load Sharks Nemo) I feel for the People who hasd taken loans from Nemo. Money Supermarket should have noting to do with Nemo !! THEY ARE ALL JUST AS BAD… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

If I knew then what I know now I would not have gone with Nemo, they are bad news. PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

“nemo loan”

Written on: 08/06/2014 by Eugenen279 (1 review written)

Had £25000 from nemo in 2008,fell into money problems nemo have been understanding offered solutions .eg payment plan to check up on arrears.income and expenditure review. KASH SINGH… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

Well you are lucky then they have ruined me totally.

“Was thinking of taking out a loan but have read reviews”

Written on: 27/05/2014 by Eliza89 (1 review written)

A big thank you to everyone who wrote a review about this company. Was very close to sending off signed documents until my daughter started reading the reviews. All paperwork is now shredded. Everyone who made a comment on here should go to Watchdog and get them to investigate. Good luck to you all and again thank you for taking the time to warn others about this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

I have gone to watchdog but not heard from them as yet, what did watchdog do for you. Please let me know

Ruthie1968's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2014

As we didn't go through with the loan we did not report our situation to Watchdog. Hopefully they will get back to you. This company should not be allowed to treat their customers this way.

“GREAT Loan,Great Rate”

Written on: 07/02/2014 by maqqie (1 review written)

In a very hard times when all high street banks said, no, Tesco said No and it was NO NO NO, we find NEMO Personal Finance website and read that we can apply directly without incurring any broker fees (considering we have been offered Home-owners loan from Barclays through Freedom Finance who then ask Nemo to provide Loan and charge 10-12% of the value of the loan brokers fee) We nearly applied for this one , But we checked their website and we applied directly. Almost immediately we had an… Read Full Review

Jimmypunter's Response to maqqie's Review

Written on: 13/02/2014

If it suits you then that's great. If you fall behind for a month you'll see what they are really like though!

“I am having a terrible time with this company (nemo)...”

Written on: 21/01/2014

I am having a terrible time with this company (nemo) They are nothing short of 'legal'(i use the term legal in a very loose sense) backstreet lenders. I was paid back my ppi which i chose to have taken off the total of the loan so as to reduce my monthly payments. Now here is the interesting bit...... My wife and i are separated and have this loan in joint names so they were reluctant to pay back the ppi as both signatures were needed. So we came to a deal where they would take my half of the… Read Full Review

Shark2012's Comment

Written on: 05/02/2014

we are having trouble too we took a 15,000 loan out with nemo 8 yrars ago we have already paid them 18,000 back and there still saying we owe another 25,000 .I have lost my job and finding it hard to pay but they are phoning all day every day and tell them the same thing can someone help

What did they do to you

Oboledefe's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2014

Nemo Finance is a very bad heatless lenders. They sold PPI of £3950 to me and charges interest of 13.5% monthly even though they knew I was self-employed in their books. When it became apparent they had mis-sold ppi they claimed ppi was paid up front to a 3rd party. They still charge me interest on the ppi and refuse to refund it. They just won't take responsibility. Am considering litigation. I could have been saved this additional stress . Nemo Finance don't behave like a UK company. I won't recommend them to anyone.

“Misleading interest rates”

Written on: 05/01/2014

How the FSA allow Nemo to get away with their unscrupulous and misleading practices is beyond me. Little wonder that Private Eye refers to the FSA as the fundamentally supine authority. They suggest to borrowers that their interest rates will broadly follow the market but in fact they bear no correlation to movement in the market at all - avoid them!… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

Should I get in touch with the FSA.

“Never ever go with this company ”

Written on: 23/11/2013

My husband lost his job 2010 they didn't care they didn't help all they wanted to do is get our house repressed . We have to pay the full amount my husband is still out of work and we are struggling. Please please don't go with Company I have nothing good to say about this company they are bullies and if they were given half the chance they would like to see family's loose there home. … Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

Did they take your house.

Written on: 26/07/2014

They taking my home and I don't know how to stop it. I have gone down loads of roads, but at a dead end at the moment, Can you tell if you did loose your home or was it stopped and if so who by and pass them on to me PLEASE.

“Nemo personal finance are deceitful and dishonest”

Written on: 04/11/2013

I received an offer for a personal loan from Nemo personal finance in the UK.I was first told i was supposed to pay a fee,which i did and was assured that my loan would be in my account.r50000 later,I am supposed to still pay R20000.They wont release the money that i paid to them.They are deceitful people who caught me at a vunerable time.Someone help me to get my money back… Read Full Review

Padams's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2014

Why all the extra fees ? I also applied for a loan paid the registration fee and because I had no collateral had to take out a non collateral loan and had to pay R7250 for insurance and now I am told that to transfer the money will cost me a further R9500. Tell me do you know if there will be any more fees ? because the agent keep on telling me there wont be and I have already paid the registration and non collateral fees.

Written on: 26/07/2014

Did you get your money back

“Nothing more than Loan Sharks”

Written on: 01/10/2013

For the love of whatever you hold dear, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get a loan from these welsh numpties. We took out a loan with them based on a recommendation and we are regretting it. They gave us a favourable interest rate to get us to sign on the dotted line and as soon as the ink was dry they raised it and you haven't got a leg to stand on. They can do whatever the hell they want. So I say again DO NOT GET A LOAN FROM THESE PEOPLE… Read Full Review

Msnelling's Comment

Written on: 07/10/2013

Hi thanks for this, I was in the process of accepting a loan offer but was concerned about the whole variable interest rate thing, and asked them direct how often and in what circumstances they would increase their interest rate.
Got a really positive response which almost convinced me, but deep down I was unsure. You have saved me from myself and I should have trusted my instinct.

Written on: 24/07/2014

That's what they did to me. What did you do and how have they treated you.

“Nemo - 20,000 Leagues - Secured Loans”

Written on: 30/09/2013 by Captivated501 (1 review written)

I took out a secured loan some years ago, and after I had agreed I received quotations with a PPI element that I had not asked for. The nice guy apologised and then re-issued load illustrations. Once I had agreed and signed I was advised that the % offered was no longer available (I assumed that it was becasue I had refused PPI). Anyway I still accepted the loan as I had committed and given my word - and perhaps knew no better. The years passed... and following the financial crisis, a… Read Full Review

Jca0's Response to Captivated501's Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

They did the same to me. If I go to the courts do you think they may do the same for me as I am a person on my own. Please let me know

“Nemo are bully's ”

Written on: 01/09/2013

We borrowed 10k with nemo in march 2010 we payed 150 a month it was a scoured loan my husband was made redundant October 2010 so we were struggling phoned nemo to tell them that. My husband had got made redundant I set up an arrangement with them and it was fine but six months went buy I had a letter to tell us they our home was going to repressed we had to go to court so I phoned them up and spoke to them they said you are not paying the full amount so we are taking you to court and going… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

They have done the same to me. If I take all these reviews to court do you think they might see what sort of company they are and I may be able to keep my house.

“AVOID NEMO”

Written on: 22/07/2013

I am a customer and fell behind by about 1.5 months worth and was hounded by them. They sent an "investigator" unannounced and he started taking pictures of my house. I told him to cease and wipe the camera clean or I'd smash it. He complied. These are a bunch of supercilious gits who will bombard you with calls and SMS. They even use a fake mobile number so you think it's not them calling you. I reported them to the FSA and got nowhere. DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BECOME A CUSTOMER… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/07/2013

Here is the "mobile number" that comes onto your screen so you think it's a personal call but in reality it's Nemo. I have received calls at 8pm and on Saturdays from this number.

I repeat, DO NOT TOUCH NEMO IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. If you need money go to your bank and try them.

If I win the Lottery I will be going to their offices in Fitzallan Place, Cardiff, with a cash settlement in pound coins and 50p pieces!

Written on: 08/08/2013

Hi, just read all them comments about Nemo Finance and thinking of taking a ;oan with for debt consolidation. Can you advise whether you were behind on payments? Did Nemo put your interest rate up after a while?

JUST STEER CLEAR

Ok, defo not bothering with Nemo! Thanks for the info

Written on: 24/07/2014

Don't go with this company.

Written on: 08/08/2013

they have a fixed rate but at 7.2% whereas rates are at 0.100% at moment so they are a rip off AVOID AVOID AVOID. I really hate them

Written on: 09/08/2013

When you fall behind they send you leaflets one of which gives info on how to contact SHELTER and the rundown on how they will get you to sell your house to pay them off. This crew should not be in business or at least should have some special watchdog as should all other lenders. Are there any ex NEMO employees out there who can give info on how they (NEMO) operate. If there are - get whistleblowing!

Written on: 15/09/2013

They are at it again and have changed their "pretend mobile number" to make you think it's not them calling.

AVOID THIS SHOWER

“Nemo Shark Loans”

Written on: 15/05/2013 by Daveo1975 (1 review written)

I took a loan out with Nemo for 25k in 2007 and they lumped on another 5k for Payment Protection insurance taking the total up to 30k, after 5 years of paying off this loan at £339.00 per month I still owe them 24k. I have paid them to date £21696.00 and this agreement does'nt end until 2022. I once had one month where I didnt make one payment due to me being out of work and I asked if I could activate my payment protection and the reply was your not covered as you haven't been unemployed… Read Full Review

Fattypants1's Response to Daveo1975's Review

Written on: 08/08/2013

Hi, I was thinking of taking out a loan with Nemo to debt consolidate. Can you advise how long you had the loan over? Are they really that bad? Or is it if youve missed a payment that you get slapped with heavy charges/ I'd really like to hear from please.

Jca0's Response to Daveo1975's Review

Written on: 26/07/2014

What did they do to you and how did you resolve it.

Jca0's Response to Daveo1975's Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

That's what they said to me. So what happened to you.

“Nemo are Pants !!”

Written on: 30/04/2013

Nemo are bullies after sending in a financial statement to advise cannot afford to pay at present due to financial difficulties. Their answer is no !! and now looking to repossess my home for £1200.00 Personally would not recommend to my worse enemy as they are as bad if not worse than pay day loans. … Read Full Review

They are you are right.

Written on: 26/07/2014

Did they use certain solicitors, Please reply to this.

“thank you”

Written on: 26/03/2013

thank you to everyone writing in a review; I was really happy to find the cheap rates that Nemo offered; but now I will steer well clear of them due to the sorry experiences that other people have suffered through them… Read Full Review

“upfront information”

Written on: 10/03/2013

25,000 consolisation loan, no fees not like freedom who wanted to charge over 2,000 for finding a nemo loan when u can do it yourself on line.all details sent in post with time to consider,second papers sent out needing witness, all parties on application contacted and talked through details of loan to be sure of payments etc. 25,000 over 10years £292 a month at 7.4% interest much cheaper than credit card interest and excisting loan so pleased with outcome.liked the clear paper work and list… Read Full Review

Daveo1975's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2013

Great to see a employer writing reviews for Nemo.

Written on: 16/08/2013

only a customer giving an honest opinion based on my experience.

Stine's Comment

Written on: 26/02/2014

can I please have your email address im trying to take a loan out with Nemo now but they asking for registration fee R750 and it says nemo south Africa the Managing director/Owner of Nemo Financial Loan Company (that's the name on my documents that they email me) is this the same company?

Davegood's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2013

Whoever wrote this either works for Nemo or is associated with Nemo. They are a shocking company. They get their claws in to you and then reel you in hiking the variable rate irrespective of market conditions & the BofE base rate. My advice to anyone is to stay away from these un-ethical blood sucking parasites.

Written on: 16/08/2013

i can only state that my rate has not gone up to date with both loans i have had with nemo, and an example was given on illustration if rate went up by a certain percent.........just my experience NOTHING to do with company.............

Written on: 08/08/2013

would you reccomend Nemo Finance? Only I was thinking of taking at a secured loan for £18000 but reading all the awful reviews, it really worried. Can you advise please, it would be much appreciated

Written on: 16/08/2013

no-one can really recomend a loan for someone else as all circumstances are so different, the only advice i have is to see what all available laons are to you and then take into account intersest rate, term of loan, penalties etc and with all the info make the best judgmnt which suits your needs thinking about repayment amount and your job security etc as these loan companys are all in the business of making money whatever company you use. just be informed and do plenty of checks before making a desision..read the small print as this trips people up when things go wrong and then they blame the company, only my opinion not advising you to take a loan as i say no one can do that....

Philg61's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2013

Thinking of taking a loan out with Nemo but just concerned with the variable interest rate. Has your interest rate stayed the same or gone up? any feedback would be helpful. thanks

Written on: 16/08/2013

rate has always stayed the same, would not be good business to put up rates especially as bank rate is so low all customers would go elswhere and financial services would investigate if not justifiable. (this is what the advisor told me when i asked when applying)