Blackstones Kitchen, Bath Reviews

From 1 review
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

Blackstones Kitchen, Bath - Ask a question now

“The Croque monsieur was two small greasy bits of fried...”

Written on: 17/09/2006 by november (1 review written)

The Croque monsieur was two small greasy bits of fried bread with a slice of cheap ham in the centre and a thumbnail of cheese, when i mentoined that this was not a croque monsieur, I have lived in France and am well aware of what the dish should be I was told that was the way they did it. Overall the food was of very poor quality poorly presented as small in quantity and only produced after a long wait. The orange juice was no more than a dribble poured over a mountain of ice. The coffee… Read Full Review

261952_Bridgette's Response to november's Review

Written on: 03/10/2006

I am totally surprised by the previous reviewers comments. I have been a customer at Blackstones Kitchen for a couple of years, and I am now a regular user of their fantastic new restaurant. I find it difficult to fault the service and quality of food.

Mwrobertson's Response to november's Review

Written on: 07/10/2006

Blackstones provide some of the finest food the South West has to offer. My wife and I feel in love with this place since moving over from Sydney a few years ago. We were blown away during our first visit by their Boston Beans, and we have rarely been disappointed in the countless visits since. We were won over by the fact that much of the produce is free range, organic and locally sourced. I like food an awful lot, but would not call myself a foodie (I would be more likely to be found having drinks with the Michelin Man than in a Michelin Star restaurant), and just want quality food that is lovingly prepared. I resent being ripped off by the countless restaurants and cafés serving-up uninspired mush. So Blackstones is a beacon of hope. Check out the Italian roast pork roll or lamb in a roll! Not to mention beef burger for lunch on Saturday. One thing I would like to see is the return of the Boston Beans to the menu – fingers crossed. Enjoy!